Is STEM Cucked?

> getting out of the Army soon
> Using GI
> Family friend invited me to study in Boston, house me, and help pay for tuition
> Gonna transfer from a polisci BA (don't get me started) and finish bachelor's
> Plan on doing a masters degree in science or computers
> almost too good to be true

What am I missing? Are certain degrees more cucked than others in science or computers? Are there any quotas and other shit I have to worry about, especially in Boston?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_problems_in_economics#Financial_economics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't sound like you are suitable for STEM if you think you will just get a masters in "science or computers". There are already so many retards in STEM and we don't need more (also said retards are mostly minorities, so if you are white just find something else to do).
But to answer your question, yes STEM is cucked. Half of your coworkers will be Chinese or Indian citizens, brought over to lower wages (yes, after adjusting for inflation, engineers make less money now than 50 years ago). These H1b wageslaves not only can't speak English well, most are desperate for green cards, and they have to get back at the end of the line again if they are terminated for any reason, so they are basically the ultimate slaves. If this sounds like a good office environment to you, have fun.

I'm actually staying with Chinese people lol. I'm just a retard about the system, but I was good in chemistry in high school, so maybe I'll look into that or genetics. I'd rather do science than computer stuff, even though computers are more lucrative.

>so maybe I'll look into that or genetics

Oh you poor misguided soul...

>chemistry
>genetics
Are you a woman by chance?

If you think you can provide cheaper and better products to the masses without hiring Chinks and Pajeets, why don't you do it yourself? Why not start a company, hiring only whites and prove to people it's gonna work out?

What's wrong with genetics?

No, I'm a guy.

All fields of Biology and Chemistry and horribly over saturated, which very little actual demand in the industry.

I know for a fact that Chemistry is quite in demand.

What's a good field to go into, Hans?

sure ya do brony

The one that you are most interested in? What kind of question is that?

This Also, if you ever get as far as to d a PhD the universities will fuck you sideways. It is modern slavery. I really do consider right now to simply quit ... fuck idealism, fuck science, the good times are simply over and society does not give a flying fuck about it. Let the fuckers die of cancer or something, I won't let them bleed my life away any longer. As soon as I get an exit scenario running I will flip my boss the finger and be the fuck outa here...

>STEM is lucrative.
Maybe it's more lucrative than flipping burgers, but again, entry wages are actually trending downwards at this point. No matter what field you go into you will be competing with desperate pajeets and chinamen. Do you know how demoralizing it is to here your coworkers in the hallway talking loudly in Mandarin? The STEM work environment is fucked and it is going to have a long-term impact on American prosperity.
(Btw you can avoid h1b retards only by doing security clearance defense work. While this is a solution, those jobs are usually pretty lame and slow moving, and you are always at the mercy of government budget cuts causing layoffs.)

He says biology and chemistry are oversaturated, it would seem to reason that I'm referring to fields which aren't.

If you have ample interest in either biology or chemistry, you'll be fine.

Or, if you choose a field simply because it's "in demand", you'll end up like this guy hating that you didn't choose what you actually enjoyed and complaining about how civilization is doomed.

Nah. I know a few who did chemistry.
Without a PhD and well received research results you can pretty much file for welfare(or maybe get a shitty job as assistant in academics).

Yeah there is demand for chemists, but only for the best of the best.

Depends on where you get a job. Most of the west coast has Chinks and Poos working there. Chinks tend to wrote okay code, whiles poos shit out garbage you will need to fix. Whites are slowly being weeded out of the field so if you are white it isn't a solid career plan like it used to be.
This, software engineers used to make bank. Now unless you are good at negotiating a salary or don't want to be fired and replaced by two poos you need to walk a fine line on your asking price.

Adding to both, most project managers are career women and trying to ask them to fire non-whites is useless.
>to:dr; women, poos and chinks, declining salaries say don't go into STEM.

>Yeah there is demand for chemists, but only for the best of the best.
That's like every other field when it comes to industry. The better or cheaper will always replace you. You must stay ahead of the curve if you don't want that.

>Most of the west coast has Chinks and Poos working there
This is only true about low-skilled coding jobs; not high skilled programmers. High-skilled ones are always in demand regardless of the race/gender.

Anyone know of decent GIMP filters that can do artifact effects like in OP's pic? I have to do a lot of cover pics and thumbnails and it would come in handy.

Nobody will hire you when they can enslave a H1B1 Pajeet.

I've always been better in bio and chemistry than other sciences. Saddens me, because I'd absolutely love to get into optics or photonics, but the career track seems so fucking long, and idk if physics is my strong suit

Oh no I did choose the field because I do enjoy molecular biology. I still do. But I am not willing to accept the working conditions in that field any more. I am constantly constrained by either lacking financial backing or by the inane demands of my professor who now more than once told me (in spite of my protest) to follow a research strategy that I knew would fail from the beginning. I have wasted month trying to get shit running that I knew would have never worked...

Seriously. Fuck science. I am so disillusioned right now that not even my inherent masochism would keep me running. Every fucking day on my way to my current work my stomach revolts and my brain shuts down in abject disgust.

pic related, men like him would not even get the chance to do a PhD nowadays

>GIMP
Do you enjoy suffering? Don't do that to yourself, user! Just get Photoshop already!

i refuse to pay for adobe products

If you're doing IT you beed to become a Project Manager. Get your PMP certification, PMs in Boston are able to command over $100/hour.

I don't like torrenting executables and I sho as hell aint paying $5000 or whatever it costs nowadays for straight white males who aren't crippled retired students in a disadvantaged school program.

Can you get a PMP certification on your spare time?

Oh look, it's yet another thread where Sup Forums discusses something they know nothing about for the umpteenth time.

Adobe shill

>let a Chinese cartoon website do the thinking for you
>delineate all of academic research into 'meme' and 'not meme' binary splitting
>wonder why you never found success in what you decided to pursue
Hmm?

STEM is a scam to get smart people to take harder jobs for less money. You will be competing against turbonerds that do open source for fun and h1b slaves. You will constantly have to bust ass in order to keep up.

Accounting, finance, medical, veterinary, dental, law. All easier all much better paying.

I heard from London anons that working finance is an absolute living hell though... How can you swing finance?

CPA here. This man speaks the truth and his trips are well-deserved.

Finance takes many forms. Finance requires long hours and meeting with clients on weekends. The difference is that you meet over lunch or golf rather than being on call 24/7. You can earn far more in finance as well.

You hear it's hell because they are actual human beings. They react to negative stimuli whereas turbo nerd programmers get off to the challenges associated with debugging. They literally do it in their free time without charging a dime for it. Finance workers do the same only they get paid.

How can you innovate in the finance field?

The only time I've been interested in learning about economics at all was learning about the Austrian school during my time being interested in Ancap ideas.

STEM is a joke. Idk why you people act like making 60k a year post grad is some bourgeoisie tier. There are other jobs that pay way more. If you love science or computers, that is another story

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_problems_in_economics#Financial_economics

>Accounting, finance, medical, veterinary, dental, law. All easier all much better paying.
This. I know people with BSNs that make a multiple of an engineer's salary

Learn a trade, better ROI and less risk.
If you do "need" a degree, get qualified to do accounting.
t. econ PhD

Finance is all innovation. Discovering new opportunity, new markets and new models before anyone else is what will make you rich. The environment is constantly changing and there aren't the same rules and standards keeping firms behaving in a specific way.

In science you are bound by ethical standards as well as what will get financing. In computing and engineering you are also bound to the same sorts of industry standards.

In finance you can make a billion-dollar purchase or billion dollar short against a company. You can go all in and do crazy things that no one has ever even considered. Science is limited only to what we currently understand and what people will pay to be researched. I fail to see how that is innovative at all.

Even so work is about money. If you want to bust ass for less money go for it and God bless you. Society benefits when you sacrifice yourself and I am grateful for it.

I'm really not in for fat stacks, I want to follow in the footsteps of the greats and live as a true Renaissance man. My father had a PhD in Biochemistry and always taught me knowledge for knowledge's sake, so I'm seeking wisdom.

Thanks, I had no idea these existed.

I am grateful that I sucked enough a computer programming to wash out during my first year. I went from being hot shit top of my class in high school to be nothing special.

I switched to business information systems and once again became hot shit, all with opportunities that pay more for less work.

>I am seeking wisdom
There is more to wisdom than sciences. However, if you love the field, go ahead. I was speaking more to the people who say to go into STEM because they act like it will make you rich, and it is the only option for a career

Do you want knowledge for yourself or do you want knowledge for society?

If you want knowledge for society you're better off working and earning money. Take that money and donate so scholars can have their project funding. There is a surplus of scientists and a deficit of funding.

If it's possible to have a halfway decent pad and be able to help innovate in my field, I don't give a fuck about being wealthy.

Combo of both. I've been stating up some entrepreneurial shit to satify my appetite in that.

>If it's possible to have a halfway decent pad and be able to help innovate in my field, I don't give a fuck about being wealthy.
Yes, STEM can offer that. However, I heard (not positive) that academic and non-computer/engineering/medical jobs don't pay much.

I'm not interested in slurping up to the top in academia. I want to get some people together that I get along with and come up with something.