Is One piece worth watching ?

The characters looks pretty generic but i wanna know if it's worth watching the 800 episodes of the anime

hell no, if you gonna do something, read the manga, or don't.
the anime is utter trash

No. It's complete garbage. Don't let the memes on Sup Forums trick you on this poorly drawn baby shitfest

Read the manga. I know this sounds totally gay, but it's actually a pretty tragic story. Like if there was no humor, it'd be really depressing.

read the manga

No, but it's worth reading.

But still if i'd watch the manga, would one piece be the best manga ?

Read the colored manga, I'm halfway through and it's easily the best fight shonen manga.

>The characters looks pretty generic
Read the manga.

The anime is pretty good until the timeskip.

>Watching
No, they barely adapt one chapter per episode now.

You can say a lot of things about OP but that the characters are generic isn't one of this, There are hundred of characters that look weird as fuck.

>getting into One Piece in 2017
No, just no.

I got into OP a week ago and I'm having a blast.

If you really want to watch the anime switch to manga after the timeskip trust me they stop giving a fuck about quality

>best fight shonen manga
>le epic rubber man xDDD

Just read the manga, the anime is really bad quality

The sub is even more trash. I fucking hate US VAs

Who's reading the newest chapters about Whole Cake Island?

Fuck no, if you have time and are curious just read the manga, then eventually watch some amv with better moments like marinford

Did you start from the beginning or jump in the middle?
Where are you at now?

Just wait for the live action adaptation and watch that instead

it can't be worse than the anime

READ.
THE.
MANGA.
YOU.
DINK.

I start from the beginning and I am at the last chapter

no wait for the live action series

Read the manga and watch anime for the fights. They're all probably on youtube in full length.

Trust me the anime can have shit pacing due to filler in between canon material so don't bother.

watch the anime,after you finish alibasta. water 7,enemies lobby,and thriller bark had the best animation,the anime animation only went to shit during punk hazard,1000% have to watch war of the best in anime format,It was the most well directing I have ever scene for a fighting anime and had overall best quality for the arc

One Piece has never been genuinely great but it's had its moments.
People hype it so much by comparing it to utter dogshit like Naruto instead of other non-WSJ manga.

>the colored manga
Shit suggestion. Black and white art that is designed to be black and white looks like shit with digital colors sprayed on it.

It's unwatchable after the time skip. I wish I just read the manga from the get go.

>never been genuinely great
There were genuinely great arcs and moments. They've past long ago but it's never been really bad.

What is wrong with you

>started watching and reading last year
Whew. That was a close one

When did you start? I knew someone who started one to a bit before the time skip and caught up in 2 weeks.

The origin stories were just fantastic. Except for maybe Iron Man's.

I also want to get into OP but will it ever end? I don't want another feeling of void like HxH or Berserk.

from the beginning, I'm on chapter 400 right now.

No, just read the manga. The episode are adapted like one episode for one chapter.

i just caught up with the manga after months of reading, it your into world building its great every setting and and even the characters that only appear for a volume or 2 are so fleshed out and realized, like the world moves even without the strawhats, unlike other shonen.

the setting runs one some kind of fairy tale logic where things happen because they are thematically relevant rather than because they are realistic, like how people who are important are 10-15 feet tall and no one seems to call attention to it or how zoro can cut through a ship.

>Iron Man
Franky was cool maybe once. One of the main reasons I like One Piece is because of the characters and their development.

20 feet tall and have no human features yet are human. Moria is a mystery.

For the first time in like 20 years it seems they're getting somewhere with the One Piece and shit. They're picking on the big boys now so its actually progress.
They are taking on one of the most powerful pirates right now and its BIG stuff.

Anime until you're at Thriller Bark then switch to manga.

Read the manga.

Never had a problem with the time it's taking. The whole quest is for bragging rights, Oda is keeping up with his updates, and the titular Macguffin is on the other side of the fucking planet.

Just hope the quality doesn't drop too much by the time it finishes.

>20 feet tall and have no human features yet are human. Moria is a mystery.

>MC punches ordinary human into the concrete pavement, breaking said pavement
>doesn't die, doesn't even seem to be severely injured just knocked out

One Piece's laws of physics just doesn't work like ours. It's like how gamma radiation works in cape comics.

Oda at the very least meets his deadline aside from the break every 4-6 chapters along with caring about his manga and fans.

just wait until the netflix series

He does take breaks but its just for one week for every 4 or so chapters.
He doesn't leave for like a year or something.
If anything, he's basically forced to take brakes because he just wants to keep writing his manga despite his deteriorating health.

>400 chapters in a week
Do you feel bad about being a burden?

It does. The weird character designs add to the appeal of the series.

He basically gets the bare minimum amount of rest to keep working. I'm glad when he got a month off to prepare for the time skip.

Just read the manga.

Summer vacation

*I was
I need rest, too. Shit.

Why did you need a live action tv show announcement to pay attention to this series? Get lost, normalfag.

It's absolutely perfect for the bouncy, cartoony feel of the world and it's very well executed, working together with the layouts to do some fantastic storytelling.

In other words my dear friendo. Everyone have their own preferences, there exists no hivemind that decides good tastes.

Unless you're a nazi in which case you should drink some bleach and spare us the misery.

Watch the anime until after Enies Lobby, skipping filler (which cuts the episode count down considerably), then read the manga.

Moriah is a human and it's been stated that giantism is a thing as well as abnormally large humans

Not really.