Was the invention of fire guns the downfall point of civilization?

Ever since the invention of guns, every effeminate, pathetic, weak woman or man can kill anything
Strength and courage are no longer a virtue
You do not even have to look into the eyes of the person who is killing
What do you think, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9d9kgQOJO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Arrows dipshit. Same thing. Archers were generally weaker than the warriors.

Takes years to be a decent archer... crossbows are where it all began to end.

The invention of firearms was one of the best things to ever happen to human civilization, and only a huge fool could think otherwise.

fire guns?

lol

faggot

Whatever led to civilization being unable to murder off people like you was the beginning of the end. Probably modern medicine.

>be from a noble family
>master the sword after years of training
>buy a full set of armor
>go to battle
>get hit by stray bolt and die

wrong
/thread

Is this some fresh new pasta?
> inb4 this shows up a week from now, like the prison and "ban all guns" topic

Hello, miningbot. This post may or may not be useful to your handlers as it is cross-referenced with an abundance of historical data on the subject, but it will shed some light on the opinion of at least one "user" here.

I like guns. I think they're great. Like all other machines, technology in general, it has its benefits and dangers. On the same token as the post: One can argue the invention of the steam engine lead to the same kind of downfall: No longer did we need to plan for months of travel at a time; we could just buy a ticket and take a week-long trip across the country without exposing ourselves to the elements, thereby preserving any "weakness" that came along for the ride. On the other hand, some of that "weakness" lived on through today, was likely discovered as a genetic disease, further inspiring research into the area of genetic engineering. When gene editing becomes mainstream, what will we call "weakness"?

>fire guns
>memeflag

Fuck off Piefke

>fire guns
Doesn't own guns. Doesn't understand guns.

Kill yourself you uneducated 56% looking motherfucker.
youtube.com/watch?v=s9d9kgQOJO0

if this is your logic, then wasn't the first monkey to pick up a rock as a weapon instead of using bare hands the downfall of humanity? what about the first one to sharpen it? or the first one to tie that sharp rock to the end of a stick? All of those actions would give the physically weaker specimen an advantage over the stronger one. Were those changes negative? Would you prefer that the competition was never changed from brute force? That's what led to speciation away from chimpanzees and gorillas. Look at those sad fucks - trapped on a doomed rock in a solar system with no hope of escaping.

Adaptations and inventions, including firearms, that allow humanity's intelligent to reign instead of their brute physical force are a good thing. They are the very things that make civilization possible and they certainly do not ruin it.

>strength and courage are no longer a virtue
That's retarded and you should feel bad.
Before guns strength mattered, because beating someone who was weaker was an easy way to kill. There is no courage in that.
You're forgetting skill and luck.
Several weapons were designed (spear, sling, throwing a fucking rock) that required skill and the people behind the weapon could possibly have as much courage as anyone in close range combat.
If two people have a gun, the one who is more skillful and a little bit luckier will usually win.
That person could be defending their family, which takes a lot of courage to do.
Strength is relative, skill is not.
You're either more skillful at doing something or you're not.

>>

Well, I do believe that guns are like the swords of the bygone era. Swords (or any sharp object) - compared to your bare hands - make the job of killing a lot easier. And you don't have to get blood on your hands.

Soon, we'll get some kind of plasmid thing from Bioshock and we'll have the ability to kill someone using whatever deadly thing with our bare hands. Then someone like you will complain about something similar.

Not like I'm trying to insult you, OP. I'm just saying that you're a faggot or stupid or a pussy. I'm saying that you're the type of person to question a change. That's good. Maybe the almighty Trump is here and can question the progress of genetic engineering. Maybe we can keep our physical weapons.

Are you legitimately retarded?

>To say that life in the pre-gunpowder world was violent would be an understatement. Land travel, especially over long distances, was fraught with danger from murderers, robbers, and other criminals. Most women couldn't protect themselves from rape, except by granting unlimited sexual access to one male in exchange for protection from other males.

>Back then, weapons depended on muscle power. Advances in weaponry primarily magnified the effect of muscle power. The stronger one is, the better one's prospects for fighting up close with an edged weapon like a sword or a knife, or at a distance with a bow or a javelin (both of which require strong arms). The superb ability of such "old-fashioned" edged weapons to inflict carnage on innocents was graphically demonstrated by the stabbing deaths of eight second graders on June 8, 2001, by former school clerk Mamoru Takuma in gun-free Osaka, Japan.

>When it comes to muscle power, young men usually win over women, children, and the elderly. It was warriors who dominated society in gun-free feudal Europe, and a weak man usually had to resign himself to settle on a life of toil and obedience in exchange for a place within the castle walls when evil was afoot.
>...

>To imagine a world with no guns is to imagine a world in which the strong rule the weak, in which women are dominated by men, and in which minorities are easily abused or mass-murdered by majorities. Practically speaking, a firearm is the only weapon that allows a weaker person to defend himself from a larger, stronger group of attackers, and to do so at a distance. As George Orwell observed, a weapon like a rifle "gives claws to the weak."
>- Dave Kopel, A World Without Guns

No, the wooden club was the downfall of civilization.
I take it back, the rock was the downfall of civilization. Ever since the rock was held aloft, every effeminate pathetic, weak woman or man can kill anything .

Nah, the downfall was when we became multi cell organisms. Single cell worked just fine.

Television.

>Ever since the invention of guns, every effeminate, pathetic, weak woman or man can kill anything
>Strength and courage are no longer a virtue
>You do not even have to look into the eyes of the person who is killing
>What do you think, Sup Forums?
Have you ever actually had a gun in your hand and pointed it at someone?
You still have to pull that trigger that now weighs a thousand pounds in your mind.
Only psychotics find it easy to kill someone.

>Ever since the invention of guns, every effeminate, pathetic, weak woman or man can kill anything
>You do not even have to look into the eyes of the person who is killing
>What do you think, Sup Forums?
The organism that evolves to become a more efficient killer is the one that is the strongest.

>Hey, I'm black belt in 10 martial arts, I killed a bear bare hands, kicked the ass of 5 people in a street fight
>a fatass mutt woman shoots him with a glock
>dies

>Hey, I'm black belt in 10 martial arts, I killed a bear bare hands, kicked the ass of 5 people in a street fight
>>a fatass mutt woman shoots him with a glock
>>dies

And that is why I don't fuck with people I don't know.

“God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal!”

Modern firearms. Muzzleloaders are masculine cause you only get one round at a time and has a loading process that takes effort and strength when you have to shove the ammo down the muzzle like your cock down a trap's throat. There's a reason antique guns are excempt from gun laws, all weapons invented after the 2nd amendment's ratification (1791) should be restricted to miliary use so the losers we fight can have slightly more dignifity than if we beat them with ol' muskets, bayonets, and long rifles.
>To imagine a world with no guns is to imagine a world in which the strong rule the weak, in which women are dominated by men, and in which minorities are easily abused or mass-murdered by majorities.
(((Kopel)))

"An armed society is a polite society"

Strenght is degeneracy. Intelligence is a power of white man.

this pic how can langlets even compete

It all starts with fire, invention of fire was clearly the downfall point of civilization.
Every effeminate, pathetic, weak woman or man can survive the winter.
Dense and thick body hair no longer needed.

>Bringing the medieval equivalent of a knife to a gun fight
You get what you deserve desu

Inventing guns = superior brainpower. Brains beat brawns, and we evolved quicker.
Superior firepower is progress. Outside of that there is nothing as it is all defended by the latter.

>Strenght is degeneracy.
>t. Weak soyboy

No, you dumb nigger, everyone can strangle everyone in sleep
you don't even need a club, spear or a stone.

>fire guns

Civilization was a mistake. Without it, OP would not exist.