Is he right?

kotaku.com/evangelion-creator-predicts-the-death-of-anime-1706738732

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ziqCt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>kotaku
>shit from years ago
Fuck off and kill yourself, cancer.

But do you think he is right? Kind of like the video game industry even though I don't really game anymore.

Use an archive next time.

archive.is/ziqCt

All forms of entertainment have peaked already

>adding Sup Forums shit to the offense mix
Other user here, please kill your fucking self

At least we know that anime will still stay alive as long as One Piece lives. Also Detective Conan and Jojo, let's hope those shows never end.

>Kotaku

They said that with movies but they are still making billions.

Every so often the really big animes come out like One Piece but that's a rare few.

VR has yet to peek

He is not wrong, but things rise and drop like an endless cycle. You have to be lucky to live in the start and the peak.

Game industry has always been doing fine. They never reduce themselves to mostly making moe slice of life shit.

That and 3D will never make sense to me

Still making money so no

Even more wrong, vidya is making more money than ever

I guess that's true. The early 90s had lots of crazy anime going on.
But most games are similar to last gen games.

I mean in terms of Japan made games vs Western. The west has become huge in developing bigger series games.

We used to get huge anime all the time pre-2005. But One Piece and Detective Conan are the only ones that really survived for this long. The only reason Jojo is a recent big anime is because it's based on an old manga during the times great stuff were still coming out.

Good manga are still around, but quite rare.

>what is everything EA makes
>what is P2W games
>what is Wii U being a failure and NoA censoring all their games in the west
>steam lacking quality control
Video game industry despite making alot of money, has been rather stagnant.

yes, unless you like bad cgi.

I don't give a shit about what Anno predict. I just want him to release Rebuild 1.0+3.0 before 2100.

Jesus Christ, you're a retarded newfag and need to fuck off immediately.

Why am I not surprised to see this guy is best friends with Miyazaki?

Why would you want Anno to kill what's left of Eva's carcass? The Rebuild movies were terrible, let NGE rest in peace along with other dead franchises like Half-Life.

We can already pretend to fuck anime girls using it, how in the world has it not peaked?

Rewatching the original Ghost in the Shell is mesmerizing. So much detail in every scene.

I know they are bad. But I am an hopeless fanboy and I want more because I still have faith into Master Anno.

>shitty jpg picture
I hate you.

If he's motivated, it could be good like Shin Godzilla but if not and just cashing in for future projects we have Rebuild series.

>decline
>death
>synonyms

Its definitely in a bubble right now, and the pop isn't even that far off, but It'll return in some fashion always short of Japan being wiped off the map in WW 3.

Miyazaki has been saying it for years.
And they're both wrong.

Regardless of their quality, they can't retroactively make NGE bad. Stop with this retarded reasoning.

What will replace it?

Great movie

It gives NGE a bad name because new comers will watch Rebuild first and let that be their first impression.

Well yeah, bid budget Japanese games aren't in a good situation except for maybe SE.
Most of the good shit games smaller Japanese studios who can barely stay alive

If newcomers aren't interested enough to watch the original series, then fuck them. They are as retarded as newcomers from the 90s who weren't interested enough to watch 70s anime.
It's funny though how the retards that think that anime begun with Evangelion now complain because there are retards that think that anime begun with Death Note, Attack on Titan or whatever their entry shit was.

He's 100% right.

>Kotaku
>Anno
>Sup Forumsermin

Stupid fucking retard.

Not everyone is that hardcore of a fan though

Then it makes no difference for them. They'll never get into older anime. Regardless of whether if Rebulid exists or not, they won't watch the original. Worst thing that may happen is that they don't like it and say Evangelion sucks, but honestly I don't give a damn about casual newcomer's comments.

In a perfect world dragon ball could of done freaking 2-3k episodes considering all the planets/universes just get new animators every 300 episodes. Also anime like gintama could run on for 100 years+. So no?

There's stuff like the current season of Lupin that is great even if you never watch the originals

>Overratted highly depressed hack director predicts the death of an industry he himself tried to kill with his shit anime that created a generation of beta-nip apathetic NEETs.
>Kotaku

Into the trash it goes.

Name a better director not named Miyazaki. Wantanabe was great except for Space Dandy.

We were talking about Rebuild.
In any case, I'm not saying that you should watch everything that was released, but neither should you be a retard that disregards everything prior to a given decade. And it's worst when you talk about the past as if you had any clue about it being smug about it, as casuals usually do.

>except for Space Dandy
Pleb spotted. And I can't believe you didn't at least ZnT.

Lupin is great no matter which version your watch, except pink jacket for purists.

Takahata, Rintaro, Kon.
And there are many as good as him. Otomo, Oshii, Dezaki, Shinkai, Hosoda, Kawajiri, Tezuka, Ishiguro and I'm surely not only forgetting a few, but not even aware of a few others.

the sense of presence in VR is entirely different, especially with motion controllers. 3D is comparatively a gimmicky fad that is disappointing after the first few occurrences

Kon is the same thing over and over. The killer or suspect is the main character with some mental disorder. Oshii is good but how many of these guys are active or making new anime.

evangelion didn't create a generation of apathethic neets, it's about the opposite of that. what created apathetic neets were the collapse of counterculture and the creative stagnation of otaku media. it creates a world that infantilizes the viewer more than american comics and nerd TV (which is saying a lot)

Shitty memeva pretentious shit is what died, rejoice!

think they mean in quality. Blockbusters will always rake in cash

That's like predicting the death of moviemaking or music tunes.

You asked for better directors than Anno. I delivered. That's it. He's good, but he's nothing extraordinary, there are many peers at his level and a few beyond it.

I think it's less the decline of japanese animation and more the rise of other asian countries in the industry.
China is sort of entering an animation bubble thanks to online distribution with tencent and a korean studio mostly known for their outsourcing work decided to make their own ""anime"".
In addition a lot of kids cartoons being distributed around asia come from china now due to lower licensing fees and cheaper toys.

The top three directors of anime

>Humanity is not a force of infinite creativity
>We can actually run out of ideas like a processor running out of bits to store a large number
>The only way we can change our set of ideas is through brain damage and dysfunction
>Storytelling is among our most primitive creative skills and was always going to be the among first to be milked dry
>You were born just in time to watch your proud race stagnate culturally, and may live long enough to watch it stagnate intellectually
>Only so many above-average intellectuals need to be born until the upper limits of human thought have been fully explored
>Every generation from here on out will get nothing but recycled ideas until civilization collapses and we start from scratch

I hope my sister's grandkids get a kick out of the idollive 70: prism stars before they disintegrate in nuclear fire.

>bootleg gook chink trash
>anime
Kill yourself inbreed yellow monkey

What the point of thread like this? It will not make any of those anime wannabe better in comparison, mind you.

This has to be bait tyre is seriously no way tomino is on that list.

Man I love the old school anime style. Nothing these days has substance.

if you actually believe this you are an idiot

A. You're not Japanese, stop trying to be
B. Most anime is animated in Korea.

Where are Tomino's first picture and Itano's third one from?

What

If he doesn't too, because honestly, wasting time to write such a ridiculous post...

KyoAnus killed anime.

Look deep into your heart and admit it.

It's like one of my Japanese animes.

I agree