It's been over a year already and it still hurts...

It's been over a year already and it still hurts. I don't understand why Subaru would choose a generic waifu bait elf girl with no personality over this caring and faithful yet flawed Oni girl.

I hate that she'll never be happy.

You can try to revive the threads all you want. If Rem can't become happy because she can't have Subaru, she is completely deranged and a waifubait. Bye.

That doesn't make any sense. She's just a well developed character with believable motivation and it's believable how she fell in love with Subaru.

>Not a Rem or Emilia fag
She will probably be chosen by the end as Emilia is going to most likely either be discovered as some fragment of the Witch and fuse with her or, become the Queen and pressure Subaru into going for her as she would rather help everyone then be with him.

This to be honest.

I remember this one theory about the end where Subaru kills the Witch of envy personality of Satella and gets the Authority of Envy, thus freeing her from her prison but she's absolutely powerless. Emilia (as queen) starts a witch hunt against her, uniting the country to one common goal, to kill the Witch. Subaru (with his 9 authorities) goes against the country to protect the life of one powerless girl

It's never actually been suggested, but what happens when one acquires all major sin as well as minor sin authorities? Satella killed the witches of greater sin and acquired immense power but she was unable to consume the minor sins Hector of Tristitia and Pandora of Vainglory (confirmed alive after Satella sealing).

>I don't understand why Subaru would choose a generic waifu bait elf girl with no personality over this caring and faithful yet flawed Oni girl.
I'm sick and tired of all these damn animeonly's

if you loved your waifu you would read every translated chapter or story about her and you would also know that your statement is false.

HOL UP

Rem was an Oni girl? Never watched Re:Zero but enjoyed lurking the Remfag vs Emiliafag threads. Might actually finish the series now, but if Rem is an Ogre she is clearly best girl.

>but if Rem is an Ogre she is clearly best girl.
Well, yeah.

well, she doesn't turn into shrek but she does get a cute horn

>it still hurts.
>still hurts.
>hurts.
Underage memer

She is.

Subaru Greed Authority when? Sloth has already been seen

Subaru is even more of a fag now, holy shit.

Rem is made for suffering

>puts her feet on your face
wat do?

realize that I have been reincarnated in another world as a carpet

The light novels stated that his feelings for emilia are mostly artificial and put in his head by the witch.The feelings are increased every time he dies. And wane a bit the longer he stays alive.

massage them, she works hard every day

That sounds like heaven, user. I'm jealous.

I dont recall anything like that. Though the ayamatsu could be used for evidence to support this.

That's really nice of you, user

>stated
It didn't. There are a few lines that gave a lot of people that impression in the WN, but that's it.

Yeah, it's not stated. But I believed it's implied. It feels like subtext.

It was apparently a common theory back in the day, so it's at least not a homegrown delusion.

>why Subaru would choose a generic waifu bait elf girl with no personality over this caring and faithful yet flawed Oni girl
because Oni girl tried to murder him for no fucking reason. We already discussed this.

He's literally more comfortable hanging out with Rem than with Emilia.

nigga do you even understand the story

>why would kawasaki choose one generic waifubait character over another generic waifubait character?
The world may never know.

Post the real image

I did.

And there was zero reason to kill him. Not only they deiberately chose to tell him about Emilia's position, if there was any sign that he was some sort of assassin or spy they could just kick him out.
Still she decided to kill him for no fucking reason.

>He's literally more comfortable hanging out with Rem
Because he noticed that if he acts badly towards her, she will get suspicious and kill him.

Oni girls always fall for the wrong people

They're all real.
>Because he noticed that if he acts badly towards her, she will get suspicious and kill him.
He wouldn't be comfortable if that were the case.

Rate this ass

you are so stupid it hurts

But really, I suppose you mean this one.

>why Subaru would choose a generic waifu bait elf girl with no personality over this generic waifu bait oni girl.
FFTY

You said it yourself. Oni girl still has a personality. A bit rough around the edges, because everything good about her is practically the same thing as everything wrong with her. It's what I like about her character. She's not just hard working, she works hard enough that it's a problem.

In the end, it really doesn't matter how much better Rem's personality is. Emilia is sexy, exotic and stunningly beautiful. Rem is homely and plain. Appearance counts for a lot whether you like it or not.

>homely and plain
Rem is described in the story to be quite beautiful. She's apparently on par with the royal candidates.

>Rem
>Emilia
C'mon sons. True end game right here.

Not an argument.

>this cunt is suspicious
>this cunt is trying to get close to a candidate to become royalty
>this cunt reeks of Witch

Yeah, totally no reason to kill him. Resembling a group of people that torched her home and slaughtered her people totally isn't a valid reason to send her over the edge.

It's also perfectly legal to kill a witch cultist. They are a threat that is to be killed on sight.

true that

He actually does fall in love with Rem later in the story. If another season gets made it'll most likely show it in the anime too.

There's also the theory that Subaru is infatuated with Emelia because she looks like Satella.

>Subaru as greed

I thought he was supposed to be Pride?

Or the unofficial eighth sin Despair since Sloth didn't know who he was from the Gospel when he denied being Pride.

>this cunt is suspicious
literally not doing anything for weeks, and you can just tell him to fuck off

>this cunt is trying to get close to a candidate to become royalty
He didn't even know, and they were the ones that decided to tell him. If he wanted to eliminate her all he had to do, is to do nothing at all in the first place. And again, they could just tell him to fuck off.

>this cunt reeks of Witch
she only ever felt that later on. And they could just tell him to fuck off.

Perfect in every way

>just tell a potential mass murderer to fuck off
Witch cultists have killed entire cities. If you had a chance to kill them by surprise before they can get more of themselves I'd take that chance.

Has Death or Kiss been translated yet? I want to pirate it and play it.

Wait, there's a visual novel out?

What kind of advantage could they possibly get by killing him?

If he was some sort of spy, telling him to fuck off is enough to neutralize the threat.

If he was trying to get close for the kill, telling him to fuck off ALSO neutralizes the threat.

Killing him accomplishes nothing.

>literally not doing anything for weeks,
>acting overly chummy with everyone
>suddenly being uncannily talented at the random menial chores they give him
>having a far more intimate understanding of the mansion's layout than any newcomer should

>He didn't even know, and they were the ones that decided to tell him.
>spies can't feign ignorance

>If he wanted to eliminate her all he had to do, is to do nothing at all in the first place
>spy=assassin

>And they could just tell him to fuck off.
>Hey, do you think you could, like, not slaughter children? That'd be cool, thanks.

You're fucking dumb, bud. She had every reason to be suspicious, she had every right to strike him down. The irony of the situation has blinded you.

Subaru is all the sins. He acquired the Authority of Sloth (the thing that gave Pete the invisible hands ability) by killing Pete and absorbing a Witch gene. People manifest different abilities for authorities depending on how they practice the sin. Subaru's sloth ability is one invisible hand that can go intangible, its not that strong but it has its uses, It made a muscle beast like Gaaf fly so that hand packs a punch, and its implied that it could tear apart Elsa Granhiert.
Subaru's acquires a second authority from slaying the strongest of the Archbishops, Regulus Corneas (he had help from Reinhard and Emilia). The ability it gave Regulus was absolute defence and offence, outright invincibility as long as he had a wife to use as a substitute for his heart (without wives the ability stops his heart as well so he has to turn it on and off frequently). We haven't seen Subaru use this ability yet, he tried to use it but it seems authorities require a trigger to activate which was why he was unable to activate it

>killing him accomplishes nothing
One less witch cultist.

I'll agree that Subaru was acting suspicious as fuck. And she probably had legitimate cause to kill him that time he left, only to start actually spying on the mansion while holding a knife.

Before that though she only killed him because he REMINDED her of what happened to her village. That was the entire reason he died the second time.

>acting overly chummy with everyone
And that's bad because?

>suddenly being uncannily talented at the random menial chores they give him
that only ever happened at the forth death; before that she killed him for no reason. And even then it could just be experience from anywhere else.

>having a far more intimate understanding of the mansion's layout than any newcomer should
only on the third to forth death, and with good excuses

>spies can't feign ignorance
the point is that they decided to tell him instead of just telling him to fuck off

>spy=assassin
If he is not trying to take her out in any way, you shouldn't kill him.

>Hey, do you think you could, like, not slaughter children
where the hell does that even comes from? if he wanted to kill children, he would be fucking doing it instead of going to her mansion.

which they didn't know if he was. She only even felt the smell afterwards, to begin with.

Why are you people still arguing about this? Subaru himself gave no shits about Rem killing him because he knew it was his fault and found out about Rem's motives.

Think about this way. How many people in their world smells like a witch? So far only Witch cultists. Literally nobody else smells like one.

>which they didn't know if he was

Rem was right calling him one regardless. He's pretty much an archbishop now, after the was able to read Bete's stolen Gospel and use authorities.

A witch cultist who saved her employer's life AND chance to the throne, and didn't do anything bad for weeks. Even if she did smell the witch before, which i'm almost sure she didn't, he deserves at least to be told to fuck off if they thought there was any threat at all.

Telling him to go away literally fixes everything.

*Sage
He isn't an archbishop yet until he becomes fully corrupted. Which might be soon considering the archbishops he's killed are being hallucinated by Subaru as his shoulder angels.

>Telling him to go away literally fixes everything
I doesn't? What are the chances he uses Emilia as a gateway to the mansion finding nooks and crannies as well as asses their defense. Leave, then bring the cult back with him? Being a spy and telling said spy to go away will still make him a spy. There's a thing called the long-con and moles you know.

And Roswaal didn't try to ruin his own faction to revive a witch right?

>finding nooks and crannies as well as asses their defense
not if they tell him to fuck off right away by simply saying "no" to him asking to stay. Or not bringing him there in the first place.

Don't worry they told Roswaal to go away. It wasn't like he killed a village, Ram and a couple of children along the way as well as hold everyone hostage for sacrifice . He didn't do anything bad for almost 10 yeas right? Its not like he had done anything shady that nobody noticed for the past 4 arcs.

>dark as fuck
>some witch-smelling fucker is skulking around the mansion at night
Every. Right. It's been noted that the witch stench crops up fairly noticeably to those who can recognize it after a single death, prominently after his first death in Sanctuary.

It's like you forget that Subaru's behavior and attitudes shift between deaths as a result from his experiences. Anything after his original run through an event is not entirely genuine, and he is constantly having to scheme. Those characters being wary of him, most notably Rem, as she was charged with keeping an eye on him, would pick up on that kind of shit.

>good excuses
An excuse for everything is shady on its own.

>If he is not trying to take her out in any way, you shouldn't kill him.
Suspected witchcult spy

>where the hell does that even comes from? if he wanted to kill children, he would be fucking doing it instead of going to her mansion.
That was more an example. Just asking a bad guy to not be bad isn't going to make them not bad. Nobody knows Subaru, everyone is dubious of him until Emilia gives the OK.
Remember: Suspected. Witch. Cultist.

>A witch cultist who saved her employer's life AND chance to the throne, and didn't do anything bad for weeks.
Suspected of being a spy for an organization fixated on someone who looks like the candidate. Save the girl, get in the group, be a spy. This isn't rocket surgery.

That's the thing, you can't Roswaal was using Emilia as bait for Subaru to GET Subaru into the faction without Rem and Ram's knowledge and due to the fabricated debt Roswaal now owns to Subaru neither servants cannot object to it. Roswaal planned Subaru to be indebt to the mansion and made him stay. Simply saying no would probably cause Roswaal to kill everyone and burn the mansion down.

>Saying no to the person who saved the king candidate
>Saying no as the endorser of the highest council says he is in his debt
>As a servant
Do you know how silly that sounds?

People aren't as forgiving. Let alone fall in love with the people they're trying to kill or been killed by.

>lem

Probably trying to recreate his accent

That artist makes a good Rem.

>Rem going to her room before Subaru

Why did Priscilla get mad at Subaru when he licked her feet he just did what she told him to?

She doesn't like cucks. She was testing to see if Subaru was a cuck.

Pride.

Is Rem the most impactful anime character since Haruhi? I guess so.

>It's like you forget that Subaru's behavior and attitudes shift between deaths as a result from his experiences
He didn't change anything on his first to second death, and the only thing you could get from the third is some awkward questions.

>Suspected witchcult
only afterwards, and only suspicion.

>asking a bad guy to not be bad
No; it's asking a guy you know nothing about except for the fact that he saved your employer twice, to fuck off.

>Save the girl, get in the group, be a spy
or save the girl, gets kicked out, don't do anything.

The fact is, she had other reasonable ways to deal with this, and decided to kill him because she is a cunt, like 99% of the people on the show. She is not even the worst, but she IS a cunt.

If everyone was okay with him staying, perhaps wanting to kill him is more of a problem with her. Regardless of what Roswaal truly wanted, she could try to persuade the others, or see their side.

>Saying no to the person who saved the king candidate
Yes, and?

>Saying no as the endorser of the highest council says he is in his debt
It's not like you have to jump off a bridge just because he asked.

>As a servant
It's not like they would just ignore her opinion. If they are willingly taking the risk, who is she to argue?

>she could try to persuade the others, or see their side.
You can't? Ram is more or less a slave to Roswaal. Roswaal is the one who fabricated it, and Emilia is as dense as a brick and doesn't know what the Witch Cult is. Puck is also under contract by the Witch of Greed Echidna. Who is she going to convince?

Also forgot to add Beatrice is the daughter of a Witch so you can't convince ehr either. The only people who you could convince would be Gaaf and Frederica who are both either in the Miload mansion or Sanctuary.

>only afterwards, and only suspicion.
He was suspected as a spy by Roswaal, hence having her watch him.

Witchstank shows up immediately after just one death in a series.

How fucking dense are you? Are you honestly autistic and can;t understand these things?

"these people seems to be okay with it, but i still think i should kill him" sounds quite paranoid, don't you think?

The fact is, she found nothing on him and still decided to kill him for the simple fact that he was a nobody. It's lazy and reckless.

>He was suspected as a spy by Roswaal
I was talking about suspected cultist. If it's only 'Suspected spy' they could just tell him to fuck off. Well, they can just tell him to fuck off in 'suspected cultist' as well.

>Witchstank shows up immediately after just one death in a series
It's not constant, and she said she only felt it later.

>If it's only 'Suspected spy' they could just tell him to fuck off.
what world do you live in?

I hope you do know that the reason why most of the mansion is comfortable with it is because they themselves are basically also part of the Witch cult right? Is your skull that thick? Does "the head of the mansion's waifu is a witch" and "one of the residents is a daughter of a witch" mean nothing to you?

the witch cult try to kill them, they are not affiliated in any way

they are comfortable because Roswaal is one of the strongest magic users ever though, doesn't he also give the order to kill subaru in one loop?

He gave the order to Ram due to it being a lost loop or some shit.

So if Roswaal is so ready to kill Subaru then why does this guy have a problem with Rem doing it? The maids were in on it too and Roswaal probably never told Rem NOT to kill Subaru. They also did a background check and this guy appears to not even exist until about a couple days ago.

Honestly Subaru himself carries the show. If anything HE'D be the new Haruhi. Though it's not quite at that level yet.