DUDE LET'S BRUTALLY KILL ALL SCHOOL BULLIES

>DUDE LET'S BRUTALLY KILL ALL SCHOOL BULLIES

What did they mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=sFzvJMmH9x0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83upXQH30Sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow that was fucking bad.

Can't wait till this flops like every other hollywood trash adaptation.

wow ryuk seems great in this
its a shame everything else is going to be an abortion

>Light sitting on the ground in a dark room dressed like a hobo
>screams like a bitch when he sees Ryuk
>two evil men bullying a poor womyn (when the fuck has this ever happened at school?)
>Light is almost surely getting bullied too

He was supposed to be an alpha chad genius sociopath instead of the generic social outcast kid who takes revenge on bullies. Disgusting.

But if he isn't a bullied social outcast how can they make him sympathetic?

I hope it isn't totally going be Ryuk acting as a devil on his shoulder, that seems like it cheapens both characters a little.

doesnt make much sense for him to be an outcast either considering its his pride that is meant to bring him down.

Earlier trailer has Light literally saying, "We're not the good guys anymore!" to the Misa stand-in.

The appeal of Light was that he wasn't sympathetic and was a straight up egomaiac

>he wasn't sympathetic
Name one thing he did wrong.

What if I wasn't a bullied social outcast at school?

Tried to kill best character Aizawa at the end.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! THEY RUINED IT!!!!!!!

Protag is faggot, the lighting in the movie seems well done at least

He only killed people who were working against his eradication of criminals.

He killed people without trial.

Fuck you weebs, it'll be good.

That will depend entirely on whether the potato chip scene is in.

>killing criminals
>bad

>Manga Light is a well adjusted star student with great social skills and prospects
>He still succumbs to power, showing us how even having something to lose is meaningless in the face of ideals
>No hesitation in testing and then using a killling device without prompting

>Movie Light
>A fucking loser, meaning that even going down the same path as Manga Light is going to make him look like a pathetic beta trying to get petty revenge
>Goes "AAaaah" at Ryuk instead of having reasoned out that he would've come for him
>Gets pressured into his first kill, making the gesture completely meaningless

Gee wheez, this looks great! Everyone naysaying this must be, I do declare, one of them "wheat boons" I hear about

ladies and gentleman the new Dragon Ball Evolution.

>Goes "AAaaah" at Ryuk instead of having reasoned out that he would've come for him
>Gets pressured into his first kill, making the gesture completely meaningless
These go hand in hand. He can't expect Ryuk if he never uses the Death Note until he reveals himself.

then you were part of 90% of school attendants

Killed Lind L. Taylor just for taunting him.

Didn't manga Light freak out when he saw Ryuk, too?

Lind was a criminal.

I doubt he'll even be in this movie.

He freaked out for a few seconds then got composed pretty fast, which is extremely impressive since all of us would've shit our pants right there.

Yes, but he said that something like Ryuk was bound to meet him.

jesus christ what the fuck are they doing

L makes public press conferences in this movie. And only covers part of his face.

I agree, but I also can't like it.
If he gets pressured into his first kill by a giant demon he's scared as shit of, it's meaningless.

The point of the Konbini scene was to show that he was prepared for it to work. It was just a test, but Light didn't care, rather, he hoped the Death Note wasn't a ruse so he would have something to make his justice reality.
Remember that at the time his experience with the Death Note was of a single, unconfirmed kill, and yet he wrote names in cold blood thinking he wanted it to be real.

Also amusing is how, in the manga, he sees some bullies at school but he concludes that it would be retarded to use them for his test.
And then you look at this trailer.

Light hasn't used the Death Note on his own, he doesn't expect Ryuk, he gets pressured into the kill instead of jumping at the opportunity himself, and he makes his test on some assholes that will just undermine his validity as a character if he's just a beta loser killing bullies.

Yeah, but he goes back to "Just as planned" mode in about 5 seconds

This guy's voice is awful too, why couldn't they find someone as smooth as Brad Swaile

Well they're already fucking everything else up, so I guess they'd fuck that up too for good measure

>take Light
>make him white
>strip him of his qualities
>make him a weak pathetic angsty evil white guy who kills people because they bullied him

>take L
>the whitest character ever drawn
>make him black
>make him cool
>he's even more of a good guy now since Light didn't start with killing a rapist, but a bunch of teens

WOW DUDE, I didn't even see this coming. Now it's another one of those good black guy vs evil whitey things.

Am I the only one who thinks a black light could have somehow worked. Just have it set in Detroit or any shit city in america and have light slowly lose his sense of right and wrong to the point where anybody who gets arrested deserves to die

So you want him to literally kill every single person in Detroit, sound like a perfect plan to MAGA.

Well, it is Netflix after all. You know how those filthy Burgertopians are these days, getting their virginities stolen by muzzles.

Uh, racist and sexist much?

At least the Misa replacement is a cute.

A nuanced show about morality would be way too risky for a straight-to-cable kind of deal that this is.
You have to keep in mind that it's filmed for American audiences.
The typical expectation for the intellect of the American viewer is so low, that most shows get specific tweaks just for the US, that then get removed for international releases because they don't think other countries will be as dumb.

Just think of the Spiderman thing, where Spiderman accidentally kills Gwen by grabbing her at terminal velocity and snapping her spine.
American audiences were so fucking dumb that they had to digitally alter the floor to make her hit it, because the retarded burgers kept asking what killed her if they didn't see a clear-as-day depiction of hurr durr woman hit head she dead

Similarly here, you can't have an audience having to think about villain protagonists and stories where no one is one-sidedly "the bad guy"
Too much think hurt audience brain

Light didn't know that. He was punishing a guy for insulting kami-sama, not for whatever crimes he did.

It would have been more interesting than what they actually went with.

To be fair, you can't follow the laws of physics for the first time in the history of film and then act surprised when the audience doesn't understand what just happened.

This. Light didn't kill Lind because he was a criminal, he killed him because the latter baited him by insulting Kira.

>attempting to aid criminals
Anyone attempting to bring him down was objectively bad.

There is a telltale "crack" noise when her spine visibly snaps at a very unhealthy arch, and the Goblin even alludes to it beforehand.
Even if you're not used to physics working in the movie, it becomes instantly obvious what happened as soon as you get halted fall+crack+tragedy music

Vigilantism is a crime, too.

>be wrongfully charged with murder
>in prison
>Light decides to kill you because muh criminals
Well ain't that a bummer ?

fuck my life just great

>wrongfully charged
that what all blacks say

really makes me think

>the comments defending this trash and insulting people who rightfully hate that
Yep, they never touched any original source.

I can't even find a version of the scene where she doesn't hit the floor.

>go to party
>get drunk with a bitch
>have sex
>next day she decides she didn't like it and cries rape
>liberals send you to prison
>Light kills you because muh rapists
Really activates those almonds.

Inb4 that's what you get for choosing 3D

lol sound like a faggot

>implying Japanese would side with that

>chad

That's not an argument, fagtron. Killing all criminals knowing that the justice system is far from perfect and innocent people ending up in prison isn't unheard of is objectively bad.
Now stop being an edgelord, please.

Light kills so many innocent people just for being in his way it doesn't even matter. Besides, it's not about the rapist actually being guilty, it's about creating the illusion of an omniscient being that kills you if you commit a crime.

>Japan doesn't have innocents in prison
Lmaoing @ your life

>two mid-20s looking guys throw around girl's books
Does that ever happen in real life? We had some heavy bullying in our school, but it was always guy-on-guy, girl-on-girl

>reading comprehension
Burger detected, how's life in Clapistan?

Gotta say, I'm actually liking the the music (or lack thereof) and atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, the writing, direction and everything else is trash, but they did a decent job on the actual TV parts.

Oy vey goy, don't you know women are daily oppressed by misogynistic white men? I'm only surprised they aren't raping her in broad daylight.

For the Japanese you're guilty as soon as you're declared a suspect.
Even if the real culprit is found and they're aquitted, wrongfully accused people in Japanese society usually either commit suicide or become homeless, because they become social pariahs.
Even being so much as implied to be a criminal, even if you did nothing and it is proven later, is enough to have you fired, blacklisted for life, and treated no different than the actual culprit.

Light's story seems extreme to a western audience, but one mustn't forget that it's set in Japan, a land where the police force is so absolutely garbage that they just condemn the first suspect they find as guilty and declare case closed, just so they can keep their meaningless 99% police force "effectiveness" statistic.

>Name one thing he did wrong.
He wanted to be famous.
The Death Note was designed to kill silently and be impossible to be identified as murder. But the price is that the user would remain anonymous. But Light is an egomaniac and wanted people to KNOW that there was murders.

So all criminals will be white men, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=83upXQH30Sw

Considering the girl is also attractive, I'm surprised someone wrote and filmed this scene and at no point anyone went
"Guys? Anyone noticed how this is less realistic than the magical notebook and the demon?"

Can't portrait a sports ass as insane mass murder.

Culture thing.

The point was that even if muh japanese wouldn't side with the woman, there'd still be other people wrongfully accused for anything else. Do you want me to keep spoon feeding you, you fucking retard ?

Hollywood must burn

Light killed criminals that went unpunished by the Japanese justice system.

Of course, don't want to be racist right?

at least Ryuk looks cool that's about it though

You make it sound like he did it for fame, and not because he was pragmatic.
Light knows he can't be everywhere, he knows he can't know EVERY criminal, and he knows that his actions wouldn't deflect all crime on thier own.
That's why he makes it clear that a God "exists". Towards the ending, it's outright said that the climate of fear he created has diminished crime in the entire world by more than three quarters.

Something that would have never happened if he just resolved to stealthy killings.

The majority of his targets were people already in prison.

Those people would have been the same ones who'd realise that making a white autist into a cool black wannabe hijabed Martin Luther King may not be the best idea, to say the least.

That would've been more realistic though, and actually true to the source. Here they're just lightly grabbing her and making fun of her books i think?

right innocent go fuck yourself

Light obviously didn't see that as true punishment then.

>these are the people that masturbate to L fanfiction
He wanted people to know that criminals were being murdered so people stop breaking the law, you dumb fuck. The whole point of him killing criminals was to both bring justice and to drop the criminality rate. Which happened by the way, it's better for society to prevent crime than to punish criminals.
Holy fuck, you're retarded.

He also killed people that were not in prison, like the guy who killed Misa's parents.

>You make it sound like he did it for fame, and not because he was pragmatic.
I know what is his excuse. But the fact is many unsolved murders that got solved tend to be caused by the murderer intentionally wanting the fame. Light said he wanted to be known to make the world a better place. I am just saying he was lying.

Stupid fucking retarded edgelord living in your little bubble. You can stop being contrarian now, you can't disprove the fact that sometimes innocents go to prison with insults.

why didnt they call police? they are in fuckin murrica... they could sue anything

Speaking of, was the nip live action good? All I know is that it was campy as fuck.

Which people constantly forget
Which means that Light was doing his oen investigations
Which means he wasn't killing innocent people in jail, but only guilty people, both in jail and not

>I am just saying he was lying.
>I know this because I just know
Oh, boy I'm laughing. Just how dumb are you really ?

your so right OJ was innocent to we kill so many people go suck a dick

>I am just saying he was lying.

Does it even matter? His reasoning was sound, and it produced exactly the results he was using as "excuses".
What he thought was irrelevant, he wouldn't have accomplished a tenth of what he did, had he kept himself stealthy.
Even if he did decide to go the safe route and manually kill everyone, he would have barely been a drop in the ocean, and would have changed nothing until his pointless, uneventful death.

>Which means that Light was doing his oen investigations
Which means he can do better investigations than the justice system from inside his room by using his computer. Of course, it all makes sense now.

god i hate left wings fuckers

I mean in principle there's nothing wrong with making L black.
The problem is that he's not an absolute autist anymore and shows himself in public

As soon as the "prologue" ends, Light is killing literally thousands of people every single week, tens of thousands when you factor in Mikami.
Proposing that he's making his own detailed investigations on everyone he kills is preposterous.

Yeah, I'd be fine with the race change if they kept his personality and actions, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

How am I left wing, you stupid retarded fuck ? Did you already forget the part where I criticized liberals ? Check yourself for brain damage then.
You might want to check some stories people have been proven to be innocent after being arrested. Learn how to use the internet and stop being an edgy stormfag.

If I had the death note after killing criminals, I'd kill innocents and make people believe they were criminals because
>if Kira killed them they must have been bad
Then keep doing it to see how long it takes for people to figure out the truth

Mikami only used one page per day.