How the fuck is one supposed to get into this series? I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question...

How the fuck is one supposed to get into this series? I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question. Where should I start with watching? I've watched UBW, and I'm keeping up with Apocrypha, but other than that I'm totally fucking lost.

Sounds like you're already 'into' the series, user. What are you even asking?

>asks how to get into the series
>immediately says he doesn't want to get into the series the proper way via VN
Decide yourself then you massive homo

I'm retarded and I do not understand the series, nor what the spin offs are, what's canon, etc. One series and 3 episodes of another isn't really much into, it's surface level, I'm looking to go deeper than the crust.

The VN isn't even integral to modern Fate anymore. Don't even bother.

I like ANIME I don't like reading games. I suppose if the series is interesting enough, I'd probably get into it.
thank u on this
Honestly I think what I really need to know is what the fuck should I watch/not watch, what's worth time, and what should I avoid.

play Grand Order

watch Fate/Zero aka the only good entry in the franchise

Fate/Zero -> UBW -> Heaven's Feel.
Apocrypha is a stand-alone.
But even then you will still need to either play VNs (and GrandOrder) or read through Fate wikia pages (if you don't mind spoilers) if you want a deeper understand of the universe like tainted Grail and Angry Manjew or how certain things work like how Archer survived till the end of UBW

>I'm looking to go deeper than the crust.
>I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question.
I don't know what to tell you, man. If you want more than just anime adaptations then you gotta get into the VNs and shit like that.

You don't want to, it's a shit series.

Play the mobage

Alright, I think I'll go this route. Since apparently the VN's are super crucial to a lot of shit I'll probably get 'em sometime, somehow.
Never again...........

>not "start with the greeks"

gave me a good kekkle there buddy, I like it.

Too much reading for him

Everything in Fate is canon, just different timelines. Zero leads into Stay Night. Stay Night branches into various routes (like the VN) each with a different ending. Everything else is on different timelines and has no correlation with the main series.

I wouldn't say they're crucial nowadays but the anime leaves out quite a lot of details that help you understand what's going on.
I mean, if you're not interested why the Grail is tainted in F/Zero with that black ooze then you can just stick with the anime.

Why Disney's Hercules?

Watch Illya, then get ready for the best route of Shiro to get animated in film form Miyuverse interpretation of Heaven's Feel

Ight I said fuck it and I'm watching ever piece of media that has been put out, starting with fate/zero, then fate stay night, then rewatching ubw, then all the other random shit like that yuri loli shit im gonna beat the hell out of my dick to it, then im gonna play a ton of VN's and beat my dick to those to, thank you and good night.

Because Berserker is a fucking jobbing joke.

>not starting with Illya
>not ending with Carnvial
>not ignoring anything that isn't FS/N or Tsukihime
>being this much of a shitter

Add Mage the Ascension and Awakening, then Dungeons and Dragons (5th and 3.5) and it'll be perfect

>I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question
Considering the VN is the cornerstone of the series that everything else is in some way based off of or at least heavily referred to you probably should just give up and not bother trying to really get into the series. All the good parts are novels, be they visual ones or conventional.
Just casually watch UBW, F/Z, Apocrypha, and if you feel really daring the old Deen stuff and move on with your life.

The VN is the only proper part of the series. The rest is just irrelevant fanservice made to milk the VNs popularity.

This weak bait got old years ago.