I unironically enjoyed this adaptation...

I unironically enjoyed this adaptation. I enjoyed the strangeness of the rotoscoping and thought it added a little something extra to Oshimi's naturally unsettling stories.

Me too user.

Pancakeface

Same

S2 When?

Its great.S2 never.

It was better than the original because it fitted the story better.

My favourite scene is the one where after they fucked up the classroom and they're just.

Walking.

Walking with the fucking Ambience.

Its so great.

why didn't they just make it a live action instead of making it a poor rotoscope job without shadows and shading

Its good this way. anything more and it would be uncanny valley

Its the compromise between the director/studio and oshimi.Oshimi wanted a live action but the studio/producer is anime based.You can google around for his interview about the adaptation. It all deliberate action.

This is the correct opinion, OP. Weebs just have shit taste.

The adaptation was at least interesting. It suffered because of not having enough time for decent rotoscoping and that the original work is utter garbage.

I might check it out, for some reason authors give their best to make male characters pull off horror expressions and artstyle and females remain your default 2000's styled anime girl even if they're a billion years old, this stabs the atmosphere in the face.

The only entertaining part of this show was the music, I had an empty whisky bottle that made the same sound at the exact same pitch when I blew across the neck

That was my favorite scene too. One of the few times I have seen an anime use ambience so well for 8+ minutes.
The show should have been better if they did the rotoscoping right like during the classroom scene.
Anyway, I wish they animated the manga until the festival chapter where they try to immolate themselves. Rape scene would have been memorable.

You should unironically kill yourself.

Best soundtrack in recent anime history tbqh

At least it's not Berserk-tier CGI.

I'm retarded and I agree with this user.

I

This needs the second season, third season would ruin it.

I liked it. It looked different than the usual shit coming out every season.
I can understand manga fans that might have felt that the original designs were ruined though.