Are we just going to pretend this didnt happen?

Are we just going to pretend this didnt happen?

>archive.is/foG0e

that article is 1 year old. Kill yourself.

Yes, because it was most likely due to component failure or degradation after spending 50 years in space. Any intelligent alien life capable of finding & reprogramming the probe would sooner just come and find Earth than dick about with our probe.

Unless we're in a Dark Forest scenario (in the Fermi Paradox sense), and intelligent alien life is everywhere, including our own solar system, and those aliens were saying the equivalent of:

"Dude, shut the fuck up or the wolves will come find us"

Voyager 2 was 'hacked' at a distance of 9,000,000,000 miles from earth and sent back an unintelligible language. Why are we not talking about this?

Sounds cool

> subsequent analysis found a component in a binary code system was changed from 0 to 1

That's not a hack, that's component failure after getting the shit kicked out of it by cosmic radiation for 50 years.

yes because it isn't 9 billion miles away.
stop being stupid
this is probably part of bluebeam

>Particle Accellerator To Open Black Hole

These are the kind of headlines you get when people don't understand tech

>aliens
>weather control
>nostradomus
>nibiru

I can never keep straight which bong newspapers are legit and which are Weekly World News tier.

Maybe they can come to earth but don't want to?

>According to NASA’s planetary scientist Kevin Baines, “Checking the systems with another data link that they have, they (Voyager 2 team) can tell nothing else is wrong on the spacecraft. It’s just one system”

I suppose its possible that something just happened to malfunction, but the fact that it happened as soon as Voyager hits interstellar space makes this extra spoopy.

Well it's from express, so yes, we're going to act like it didn't happen, because it didn't

oof thats a creepy thought
i bet there are some good bed time stories out there, any recommendations?
still voyager is one of our less noisy systems

Express is WWN.
Guardian is Pravda.

Because it's express, of course it didn't happen.

What if this was just alien shitposting?

How does / turn into ?

Seems like it would have to be sensationalist bullshit to begin with. Wouldn't it be more along the lines of "Voyager 2 returns corrupt nonsense"? Why would anyone presume that's a fucking message in a language unknown to us?

I hate these SciFi fags.

Look at the rest of the news on the feed, I'd take this site with a grain of salt

>hacked
fuckin russian aliens

The sad thing here is that Voyager is broken, that's the real headline. Or maybe the wolves are out there and this is for the best.

nothing is beyond their reach

All the ones with red logos are redtops aka tabloid bullshit spreaders of the worst kind
This includes the dailymail, the only newspaper in the whole country that is read mainly by women
Celebrity gossip goes a long way on this website

The dailymail is just Sup Forumsbait incarnate, it's the most linked website on this board apart from archives