The great debate

The great debate.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13505493
youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jojo stone ocean forward is a bit too FABULOUS for my tastes...

O

strawpoll.me/13505493

As creative as it is with the conflicts, Jojo is fucking stupid.
Bad character writing, asspulls everywhere. Yeah yeah, O MY RUBBER NEN, but with Jojo it happens like 5 times every arc at minimum.
Jojo is fun and nothing else.

jojo and its not even close

jojo has longevity, consistency, better art, and has been much more influential on other works.

hunter x hunter sells okay when togashi comes off his yearly back spasm. thats about it

Hunter x Hunter, in thirty years, will be looked back at as being better, but Togashi is a lazy cunt and doesn't deserve the credit. Togashi also takes ideas directly from JoJo. It's possible that Togashi and Araki are merely friends and share ideas. This is definitely true of Togashi and Kishimoto, which lead to many assuming Naruto was biting off Hunter x Hunter, but Togashi's friendship with Kishimoto was evident from his side. I believe Araki is also a friend/mentor of Kubo, but I'm unaware of his relationship to Togashi outside the fact that each primary antagonist in Hunter x Hunter is basically one of the primary antagonists of JoJo. Pucci and Chrollo were created at the same time, so the idea that they're actually just friends who share ideas is compelling.

Araki doesn't take a break every 5 minutes like Togashi does

They're not really comparable

Isn't Araki a vampire

Probably, but at least he keeps a consistent schedule unlike Togashi and Miura

Aside from the fights JoJo is shit, HxH all the way.

How did Dire store Hamon in the rose and spit it out?

Jojo is better in every way even though I love hxh as well. At least Jojo doesn't ever look like scribble drawings and always looks good and doesn't go on 1+ year hiatus every 10 chapters as well.

I'm a huge fan of both but I'd give it Jojo. It's past was rocky however it's been on the up and up since it's move to monthly and Araki writing has been shining since late part 6. Jojo will have a definite end on day and it's influence on story and the real world is not to be ignored. HxH on the other hand will one day go down in history as unfinished greatness.

Why not rank the arcs and JoJo parts.
Chimera ant=steel ball run>Yorknew> Diamond is in breakable> Election arc> Greed island>Hunter Exam> stone ocean> Golden wind>Tower> Battle tendency>Zoldyck>stardust crusaders> Phantom blood

Dark Continent will rank above them all when it's finished in 25 years.

>Election Arc that high

Jojo is nothing but normie bait with absolutely terrible writing.

>normie
Found the normalfag

What's wrong with it, besides Oh my Wish sister

so is HxH

>ant above york
>stardust crusaders that low
Come on man
If you're gonna troll at least be a touch more subtle.
If you're gonna troll

I'm not trying to troll, looking back I proabablly should of put part 3 above the zoldyck arc. I do think the newer parts outdid part 3 in almost every aspect, part 5 was the only part with a better group

Kite comes back to life
But even if the above didn't happen wish sister is bad enough on its own.

Stopping reading HxH as soon as I read JoJo's part 2.

Jojolion > Yorkshin > Chimera Ant = Steel Ball Run > Stone Ocean > Greed Island > Election > Vento Aureo > Battle Tendency > Hunter Exam > Heavens Arena > Phantom Blood > Diamond is Unbreakable > Stardust Crusaders > Zoldyck Family

Clearly JoJo, both have their strengths but JoJo is basically 8 different manga and that's too much to compete.
When, and if, HxH finishes, maybe they'll stand side by side as the greatest of it's kind.

HxH is Narutard tier.
Jojo is just having fun.

I don't know how much of JoJo is based around England and it's slang but I really enjoyed that aspect of it however I've only watched a little of it but finished HxH, If JoJo kept that up I could certainly see myself loving it even more.

>liking phantom blood

>disliking Phantom Blood

Phantom Blood is amazing though. The dynamic between Jonathan and Dio is great and really fun.

MY DEAD HORSE

hunter x hunter anime-wise (yes, i'm talking 2011, you can shut up now), but jojo manga-wise.

How can anyone have such a shit taste?

let me rephrase that, the feel of part 1 is leagues better than part 3 and arguably part 5 for me but it's pretty low on my list considering what came after
this is one of the few things I enjoyed about phantom blood but it wasnt enough for me to like it

HxH has a better story, supporting characters and character development.
JoJo has better fights, humor and the method of story telling from different JoJos is brilliant.
Gon and Killiua are shit protagonists but pretty much every other character is a masterpiece (Leorio, Ging, Hisoka, Chrollo, Meruem, Knuckle...)
Every JoJo gives us something unique and the villains are well done. Joseph and Ceaser was a match made in heaven and the three pillar men were very well written.

Though I prefer HxH overall, JoJo is better in most aspects but is more silly where HxH is more serious.

>Hunter x Hunter, in thirty years, will be looked back at as being better
>implying it will ever end, let alone have a satisfying conclusion
HxH isn't even the best in its own magazine, how the hell is it supposed to compete with fucking JoJo?

youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A

You went full retard by the third sentence.

SBR helps Jojo edge out HxH personally though their both far and away the best things to come out of Jump.

Go back to wherever you came from with your non-Sup Forums images, cancer.

fuck ok just put the katana down you could hurt someone fedora-lord

>Jojo is fun and nothing else.
Ain't that what matters most?

I also think the few legitimate asspulls in HxH were a bigger issue since they hurt my abilitiy to take the story seriously, which isn't quite the point for Jojo.

As a fan of both i'd give it to Jojo. Theres few shonen series that have great characters, fun plots, creative powers, and art with impressive designs that mostly improve with every arc.
I feel Togashi only succeeds with two of those things when it comes to HxH.

>love Jojo
>the actual threads are dog shit and it has one of the worst fanbases on the board
Why keep a general thread up if there's no discussion and only shitposting? I hope "he" isn't there anymore shitting up the threads.

jojo

I like both, but, HxH is like a discount JoJo

Every Jojo villain except for Diavolo is good. Every H X H villain except for Hisoka and maybe Prince Bateman are bad so JoJo wins.

>Clownfag has dogshit taste
Erry time.

>stone ocean forward
>vento aureo
??????

only thing better than part 1 is part 7

>Araki wrote a book on creating stories and manga that is full of sound advice
>read JoJo and it's like he never even follows his own advice

idk user JOJO is a normal fag meme and HXH a fujo bait with terrible fandom who always claim HXH as the bet manga.
Ah and both fandom are gay as fuck

source?
name of book?
fanslation of said book?

Manga in Theory and Practice

joejoeies bizarre adventura is one of my favorite animes and i have watched over 50 animes

dumb frogposter

What debate?
Naruto is better and more sucessful than the both together x10

It's present day and people are still dumb enough to think Yorkshin is better than Chimera Ants and Battle Tendency is better than any Jojo starting from part 4.

Why does one have to be better than the other? I love them both.

This thread is filled with so much Sup Forums cancer.

Gash > Jojo > HxH

MY GOD

Depends on which parts of jojo. Part 7 is better than anything in HxH but other parts are barely on par and at least half are worse than HxH

Jojo since there's more of it and it doesn't make me wait a year for a handful of expository chapters.

Jojo has way too many asspulls, and it's super repetitive imo. HxH wins

you're kidding? every part is completly different, even changes the genre in which it focuses

it's the same MotW stand battles in a different setting

The one that isn't Jojo

It's better to compare to JoJo other fun battle series that is actually released consistently, not hiatus x hiatus.

If you're asking which weekly jump series are the best, I vote for city hunter and hokuto no ken.

MY [RUBBER SOUL]

Hunter x Hunter is more consistent in story than Jojo, granted that Jojo has 8 different parts.
However, Jojo has more memorable characters, fights and abilities than HxH. I don't think any fight in HxH can top part 6 final fight.

>Jojo has more memorable abilities

I've never got much into Jojo; the only thing in which it is superior to HxH is comedy.

Baki.

sucks

less than series in OP.