Is the American Dream bullshit?

>My grandpa came to this country not knowing English and only $20 in his pocket and became a millionaire

I hear these "American dream" stories all the time and they have to be bullshit because they all avoid this one specific question: HOW? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU COME HERE NOT KNOWING ANYONE, NOT KNOWING ENGLISH, WITH TWENTY BUCKS AND BECOME A MILLIONAIRE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xkCscoOquk8?t=32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The concept of the American dream has always been propaganda. We live in a Post-American America. We are effectively the equivalent of a dead mall.

It's simple, foreigners think outside the box, they haven't been brainwashed by the college jew, the banking jew and the credit jew. So it's easier for them to come up with different and effective ideas

a) be smart
b) work hard
c) don't give up

bullshit. if you have the above qualities, you will do well

Yeah, where in the fuck do these people sleep? In the park? How do they find a job that allows them to save enough to afford an education? These stories leave out answers to the most basic questions.

>Be my grandpa
>Come from Poland
>Know Polish and German but not English
>Get entry level job in machine parts factory
>Learn the basics of machining on the job
>Save up enough to buy a small building and some milling machines
>Hire some other immigrants, mostly polacks
>Make enough to start a second business
>Second business flops due to some bad investments but the first holds up
>Pass it on to daughter's husband (he had no sons)

He didn't literally become a millionaire, but my dad still owns the company and makes pretty good money.

Plenty of immigrants did it and do it. There was a guy in the local paper years back from India who came here with $500, found a job, invented something to do with oil, won patent of the year from some competition, got investors, started a company and became a millionaire.

>The you have to be smart and work hard to get anywhere in life
Literally kill yourself boomer. Luck and charisma play far greater roles in success then having smarts or working hard.

You're going to be poor forever, luck has nothing to do with it. Working smart and working hard is the only way to do it consistently. Working hard but stupid will get you no where, just like your parents went no where I'm assuming.

american dream is not becoming a millionaire, but family, house with picket fence, nice car and decent retirement.

It was possible for everyone not retarded or criminal in 1945-1980.

Walt Kowalski is a monument to this dream, watching it parishes.

>Hur I got to where I was today purely because of my own efforts and not a string of coincidences that worked in my favor!
Love the fucking disillusion people have sometimes.
>Working hard but being stupid gets you nowehere
Tell that to literally any of the children of the Roosevelts, Vanderbilts, Morgans, Rothschilds., etc., or fucking P.T Barnum.
Also I'm not giving you any (you)'s until you clean up all the shit stains you've left on the furniture while complaining about younger people.

>Save up enough to buy a small building and some milling machines
>On a factory worker paycheck (18/hour)
>With no family assistance
That would take your entire working life these days.

Are you unemployed user?

I work in Silicon Valley and there are chinks, gooks, and shit skin poo in loo'ers as far as the eye can see. Many are literal first generation immigrants. They all REALLY hate niggers and cunts.

you could've done that 50 years ago. Not today. also given how much inflation there is today, that 20 bucks must be like $4000 or some shit. You could work lie 50 hours per week and become successful

It's extreme risk taking that takes you to the top IMO. Like the people who invested all their money in bitcoin. The moral I learned was take extreme financial risks.

Luck first, hard work second

Neck yourself retard those are the prerequisites. My parents are of certainly no greater intelligence than average and they climbed the socioeconomic ladder from higher lower class to higher middle class in a single generation. They work damn hard and I'm going to do the same in jumping a class. If you don't end up killing yourself, at least don't vote Democrat and ruin it for those competent enough to create their own luck.

Only way to make big bucks these days is to have a white collar professional job or to start a business.

>Luck and charisma play far greater roles in success then having smarts or working hard.
How many lazy, retarded millionaires do you ever see, OP? Virtually none. The only lazy retards who are ever millionaires are
a) dumb whores whose parents are millionaires (they themselves would never be able to keep their millionaire status if they were left alone with the money)
b) desperate gamblers (including lottery ticket winners) who blow off their money anyway because they don't understand the amount of work it takes to become millionaires

Fucking idiot. No random piss-poor spic becomes a millionaire out of luck, no matter how much charisma he has.

youtu.be/xkCscoOquk8?t=32s

Similar thing happened with my grandpa
>be my grandpa
>run away from Eastern Europe at 16 and come to Canada
>can't speak any English
>work hard every day
>eventually start a construction company

He still owns it, and he's making good money.