fred.stlouisfed.org/series/IBLACBW027NBOG
youtube.com/watch?v=97QkO7nAn68
archive.is/5LBft
investopedia.com/terms/i/interbankmarket.asp
investopedia.com/ask/answers/052715/how-big-derivatives-market.asp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wat

no its not, it never happens.

its just a slow and endless drift into shit and one day you'll wake up and think: shit, when did it get this bad

oh good, the banks have enough money that they don't need to take loans

>and one day you'll wake up and think: shit, when did it get this bad
I think we all think that every day

bump for possible habbenin

youtube.com/watch?v=axfWU_9ZYTM

Giev rundown for brainlet pls

yeah - the whole world is imploding...dumbass
>fred.stlouisfed.org/series/IBLACBW027NBOG

>oh good, the banks have enough money that they don't need to take loans

don't worry, if they run out they can always print more

seriously what the fuck is wrong with Japan? brave warrior culture refused to accept opium for 300 years and it only takes 50 years of London banking to bring them to their knees and wipe them out?

This

youtube.com/watch?v=97QkO7nAn68

Gummi Bears!!
Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
High adventure that's beyond compare.
They are the Gummi Bears.
Magic and mystery,
Are part of their history,
Along with the secret,
Of gummiberry juice.
Their legend is growing,
They take pride in knowing,
They'll fight for what's right,
In whatever they do.
Gummi Bears!!
Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
High adventure that's beyond compare.
They are the Gummi Bears.
They are the Gummi Bears!!

>brave warrior culture
the vast majority of the nation has always been rice farmers

BUMP for Death to America of course

nice try

im a yummy tummy funny like a gummi bear.
oh yeah
Gummi, Gummi, gummi, Gummi, Gummi, bear.
*pop
Oh I am a gummi bear, yes im a gummi bear.
im a yummy tummy funny like a gummi bear.

Moore detected

Its the interbanking loan statistic. If the banks dont lend money to themselves, that means there is no trust anymore. Could implode the banking system.
Same happened 2008. But i don't remember if it was before or after lehman.

Yeah but they were brave rice farmers.

Banks have extra capital due to the tax cuts and don't need loans.

Are you kidding? Japanese history is one of constant avarice from the lowly peasants, to monks, and high nobles.

So banking Jews cannot Jew themselves money to due interest?

Just pull ALL of the fucking funding already, would you?

This.

Intra bank lending collapse was huge thing during last recession/banking crisis.

TY

Meh, there's been a collapsing drop in the chart since 2008 for Interbank loans. Looks like just the effect of that credit garbage from before.

Commercial and Industrial loans look fine.

tripfags are so special they can antianon

lehman collapsed sept 15 2008 and interbank loans collapsed over a week later than that. in fact they had shown to have spiked to their highest level on sept 17 of that year.

The bank lending will be back up in a few months after the extra capital is consumed in stock buybacks/bonus.

archive.is/5LBft

Bamp
Intradasting

"I have no idea what's going on"
thanks for the bump, tho

>tripfags are so special they can antianon

My name is Jake.

My middle name is Edward.

I'm in multiple limited hangouts.

I'm not that fat to be a Moore

As you may or may not be aware, following the 2008 collapse of lehman brothers and the failure of various securities based around a housing bubble which hit certain banks very hard, the federal reserve and central banks around the world had to falsely prop up the economy with essentially free tax payer backed loans at zero interest (yes in 2008 the banks recognized the system they had build was so fraudulent and arbitrary that they weren't willing to bet a dime on anything unless it wasn't theirs to loose). These low interest rates have provided enough economic stimulus that the economy has recovered on paper at least and business' made tons of risk free investments. Unfortunately capitalism by its very nature demands higher interest rates than what the current "market" offers and so they are creeping back up;

TL;DR risk is re-entering the market in the form of interest on debt. there is a lot of debt and the issues of 2008 are reemerging.

Involuntary test subjects for samurai swords is not a good definition of brave.

Stock market up 280. Kill yourself

plenty of afternoon left faggot.

my money is on your country being broke by the end of the month

Google securities backed mortgages, ACT 2 starts NOW

please tell me you actually meant mortgage backed securities....

will banks actually give you mortgages backed by securitites? seems like a guaranteed way to end up under water

Muh loonies

ah yes user, sadly I am a leaf, but thanks to your country and its globalization I really have no problem keeping my liquid assets both liquid and safe! (fuck the loonie, its about to become a third world shit-tier currency)

land here will be comfy for a while though, even if it does cost a bazillion loonies

>Stock market up 280. Kill yourself

Heres come recession.

I'm going to call it "trump's black (insert day it explodes here)".

Does this mean I should hoard my shekels and wait til next year to buy a home?

really depends on how bad things end up being.
if it goes down like 2008 then yes, most certainly when the dust settles buy the dip.
if its any worse (than '08) the entire contents of your bank account is in jeopardy.
the choice is yours; basically how scared are you. Property is definitely in a bubble, but if you want the comfort and security that comes with having land with established resources and shelter its better to act sooner than later.

Interbank loan volume is a rough measure of how much debt banks are willing to take on. Them collectively refusing more loans/debt means a crash is coming.

The banking system is so fucked up at this point there's basically no way to salvage it without crashing the whole thing and starting over.

95% chance interbank loans got a change in defenition

my guess is loans between fed and bank are no longer classified as interbank

>Interbank loan volume is a rough measure of how much debt banks are willing to take on
except its not
investopedia.com/terms/i/interbankmarket.asp

not even close lmfao

interbank loans are mostly trades to fulfil the fed reserve requirements, and are mostly very short term like overnight.

which u would know if you could use wikipedia

yes. less demand. less volume. less liquidity. price down

>trades to fulfil the fed reserve requirements
necessary because they are marking loans

if they're not making these trades, they're not making loans and we're all about to be fucked.

well anyway both of ym points still stand.
also the fact that it started happening in 2018, I will speculate its either
1. change in terminology
2. change in tax/w/e polcy making interbank loans less profitable, or simply keeping the money on hand is more convenient due to some change in rules

the fact that it happened in begging of 2018 and not any other week is a major clue IMO

>if they're not making these trades, they're not making loans and we're all about to be fucked.
Not really. most interbank loans are out of there to squeeze out small profit margin on the money they borrow at lower interest rate from other banks. By definition some bank has to have excess money in order to have interbank market.

>change in tax/w/e polcy making interbank loans less profitable
I know that the administering authority over LIBOR changed this year (due to the scandals last year). I can see this bringing rates in line to market averages (aka lower) but it doesn't necessarily explain a huge drop in the volume of these loans.

the problem is banks seem to have this excess money yet no incentive to lend it out... why are they so scared of making that small margin user?

>why are they so scared of making that small margin user
I dont think they are scared, I think nobody wants them anymore. as seen here interbank loans are smaller and smaller as years go by.
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/IBLACBW027NBOG

and this only represents a small fraction of total bank loans, and 0 of loans made to the public, businesses, or fudning any investment. its just loans to satisfy the reserve requirement, to make sure they are liquid enough to prevent any fear of bank runs.
>I can see this bringing rates in line to market averages (aka lower) but it doesn't necessarily explain a huge drop in the volume of these loans.

yeah IDK either user, we'll have to wait till somebody from the fed/with connections will explain it. Tbh this data would probably be very interesting to ecnomists/business people.

>fred.stlouisfed.org/series/IBLACBW027NBOG

looking further at this graph from the end of the recession in 2009 this is the 5th such fall in 60k+- of interbank lending, so very likely its literally nothing

Wasn't the issue with 2008 about the fact that securities were backed by mortgages? Is there a similar parallel to the market now?

Is this orchestrated to bring us back to a similar climate as the early 20's?
Is there something that was left unfinished?

its that mortgages had been packaged and sold as securities (read investments). These products were not only sold as better than they actually were they were also the foundation of countless derivative products which billions of dollars of invested money was essentially bet on.

the problems are the same today, the derivatives market is wayyyy to fucking big; there are derivatives for everything with leveraged pay offs just so some numbers nerds can hedge their bets on paper. if the shit catches up to them it all falls apart.

If anyone wants a kek just do some research on what the derivatives market is and how large it is

one must first understand mathematically what a derivative is and just how contrived it is in a financial sense. when you truly understand that it really does become one really big, really sick joke when you account for the real world implications

If America goes bankrupt you realize Canada would be the next Poland right

theres loads of '''real''' use of derivatives market, for example all miners/farmers/oilers in developed world use it to secure their profits from market fluctuations.
but yeah nowadays its degenerated into sports betting style shitfest.

investopedia.com/ask/answers/052715/how-big-derivatives-market.asp

investopedia sav es the day once again with a useful article

SOON

not that useful, just notes the difference between current market value and the notional value of the derivative. Doesn't even clearly illustrate that mkt value is like the sum of current payments into the insurance policy whereas notional value is the policy payout. its the payout we're scared of. The entry is good in that it states either way the market is too big.

Probably the best possible timeline for them at this point.

EVERYONE TO THEIR BUNKERS!!!

I didn't expect a habbening until FED and ECB had their federal funds rate at 2.5-3%
A collapse at 1.25% is ridiculous.

The truth is interest rates will never go to market rates. Most countries t-bills will be rated as junk at market levels. When that happens government services and gibs collapse. Then they'll try a bail in which will bring out the pitchforks/guns.

This. I'm not a jew, I have nothing to be afraid of. I embrace it.

BTFO with your meme chart you shill . THere is no happening.

>A collapse at 1.25% is ridiculous
a collapse at these levels just show how propped up the economy was following 2008. theres nothing they can do to save it, there never was any real economy after '08

Thanks Obama

They're opening the FED window to more banks. That's why interbank is down.

In brainlet speak please?

>no trust

For 2008 it meant there was no liquidity. Banks had their balance sheets wiped out, they didn't have money to lend. I don't know what is going on right now.

Did they announce that recently? I didn't notice.

The interbank loan is how banks cover reserve requirements. Basically, banks need a fraction of cash reserves in order to cover the deposits with their bank. Generally speaking, most deposits are fictitious liabilities of the bank. They don't actually exist as cash, they're just money the bank owes you. This isn't usually a problem because people don't run on banks, but in case they do the central bank requires a certain amount of reserves.

However, even if people aren't running on the banks the reserve requirement means if a bank does a transfer to another bank because two account holders made a transaction, the bank that just get a net increase of deposit liabilities also needs an increase in reserves in order to not break the law. Banks facilitate this process by loaning each other their excess reserves, money above the amount required for them to hold. The Fed has a "discount window", which allows certain banks to always take money from the Fed to meet their requirements. This is the ceiling on the interest rate. If the interbank system gets too hot because of a lack of reserves, money is scarce and interest rises. But if interest rises above the Fed's rate, then banks are incentivized to go to the Fed. Hence, the interest rate is capped.

checked

Very nice explanation.
To all anons, I suggest reading "I.O.U." It's a book about the last large financial collapse and explains many different facets of it. Just got it from the library.