Democracy is terrible

This is the state of democracy. Utter idiots rule us by giving legimtacy to the govement via their votes.

Women especially..

JFC I could have found North Korea when I was five

Other urls found in this thread:

newmediatravel.com/americans-lack-geographic-literacy-cant-find-new-york-on-a-map/
journalofdemocracy.org/sites/default/files/Foa&Mounk-27-3.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The jist of the polling was that people that can find North Korea (ie not idiots) were more likely to want to negotiate with North Korea rather than just blow it up

It literally doesn't matter where North Korea is. We can fly there in a couple hours if we need to. Why would any normie know where it was?

> amerigoblins are uncultured swines that should immediatly be put to death
yes i already know

its bad but it's the best we got right now til the Trumpenreich rises up and reforms the world

Boomers confirmed for morons

>fag college teacher makes us do one of these for vietnam
>put the dot on houston

“City people voted for Hillary”

Kek

What is the point of memorizing a map? Thats why we have maps. If for some reason I had to navigate myself to North Korea, I would just use a map.

I'm always fascinated when this sentiment comes from an American. Do you have any idea what you would like for a government if not a constitutional republic?

>t. brainlet

>People clicking on Northern Territory in Australian
Not a bad guess, tbf

>dots on the sea

Maybe they just didnt care

It doesn’t take any effort if you aren’t literally retarded

Military dictatorship.

The state of American education
>The poll involved several hundred “young adults” and a half-hour, in-home interview covering a range of cultural and geographic topics.
> • Half or fewer than half of the men and women could not find Ohio or New York on a map of the United States (50 and 43% respectively)
> • In spite of an Iraq war that began in 2003 and nearly constant news coverage, six in ten (63%) of those tested could not find Iraq on a map of the Middle East
> • Three-quarters (74%) believe English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. It’s Mandarin
SAuce
>newmediatravel.com/americans-lack-geographic-literacy-cant-find-new-york-on-a-map/

sounds like "Black Americans" was left out of the report

We've become less and less of a constitutional republic. We need a return to the original vision by creating restrictions on who can vote. It's only been recent in our history where literally anyone can vote if they're old enough.

Yes that's the almost universal opinion of (newly?) right-wing Americans, especially fans of Trump, but I'm particularly interested in what the OP thinks about this progression. Clearly the constitutional republic did not last, but what happened? Subversion, or democracy itself? If he wants to return to the old ways then I believe I'm already pretty familiar with his views. Particularly particularly I'd like to hear his thoughts if he doesn't think the American experiment can be made successful with some minor tinkering to the constitution.

>45 to 54 year old Democrat women are the most retarded
Go figure

>45-54
What happened here?

This, but unironically. I've said this to people IRL, too.

On that last one, I’d say they’re right. English is the most commonly spoken language outside of China, i.e., the rest of the world. And it is the most widely spoken language followed by Spanish.

>
> • Half or fewer than half of the men and women could not find Ohio or New York on a map of the United States (50 and 43% respectively)
> • In spite of an Iraq war that began in 2003 and nearly constant news coverage, six in ten (63%) of those tested could not find Iraq on a map of the Middle East
Yeah, we really suck at geography. Our public education puts almost zero emphasis on it.

> • Three-quarters (74%) believe English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. It’s Mandarin
Kinda a trick question. If you are talking about number of people, then sure, China has bred like rabbits. If you are talking about widespread international use, then English is generally the language used between countries and cultures to communicate and deal business.

What about people clicking on Sri Lanka? THERE'S NOTHING SOUTH OF IT

This. I'd do this just for the lulz.

The institutions are corrupt and ruined.. if they could be purged and rebuilt based on science, reason and truth than perhaps restricting the franchise to educated white males would work

Honestly though we need a military dictatorship to purge all cultural Marxist indoctrination of the last 100 years and then start over

No one I know agrees with restricting the franchise. I'll even take it to extremes, and ask if quadriplegic, retarded people with down syndrome should be able to vote, and they'll tell me yes. I've asked multiple people.
Because "if there's any metric for restricting the right to vote, then they might take away mine!".

It would bring clearly defined hierarchy and efficiency to the nation.

Btw I showed my wife this map and she couldn’t identify where North Korea was either

Her response was that they didn’t teach it in school (she had a degree from a prestigious university)

My response would be that she like most people do not have any intellectual curiosity.

Like nigger why aren’t you curious where it is? Like isn’t that just a basic thing?

It’s clearky a personality trait to have a lack of curiosity about politics or the real world or state of things.

These people should have no say in society because they clearly would just repeat whatever they are told cause they ultimately don’t care enough to look themselves

You'd be saying that until your relatives (((disappeared))) for wrongthink.

Go live in north korea, post from there. Oh wait...

>Clearly the constitutional republic did not last, but what happened?

It's difficult to explain because it happened slowly over a period of time. Originally only white land owners could vote. Eventually that gave way to white men voting. Then when the civil war happened there was the issue over states rights and slavery. So when the slaves were freed black men were soon given the right to vote. Then later women obtained that right. It's all been downhill since.

It would ensure that more people joined the military, and as such would ensure that more people were forced to adopt an extremely healthy lifestyle that instills discipline and longevity (working out, waking up early, cleaning and organizing your space, et cetera). Imagine that faggot, Jordan Peterson's, "clean your room" thing, but multiplied by 50 million.
SERVICE. GUARANTEES. CITIZENSHIP.

These people clearly should not have a say

The American military vows to serve the people. I don't think our particular brand of dictatorship would involve mass purges, other than that of Communists, who deserve it anyway.
Plus, everyone in my family respects the military, anyhow, with most males having served in it.

Normies still like democracy, but among people who are actually political it is becoming increasingly more unpopular. Regardless of left/right.

journalofdemocracy.org/sites/default/files/Foa&Mounk-27-3.pdf

Yes if they were commie jew fucks who were against the natural western order.

Subversive treasonous behavior against king and country has always been a thing. Only recently have we allowed Jewish kike subeversion cause of Loki.

The US used to restrict the franchise why isn’t that given as an example rather than North Korea?

By the way I am not Korean so that would not make sense

>Democracy is terrible
Agreed, our Founding Fathers felt the same way, mob rule doesn't work. Which is why they founded a CONSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC.

wrongthink meaning leftism, I'm ok with that

this

>in the news constantly, often with pic of country
>is North korea. Meaning there is a South Korea
>we learned the countries back in 7th grade

Did you know that the origin of the word Idiot comes from Greek Idiotes, meaning someone who is not interested in politics, or the public sphere? Latin, "Idiota" meant just "Ordinary person". Our ancestors, even the vaunted Greeks who "Invented Democracy" knew that power should not be in the hands of the masses.

>implying I wouldn't happily disappear them

Subversives are to be rooted out with zeal.

cunts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>what's the point of having knowledge? I can google it

Degenerate dysgenic filth.

Probably a good idea to be aware of your world and the countries that occupy it.
If anything to add to your general knowledge.

>FF were great
Let’s return to the bill of rights and constitution scrap all else please

>Degenerate dysgenic filth
Burger, for short.

Voting rights should be tied to responsibilities, i.e. military service; civic service; and net tax payers.

This way, people dependent on the State won't be able to influence politicians. If that stay at home mom wants to vote, then she needs to do some lenghty set hours of civic volunteer work. This can be helping out the homeless and needy in soup kitchens or any other various on-going task.

All of the above are incorrect.

FIRST Language is Mandarin.

There's 250,000,000 euros, 400,000,000 in NA, another 300,000,000 in Asia, another few hundred million in Africa, plus Latin America, who speak English.

I learned that from Ryan Faulk (alt-hyp) and yes it has to be genetic

How the fuck can you not know where NK is?

>Hurr durr average Joe, who works 24 hours a day at factory to feed his family, doesn't care about North Korea, it's a proof that everyone is dumb
Seems like OP watched too much Rick and Morty

The point is the average Joe shouldn't have a say in the future of the country as a whole, considering his general lack of knowledge.

You know, I want to say it's embarrassing that even higher educated mongrels can't reliably find it, but chances are, my countrymen wouldn't do much better, especially the younger ones that graduated around my time.
It seems that people in general are retreating into their shitty little social/interests/((professional)) bubbles and have no idea what is happening outside of it.
In an age where you could be in the middle of nowhere and still be a few taps on your phone away from answer to any fucking answer you could think of, no one cares about it anymore.
Humanity is in decline, and it might be not even an ideological problem at this point. Maybe we just hit our ceiling as an advanced apes with overcomplicated nervous system. Maybe it was all for nothing.

It proves they
A.. don’t give a fuck

B.. are incapable of tying locations to a map or globe

Either reason is good enough for that person to have no say in society

see thats the thing brainlet, i never had to memorize the map, saw it once, remembered

Well he was certainly right (unabomber) non the less If you don’t care about basic things enough to know them you shouldn’t have any say in the future and present of society

Power players like the avg person being able to vote cause they are easy to manipulate because they are empty vessels with no thoughts of their own

This is implying the same people can't find South Korea on a map.

Think of all the things that mesh together to make one know where Korea is

Korean War
Mongol invasion of Japan
Where Japan is compared to Korea
Where American military is stationed
The relation of China with Korea
Yellow Sea and where that is compared to China
Where does KPOP come from
That silly video ghangum style comes from where?

I mean nigger you have to be an idiot to not know where it is. Like you’re an idiot that doesn’t care so just accept that you shouldn’t have a say.

Right on American fascists.
I understand that that might be the experience for many people, but I simply took my description of "American restorationism" or something similar as the most extreme I could think of. If you want to go back to the constitution, as the founding fathers intended it, then restricted franchise is part of it. Obviously this is not at all in the minds of Republicans until perhaps Trump came along, but it's a reasonable description of many "red-pilled" Americans right now. Either the constitution was basically correct or can be made so with minor corrections (based on something we learned so far). But yeah the softer version of Republicanism is basically a conservative that wants to go back two or three generations or so, minus the civil rights and suffrage movements of course.
This is a historical account of the way things happened, but for government engineers like constitutional republicans it is important to know what caused this failure. That's why I asked: encroachment of democracy or subversion? There need to be purges and/or amendments to the constitution for it not to fail the second time around, presumably informed by the knowledge of the history you describe. Why would it work this time? What are the changes? How did the encroachment or subversion work, if it's to be prevented this time? The founding fathers themselves had some rather damning thoughts about the risk people were taking, and the results of the Republic if they failed to uphold their "duty" to the constitution.

Fair enough. That sounds like something you would want in a constitution? I'm curious about a theory of why the original ideas were progressively abandoned, and how that can be prevented. Why wouldn't those responsibilities eventually be abandoned? And how do you make clear a description of those "civic responsibilities" to last as law? I'm sure many a progressive community activist believes it's a civic duty.

>CITY PEOPLE ALL VOTED FOR HILLARY
Why the fuck shouldn't he? Average Joe builds infrastructure and runs the economy, average Joe serves in the military amd defends his nation, average Joe uphelds traditions and social norms, average Joe makes family and keeps up the demographics. You wouldn't even have a fucking country in the first place without your average Joe, you dumb elitist cuck. Unlike degenerate intelligentsia, average Joe actually knows how shit works, he certainly contributes more to the society than "smart" lefty urbanites like OP.

democracy only works in a homogenous society, racial, culturally, whatever.
Otherwise it could happen that the bigger group votes for free gibs which have to be provided by the smaller group, who can't defend itself against this

Universal franchise happened because of the need to conscript armies

Once all males got franchise it became very hard to rationalize why women and niggers shouldn’t then get the right to vote. They didn’t have good enough arguements evidence to deny them since they allowed dumb as fuck white retards to vote as well.

Universal franchise like fiat money was needed in order for countries to compete militarly with other countries.

We don’t need it any more cause of nukes

>The 1798 Jourdan law stated: "Any Frenchman is a soldier and owes himself to the defense of the nation".

>Napoleon Bonaparte consequently inherited a greatly expanded army based on conscription, from which he created the Grande armee

Look military conscription was a military technology introduced by France which caused universal suffrage.

Everyone had to do it..

We have to realize why this happened and roll it back now

Universal suffrage was the biggest mistake of all.

>four people think North Korea is Atlantis

>All those dots in the midde of india

Agreed, with all points. As for the last sentence, yes, we won't need conscription to push around the weaker powers, and Great Powers won't fight again until a counter for nukes comes about.

Makes sense from a militarist perspective, but this bit stood out:
>Once all males got franchise it became very hard to rationalize why women and niggers shouldn't then get the right to vote.
It seems to me a militarist state would not have allowed such popular opinion to matter at all, which is presumably why you want a military dictatorship in the first place. However doesn't that mean that somehow the democratic constitutional republic or whatever were able to recognize the necessity of large armies? I remain unconvinced that it was a purely military consideration caused by someone (the French?) inventing a new weapon. I don't see why it wouldn't have occurred to the ancients in that case, nor why it would suddenly explode unto the world in a fit of ideological rage more than calculating military concerns. Anyway, if enfranchisement was a military concern that somehow got extended by democracy at the same time, then with the country run by the military, who will be in it? Such will be a reasonable equivalent to the "representatives" in what we have now.

>slaves built america
>they should be kangz and shieet
I mean, I'm not downplaying the importance of the average person. Of course they are necessary for society to function and bla bla bla. But that doesn't mean they are capable of coosing what is best for the country, knowing how shit works on their most fundamental level doesn't mean they'll know which economic, political, social and educational policies would be better for everyone.
>unlike degenerate intelligentsia
Certainly most (((intellectuals))) are shit, but I'm not advocating for them to rule anyway. Besides, most "city people" aren't intellectuals, and they vote left anyway.

>choosing

How
How is this even possible

English is the most spoken language though.
Practically everyone on earth knows a fair bit

I believe it's the most common second language, user

Mandarin is more spoken overall person for person, but English is the most widespread language spoken

People in general are idiots and shouldn’t have a say in society

America wasn't a militarist state before the World Wars. It was a mercantile state, and the military was merely an arm of the state that would secure business interests.
If everything were reset politically, the greatest bulwark against allowing this to happen again MIGHT just be that we have recordings of today. Imagine if you went back to 1776 and showed the Founding Fathers a video of Miley Cyrus twerking, some rich nigger rapper talking into a microphone about money and bitches, and just some generic jewed movie. We have the evidence of what unlimited freedom for the masses looks like, and it looks disgusting.

Hate to admit it but Napoleon's system was close to perfect and Napoleon III even better.