The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

>Conservative rural states like Arizona and West Virginia allow almost anyone to carry a loaded firearm in public, while in urban states and big cities, it can be a felony.

>But a piece of legislation quietly churning its way through Congress may change all that by making gun permits more like driver's licenses, transportable across state lines. If you are allowed to carry a concealed weapon in your home state, you would be allowed to carry it in all of them.

>The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act has already sailed through the House of Representatives and has the full support of President Trump. It has roughly 40 co-sponsors in the Senate where a showdown is shaping up between the gun lobby and law enforcement over states' rights and the second amendment.

cbsnews.com/news/concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-showdown/

They discussed this on 60 Minutes last night. Should this act pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

polymer80.com/pistol-frames
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

My only concern is whether or not the fucks in California are the ones who get some bullshit legislation thrown in there and then all of a sudden it's harder to own a gun/conceal carry in my home state because of this national regulation.

>Dear Mr. Government
>I am writing to request I be allowed to access my god given rights
>sincerely
>cuckolds of america

I want this, if only for the New Jersey tears.

absolutely, why is this even a question

Yes.
According to D.C. vs Palmer we have the right to bear arms outside of the home.
I, personally, would prefer a concealed carry because I don't want to be a target for criminals (I'd open carry if necessary).
Reciprocity means I'd be able to conceal carry in my own city.
I would love to be able to defend myself, as is my right, without self-loathing white leftists breathing down my neck.
t. Californian who misses his rights.

Why should you need a permit in the first place? Unless this legislation is intended to set the groundwork for removing that requirement nationally.

I'm really distraught that this is the state of America.
The left has pushed us so far I sometimes feel blackpilled.

Yes. I am absolutely fucking sick and tired of Democrats turning citizens into free money vending machines for criminals who don't follow laws.

>Should this act pass?
yes, writing letters now

They'll fail. All of their gun grabbing efforts are about to come tumbling down.

>Democrats turning citizens into free money vending machines
Democrats were always lawless, they supported lynching and founded the KKK

they even murdered their own president just to get black votes

> Live in 97% white small city
I don't need to carry a damn thing.

Well, fuck them. The good news in the bad is that 80% lowers are easy as fuck to mill

>95% white town
>Around 20k people

I still carry anyway. Illegals aren't citizens so don't count towards the population

>nationwide CCW reciprocity
This shouldn't have to be legislation to be made evident that 2A exists, but commies are everywhere nowadays and control entire geographical regions.

I’d get a concealed carry permit the next day if this passed

I CC anytime I leave my house. As written in the second amendment I have a right to bare arms. I don’t have a permit and never will. When the gun grabbing democrats get in office next they’ll be sure to go to every CC holders house first to try and take their firearms.

>Thinking it will always be this way

TopKek

Here in NH, no one keeps track of concealed pistol permit ownership. If you lose your permit, you have to submit a new application because the police station that issued your permit doesn't keep anything on file. Of course we now have a constitutional carry law, but our permit is just a single page application and $10 for a resident and it's still good for reciprocity in a lot of states.

>and law enforcement
Law enforcement isn't a uniform unit.
paraphrasing my local pro-gun sheriff:
>why would a civilian ever want to open carry, it gives up the element of surprise of concealed carry

Ideally,

You'd want to open carry a handgun, and conceal an assault rifle.

If shit went down, your force multiplier is exposed as a 'secret weapon'.

Of course, this is hard to do with sizes and fashionable jeans.

Which is why, you never dress as a fucking poof and look like a guy who can pack heat, and that's your stance.

The concealed, im not worthy to fuck with but probably willing to kill you, stance.

then, you add arsenal.

Hi-cap .45, small-frame sub-compact 9mm, and a quick-flick knife of about 6 inches of blade.

"Whys that guy always wear a light or heavy coat".

what about people who already live in a cucked state? why cant we all just carry? why do we let these commies take away our rights?
REEEEEE

Long story shortened and made to sense:

Carry a rifle if one is deemed slightly necessary. Always have the greater weapon.

Yet, always have a weapon is a better overall stance.

Ideally, If you can only pack small, only fight small. Only express yourself in environments where you wont be wanting a greater .223 + expression.

The Glock 80% lowers are becoming easier to make.

polymer80.com/pistol-frames

lmao, it's casual, not casul

>. Should this act pass?
thats like asking if we should apply logic to the real world. Yes, the answer is, yes

Absolutely, it makes sense, every other license is valid across state lines, why not this?

YES
YES
YES

I live in Penn and have considered a cc permit. I haven't gotten it cause carrying a gun around is highly tedious, dangerous and my last few gfs gave me high hell for it. Sup Forums has opened my eyes and if this passes, I'd be stupid NOT to get my cc permit. I have the perfect gun in mind too, a jericho 941 semi compact. Highly accurate, safe, reliable and packs power, without compromising too much ammo.

Make sure the gun feels right in your hands. The perfect gun for one person may not be the perfect gun for another.

>There is no such thing as white criminals
How young and naive.

Right now I only own one gun. A mossberg 590 shotgun. I used to own a 1911colt too but I lost it in my mid 20's from moving around too much. Paid $750 at a gun show for it and it was heavily used but I loved it.

>last few gfs gave me high hell for it

>Being this fucking beta

>Women that like guns
Where do you find them? I'm not married yet, I'm looking for a none slut white gf. Please point me in the right direction.

It would be fucking hilarious if normal Americans could concealed carry in the communist hellhole that is California.

I'm curious if there will be any efforts to standardize the permit test itself or if a mandate to carry insurance will come with it for inadvertent property and personal damage, especially considering the number of dumbasses who think 5.56 or bigger is a valid thing to carry and use for self defense in public.

Would this mean it'd be easier for people visiting CA to carry than people who live there?

Nah, they will probably leave it to the states.
yes.

The gun range?

Anybody in the US can just get a permit from Utah, if I recall, since they hand them out like candy to non-state residents for more a bit more cost.

>trying to stab people with a folding knife

enjoy the fingers you have now

>Not posting the superior version
Come on mate. Here, you can have it for free

>choosing a Jew gun

Get a Sig 365 nigger, or a Ruger LCR in .357 mag if you’re getting the gun for concealed carry

Waht rings u got bicth

Funny how they completely glossed over the fact that it’s impossible for a normal person to get a CCW in many California counties.

Some concentrated autism you have here.

I don't buy guns or collect them, so I want something that'll last me a long time. Something that looks nice, is nice to shoot and that I can show off to others. I don't want a shitty $200 piece, which I may never use outside of the range. I've been researching it more since I made my post and the Jericho 941 has been upgraded to the desert eagle 3 in 2016. When the next gun show rolls around, I hope both versions are on display so I can hold them and feel them up.

UNIVERSAL ALASKA CARRY FUCKING WHEN

Yes but you can get a CC permit from another state and then CA would have to honor it. I live in NJ and we're right behind California in terms of strict gun laws. I can apply for a New Hampshire CC permit all online while living in NJ. 2 week wait for background checks and a $50 charge. Then boom, congrats, you can now CC in your home state.

I thought you needed proof of residence, before applying for a cc to a state?

>tfw constitutional carry in my state

Many states offer guest permits. And they do this specifically for people who travel. Say I live in Virgina with a CC permit but I'm visiting family in NH. Is my life suddenly worth less in that state? No. The government has no problems issuing right to CC if you pass all their criteria.

CA, NJ, and NY are like the only 3 states the deny 99% of all CC permits from other states. I work with a guy who has 3 CC permits from different states (was a truck driver at one point I believe) and there are 39 states who honor his CC permit. There's even an app for Android and iPhone that offers real time updates/changes to every little detail about gun laws for each state. You can plug what state CC permits you have and it will highlight every state in certain colors. Green for full carry rights, yellow for restricted or specific rules, or red for no right at all.

Expect another highly politicized mass shooting in the week leading up to the vote.

God I hope not. I hope they keep the whole vote real hush hush until it passes.

They've been trying, but I think the media is going to blow the top off. Right now a lot of liberals don't even know about the act.

What saddens me is most liberals don't know cat shit from applesauce when it comes to guns. Yet they're allowed to try to vote on the matter.

Being allowed to vote despite being uninformed is the price of providing voter freedom. I'm willing to accept that.

This and ONLY THIS. our country is full of estrogen enriched males at this point.

Of course not, this is retarded. Stricter gun control makes sense in some places, looser gun control in others.

Funny how the States Rights folks suddenly forget about States rights when it's convenient.

True enough I suppose.
>Stricter fun control makes sense
Fuck you you dirty red commie. I live in NJ. Home to 5 of the worst cities in the entirety of the USA. All 5 cities AND the state as a whole have stupidly strict gun laws. Yet homicide, gangbanging, and gang shootings are at record levels and always have been. All strict gun control does is make it harder for law abiding citizens to get their hands on guns.

Its not states rights you stupid factor this right is enumerated in the second amendment. As for your retarded statement that GC works in some areas, kindly list those areas and explain why its effective in doing anything other than stripping law obeying citizens of their god given rights?

>no one keeps track

You believe that?

You want a gun that you won't have a strong sentimental attachment to since it will be taken as evidence if you ever need to use it.

Some people have responsibilities and being jailed would get in the way of them.

CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

Great, everyone will be too happy about triggering liberals that they'll be giving them exactly what they want: they'll have a way to know who every gun holding citizen in the nation is for when they need to "make us safer" by taking them away.

its gov oppression that you cant take the weapon you purchased with funds that the feds fucked 10 times a piece for their cut to some other place just because of imaginary lines. just because some morons cant be trusted with a gun doesn't mean all of us should be punished.

If I get a license in TX or whatever the best state for guns is, does that mean I get to keep all the freedom or does it have to be my home state?

You get the right to carry a concealed weapon,but certain things will still be up to the state. NJ has a strict limit of no more than 15 rounds in a magazine regardless of type of weapon. Pistol, rifle, etc. Where as in more gun friendly states , 30+ round mags are acceptable. There's also things like will that state allow carry in a bar? You have the right to carry but you're still liable to the laws of the state.

Unless you bought your guns from a private individual in a parking lot, the government already knows who owns guns. The background checks are kept in an FBI and ATF database, although the ATF database is supposedly only on paper. Also supposedly the FBI only knows if you bought a long gun or a pistol. But still, the government knows who owns guns, don't be naive.

I read somewhere that the Democrats are trying to put a poison pill into this legislation. Their amendment will make tens of millions of people unable to buy firearms. So either they kill it, or they get a huge chunk of the population barred from owning guns. Here's a list of the things that will keep you from legally buying a gun WITHOUT due process.
>EVER seeing a psychiatrist for ANY reason
>BEING on disability of ANY kind
>Being ACCUSED of domestic violence or abuse
There's like 50 other things, on their list. Look CLOSELY at who is supporting this bill and why.

Havel's Ring
Ring of Favor and Protection

Perfect. Put the second amendment in the hands of the feds, what's the worse that can happen?
It's not like they'll make the requirements to get a "permit" so fucking outlandish nobody could possible get one or anything.
It's not like it's a disguised national registry for firearms or anything.
It's not like the feds will force every state to fall in line with California or Illinois gun laws or anything.

Yes

You’d still need to comply with California’s draconian gun laws, magazine limits, and I assume ammo types.

You don't NEED to, but you should. You never know what could happen, and concealed carry is about preparation for the worst.

Fuck yes please pass the Senate. We need to shill hard against any senators who are against this and up for reelection this fall

Small pistol in the pocket and an SBR in a bag should work well enough without dressing like a neckbeard.

I hope this bill passes

Not to mention the fact that the backwards SCOTUS ruling that states have to acknowledge gay marriage licences make this a slam dunk.

Same argument can be structured in such that allowed slaves in free states before the civil war. This is Scott vs Sanford.

The arguement was, a state that was a part of the union could not discriminate what was legally allowed at the federal and state level of another accompany state that had passed it into law. Its unconstitutional, to discriminate on a state by state basis. Meaning what ever federal statutes that oppose guns in those states is null and void due to the effects of direct democracy. Because the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Sandford, Slavery was renacted all over the states before the Civil War.

>Gay marriage licenses
Holy shit I completely forgot about that! That can totally be used as an argument. "Well if you don't believe CC licenses should be honored across state lines, I guess you don't believe you should be allowed to drive or be legally married across state lines either."

I'm not. Only landowners should be able to vote. Would fix a majority of problems in this country

They jacked it up to 100 Rothschild bux for non-res, and some jackass over there briefly changed the requirement to exclude people who live in states where permits are impossible to get (must have permit from home state and prove it) before the courts overturned it.

Even relatively based NH can break people's balls about this shit.

But yeah, this hole in logic is a blantant example of the hypocracy and redundancy of the democrats, They're actively resisting a federal amendment via state by state direct democracy, in completely nullification doing the same stupid shit as before the civil war. EVEN after all of this, they still haven't fucking learned.

FEDERAL TRUMPS STATE.

AND A STATE CANNOT DISCRIMINATE UPON A CITIZEN THAT IS ABIDING BY FEDERAL LAW, THAT OF WHICH IS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

People are only looking at the potential benifits without even bothering to realize this is the Federal government were talking about here.
They honestly think the Feds going to manage something without turning it into a colossal cluster fuck.

Shut up faggot

Just have another civil war and be done with it.

The closet tolerance Crypto Confederates are ironically using local nullifcation practices to spite the federal government if its not in democrat control. Democrats are such sore fucking losers, they're attempting the same shit they did before the civil war.

No one thinks this shit is gonna happen again, but its gonna fucking happen again.

No. But if someone with the ability to carry a gun in their home state is found in violation in another state they should be given a formal and recorded warning rather than a punishment for the first offense.

Just because you can carry in all 50 states doesn't mean there wont be state and local laws that will apply to where you can carry.

You forgot Hawaii. This fuck hole doesn't recognize anyone else's permits and the police almost openly admit they will never give out any more permits.

fucking based

making america great again

No
We should be rolling back Federal power not expanding it

didn't Feinstein poison this bill with some bullshit?

Constitutional Right to property and arms trumps local and state laws, a civil war was fought to reiterate that what the fed says, goes. Several thousand union troops fought to give the feds teeth legally and if necessarily militarily.

A state cannot discriminate or confiscate property or arms belonging to a citzen of another state that has legalized that said weaponry, if said weaponry falls below the line of federal acceptance. The Feds bar is what sets the standard for every fucking state in the union.

Fucking hate democrats when they're all like "MUH BOIS IN BLUE" and then turn around and turn into Crypto Confederates with fucking gun laws and sanctuary city states.

>gun permits more like driver's licenses, transportable across state lines.

WEW NYC SPICS AND JIGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

yes it should pass but limit ammo for all states but california.

Well if reciprocity goes through, you can shove your CC cock down their throats. They'll be forced to recognize by Federal law. Although I guarantee there will be fighting over it and hold outs. Look at NJ/CA who straight up have "Sanctuary Cities" that won't deport illegals or even report them to ICE. Clear violation and breaking of Federal law, yet they're somehow not behind bars.

Given the choice, I'd hang the new NJ governor from a lamp post.