TTGL has good animation

>TTGL has good animation

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xhqmf6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yep episode 4 is pretty bad OP

>animation
>post still pictures

I fucking hated the style of that episode.
I'm on episode 13 and I really hope watching all of this is worth it, I hope it gets better as everyone considers this one of the best anime of all time. Sometimes I even feel I'm "watching it wrong" or something.

Blame this lardass

>post stills
>complains about animation

you could at least post a gif

If you dont like it by then just drop it. It only gets worse.

Letting each animator put their own spin on the character models has upsides and downsides.

There exists no unified anime-liker canon. Your taste is yours. I don't really like EVA but I'm not going to go around calling everyone who love it dumb because we're not exact clones of eachother in terms of taste.

Like putting my face next to an anus and breathing deeply.

>posting stills
Also, the drawings look good, they're very expressive which is something rarely found in anime. It's refreshing to see an approach that eschews boring and "appealing" template expressions for something truly expressive.

>Sometimes I even feel I'm "watching it wrong"
No you just have different taste. Drop it if you don't like it, going into ANY anime with the expectation that it has to impress you is not only wrong but stupid.

I wish Tattun would make posts like that, it'd be much more interesting.

isn't a inside joke? i thought it was referencing other animes that have notoriously bad animation on the 4th episode. i remember i heard its a running joke back in like 2007

Said no one ever

Reminder Yoko is ugly

What about it don't you like? I enjoyed the second cour's stuff more than the first cour's stuff, and most other people are the opposite of my opinion. You might be like me. If you get to Ep16 and hate it still, just drop it.

Then how come everyone except the homos wanted to fuck her?

Only the scum of society would fuck an anime character, let alone a poorly drawn one like Yoko.

The director of this episode resigned because of the backlash, he was the second in charge at gainax at the time, it was a pretty big deal.

Timeskip Yoko is thicc.

THICC

I think you're talking about PSG E5, which was directed by the same guy and was supposedly a reference to The Hakkenden (though that's less "notoriously bad" and more "notoriously divisive"). As far as I know, TTGL E4 was just them doing dumb shit because.

Reminder Yoko is an obnoxious vain cunt who "fell in love with Kamina" when in reality they only got together because they were both super attractive, and when he died she acted like she lost just as much as Simon who knew and looked up to him for years while she only knew him for like a week

I don't hate it, but so far it's just a solid "okay" and I feel like I should have already been blown off my shoes by the creativity or the characters or the animation or the music or something. But it feels incredibly standard. And I'm not even someone who's that hard to please. I'm not planning on dropping it, it's not bad, but maybe I just have to finish it to properly judge it.

some scenes were very memorable but as a whole i think the anime is a 7/10 at best. I particularly hated the ending.

wait until the end

Holy fuck, it's ten years later and people are still getting this shit wrong because of shoddy reporting by ANN. The director of this episode, Kobayashi Osamu, was not a Gainax employee to begin with. The guy who resigned was the show's animation producer, Akai Takami, not because of the episode, but because of anonymous comments he made on 2ch - namely, that reading the criticism of the show was - that got traced back to him.

Really no, it's just not that good.
Even as a /m/echafag I can't get into it. It's too cartoonish and badly written. Also the style doesn't help going from underground to barren wasteland to cityscape and whatever it all feels very empty.
It has a very specific audience. You really have to enjoy it at surface value without digging deeper because the themes and plot are extremely shallow.
Also the characters cater quite a bit to literal children, having little to no depth.

Honestly just drop it unless you want to get into the discussions. I'm sure you have more than one fanbase you just don't understand on Sup Forums. Just add that one to the list.

That's how I felt when I watched the first season too. I think you need to turn off your expectations a bit. This show doesn't take itself seriously at all, so just sit down and try to focus on how over the top some of the stuff in it is. Episode 15 is the end of the first arc, Episode 16 is a recap, and then the second arc starts in the next episode, which is where a lot of the memes come from. The second arc has somewhat of a massive theme switch. I really recommend hanging in until Ep15 or 16 (17) to pass your criticisms on it.

>Stills are not part of animation
Found the retards

Animation by definition has to be moving. What you are looking for is art style.

>image.jpg
>animenewsnetwork.com
Amazing job OP

>talking about animation
>posts still frames

Literally the opposite of animation.

I like it but if you don't by now, you never will. Just drop it and save yourself some trouble.

If you don't like it now I would say drop it.
where as One of the major peaks of the show is episode 11. This is a show about pumping up the testosterone.

when people say they aren't hard to please, it's like saying they are good tippers when in fact they arent. Not saying you are harder to please but it seems to me you aren't easily pleased either. Mind you this might not be your type of anime, but the second part changes the things up a bit. So either ride it through or stop.

>Posting low res still-shots

>posting low res webms

Try making a webm under 3mb at high res, i dare you

I don't think anyone anyone actually considers it the best. I can't actually remember any moment where someone called it 'one of the best'. It's really just a memorable show with ups and downs in quality.

Remember that time when they had One Piece character designs for ep 4 or something and fans raged and the Gainax president ultimately had to step down over the fallout. This is total proof that One Piece artstyle is overall totally disgusting.

What's the stigma surrounding this episode? I haven't been keeping track.

I had trouble watching this the first time, and I dropped it around episode 7 or 8. Picked it up again a couple months later and I enjoyed more than any anime I've ever seen. Sometimes moods just come and go, you have to be in the right one for certain anime.

Worked better here dailymotion.com/video/xhqmf6