What do you think of the Obamas portrait /pol?

powerful, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amysherald.com/7i7hqjznz4m357wkdwa5b9o4g2kyub
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Needs more hotdogs.

>manspreading

The style is pretty cheesy. It's actually better than the stuff the artist usually does.

you mean 'Personspreading'

>stunning to see a black man in a garden

Honestly a lot better than whatever the fuck this is. I get that she made her grayscale so that people wouldn't see color, but all it does is the opposite. It just looks bad and unbalanced.

The dimensions on the chair don't make any sense. The visible portions of the arm and back seem too far away from his body... and the other side seems to be missing completely? Is he sitting on the far edge of a one-armed chair?

INB4 bbc spam

These honestly suck compared to every other presidential portrait. Obama's hands are fucked.

Ehhh, not fair to compare to other Presidential portraits, because if we are then no one is going to top JFK's portrait.

couldn't find someone who knows how to draw faces

looks like one of those gorilla murals you see at the zoo

OK the more I look the more it's off.. nevermind the ridiculous "masculinity" comment, but the angle of the chair and how he's sitting seems to be off? It's like the angle of the garden-wall would have to be curved to allow it? Or the far side of the chair buried in the wall? Technically speaking it seems a lot of the angles don't add up.

how about the guy who beat JFK

>Obama is a W I D E B O Y E confirmed?

Huge Hands
>>My sides

I know all blacks look alike, but, that doesn't look like Mrs O.

Okey doke, negress.

Great pic, but did he really wear his jackets that long?

It's not a horrible painting - on a visceral level, I like it. On a technical level (I'm an artist), it's a passible portrait (something is funky and off around his eyes), but overall, it's a nice piece. But as an official Presidential portrait, it's really strange - his pose is not one of power, leadership, or dignity, it's withdrawn, weak, uncomfortable, indecisive. No tie is really fucking wierd, this is an official portrait, intended to be used world wide by the media.

Comparing it to Michelle's, I am fully convinced he didn't really care, told her to manage the project, and she chose this one on purpose, because hers makes her look stronger, more striking, and would get her more attention...if it was a good painting, which it's not. It's awful. It fails on every level. They should have had the person who did Obama's do hers, but she chose some black chick who more known for her politics than her ability as a painted, and that kind of bullshit screams "Michelle did this!"

How do they talk themselves into such levels of victimhood? Do they not have one fucking ounce of self respect and self responsibility?

Every other presidential portrait looks dignified. Why the fuck would he put him hiding in a bush?

Where's the portrait of Obama on his knees, kissing banker ass?

Trump will never look this good.

/thread

It wouldn't be so gay if it didn't have the flowers. It makes even Obama himself look bad.

That painting is very shitty. Does the painter understand perspective?
The colors are shit. Doesn't look like the painting of a leader. Looks like a kid in high school made it.

there probably a good reason why they didnt put a bunch of busy detailed shit in the background to distract from the portrait of the person.

She's not greyscale, the artist who did it doesn't know how to paint skin.

amysherald.com/7i7hqjznz4m357wkdwa5b9o4g2kyub

She's a shit tier artist, that's why her skin is greyscale. She's someone who was raised up in the art world way above her ability, because of her sex and her skin color, she's an affirmative action artist. Her entire career is propped up by government sponsorship and awards. Which makes her perfect to do an Obama portrait, she's a creature of the world the Obama's created.

It's what blacks do when the dog is sicced on them friendo.

>Does the painter understand perspective?

no, he puts a kaleidoscope background on every painting

This one beat's JFK's by several miles. Roosevelt by John Singer Sargent.

Kek
Toppest
Literally who?
>those hands

Many black men should caring so much about what their shitty peers think.

Wait, this is official presidential portrait?!

I want to see this in a lineup with the rest to amplify how silly it is

>it dismantles so much
Like what?
>new visions of masculinity that black men rarely have the public permission to explore
What does any of that even mean?

Fucking disgusting but the colors are better in this one.
Burn the paintings and just have someone take a photo and paint over it to replace them. A normal photo without any retarded gimmicks to it like a fucking kaleidoscope or new age bullshit.

Why is he being absorbed by the bushes?

Is he doing that Homer Simpson thing?

I see your Roosevelt and raise you one Andrew Jackson.

The artist understand perspective. The problem is, he added the background in, and the chair and feet are obscured, so the eye has no visual cues to ground Obama in the scene. He's floating in a sea of leaves. It's a crutch, one the artist uses in almost everything he does, but overall it's not a bad painting. It's also pretty obvious that he worked from a photo - I have no doubt that chair is in the Oval Office, or the White House residence. Someone snapped a photo with a DSLR, and they used that, instead of having him sit for a portrait, which is traditionally done.

It's not at the level of skill of past portraits, but what else would you expect from the Obamas? They half ass everything they do, they're low effort people. He couldn't even be bothered to put a tie on for this, he's wearing pretty much his day to day White House wardrobe. This is supposed to be special, him at his best, but it's just a candid. It's typical nigger politics - "I jess keepin it real!", when this painting robs Obama of every ounce of gravitas he earned as President in it's try hard effort to make him look cool.

It means nothing, it's teh SJW crowd scrambling to justify it.

Wow. Powerful

SLAY KWEEN SLAY

Yes, these were commission by the National Portrait Gallery, and will hang there with all of the other Presidential portraits. Which also means, Congress apportioned funds to pay the artists - our taxes paid for these.

I'm fine with Obama's, if he's fine with it, but Michelle's portrait hanging with works by some of the greatest American artists is an affront and insult.

>stunningly powerful to see a black man in a garden
Yep, picking cotton and mowing my lawn.

Agreed the only president to EVER pay off the national debt.

It means absolutely nothing. In fact, it highlights the ignorance and assumption that all black men are one way and not the other. Whoever wrote that is already convinced to the idea that black men can't express themselves in any meaningful way without being subject to humiliation.

I like Sargent's better.

Jimmy Carter is unironically America's most kino president

Yep. This guy works from poorly lit digital photos. The lighting in this painting is atrocious.

>PewDiePie i-is that you?

Who wore it best?

checked and keked

>he's black
>his portrait is him in a tree
>he's ok with this

>Wow it's great to see a black man in a garden
I agree. Makes a nice change of pace from the usual way blacks depict themselves.
>it dismantles so much
I agree, black men SHOULD learn to appreciate feelings of tranquility and calmness. They'd probably murder each other a lot less if they were all into deep meditation of something.
>that black men rarely HAVE THE PUBLIC PERMISSION TO EXPLORE.
you fucking nigger. This was just a ploy to act like another victim of society. Just when I thought you were about to experience a sense of self realization and look at how black people might be able to strive toward becoming better individuals, you turn it into another story of how oppressed you are. You nogged it up you fucking entitled bastards will never change.

That is fucking terrible. The nigger stench will never leave now.

Obama's presidential portrait is literally NBA wallposter-tier.

It's a communist sitting on s chair, big fucking deal.

looks like Arnold Swartznigger
and wtf is up with his hands, they are way out of proportion.

This one looks better than the Obama one though.

just them reinforcing the "le obama is le cool president and not an old white guy" meme

Was it painted on velvet? Looks like something you would buy out of a van in front of a gas station.

too Mandela

Leave Obama's portrait to me

garish

I actually feel angry that this monstrosity appears in a long line of dignified portraits. Anyone who says they like this or that this was appropriate is lying.

I think that Obama actually wanted something like this one:
Really good art.
Now die whitey!

I don't know what it is but the portrait makes me feel sick. The leaves contrast with the formalness of the suit and chair, then those contradict the casualness of not having a tie. On top of this Obama is in a weak hunched over position. It's like an ultra soy portrait, almost as if it was painted with Soylent.

Or here's another that they really wanted Kehinde to paint for them:

He has NORG hands.

I do actually think it looks pretty nice for what it is, even with the chair that's a bit off. Now whether or not this is appropriate for an official Presidential portrait is pretty obvious— the thing is that you're going to hear the hypocrisy of those that yelled Trump isn't being Presidential for his temperament while this portrait will be regarded as suddenly groundbreaking and empowering for Obama to do.

I know they won't, but I'd like to see a portrait of Trump with his reading glasses on.

It will be instant "aw shit, nigga" moment when you see his portrait.

That’s not that black womans normal hair. Cultural appropriation!

To be fair, while also acknowledging that the nog who painted this also painting a beheaded white woman, she has a point. Black men always want to be thug n shit, Obama here seems calmed and professional.

>barack obama looks like a black faggot in his portrait, but here's why there's nothing wrong with that.

It looks like they forgot to turn on shadows.

Its one of those magic eye 3d images. If you focus real hard you see Michelle's cock in his mouth.

Obama taking a shit in a pot field....
so progressive!!!

*smacks lips*

I'll have a 5 layer cheesy burrito and some mtn dew pls

Half white fucking cracker

well said

Coolest monkey in the jungle?

Did the Obama's get cheap and hire a prison tattoo artist to do the portraits?

He looks like the same dumb nog he always was.

But with FUCKING LEAFS.

This is exactly what the original pic made me think of -- Obama trying to shit but too constipated. Good job.

lamest monkey in the garden

No, he looks like the post turtle, which is maybe accurate to his presidency. The scene composition doesn't make any fucking sense.

I did quick fixes

If it was a stand alone portrait, I really couldn't care less. But not for the official portrait. Nothing says "American president" in the portrait to me. I'm not even basing this on politics.

Therefore, that artist is terrible.

Fucking kek.

>Therefore, that artist is terrible.

But I bet he was the best tattoo artist at his prison.

Because all the time he was hiding under "Bush' mistakes". It makes sense to me.