What was Anno thinking?

What was he thinking when making 3.0 Sup Forums?

need more money
this way people will ask more questions and I can lead them on for another 20 years

also how to piss off fans even more.
ReallY though I think it's either he got bored of what he was going to do then did this, or it was for budget reasons.

He wanted to create a masterpiece that surpassed even Boku no Pico.

I K U H A R A
K
U
H
A
R
A

I wish anons would talk about the plot with all the angels and shit instead of shinji's mental state. I don't get why people focus so much on that shit when we have giant cyborg fighting angels with unexplained parts inbetween.

Because the real story is always about the people. The stuff that happens around them is just to give the characters a context for us to understand them.

but thats really boring, The end of the world is happening and everyone only cares about the mental concept. I wanna watch the giant fights and the end of the world, not this mental break down.

The end of the world and the mental concept are inextricably linked, also it makes me feel better to assume you're just goading people.

I'm not really, and I'm aware they are linked, but I'm talking about the plot of the lances and the vessels of the Adams and what they are and the whole scenery of the moon being so close and the black thing that rose out of the ground. That kind of shit. In the end we just get, you caused 3rd impact, those are failures of infinity. That shit.

just more cryptic responses, if there is no actual explination and they just spout nonsense to seem more complicated then I'll shut up.

Idk, i liked 3.0 more than 2.0

If 2.0 is 5/10 for me then 3.0 is 6/10

In that case, there are a shit ton of shows where you can watch giant fights or whatever, and if that's what you're into, it's fine, but it means that Eva isn't the story for you. The end of the world and the mental concept are inextricably linked, so you've gotta either deal with and digest what Eva's trying to convey, or go watch something else. If you don't get why people focus on that part of Eva, I don't know what to tell you. It's what Eva is. You're not focusing on Eva if you're not focusing on it. Not even in a pretentious way, I just mean that the other stuff is window dressing to Anno's emotional dry-heaving.

>god I fucking hate Japan. I just wanna blow the whole place up

Ok, I guess I just find the window dressing far more interesting. I mean the window dressing is a big fucking deal, I mean that was the whole premise of the show at first. Turns out the show is about getting the worst person to save the world only to find out that was the plan all along.

When you're complaining that something isn't what you want it to be, I'm not sure what you want me to say in response. The premise was always, always rooted in the emotional aspect of the story--the immediate in-story responses to all that window dressing you're focused on were a setup to the emotional stuff. As with the plot of any story, it grew more evident over time. I find your position that Shinji is the worst person to save the world questionable, too, given not only many of his actions during the show, but his actions directly at its end.
Eva was never going to be what you want it to be.

Why did they have to kill him twice? I don't even like him but can't they just keep him alive and do something new for once?
Like it would be pretty cool to have him interact with characters he doesn't usually interact with.

The problem with discussing rebuild lore is:
>Its still not finished
>We dont know if anno and his crew put the same amount of attention and detail in the world building as he put in NGE
Its much easier to discuss NGE lore than it is to discuss the rebuild lore.

But if you have some good theories, throw them around, you are welcome to do it.

>Shinji is the worst person to save the world questionable, too, given not only many of his actions during the show, but his actions directly at its end.
It's because of his mental state and everyone shitting on him, in the end he just had to kill the angels, which is no easy task I know, but since eva's primary creation was to bring the end of the world and make humanity into god, shinji is perfect for that purpose. Hence him saying I don't care what happens to the world and shit, I'm not trying to argue with you just pointing that out.
>Eva was never going to be what you want it to be.
yeah I see that now, I'm not asking for constant giant fights and shit, I am more interested on exposition on everything else in eva. Like the Lance and the nebakaneser system and what happened during the 14 year times skip in better detail. That kind of shit. I guess everyone figured that it will never be revealed already and eva is what it is with this.

Wait.
user, have you only seen the Rebuild films?

I went on eva geeks and that scratched the itch a little bit, but I don't know. I want to understand the failures of infinity, vessels of the Adams.

no I have seen it all.
I was more concerned about the movies at this point.

let's put as many fanservice and DEEP shit into it as possible

ok, and now even more

I fail to see how playing the piano was fan service other than gay love

Gay things

In that case, I doubly don't know what to tell you.
Also evageeks is a sad place to visit.

"if I make it super gay then Ikuni-kun might finally realize what it really means~". Dumbass somehow forgot that Ikuni only likes lesbians.

Then watch another anime, NGE isn't for you.

yeah, it really is, I mean it game me context on certain things but the whole Lance thing doing the opposite of what it does at EoE still confuses me.

this

oh I've watched it all already, I only wish for more context on other shit.

Money, money and... money

3.0 is shit

So, there is a theory about the vessels of infinity:
In some of the extra material of NGE (i think a game), it was explained that if the angels actually reached adam, they would "override" liliths "control" over the beings of lcl and would transform all humans into angels.
Kinda the opposite of the mass production evas (adams clones) and adam himself getting overriden by rei.
Assuming a similar concept applies to the rebuild, a "butched" impact that was the third one on 2.22 overriden peoples forms and transformed them into clones of unit 01. Those are the failues of infinity
How exactly unit 01 could pull of an impact out of the blue is another entire story.

The adams is a whone can of worms, tho. Assuming the adams are actually are some surviving mass production evas from EoE, a vessel of adam would be an eva that received the soul of one, and unit 13 would be one reporpused.

It was fanservice for the fujos, who are slowly overtaking japan.

>thinking
That's quite an assumption you have right there.

>Why did they have to kill him twice?
because he represents an unobtainable ideal

what about unit 6 and the angel, they said it could be totally autonomous and the angel infected it it seems. Was 13 a vessel of the Adams as well? basically is the vessel of the Adams are evas made for angels?

Throwing quick theories:
Unit 13 is a MPE from EoE, half original adam half original lilith, therefore need to be controlled by an angel and a lilim at the same time.

The idea as "vessels are evas for angels " also work

sorry but all I can think of its whole death and rebirth. The ritual that shows the MP evas stabbing themselves is to signify the death before the rebirth, but the Lance consumes 01 to make the tree of life. Rie fusing with it all was so she heard shinji calling to her and made her apart of the 3rd impact. What my understanding is this, that MP evas and 01 could achieve the 3rd impact on their own, same with fusing the Adam embryo with Rei then lillith. Both happened and both fused together. Am I right on that concept?

Maybe that's why they keep calling them vessels of the adams. Evas made to house an angel like unit01 did with a Lillin in control.

Eva is never going to have sturdy worldbuilding, Rebuild isn't over so much of this would be fruitless in the first place, and Anno is flying by the seat of these pants in writing these films. You are seriously in the wrong franchise, I'm sorry.
There were several theories about Rebuild flying around in heavy discussion for some time but you've missed that train, I think. Your best bet is waiting for Final and shitting on it then.

yeah, if it ever comes out.

2deep4u

Getting Asukafags and Reifags mad, that what he wanted.

2019, I'm sure of it.
I'll update that projection in a good nineteen months.

>Rei slightly blushing at him too
OTP

it was supposed to be out in 2015
then godzilla came along.

Godzilla itself is not why Final hasn't been made, but yes, I know.

oh what was the reason?

Even if Unit 13 was half Adam and hald Lilith it doesn't mean it has to be controlled by a Lilin and an angel.
Both Unit 00 and Unit 02 are made from Adam and they can be controlled by Lilins just fine.

He didn't want to do it.

what? why? oh was it because of the backlash of 3.0?

Not at all. Working on Eva is very difficult for him mentally and emotionally. Working on Shin Godzilla, on the other hand, was a dream come true.

00 and 02 both had human souls in their core. The only way for a human to be able to pilot an eva is to have a human souls act as a medium for the pilot.
1e didn't have a soul but has an angel to control it and a human pilot, for 13 to awaken it needed a soul and that's why I think vessel of the Adams houses an angels soul. Using the 13 however was just to kill Kowuru.

he shouldn't have decided on making 4 films, but I understand his fatigue on the subject.

>implying it's not going to be 5
Evangelion:||>n, coming to theaters June 2036.

I hope to be dead by then

No homo

Anno is never ever thinking that.

Cause the plot makes fuck all sense given what we know. I wouldn't be surprised if Anno made it complicated as he could for the hell of it by adding two dozen unexplained concepts and putting Mari in the manga, just to troll whoever tried to come up with theories like time loops or whatever to make sense of it.

Confirmed for knowing nothing of the d e e p e s t l o r e.
By which I mean Sadamoto has already talked about Mari's inclusion, and Ishida has already confirmed time loops, whether or not they're directly connected to NGE itself.

The only good part is the Shogi game.

The rest of the movie is contrived.
That 6 minute short they released is better than 3.0.

How is the Shogi game not contrived?

Theory time: Can there be more than one angel of the same type?
Like Azeriel can have its own race of Azeriels? Just not too many like humans due to size and the seed of life?
Also is shinji now an angel? He absorbed Rie, Now he's just like Rie carrying a piece of Lillith's soul?

reminder that the homosex agenda ruined the rebuilds

listening to that piano in the distance by some homo angel, I'd manipulate multiple situations to kill him too.

Because he'd solve all of Shinji's problems and the show would be over

Nah, Kaworu's got plenty of problems of his own.
In fact, I'd posit that Kaworu's death is actually an inversion of what you say: it's used to drive home that although Shinji did feel his problems could be fixed by Kaworu, that's not actually how things work.

Kaworu has his own issues, I agree, but there's no doubt he would have helped with most of Shinji's problems in a jiffy.

Kaworu's death is only used to drive home the theme of miscommunication. Shinji was thinking of himself again and not doing pic related, so he destroyed another relationship like with Toji.
As Anno himself says, Shinji could have saved Kaworu.

>homosex agenda saved the rebuilds
fixed

3.33 > 2.22 > 1.11

This is objectively correct

Right, but really they'd need to save each other. Shinji is very self-centered; he's the one who wants to be saved, without having to deal with the emotional inconvenience of being someone's savior in turn. He wants to be reached without reaching out. Your pic related is great evidence of that.

I think NGE 2 does a good job to expose why Kaworu's and Shinji's relationship is so intense since the beginning and why it ends up in tragedy by fleshing out Kaworu's issues. Kaworu, as the original show was informing and hinting (but didn't have time to develop) is 'the same' as Shinji and Rei: a kid used as a tool by adults. Yeah, has supernatural origins, but so do they (Shinji joined the club now). Kaworu is lonely and starved for love just like Shinji, but he wants to give and pour love on something, while Shinji wants to receive love with the same intensity. So they met and sparks fly because they are what each others want.

The reason why it ends this way is on their faults neither of them actually grow up from at this time: Shinji's afraid to be hurt while Kaworu doesn't care if he's hurt. The extreme of this results on his death because he stupidly thinks is better for Shinji who is too much of a chicken to say it fucking isn't. Only ones cashing on this are the manchildren in control.

Evangelion 4.0: You Can (Not) Debut

this is true, Shinji wants to stay stagnant. If he had an Aniki shinji would change cuz he has some one to lean on. Kawuro is an enabler for shinji'shinji's behavior.

Good post.
Kaworu wants to be all give (he sees this as solace), Shinji wants to be all take (he sees this as solace), and neither of them acknowledge that that isn't a functional relationship to have with someone.

I think the fans felt betrayed like shinji did when he was brought back 14 years ago.

It wasnt even the story that upset me
It's just honestly one of the ugliest animated films I've ever seen in my life

thinkgen of monies

look at this shit

Oh, the memories.

Are the 4 Adams that Misato saw, signify that they were on their 4th repeat?

The funny thing Kaworu informs Shinji of all his flaws and tells him his issues every single time, but Shinji doesn't listen or zones over it. If he ever listened to he said once, he have been able to mature and stop Kaworu's death.

He's not really an enabler, he's a kid with issues with another kid with issues, used for adults who take advantage of their issues. They need an environment that is healthy and not full of people who emotionally and psychologically abused them. Same for Rei.

The problem wasn't much on that but rather on Kaworu's "I want to love even if I'm hurt and betrayed" and Shinji's fear of getting hurt. The issue wasn't on the fact one is more nurturing and the other more selfish, that happens in most relationships real life and makes them compatible, but that one was so desperate to love he wouldn't mind being killed for it and the other was scared of being hurt even if he lashed out and kills people (he does the fucking same in EOE, he ends the world because he's hurt and wants to shut off the pain).
NGE2 digs deep into Kaworu's less than selfless reason: he's afraid of being alone. He was told by Seele since he was young he was going to kill all humanity, so he is just scared of being alone for all eternity. Kaworu's suicidal tendencies were more obvious in the draft (where he had marks on his arms and wrists about self-harm) but it's the core of it.

Ikuhara pls

Agreed. Shinji has a victim complex and Kaworu has a savior complex.
They're perfect for each other, and at the same time horrible for each other.