One Piece

Why Whole Cake Island is a shit arc:
1. Big Mom is a boring villain.
2. Big Mom Pirates are mostly incompetent.
3. The arc is way too long for a rescue mission. It also doesn't have any major or a final battle in sight, and it's already over 50 chapters.
4. The inclusion of this arc breaks the tension of the Kaido saga.
5. Strawhats are having it easy.
6. Vinsmokes were a waste of time, and poorly written overall.
7. Carrot instead of Robin.
8. Carrot and Chopper in general.
9. The fights are either offpaneled or won easily.
10. Sanji is acting dumb as fuck.
11. Luffy vs Cracker was one of the worst fights I've read in the series.
12. Unfunny Brook.
13. Smoothie and Compote not doing shit.
14. Perospero not killing the Vinsmokes.
15. And finally Luffy escaping death for three times and still counting.

One Piece as a whole is needlessly long and boring. Anything with more than 26 episodes belongs in the trash.

I stopped reading at Dressrosa, is the Big Mom arc really that long. I got burnt out with Doflamingo.

This all boils down to "I don't like Big Mom and wanted a battle arc"

More like Big Mom is a trash character and the arc shouldn't have been that long.

>5. Strawhats are having it easy.
>Oda can't decide if they are supposed to be wrecking face or only facing fodder.
>Oda can't decide if BM's crew is utterly incompetent or competent but falling victim to a scheme by Capone who has had time to sabotage the infrastructure of the island for his own plan
>Oda can't decide if Luffy is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with a yonko or not.

Really this arc is just a cluster fuck because right now the only people on BM's crew that aren't jobbers or fodder in my eyes are Katakuri and BM herself.

>all this Sanji buildup
>more backstory and his family shows up
>it's all backseat to Big Mom temper tantrums cause she got a boo boo and sad fat kid backstory
>Vinsmokes end up a total joke that fold at the first sign of trouble
>that fucking scene with Judge starts crying because he sucks so much
>the only cool thing Sanji did was backtalk his daddy who was already brutsing like a baby

Can't believe I expected anything decent to come out of Year of Sanji. The only good part of this arc was Capone and all he did was flub his plan and fuck off.

>The arc is way too long
This is every fucking one piece arc.

>a battle arc
Does it even have battle arcs, everything I've seen has been trash fights.

>4. The inclusion of this arc breaks the tension of the Kaido saga.
what

>DUDE CANDY LMAO
This is why I can't get into One Piece

Alot of what you just said can be condensed into the one problem facing many modern shonen.
Lack of tension.
No one dying, no one losing anything, no real stakes, no challenge of the status quo.
I still like this arc more than PH with the annoying kids and DR with fucking Rebecca and the tontatta .

>1. Big Mom is a boring villain.
Agree to a certain extent
>2. Big Mom Pirates are mostly incompetent.
Agree
>3. The arc is way too long for a rescue mission. It also doesn't have any major or a final battle in sight, and it's already over 50 chapters.
Should've been something between 40 to 50 chapter
>4. The inclusion of this arc breaks the tension of the Kaido saga.
Not necessarily, now Luffy has the experience of facing an Emperor, i won't be surprised if this comes into play at Wano
>5. Strawhats are having it easy.
Agree to a certain extent
>6. Vinsmokes were a waste of time, and poorly written overall.
Agree
>7. Carrot instead of Robin.
Disagree, Robin is a well known face because of her capacity to read poneglyphs, if BM caught her it would've been twice as bad
>8. Carrot and Chopper in general.
Disagree
>9. The fights are either offpaneled or won easily.
Disagree, is the fights were all shown this arc would've been much longer
>10. Sanji is acting dumb as fuck.
We've seen worst coming from Sanji
>11. Luffy vs Cracker was one of the worst fights I've read in the series.
Who wants to see an 11 hour fight?
>12. Unfunny Brook.
Brook is the MVP of this arc, fuck you
>13. Smoothie and Compote not doing shit.
Agree
>14. Perospero not killing the Vinsmokes.
Agree
>15. And finally Luffy escaping death for three times and still counting.
He is the MC, of course he will escape death you idiot

The real reason it's kind of a bad arc is because One Piece as a whole has been bad since a little before the timeskip. Oda completely lost his magic during the dumb rescue Ace arc, although it started before that. Focusing on huge zoomed out battles and splashes irreparably damaged his artwork and fucked up his cinematography and pacing.

In all honesty, the last arc that actually FELT like One Piece was Thriller Bark. It's just been downhill since then.

This arc seems way shorter than Dressrosa. Dressrosa took upwards of 2 years to get through

Being shorter than Dressrosa doesn't mean it's short.

>1. Big Mom is a boring villain.
>12. Unfunny Brook.
I could even agree with the rest of the post but these two points are too stupidly wrong to ignore

How can anyone actually like Big Mom? Goes apeshit when she doesn't get cake. Screams and cries when she gets a little scrape. She is literally just an obese womanchild.

The characters sucks and the fights are garbage. Sky island was better than this. Ouda has gone seriously downhill.

Somehow it still managed to be even more boring.

>Big Mom is a boring villain

You want Hody Jones back. Got it.

You are describing all One Pierce arcs after Chopper was hired.

I still don't get it. I absolutely loved the shit out of DB which was a huge inspiration, I adore HxH which started in the same timeslot and I don't dislike battle shonen, even when they feel generic. Adventure mangas are my absolute favourite genre.
Hence I am supposed to fucking love OP, why can't I care at all about it?

Lost your childlike wonder. You're too far gone.

One Piece went from adventure manga / battle shonen hybrid, to every arc starring ugly undeveloped characters you don't care about clusterfucking each other until Oda gets tired of drawing it and moves on to the next one.

This desu.

I still like Skypiea, Water Seven and the Marineford stuff but most of OP is just too fucking long.

We want our friend zoro.

Nobody cares about gay ass love cook.

This is exactly how I feel.
I love my DBZs, Narutos, HxHs, My Hero Academias, Jojos, but I can't stand One Piece, Fairy Tail, or Seven Deadly Sins

Whoever is responsible for this art: you suck. Stop drawing.

Reminder that the OG trio are the only Strawhats that matter

I liked the wedding/tea party but it's starting to suffer majorly from Dressrosa syndrome: waaaay too many characters that nobody gives a shit about.

I imagine Wano is probably going to be the same.

Cool shit taste bruh

Why do people do these long posts addressing every single thing the OP says?

Just say you disagree or call OP a faggot. Jeez.

Never liked One Piece so couldn't care less. A shit series is a shit series, who would've guessed?

>Faggot judges an arc before its even over

Is WCI the only arc you've read dude?

Why the katakuri dicksucking? He's done basically nothing and everyone jacks off when he comes on panel.

>He's done basically nothing
He hasn't jobbed yet and actually managed to temporarily secure an objective. So far he's the only one even keeping up with what has been happening. I'd give that honor more to Mort but that would be another case of "not doing anything".

Really her entire crew is horribly organized and it makes me wonder why the marines don't just send an admiral and task force to mop her up. White beard was a tank and his crew was not a joke. Kaido is supposed to be unkillable and will not hesitate to fight dirty with chemical weapons if Jack is any indication. Shanks showed up with 5 guys and stopped two sides from fighting.

What has BM done to distinguish herself as a yonkou? Beat up luffy?

well for one he destroyed ichji with no effort at all. he also immobilized big father, stopped luffy from smashing the photo and seemed to be ordering everyone around

Oh, I'm not praising BM at all. Fuck her whole shitty crew.
There's way too many of these fuckasses and not one of them is interesting, including Big Mom herself.

>mistaking Oda not understanding with you just being too stupid to comprehend a children's manga
Oda's intentions on all those points have been perfectly consistent if you actually paid attention

Because BM and her crew would stomp a single Admiral. What kind of stupid question is this?

yeah and BM is an even bigger tank than WB

>baby's first get
Why does One Piece have to have the one fag so gay he screencaps his own get.
I've literal never seen someone stoop to that level of faggotry and I've been here for years.

Is this the daily One Piece contrarian thread, or just a bunch of people shitposting about their minority opinions?

Huh.

probably both, only zorofags and kaidobabies dislike BM and this arc

(OP) (OP) (OP) (OP) (OP)
>Disliking The Bunny

>Send an admiral AND taskforce
Great reading comprehension.

>Luffy and his gang were able to "infiltrate" this far because BM wanted them to.
>Ambushes them the moment they make landfall on the main island.
Ok, that explains why it was so easy to get in.

>Reason Luffy wasn't killed by angry army is because orders were to take him alive
>This is so that BM could kill him personally after the wedding
Still ok, doesn't explain why Cracker was definitely trying to kill Luffy and his orders seem to reflect this. But things can change and maybe Sanji did have an effect with his pleas I can't say for certain.

>BM's crew being incompetent
Proven time and time again. Opera failed to report a security breach. Big Mom failed to react to an 11 hour fight between Luffy and Cracker with no intel from surrounding Homies which should have been worrying in the wake of Snack's death to Urogue. They are the worst assassins ever even when they have the drop on their targets because people like to posture instead of just shooting the Vinsmokes.

Their security is a joke, they never had Sanji under complete surveilance (a guy sleeping on the bed for christs sake with all homies outside) meanwhile they can put Judge and his crew under 24/7 watch from the walls to their eggs for breakfast.

Nah, Oda can't decide if BM is a joke or not.

Who the hell are you quoting?

Your post was trash but I read
>12. Unfunny Brook.
and had to post to tell you you're a fucking mong.

Was the 2 year time skip (a.k.a making the series in general more light hearted) a huge mistake?

How about you stop reading One Piece instead of reading every chapter and coming here to complain about it every week

My friends and I really like this arc and Big Mom.

Every arc in One Piece is garbage

yeah its too long