Why do so many anime suck at serious storytelling ?

Why do so many anime suck at serious storytelling ?

Sakurada Risetto suck in general.

Because whenever someone tries telling a compelling story, you fags shit all over it or nobody watches it or buys the BDs. So nips may as well churn out low effort shit like Konosuba that regurgitates the same jokes over and over, because that's all animefans want nowadays: memes.

>Believing that half of these shows even tried.

Its a commercialized form of media made for children and manchildren.

You want some serious storytelling then maybe go read a book or something?

Because serious is overrated. Lighthearted is where its at.

>implying books are serious media.

It's a meme because nobody actually likes reading only printed text filled with fancy words about how to describe a way someone drinks tea.

putting bahasoul in the same image as danmachi and clockwork whatever is both bait and a crime

>You want some serious storytelling then maybe go read a book or something?
The majority of books aren't "serious storytelling" either, they're just as much sloppy trash as anime. A lot of these "why does anime do this" or "why does Japan do this" questions are answered by "that's how everyone does it everywhere, you retard".

>C;C
>anime
Try reading the VN

Anime with a plot sucks because the writers are all hacks. That is why you should just watch CGDCT/SoL, and read a book if you want a decent plot.

You forgot to include hibike euphonium

Not all books are serious stories, but most serious stories are written down, not told via kawaii Japanese cartoons. Sorry.

The amount of good serious stories in TV/books/manga is far greater than anime.

You're overestimating books. All of them suffer from overly descriptive masturbation. They're the embodies forms of pretention.

>vividly describing surroundings in a non-visual medium is pretentious

Because:
a) anime has set episode limits. 11-13 just isn't enough for most shows.
b) they get constantly reworked in production- It's possible there were ideas that would better explain certain plot elements, but never got implemented because reasons.
c) anime writers suck. Plain and simple. There's a reason why Okada and Urobutcher are memes on the internet.

>Writing a whole paragraph to describe every single thing down to the speck of dirt.

No wonder "real" books appeal to autism lords. Nobody with actual time of value would deal with this shit.

>There's a reason why Okada and Urobutcher are memes on the internet.
Because Sup Forums is filled with idiots who watch anime for hot girls?

So you are saying that books are for nerds and the reason for not liking books is ADHD.

But what if the prose is good?

I'm also a firm believer in Sturgeon's Law.

No, I'm saying they are impractical to the average working person who has to work at a minimum 8 hours. Who the fuck has time for that? At least visual media doesn't take up hours of your time to gain maximum enjoyment. Also, despite the memery that "books make you smarter," you're actually killing productivity by just moving your eyeballs around text. There are hundreds of other reasons why reading as a hobby is dying all over. E-books aren't saving it.

I prefer if you actually just get to the point of what you're talking about.

Anime isn't any worse than western tv or movies like game of thrones and marvel that normalfags eat up.

When I was younger I read at a 300pages/hour pace, now I am at about 200-250.
That is at most 4 hours for one book.

And hear I thought I read too fast.
How the fuck do you comprehend anything while reading at that speed?

Then just read with the spare time you have and you will finish a book eventually. I don't get what you are saying. You get faster at reading eventually, and there are a ton of short format books. Reading isn't bad just because it personally takes you a long time.

>Re:CREATORS
I feel sorry for you ADD-kun. It must be the worst 20 minutes of your life when the characters don't go pew-pew on the screen.

>hear
And apparently I can't spell either.

But reading is the fastest way to learn the language and expand your vocab.

See how I know you're murrican.

This. I don't read much myself these days, but just because you can't personally find the time for it doesn't mean that's a general problem with the experience, it just means you have different priorities.

4 hours of sitting on your ass. You must feel so accomplished with yourself.

The world is getting busier and busier. Reading books at break isn't any more feasible as it is knitting. Hence why people just read short articles on their phones at most. You don't see people reading War and Peace on the train let alone Da Vinci Code anymore.

We're talking about reading for pleasure, retard. You don't actively learn for fun.

I am more upset about constant infodumps, exposition, and a plot that has gone nowhere than anything. It is a show that has no subtlety in a bad way. Shows with a lot of talking can be fine, honestly. I would take Katangatari over that trash any day.

>Sup Forumsnons defending /lit/

What's funny is that the feeling is not mutual.

That sounds more like your own problem if anything. It's very easy to read actual books, manga, or VNs in your spare time.

>You must feel so accomplished with yourself.
Get over yourself user. You're arguing one way of sitting on your ass over another and say some shit like this? Come on.

You mean you want edgy moodmasters who eat half of the words they mean to say so you can fawn over how deep the trash you are watching?

>you don't actively learn for fun
burger public schools, everyone.

>You don't actively learn for fun
t. sub-100 IQ scum

Holy shit, are you mentally daft? The whole argument concerns "real" books: hard novels with no pictures. At. All. The ones with a thousand pages of nothing but self-masturbatory narrative. Not manga. Not VN's. Not anything with cute girl images. Get that through your shit noggin.

>Actively spends his spare time watching anime, reading manga, and browsing Sup Forums
>Lol you are wasting your time by reading
K

Since when did Re:Creators tried to be serious? It's making fun of itself 24/7

I don't see why they would be so different. Getting through a decently sized manga series or any substantial VN takes a lot of time as well. I don't see how pictures change that greatly.

I am enjoying it.
Risetto.

I highly doubt I'm conversing with mensa applicants on a cartoon image board so pot calling kettle nigger at play here.

>You don't actively learn for fun.

Because they rely on visual senses which are easier to process than just plain words on paper. Goddamn, and you fucking retards think I have the lower IQ on the spectrum.

Wew fuck off, you pathetic excuse for a human. I bet your tiny brain can't even process information in a different form than cartoons for 10 year olds. Fucking disgusting.

Not really. It's just that so many of the scenes in Re: Creators are pointless which ultimately create a boring show.

this

>reading is shit and overrated
>why?
>because I say so

Great argument

There's no action in it for four episodes now so gotte put that one up there

Recap episode is the only time it did. Stop thinking the threads on Sup Forums represent the show

And I bet you feel like a proud intellectual just because you read a thousand page tome by a depressed hack from 200 years back. Get over yourself.

>even if it's just as time consuming, reading sucks because it's harder
This is literally what you're saying.

>The world is getting busier and busier. Reading books at break isn't any more feasible as it is knitting. Hence why people just read short articles on their phones at most. You don't see people reading War and Peace on the train let alone Da Vinci Code anymore.
Why should this have ANY influence whatsoever on what I do for fun?

>4 hours of sitting on your ass. You must feel so accomplished with yourself.
Better than wasting yout time arguing here.

Cool post, 50IQ-kun, thanks for your input.

>anime and manga are shit
>why?
>because I'm a self-hating faggot and saying this on an anime imageboard makes me look cool

Reminder that the idiots who feel proud reading are pretentious pseudo intellectuals who read stuff from lists of "smart" literature to make themselves appear well versed.

>only books have serious storytelling
What a pretentious faggot

I dunno. Why do you fags keep saying that books are the only "serious medium?"

No, I'm saying it's a complete waste of time when most books can't get to the point. And you morons complain about anime not getting anywhere. Kek. Books have it much, much worse.

But no one is saying the anime and manga are shit here.

Easier to process =/= more fun.

What sort of projection is this? Nobody's saying that. People can have multiple interests you know.

>Why do you fags keep saying that books are the only "serious medium?"
Point to the post that claimed it

>Re:Creator Defense Force in full damage control
Awful show, poorly planned out!

See
>read a book if you want a decent plot.

>Not all books are serious stories, but most serious stories are written down, not told via kawaii Japanese cartoons.
It's not like comics and cartoons have only existed in their current form for about one century while books have been around for thousands of years or anything.

Okay so a couple of spergs, my bad. But it spiraled out of control when this autist decided that his brilliant counterpoint was that reading actually sucks. Now a bunch of people are jumping in in defense of another thing they like, despite also probably like anime and manga. Get it?

Gee that's 'murica for you, lads. Some brainlet fag goes:
>reading is time consuming
>even if I spend my time literally arguing on 4chin reading is hard
>I have double digits IQ so I can't comprehend anything without le kawaii pictures
>reading is just pretentious
>lel idiots nobody learns for fun wtf xd
>I have an attention spawn of a rock, how can you read just hundreds of pages of TEXT?!

Just end yourself already, you're brain dead anyway.

Fuck, I bet if they had the knowledge and technology to create cute little girls in books then, they would've totally jumped on the idea. Lolita was just a precursor of things to come.

You don't get to say shit when you resort to greentexting for your arguments, /lit/shit.

>visual sense are easier to process than just plain words on paper
words->imagination->pictures

words *can* evoke an atmosphere more effectively than pictures:
>Here you see that indestructible furniture never met with elsewhere, which finds its way into lodging-houses much as the wrecks of our civilization drift into hospitals for incurables. You expect in such places as these to find the weather-house whence a Capuchin issues on wet days; you look to find the execrable engravings which spoil your appetite, framed every one in a black varnished frame, with a gilt beading round it; you know the sort of tortoise-shell clock-case, inlaid with brass; the green stove, the Argand lamps, covered with oil and dust, have met your eyes before. The oilcloth which covers the long table is so greasy that a waggish externe will write his name on the surface, using his thumb-nail as a style. The chairs are broken-down invalids; the wretched little hempen mats slip away from under your feet without slipping away for good; and finally, the foot-warmers are miserable wrecks, hingeless, charred, broken away about the holes. It would be impossible to give an idea of the old, rotten, shaky, cranky, worm-eaten, halt, maimed, one-eyed, rickety, and ramshackle condition of the furniture without an exhaustive description, which would delay the progress of the story to an extent that impatient people would not pardon. The red tiles of the floor are full of depressions brought about by scouring and periodical renewings of color. In short, there is no illusory grace left to the poverty that reigns here; it is dire, parsimonious, concentrated, threadbare poverty; as yet it has not sunk into the mire, it is only splashed by it, and though not in rags as yet, its clothing is ready to drop to pieces.

>The world is getting busier and busier. Reading books at break isn't any more feasible as it is knitting. Hence why people just read short articles on their phones at most. You don't see people reading War and Peace on the train let alone Da Vinci Code anymore.
People also play mobage or stream everything on their phone because it's more convenient. Doesn't mean it's superior to PC/TV

>literally zero argument again
>if you read books you're /lit/shit
Sasuga, brainlet-kun, great way to show off your 50IQ.

>putting the idiot boxes on a pedestal

Now that's where you fucked up.

>hack had to tldr his poorly written description
top kek at least he is self aware

I feel bad for that brainlet-kun. I guess in 'murica people don't read war and peace in trains.

Because Japan doesn't understand story structure.

People who read books to be enlightened and feel smart are the real brainlets. No one who is actually smart these days got time for thats hit, you can bet these people are one of the following:

>fat loser NEET with lots of time on his hands
>loser doing some dead end job
>teenager doing some worthless degree
>retired (only option that is acceptable)

But books are basically idiot boxes too judging by the argument here

More like idiot pamphlets.

Pic related, a carpet cleaner genius with an IQ of 3000.

Should've managed your time better if you're so smart.

This. I love how faggots that always become these "anti-weeb" types eat up a whole bunch of shit just because it isn't anime or it's anime without cute girls. They come across as some of the most annoyingly insecure people and their tastes aren't much better than the ones they criticize either, just bad for different reasons.

>conversations dead
>reiterates the same thing that he's been saying throughout the thread to get more (you)s
Ah, so it's bait then. Job well done, I mean it.. Gave it away with this though.

Wow, you flatter me user.

You're all reading right now. Care to explain yourself?

I don't have time for that, I have a text-to-speech bot read the thread for me with a cute anime voice while I work at my six-figure job for smart people only.

This. Everyone "wastes their time" and "sits on their ass all day" with media they like according to society anyways. It's honestly not bad for to engross yourself in arts and media that interests you, whether it be anime or books. As long as you don't obsess over it to the point where's it's all you do and you aren't simply doing it because it's habitual, you should be fine. A lot of these people who complain about other mediums and the people who like them (usually dumbass youtubers or media journos who cherrypick the worst kind of fans of the medium) seem very ignorant of the media they are criticizing. There's always going to be dumbass weeaboos who watch the worst shit and clamor for "Japanese superiority", as well as pretentious book snobs who think The Great Gatsby is the best piece of English literature. But just because those people exist doesn't mean there aren't people who are relatively calm with their interests, enjoy it, and keep it to themselves for the most part.

Three best shows on this image are: Game company making original story based on their less successful mobage because they're swimming in money and are bored but don't really care, sunrise going full shota/homo pandering in their regular toy commercial and adaptation of LN co-created by huehue about world made entire out of gears were MC take an android as bride and another one as a daughter. I hope this answered your question.

The last part, it's a bit true.

That's not anime fans, that's the entire millennial internet.

You sound like a faggot who's only read the lord of the flies and think all books are like that.

>There's a reason why Okada and Urobutcher are memes on the internet.
Urobutcher became a meme because people liked him, though.

>Clockwork planet
>serious

The first episode has a girl dropping from the sky for no reason on MC's house right after he said that he wanted a girl to drop from the sky and finger sucking

>pointless

Please point them out because so far there has been almost no pointless scenes.
Just because you thought they were boring doesn't make them pointless.