Fate Stay Night

I just finished the Studio Deen series. I'm planning to read the whole VN before moving on to UBW.

I've read everywhere that:

1. The VN is way better than the series and you have to read it before watching them. I agree, since it explains many more things than the series, which I found pretty messy.

2. The Studio Deen series is the worse made in terms of adaptation, design, etc.

The thing is, despite of that, I loved the series and have to ask this:

Why the fuck did it have to end that sadly?

What is the route of your preference/hold as to be the 'true' one?

Do you have any idea if there's gonna be any upcoming series/sequels apart from the series adaption for Heaven's Feel and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia that may develop the relationship between Saber and Shirou (I don't even know if those two do)?

>Why the fuck did it have to end that sadly?
It's the way it ends. Hollow Ataraxia expands on the ending with Continuation of the Dream.

>What is the route of your preference/hold as to be the 'true' one?
Honestly? Even if I enjoyed the Fate route just I think UBW works the best for me. Shirou and Rin being co-protagonists works really well, but sadly Archer gets shafted quite a lot. Wish he had more interactions with everyone.

>Do you have any idea if there's gonna be any upcoming series/sequels apart from the series adaption for Heaven's Feel and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia that may develop the relationship between Saber and Shirou (I don't even know if those two do)?

Only tons and tons of spinoffs, sadly.

Finish the VN and you'll get a not so sad continuation of Fate

Is it true that Archer is Shirou's heroic ghost? I actually can't explain it since Shirou is still not dead and, as far as I know, ghosts belong to famous heroes, while Shirou still isn't one.

Do you really want to get spoiled?

Yep, I've heard something like that. They could've included that as the ending in the Deen series.

Shhh. Seiba is sleeping.

>I just finished the Studio Deen series
> I'm planning to read the whole VN
Why watch the Deen anime if you were planning on reading the VN?

>1. The VN is way better than the series and you have to read it before watching them. I agree, since it explains many more things than the series, which I found pretty messy.
Sure, be warned that Fate route(what you just watched) is awful in the VN, it's basically exposition + exposition + exposition + exposition. It has serious pacing problems and padding.

>2. The Studio Deen series is the worse made in terms of adaptation, design, etc.
In terms of visuals is the worst, it's old and when the series wasn't popular(it became really popular after it) but the OST is better than any other Fate anime so far and the atmosphere of the story is nailed very well something UBW has not because suddenly characters start throwing giant nukes in the secret war that nobody's supposed to know, they basically made it into a blockbuster. 2006 anime suffers from adapting the worst route that's why Nasu was happy when they decided to add anime original fights after the Berserker one, seriously the VN gets tedious after that, super boring.

But about it being messy, to be honest I found it quite a lot less messier than for example the Ufotable UBW anime. It cut so much from the novel that it made no sense at times, Shirou is supposed to be a lot less retarded in UBW yet the anime made him even more unlikeable.

>The thing is, despite of that, I loved the series
This is normal, like I said above this anime made Fate popular so you can imagine it was quite popular and in fact it sold extremely well, everyone loved it until retards started spouting memes about it, even on Sup Forums people loved it but then it just became a meme to hate it.

Nowadays reddit and MAL recommend people to just start by F/Z, go straight to UBW and skip the 2006 anime so a lot of newfags do that and then don't understand anything about Fate.

There won't be a new series that develops that relationship.

Kill yourself.

I want to read the VN now because I found out it's better than the series, which I liked a lot.

It was a friend of mine who told me about the series, without having any idea that other series or the visual novel even existed. I found out later on.

Thanks for the thorough answer.

About the pic, I never gave it that much tought, but it makes more sense now.

My advice is to finish the VN first before making this kind of thread, otherwise you'll get spoiled

Yep, you're right. It's just that's long, although I'm enjoying it a lotbut, at the same time it's like I can't wait to see what happens! Arg!

Was that from Fate route? I must have missed that

Why does everyone say the sex scenes are terribly written? They're perfectly serviceable.
What were they expecting, fucking Pynchon?

>Why does everyone say the sex scenes are terribly written? They're perfectly serviceable. What were they expecting, fucking Pynchon?
I can only assume that you have never actually read Gravity's Rainbow and are just parroting fragments of things which you read on /lit/. There is an extremely graphic sex scene in Gravity's Rainbow in which a woman shits into a man's mouth as part of some BDSM nonsense. That is the kind of sex scene that Pynchon is prone to writing.

I'm well aware of the shit that goes on in Gravity's Rainbow
His prose is insane though, that's my point.
Most people can't do the kenosha kid

It's from f/ha the fandisc.

>be warned that Fate route(what you just watched) is awful in the VN, it's basically exposition + exposition + exposition + exposition. It has serious pacing problems and padding.
Awful is a pretty strong word. It's certainly the weakest of the three and it does have pacing issues, but it's still not a bad story.

agreed, it's bad in comparison to the others but overall it's still good and the most romantic I felt

>GUUZEN JA NAI
>FUTARI DEAETA NO WA
I miss Tainaka Sachi singing Fate theme songs.

That's because the Deen animu aired a few years before Realta Nua got released, the original release didn't have that portion.