Haruhi is shit!

Haruhi is shit!
SHIT!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are these threads an attempt at reverse psychology?

No since everything relates to the series is bad. I'm glad that no one recommends this trash anymore.

(You) a shit

She is, that's what makes her so entertaining to watch.

Your phoneposting threads are shit, Haruhi is the greatest

then why does God Knows... almost have 60 mil view now

>59 million in 8 years
Wow, how impressive. Gurren no Yumiya has 51 million in 4 years. The Tokyo Ghoul op had 45 million before it was removed like 2-3 years ago. Zen zen zense has 143 million in 1 year. If people actually gave a shit about this series it'd have way more.

>in 8 years
>Haruhi aired 11 years ago
The first 3 years of views were on other uploads.

Regardless of how you feel about it, Haruhi was one of the most successful series of the 2000s. Almost nothing comes close.

No one remembers it for a reason. The dark ages of anime. Stop thinking YouTube views of one song mean anything, it's just an anime song that's on a lot of generic anime playlists.

not sure if bait or not but just to give you an overview from the 2000s:
Clannad, Bokurano, Gintama, pretty much every successful Ghibli movie, FMA BH, Hajime no Ippo, Mushishi, GTO, Death Note, Monster, Kara no Kyoukai movies, TTGL, Hellsing Ultimate, Rebuild of Evangelion, Samurai Champloo, Fate/stay night, Ghost in the Shell: SA Complex, Welcome to NHK, Bakemonogatari.
I didn't even mention Bleach, Naruto, Naruto Shippuuden, Fairy Tail or One Piece.
Talking about success, Suzumiya Haruhi is just a generic anime out of the 2000s

Who cares if they don't follow up.

Outside of the big three and like two or three of these, nothing comes close in terms of success and sales.

This was a thing. youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE

i'm not sure if youre retarded or your want me to trigger really hard. i never said it wasnt successful. i just said in the 2000s anime boomed really hard bc there were so many good shows and anime became a thing in the west. I'm just saying Haruhi is just one of those anime, which were on the hype train and have bandwagons of fans just like anything else that was released in the 2000s. Get over it, Haruhi was successful but wasnt the most successful let alone the best anime released in that decade. Call the big 3 + Fairy Tail + Detective Conan + Pokemon + Digimon + Yu-Gi-Oh S - tier and then comes the A- tier like Evangelion, Ghibli, FMA, Ghost in the Shell and Haruhi. Success is related to profit and money and i'm pretty sure everything in S- tier and even some in A- tier made more money than Haruhi.

>trigger
Now you're just being silly.

Conan, Yugioh and other series like that are still ongoing, but do they sell 90k+ with a single volume? I never checked the numbers so I'm actually curious about this, but it seems unlikely. They do make money with merch so it's not the greatest way to compare them but if you have a better one I'm all ears.

The LN set a sales record iirc. Since then I think Railgun sold more but because it has a lot more books too.
And pic related.

>7.5. million dollars
Wow that shit bombed.

>it's one of the most succesful from it's decade
>no it's not, here's a list of a dozen outs of hundreds shows where some are even more forgotten that demostrates Haruhi is actually generic
I'd call you brain dead, but it'd be an actual insult to whoever suffers that condition. Just take a gun to your mouth and make it easier to the world.

we're on Sup Forums
go back to /lit/ if you wanna talk about light novels. also you cant compare manga/anime to LN. manga get released weekly if they're very popular. Its physically impossible to release just one chapter of a volume in a LN. there's no medium for that except the internet. i dont know how long a a single LN volume is and how much content it is compared to a manga but i'm pretty sure manga make generally more money when put head to head even if its Suzumiya Haruhi.
I kinda get the feeling youre butthurt and try to switch the subject. we're still talking about success. personal preference and opinions shouldnt be considered here.
also your picture literally proves me right. Bleach has 4 movies, 366 episodes and 500+ chapter which generated probably 50 times more money.

also Colorful is in $ and not in yen

Who do you think you're convincing by going "nuh hu, I'm right you're wrong"? Haruhi was hugely popular you're denial of that doesn't change this.

>Light Novel doesn't count and manga make more money anyway
What the fuck is that comparison even supposed to be? Next time you'll compare anime to US cartoon to say it flopped because US shit makes more money.

>Bleach made more money with more episodes
And Disappearance (one movie) made more money than Bleach with one movie. If you throw a ball 10 times and score 9 times, you're better than the guy who throws 100 times and score 50 times.

Anyway, this discussion is leading nowhere and at this point you're just spouting some random criteria. Talking about butthurt and triggers makes me suspect you're underage, so I'm not going to waste anymore time entertaining you, like a reasonable human being should do I guess. I don't care whether or not Haruhi was top 5, 10 or even 50 in terms of 2000s sales/success, and neither should anyone worthy enough to discuss with.

Who gives a shit if it was, now it isn't.

>recommending anime
>at all

Who gives a shit about popularity, past or present? It doesn't take or give anything from a story. You don't need to seek validation from the public or sales, unless you're that insecure.

I don't see the argument you're trying to make. Just because it's fallen out of the public eye doesn't mean it's "shit".
Haruhi is still a great series to many.

>Haruhi is still a great series to many
That's not really true. Whenever people ask for recs (not just on Sup Forums) in the spots where Haruhi used to be something else generally fills the place (akin to someone saying that they like some shonen, what are other good anime and being recommend mostly shonen and then Haruhi/the new thing as an extra if they wanna try a new genre).
There's also the situation of MAL (which I realize is a bad platform to base exact quality off of but I feel this has more merit) where the scores for the series have been plummeting as of recently. Disappearance down .4 from peak, the novels down .3, the first season down .75 from peak (and dropped .2 within the last year or so) alongside dropping further and further down the popularity ladder (soon to be overtaken by highschool dxd and chuuni, already beaten by hataraku maou sama).
The series is more or less dead in the water. I've seen many people saying that the series has no character development or that the characters are bad/boring or that nothing happens and this is a very recent thing.

So? Why are we even having this discussion? Why do you care?

>asking for recs
>MAL
Never fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.

Haruhi is still a generation's babby's first anime, both in Japan and in the west, and it still had a huge impact on the anime industry in terms of LN adaptions.

Also, Haruhi is a great series.

You're trying too hard dude. If you dislike something, at least give your own opinion. Do not look for fucking MAL's approval, especially if you don't have it.
Enjoy your shit taste if you want, Haruhi is still great and Disappearance is a masterpiece.

Did Kyon ever fug Haruhi?

Was it rape?

then tell me why Haruhi literally gets rebroadcasted in Japan every year in syndication?

This is the first year that has happened.

Watching Kyon sperg out (this scene especially) was extremely painful.