Finland's Education

Today one of my liberal douche professors decided to give us a lesson on why America sucks and other countries are better
He showed us this documentary by Michael Moore
youtube.com/watch?v=5OvVPg3y_ug

Aside from how shitty it is, I'd like a Fin's perspective. Is this meme true? Is Finnish education *truly* the best? Do you agree with this documentary?

No.

elaborate

Finland has one of the highest ranking school systems in the world because everyone else has such reprehensible garbage school systems that it makes the joke that is Finnish public education look good.

All compulsory public school systems are dumbed down for the biggest retards around at the time so that they can pass, and Finns are no exception. However, countries like America have much bigger retards than Finland, so there's no way in hell USA could ever compete when it comes to public education. They'd first need to remove the dumbest motherfuckers from school and adjust the programs for more intelligent people.

what about the no-homework meme. Does it work?

Of course it works, homework is boring as shit. If you want a kid to hate school more than they already do, give them boring ass homework.

The more you make a kid think about public education, the more they'll hate learning. Public education is what kills the innate desire of all humans to learn new things, that's how boring it is.

i agree

Well in many ways it's better on average than the US system, though teachers (especially females) can be huge psychos. One of my religion teacher (yes we have mandatory religion classes) was one such psycho. Male teachers tend to be cool.

High school is supposedly "free" but you pay up the ass for schoolbooks and i think that from now on thanks to the new education reform, they changed all books and students had to buy new books instead of buying used. You know what the best part is? The new school books teach the same thing as the old.

While we are not on Sweden level of cucked, children are taught about homosexuals and gay couples starting from grade 3 thanks to the new reform. But overall things are ok for now. You'll see most schoolkids drinking energy drinks in secret during break times and shouting nigger or faggot to each other. Also no one wants to learn Swedish and everyone knows that Sweden is a gay country

And that's pretty much it. Sorry for the reddit spacing. Feel free to ask me anything about Finland and our school system

same question.

How do you rate the education itself? Do you think you are better prepared than, say, a german, or an american when you come out of the education system?

>have no blacks
>have high national results in schools
what a fuckin surprise

The problem is, while this is true, it's hard to know what they gauge this by.
According to this documentary, standardized tests really aren't a thing in that country

So for all I know, the rating could be entirely arbitrary

fuck michael moore. ask him why its ok that whites in south africa are being openly discriminated against despite being a minority of 8%

Finland actually often fights for first with Korea. Korea is extremely conservative and despite what us media says a lot of Koreans support trump. They have 14 hour schools days 6 days a week. And teachers still hit you with a ruler if you fall asleep. Also professors are one of the most respect jobs in Korea

alaikäne

Not true. My cousin started first grade this year and they do have tests and homework

Get the psycho teachers out and actually start pushing students a bit to receive better grades. The way i see it is that students are taught not to care that much about their grades and in some schools, mainly in the south, pupils are forbidden from like saying that they have done all of their work or that they have gotten a good grade on a test, because "that would make those with bad grades feel bad" while at the same time no one stimulates those with bad grades to get good grades

Just näin

i'm just basing my assumptions off of this documentary from michael moore

if u haven't already, watch it and tell me how accurate it is.

Also if students aren't urged to get good grades or test scores, how do they learn anything? how is this good?

The only school systems that matter are graduate level, not to mention the amount of dumbass mutts and niggers in the US, you'd be throwing money away.

They don't go to high school that way, but to Professional school (ammattikoulu). Getting in is easier than anything, they do nothing all day and then go to some shit paying job

During my time all the niggers and goatfuckers were placed in special-ed classes for various reasons. Mainly for being low IQ retards with an attitude problem. Their presence must have redpilled lot of students.

where do u think the statistic that finland has the best education comes from then?

Do you guys remember in middle school or high school when you had to take some state-issued exam but were told it doesn't count at all toward your grades? Remember how you half-assed it because you were annoyed that you needed to take this long test and you were tired and wanted to go home?

Right. That's the test that they're using to compare the proficiencies of various nations. This is also why you find that some Black inner-city schools have 0% literacy rates. No, it's not because they are actually illiterate. It's because not a single student gave a fuck about the state-issued exam, and the teachers have a hard enough time getting students not to shoot each other and can't be bothered to make them take a COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT exam.

so uh.. so why do some people seem to care more about doing good on it than others?

Funny how slightly after 1965 when the Great Mud Tide started finding it's way into our country we see a decrease in "education quality".

Turns out low iq shithollers do bad in school, who would have guessed?

Because nations, and even communities within nations, have starkly differing attitudes regarding obedience and "groupthink" (for lack of a better term). They also organize the control of educational facilities in different ways.

If a community or school instills the value of "obedience" and "always listening to the teacher", instead of individualism (America is high in individualism), then the students will just be more likely to give the test their all -- because they have been conditioned to do so regardless of result. However, if the culture of your school or community is that every act must have a meaning (e.g., we are learning y in order for x which will help you become z), then when you realize the test has no tangible result you're not going to care about it. Because you were conditioned to look for action-result relationships, instead of obedience-action relationships.

I actually cannot imagine a Japanese classroom not giving a test 100% of their energy, from everything I've seen and read about education in Japan. It's just that heavy in obedience to authority and the group. Whereas I have memories of kids not giving a shit about the test in America -- even the smart ones were trolling with answers, I can't even imagine what it's like in the inner-cities.

Also, sort of an irrelevant example, but the best one I can think of for America. There's a documentary on Youtube that shows a bunch of 18-year-old Amish kids travelling to New York to understand their culture. They were amazed that kids spent any time at all playing video-games and actually found them incredibly boring. In fact, every form of entertainment they did in NYC was boring to them, because Amish children work almost every day for 8 hours a day starting at a young age. These 18 year olds were conditioned to always be doing "something" in their free time that would help the community, and one of the girls lamented the fact that there was nothing to clean and no dishes to be done.

Irrelevant to education, but shows just how strong culture can be on kids' daily lives

Well, not surprisingly it gives pretty rose-colored picture. There is no doubt that this system work effectively producing mediocrity in basic levels of education. I remember doing jack-shit from junior high to high school, and still get good grades.
For past 20 years the university system has been completely watered down, where to point is just to produce maximum graduate rates. Huge admission numbers, low standards

i mean smart kids enjoy mental stimulation. i remember doing well on those tests just because it felt good to use my brain. that's basically how it was: the retards didn't try because they have no brain to stimulate, and the smart kids tried because it feels good

Did you tell him it's because all of those better countries are 95% white and America is only 56% white?

i did in fact, however there's obviously something else in this equation i must be missing, therefore me asking actual fins

If it's anything from Michael Moore take it with a mountain of salt, that fat fuck is the perfect embodiment of the hypocritical libwad.
We were told that it dictated school funding. The worst part is that it could have actually bene true because of the bullshit Corbett did to this state. I've never seen the most conservative and liberal people bash one person in near perfect unity.