Kaiji

Is this the undisputed greatest moment in anime history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4SGBX3xKwFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Human Derby >*

How many episodes of screaming and despair did it take to get to that point?

>inb4 someone complains about the arc being too slow
i can only understand this if you watched kaiji as it was airing. that would truthfully be painful.

Way too much time on the setup, yet even RPS was more suspenseful.

No, minefield mahjong is.

15-25 then 26 was the epilogue

>anime

Yes, and one day this will be the new greatest moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=4SGBX3xKwFo

I binged the season in two or three days and I was so hooked. But I can't imagine what it must've been like waiting a whole week for a new episode. It must've been true torture, yet maybe the conclusion would've been that much more orgasmic just because you waited months for that ball to go through that hole.

Is the One Poker arc finished yet? Last chapter I read was when Kaiji was given an extra life from the drawer, but now I see there's about 30 new chapters for me to read

Also new Zero manga when?

Why does pachinko have to ruin everything?

Bog was still GOAT, it's a great pleb filter

It's almost over in Japan, but the translations are 86 chapters behind.

Anyone keeping up with the raws? The latest chapter had some pretty exciting new info about Kazuya. Apparently he has a big brother

So there's 86 chapters AND those 30 chapters I haven't read yet? Jesus Christ this gamble is taking longer than I ever would've thought.

Probably the only time I came as hard was when watching the ending of endless eight.

balls

lmao

Pachinko arc was a mistake, what a shame considering the prison arc was the best part of the anime up till then.

That's the problem with Kaiji. If you don't like the gamble going on at the moment you need to wait two years for the next one.
I enjoy One Poker but that salvation game dragged on for far too long. There were some good bits like Kazuya's backstory and his personal beliefs clashing with Kaiji's but for the rest it was just endless chapters of three dudes wearing helmets.

Why is he so best?

Kaiji does villains quite well, Ichijo and Kazuya are great.

I liked the Pachinko Arc, but the Prison Arc was also great and had some fantastic moments.
>Sit the fuck down.

So, is he going to win and humiliate Hyodo or not?

TITLED THE BUILDING has to be one of the most hype moments. The sheer desperation of the gamble, the reality of Kaiji's misery, everything makes it a colossal surge in hope and courage.

After watching this I dreamed about pachinko all night long.
Suffered as much as Kaiji.

HOLY SHIT

I hope this is thr final arc. Kaijimgets his friends and money while driving to sunset

Actually, the way the story's going now I'd be surprised if we see the final showdown between Kaiji and Hyodo any time soon.

If have a legit fear that FKMT will die before finishing Kaiji and Zero. The man's 58 and he keeps alternating between his several long-running manga, and appears to move away from the main story/build up for the finale a lot.
The entirety of Zero (Part 2), while great, did absolutely nothing to further the story. Only in the very last chapter do we get back on track.

I still wanna know how they managed to fill water bags in the building without having anyone notice.

Hopefully they'll keep up the current double-release schedule they have going. Maybe we'll catch up to the nips some day.

I did and still liked it. Goddamn if i wasn't yelling at my screen every week.

At least he's finishing Akagi.

Did chapter 299 release yet?

This

Close the door nigga

Part 3 is probably my favorite part. I love how methodically it builds tension. You start with Kaiji thinking he's going to make some easy money by helping his friends scam a low-level conman and then it slowly piles on the firewood: his friends are working with the conman, the conman is very smart, and the guy who's been fronting him money is fully prepared to take his body parts as payment. It used a very restricted setting and character gallery (there's effectively only 5 actors and two locations in the arc) to maximum effect.

Also Kaiji acting like a total douchebag after he won was the best.

Part 3 is underrated. It's a bit like the Bog and maybe FKMT's most threatening gamble. The chapter where Kaiji finds out the truth is fucking terrifying, and from that point it only gets deeper. Kaiji also gets fantastic characterization in that part, really good stuff.

There will never ever be another FKMT anime adaptation.

I really ought to go back and read Part 3. I skipped it and started reading Part 4 instead because I know jack shit about Mahjong.
People keep saying that you don't need to know about Mahjong to enjoy it since they're playing a completely different twist of the game, but I kept getting confused by the terminology and eventually gave up.
I just think the awesome moments would just fly over my head because I have no idea what's going on.

FuckinĀ“Kaiji is great. The protagonist is so likeable despite his flaws

Why though? Did Kaiji and Akagi not sell well enough?

You should probably be lynched as punishment for skipping an entire section of a story instead.

AKUUUUUUMA
AKUUUUUUUUUUMAAAAAA
AAAAAAAKUUUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAA

Akagi sold fine,I believe.An adaptation would be near impossible due to the pacing(2 decade long mahjong game).
Kaiji on the other hand was a flop.The first season sold poorly,and the second season was created solely to advertise the live-action Kaji movie.The third season is a pachinko machine.

Wasn't the composer for Kaiji arrested for weed as well?

Is there any other mahjong manga that comes closer to Akagi and Ten?

Oh yeah,that too.What a shame too,Kaiji has one of the best soundtracks of all time.

>kurosawa anime never ever

>Kazuya presses the button
>Net all the way on the side 0% chance of survival
>8 chapters of yelling about ideology with Kaiji while hanging upside down
>Finally falls
>Doors open
>"It is I, Hyoudou Kazutaka of the Teiai Group. What are you niggers doing in h-"
>Splat
>"Nooo my bouncing baby boy, Kaiji you will not sleep until either you die or my empire falls apart."

Watch Akagi, you'll know enough about Mahjong after that. It's just a game where you draw tiles from your walls and try to make a winning combination with 14 of them (pairs, suits, brelan)
Don't focus on the fancy japanese words that describe these combinations, there are way too many and you don't need to know about them. Don't focus on the japanese words that describe the value of these hands, it's always something like Bai Man, Hane Man, etc. You don't need to know that.

Every turn you draw a new tile that you can add to your combination, but you also have to discard one so your total number of tiles is always 13 after your turn. You win when you have your 14 tiles combination. Your goal is to discard the useless tiles and keep the good ones to get a 13 tiles hand that only needs another tile to be complete (that's called Tenpai)

Once you're in Tenpai :
-You can win by Ron (winning when someone else discards your winning tile, the one you need to complete the combination). In that case, the player who discarded it will pay you a lot.
-You can win by Tsumo (drawing the exact tile you need to finish the combination). Everyone pays up.
-Before a Ron or a Tsumo, you can call Riichi, which means you can't change your hand anymore and you will discard every tile you draw, even if you KNOW someone else is waiting for it and will Ron you with it. The bonus of Riichi is that it adds value to your hand which can make some weak combinations valid for a Ron/Tsumo win (they wouldn't without Riichi). Your hand is now worth more points (money). It also makes everyone else piss their pants because holy shit, someone else called Riichi, he only needs one more tile (therefore he's in Tenpai).

Also there's a dealer role which changes every turn and he pays double but wins double or something, I'm not sure. But who cares.

In Kaiji it's a bit different. Cont.

This

In Kaiji both player start with 30 tiles iirc. They take 13 of these tiles to get to Tenpai (only need one more tile to win) and the remaining 17 are left for them to discard.

At each turn, they discard one of their 17 tiles, hoping. If it's the other player's winning tile, then you lost. Easy as that. After 17 turns, it's a draw and they start again. The fun part is the cheating.

hoping it's not the bad one*

Now read Kaiji, nigger.

Yep. I think he gets out in a couple of years. Such a shame though, his work is brilliant, even outside of Kaiji and Death Note. I hope he'll be able to do more music for anime and not get his career fucked over because people don't want to be associated with people who've been in jail.

Drug stigma is fucked in Japan.The VA from Kill Me Baby that got busted with drugs had her name bleached from the official website and Amazon Video page for the show despite not even being arrested.

Yeah, I watched the entire season in two days. One of the my best anime viewing experiences. Such a thrilling anime.

>maybe the conclusion would've been that much more orgasmic
It felt like an endless ejaculation.

>this psa
FKMT just made this to make fun of the arrested guy didn't he

Any news of a new season?

Must play pachinko to see S3, poetic in a twisted way.

Probably not going to happen. Anime was made to promote the movies and there are no plans for movies at the moment. Also the guy who did the music for Kaiji's still in prison. It's best to just accept that Kaiji will never get another season.

>Kino's Journey will never get another season
>JoJo will never get a TV anime
>The rest of Berserk will never get an adaptation
One day.

It's like the last episode of Endless Eight.

Marathoning the bog left me physically tired.
>S3 absolutely never
It hurts.

Honestly with how things are going, it seems like a waste to kill Kazuya off. Storywise, it just doesn't make much sense I guess. This whole arc focused a lot on ideals, with Kazuya and Kaiji constantly being challenged in their beliefs. Not only that, but Kazuya would probably be the greatest ally Kaiji could get in the future.

Can I get a quick rundown on this arc?

>tilting the whole fucking building

Why did the author have to fuck it all up with bringing him back?

Is Shin Kurosawa good?I'm really hesitant to read it for this very reason,but I do love FKMT,so I'm conflicted.

It's the hobo adventures of Kurosawa. It's pretty funny, but at the same time it feels like all the growth we had gotten in the previous series is gone.

Those fucking zawas would turn anyone crazy for pachinko.

This screencap is basically Muroaka's entire character

Does Shin have Nakane in it? I've avoided it for the same reason but if Nakane is there I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

I read up to around forty chapters before finally dropping it, and as far as i remember, throughout those forty he only appears once, and that was him talking on a phone at an island resort for a college trip.