Does anyone else feel like Sup Forums got really fast lately...

Does anyone else feel like Sup Forums got really fast lately? Threads reach page 10 in a heart beat because of all the generals. This is not comfy at all. What happened?

That's now how you eat watermelon ice pops.

General make board slower not faster.

How else are you supposed to absorb its nutrients.

It's obviously blueberry you retard.

You're one blind motherfucker.

He's just too pure too look at a vulnerable girl's sensitive places

The new leadership made it an OK thing.

No, it's much slower than it was a few years ago

>Does anyone else feel like Sup Forums got really fast lately?
A trolling tactic is to create lots of new threads in order to force the good threads off the board. This has been done in some other forums who have their own set of persistent trolls. They make a bunch of technically legal bait thread. They use bait in order to fool people into reposting in those threads. That keeps the trash threads alive and forcing the good threads down consistently.

This, it is not uncommon for a thread to last 3 days now.

Here's the thread at the end of page 10. Got there in one (1) hour .

This, Sup Forums is slowly dying

Why would they do that? What's the point?

That just means that nobody cared about it.

I don't entirely agree with him but there are DBZ threads by the shovelful every time their general reached 300 posts.

Yeah, but that's the point. It already reached page 10 that fast. This may not be as quick as Sup Forums or Sup Forums or whatever, but it's still fast-

The worst part is they have no new content, 90% of the posts are the same every single thread.

Which makes it a general yes.

>Why would they do that? What's the point?
Some people get salty.
Some people hold grudges a long time.
For all you know it could even be a statistics project by someone willing to push the edge of ethics to collect data on topic longevity in a dynamic mostly self-moderated (bad topics fall to page 11) environment.

Which can be the result of trolls recycling items off their list of bait topics.

This. It's weird how I'll see a thread survive even all the way through the weekend.

those have a dedicated op bumping from page 10 over and over most of the time

whom'st've this semen demon

Do you ever think about how when you make a thread, you're killing off a thread someone else made?

it's summer, there were like three bait threads yesterday with the same format

When endride was airing we got the last thread to stay up for over 7 days.

An hour between last bump and pruning seems roughly consistent with what Sup Forums's been at for a while.

The weak can't choose how they'll die.

It's ok, if it's on page 10, it deserves to die.

Why are little girl boats allowed to be this sexy?

No lolicon.

>three
I think you're lowballing your estimate. Like, by a lot.

You think so? I don' think reaching page 9 in 25 minutes is normal

Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.
the threads were the only good thing about this shit show

But what if it's just a good thread that got overlooked

Like, I haven't seen a Spice and Wolf thread in a while. That should get like 50 posts

The ending was really good though.

If you think a thread deserves to live just bump it from page 10 before making yours!

So it wasn't just me seeing things. Isn't that good?

Dunno if it's good or bad, just different from what I'm used to.

I'll admit that Asanaga was more competent than the average villain.

>all the generals.
What? They all got chased away or pruned on sight.

So every thread on Sup Forums?

I were under impression that alower Sup Forums means fewer posts from newfags, who instead go to other sites. But then there's a lot of general threads, so I'm not really sure anymore.

are you blind?

Only ones I see right now are drawfag and buyfag generals.

>boruto
>dbz
>SnK
Just off the top of my head right now.

Then why are there 24/7 boruto, snk, dragonball, jojo and apocrypha threads, probably more shit I'm forgetting too.

>They all got chased away or pruned on sight.
Remaining generals:
DBS, HxH, SnK, OP, Boruto, Aikatsu&Pripara, Jojo, LWA, Yugioh, drawthreads, Kimi No Na Wa, Boku no Hero Academia (the most heinous among these in recent memory), Schwarzesmarken, stalker threads, Princess Principal, Re:Creators, Fate/discussion, Isekai ____, and countless others that don't come to mind.

Seriously, this list is just what I remember seeing every day. This list is just what comes to mind, nothing more. I know, for a fact, that there are more generals than those that I have listed here; that depresses me.

While I may hate generals, they are actually slowing the death of threads. Imagine that three or four BnHA pop up when the old thread dies, only one of the new ones is popular, but the others hang around with slow post speed. While these stay up, another autist makes an entire new thread later because the popular one already up isn't discussing what he wanted. This was how shit went pre-generals. Yeah this still happens, but far less frequently than it did.
The higher speed is mainly because the consolidation of the internet and we got way too popular after GG and fappening. Another factor may be that we have lower ratio of lurkers, since 'lurk moar' culture is dying out, the new browsers sling out their opinions nary a thought.
TL;DR We have more posters, this leads to the increased speed. Generals may be cancer, but don't let that cloud your logic.

DBZS, SNK, BHA, Jojo, Kemono, One piece, Boruto, Bleach, Tokyo ghoul, HXH and Yuri on Ice to name a few.

>Kemono Friends
>Jojo
>Precure

Shioi is erotic. Polite sage.

>Boku no Hero Academia
>the most heinous among these in recent memory

Oh come on, they are not that bad, it's just major waifu fagotry

Well, shit. With general I was thinking of stuff like /djt/ or the scanlation threads. Maybe they'll fuck off to a Discord eventually like the GuPfags?

Oh is that where they all went?

The problem with generals is that they quickly develop their own culture, and then the threads start being more about that culture than the actual show. Like, half the posts in Dragon Ball threads are Xfags saying that Yfags are mad.

Don't forget to make account of the factor of the proliferation of smartphones and the increased posting capability produced thereby.

I remember, only a few years ago, that there wasn't even a mobile format available to Sup Forums. People would mock someone for being so addicted to using the site that that person had downloaded an unofficial application on their phone which allowed them to view the site easier.

It's so strange to me just how drastically that notion has changed - not the direction of the change but, rather, the sheer absence of a prevalence of a similar mindset now.

IT'S SUMMER OF POST-US ELECTION YEAR FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU IDIOT

>blue ice pop in a cute girls mouth
>think it's watermelon flavor

geez user what are you doing?

I just checked the catalog and counted 25 generals. There are a bunch more that are borderline generals or daily threads, too.

For a considerable time, they actually were making more threads than even the fans of Dragon Ball Super.

I don't know if that still rings true today, but it was very strange to have to hide at least one new thread of theirs every fifteen-to-twenty minutes. I would look to see if the previous thread had actually reached its bump limit in that little time and, quite often, it had indeed.

theres a second one

I was talking about those "I am X episodes in Y, I don't get why Sup Forums thinks it's good" threads. there might have been more but I just took refuge in the tomboys thread

I prefer buyfag and drawfag threads over Naruto, and dragon ball threads every day.

I miss /djt/

It still exists. If I'm not mistaken, in two places, actually. There should be an Sup Forums djt (surprising helpful people, given the location) and a /jp/ djt (it's /jp/).

The only good thing about /djt/ is the guide and material collection, the threads themselves are pure shitposting in broken japanese.

I miss Moot, Nagasaki killed Sup Forums.

I shall not guide you to the truth.

>the truth
That's an interesting euphemism for vagina.

I hate DBS threads now. It's always calling someone an X-cuck and "leave X to me". The character based shit posting is through the fucking roof. The height of the threads was Zamasu, god damn ningen ruining everything.

Someone big happened and I'm not sure what. The fact that we can actually discuss Your Name without the thread getting derailed is just fucking bizarre

heh - keep dreaming, kid!

Shhh. You'll ruin it.

Sup Forums has been one hour from bump to 404 (archive now, I guess, rip) for years
Sup Forums was two hours, /tg/ like four or so?

Yes, most of a thread's death is spent on the last few pages, because everything above that has threads get bumped over them. Nobody bumps the last few threads on page 9 and 10. That's why they're there.
Dragon Ball threads are absolutely abominable, it's impossible to actually discuss the anime/manga there.

Summer and the huge influx of newfag crossboarders from the elections

Why is the retard so fuckable?

Now add this.

>Maybe they'll fuck off to a Discord eventually like the GuPfags?
What?

>Princess Principal, Re:Creators, Fate/discussion, Isekai ____,
>generals
You're fucking retarded, please stop posting.

>Re:ddit
>not a general
Right. The sun is cold too.

The only retard here is you.

>popular original anime gets lot of threads while its airing
Stop the fucking presses.

If you're going to bitch about chained threads for airing shows then you should have started 14 years ago.

Hmmm, sounds just like Dragonball Super and Burrito. Oh wait, they're all generals!

Yes, but those aren't generals. They are undesirable, but they are not generals.

On that matter, though, I would move to do away with 'template threads', by instituting the robot here for a while. I do wonder how many people agree with my sentiment.

There is currently a thread up for all 4 shows with the title as the subject and starting with some joke about the show or even nothing at all, if that isn't a general then I have some redefining to do.

I would continue posting if the robot were implemented.

Lower the bump limit and get the robot in.

>if that isn't a general then I have some redefining to do.
You definitely do, faggot.

Ban all generals to /jp/. 2hu is banned for the same reason.

We need the good mods back.

That will never happen. Ever.

Maybe I'm using the term too broadly as in muh boogieman or whatever but when the same/similar thread is up day in day out it needs to go. Maybe if they actually posed a question and initiated discussion in the op especially for something popular, airing and original it might make the board slightly better.

Threads for shows that are currently airing are understandable but when said show is running for 24+ weeks the threads become 100% shitposting.

>when a show is running for 24+ weeks the threads become 100% shitposting
That's a rather wide berth that you're suggesting. I would say fifteen, at the most.