Have you ever wanted to create a manga series?

Have you ever wanted to create a manga series?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not a series of original ideas but I would want to do a fan manga.

I already have the first ~15 chapters written and when I have enough time I'll start drawing it

been thinking about it, but im shit at drawing and have trouble writing down ideas

I have for awhile and been drawing ideas for it for over 5 years now. College has just been rough and other things in life been in the way. It just feels like the right time would come eventually. I like to think I would start it when I have a decent paying job and a nice place to relax.

How do you write yours, in script format?

I have some stories ideas like everyone, but I'm shit at drawing and I don't have japanese aspiration/culture, it will be more like a shit comic or a novel

if anyone here legitimately wants to do this i beg you, please go to /ic/ first, in Sup Forums we have a thread for webcomic creators but those threads constantly get ruined by an edgy anime fag who refuses to take any sort of advice, it made a lot of the best guys run away from the thread and now only shit remains, also every fucking day one or 2 random fags show up sayig "hey guys im a writer but i need an artist, would you like to do all the fucking work for me?" god i hate those lazy fags they don't even offer money to the artist

I used to be a decent writer while I was in my first 3 years of college, then eventually let that skill wither away.
Never could draw to save my life though.
I would if I could but lack the motivation and skill to pull it off. A shitty LN would be more my speed.

Yes, but I can't into drawing. It'd be based on something I post occasionally in those make your own anime plot threads. A succubus is afraid of humans because of shit her incubus brother told her, but she has to come to earth to sex a human to be considered an adult. She's mistaken for a cosplayer and surrounded by otaku, when a girl cosplaying as an angel character from an in universe animu saves her. The succubus thinks the cosplay girl is a legit angel and hides in her apartment. the cosplay girl tries to help the succubus. The incubus brother would be the main antagonist. He deliberately made his imouto scared of humans so she couldn't become a legal adult and he could become the next demon king wihtout worrying about her, since she has the potential to become stronger than he is.

No, I find Manga to be the worst storytelling medium possible. It is inferior to novels, plays, movies, anime, visual novels, light novels, audio-books, opera, musical, and basically everything else other than perhaps interpretive dance.

I would use a better medium for my story. Manga sucks.

>good artist
>good writer
>good ideas
>lazy
I'd give it ago though

Sort of.

issuu.com/saw08

Yes, except I'd probably draw in left to right, and I'd probably also call it a comic.

I never understood why people draw the mouth going off the frame of the head.

Kinda, I made something like a script already but I have written more about the end of the story than start so it will take some time to finish it
Also I am shit at drawing (at least for now) and I am to poor to afford a drawing pad (who draws manga on paper in 2017?) so it will take a while

Can that "homemade" manga even become popular enough? I doubt that in western world a lot of people except few anons will look it up no matter how well it is done and nippon won't even touch filthy gaijin works

>to poor to afford a drawing pad
This.
But honestly, do you care about exposure?

Yes if its good enough. Thats why i like the japanese culture of accepting amateur artists. There have been western webcomics that were high quality and successful but its very underground.
Also tablets nowadays are effective drawing pads

Talk aloud while trying to get all the ideas together, it organizes your thoughts.

I think people are weighting the writing side of it too much. All manga and comic is are storyboard art. They just add the dialogue after. Its like the fags that say they want to be game designers and are ideas guys but only express interest in programming.

Have I ever wanted to make a weekly or monthy comic on a ridiculously tight deadline with little profit outside of the chance getting purchased for an animation or volume deal.

Hell no.
I had a short little webcomic about coping with benign but lingering suicidal dread, and I was happy with it.

Exposure? What exactly do you mean? Like reflections on metal?

>Tablet
Aren't those even more expensive?

>really expensive
No.

I mean a fan base and view count.

At a certain amount yes, it isn't supposed to be all popular like one piece but being the only person who actually reads it would be pretty sad

That's fine, just don't finish it and wait around for it to gain a following. It might get a cult following in 20 years.

>im just lazy
keep telling that to yourself mate

Ive already had published work troll baby.

Yep because the user is lying about being lazy. Butthurt retard.

>tfw have middling to mediocre drawing skill
>hard to pin down a coherent story line, mostly have arcs and characters in mind

Some day

Bump

When I was a teen I tried but soon after that I understood how hard it is so I stuck to badly written fanfiction.

How do I even learn to draw? I've been drawing shapes for practice in my freetime as instructed by online guides, but it hasn't really done anything for me.

I can't draw.
Like I am very bad at drawering
And i don't word to well.

Thank you guys so much for the help and information. :)

All of this was informative.
I just started having an idea, for writing down an idea for an anime. And I been to invested in college.

I already got the "Action Formala and Battle Mechanics" Down.
And already made more than 20 characters.

I just gotta keep making an elaborate and orginal story plot, while creating more cha racers that I have in my head.

These things come out of no where in my sleep sometimes.

>implying art is worth anything

edgy/10
got me to reply

I have the overall plot and about the first 50 chapters written.

It's about a band of exiles living in purgatory, because they were kicked out of utopia for their crimes. The main character isn't a criminal but willingly went to purgatory to find his brother who was wrongfully incarcerated. Once in purgatory, the only way out is by winning a tournament. Not a lethal combat tournament, but a sports tournament. Essentially this is a sports manga, but not limited to high school setting.

I'm good to go on everything but my work right now looks like ONE's webcomics. And I don't want it to have that kind of impression, so I'm working on improving my art before I fully commit myself to the project.

If you guys hear about a webcomic called Inferius in a year or two, that's me!

>please go to /ic/ first
i also have an advice, don't do that.
With that i don't mean don't get criticism for your art, but /ic/ is not the place for comic/manga creators, they think everything NEEDS to look like reallife, and they are NEVER pleased. Sure they may say "You need to learn how to draw reallife before being able to abstract it" but that's bullshit because they will never say "You are finally at the level to draw cartoons"
They are just a bunch of artschool graduates who realized too late that their degree is useless.

Consistency is far more important anyway than anything else. No, more important than that is determination to even do the work. Even if your art sucks, if your writing is as good as you think, then it would become a good comic/manga by itself(see onepunchman)

>How do I even learn to draw?
draw something
compare it to professional drawings
notice what looks wrong compared to the pro drawing
look up tutorials to fix that particular problem

the rest comes from itself

or get someone who is better than you to teach you, and don't be a jerk if he calls your stuff shit

Assuming I could draw, had creativity, didn't have to operate within japan's meat grinder system, sure, I'd consider it/

If you mean a comic then yes. It's about an inter universal conquerer who spreads his troops through various universes. As the troops expand they usually form their own factions and go to conquer different parts of the universe. The weaker factions go to weaker isolated parts of the universe where their main job is to nurture fighters with lower potential. While there are naturally Super powered beings as well as biomechanical fighters,the most favoured form of soldiers are lifeforms induced with existentium a element that when induced on a user allows them to break the laws of conservation of energy and matter to an extent. Most fighters start out around building to mountain level but can destroy galaxies with enough training. A thousand ago Earth was conquered and those with potential too low to handle the element were killed or used as lab rats. There is one survivor with a low base power who managed to resist the effects of brainwashing due to his specific brain cell mutation. He escapes the facilities of a lower faction and travels with allies he finds across the landscape of the war ravaged universe in the hopes of somehow being able to find the man who controls everything and take his life.Also yes I'm a shounenfag so this would be a fighting/war comic.

Yes, but I'm shit at drawing. Plus only Japan seems to really have a system worked out for amateur artists, here in the USA you're basically limited to making a shitty webcomic.

Start with Andrew Loomis's fun with a pencil, it's very beginner-friendly and versatile. A lot of the techniques it teaches are applicable to realism and more "cartoon" styles. Look at /ic/'s guide for some guidance (ignore their actual feedback)

mega.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA

Ive seen amateur artists get success. Basically its as they say fake it till you make it. But having your work published shouldn't be your primary drive.

Well, I suppose I can learn to draw, then learn to draw manga, then make a manga.

Yes, and I'm going to by the end of this year.
The next few months are spent practicing drawing and writing then I'll finish it on December and enter Shonen Jumps contest.
I just want to sit at home drawing all day.

I can't draw and I don't think I ever could now due to a wrist injury, so I just write LNs instead.

Yeah, I'm trying to improve my drawing skills. I'm not really confident in my writing ability though. I have a general concept, theme, and characters but I've never actually written a narrative.

yes

>visit friend's place and read skimmed through Marvel's Mangaverse he had in a box
>"holy hell, I could do better than this"
>start conceptualizing what an x-men manga be like if published in a shonen magazine in my head for months.
>start conceptualizing a sequel manga based off the Generation X series.
>realize i went full autistic on how bad Marvel's attempt at manga was and stopped
>now contribootin to "write a plot" threads

I have a binder with written ideas, reference pictures, etc
Absolute shit at art so I'd have to collaborate with an artist

Im not doubting you user but are you sure about that. mangaka get worked to the bone.

what are you doing with those quads? stop that!

i've been thinking about it and its something i would really like to do.
i dont know... i just want to draw a lot

Like a lot of Anons, I have a bunch of chuuni story ideas in my head. But I can't draw and I don't think it'd be manga even if I could.

>wanting to work at shounen jump
youd be better off trying for a monthly magazine

No but I've wanted to write an LN. There's just no real market for short novels in the Western market. They fall under novellas and get avoided like the plague but I think it's a great format for particular types of stories.

Also the one-handed book is a great idea.

What's this aesthetic fall under? Cyber-punk?

Bump

Of course, but I literally couldn't, as I'm not Japanese. Also, I can't draw.
I might get around to writing something, eventually, though. A novel.

Yes, but I can't speak Japanese or English and I tried to get over that limitation by altering my stories, so they're now all about mute people, girls trapped in cyberpunk skinsuits that can communicate only through emoji interface and fantasy stories where nobody knows the Common tongue. And I got burnt with them, underestimated how important speech and dialogues are to storytelling. So, now I'm learning some of the more popular languages.

Better off making a VN, user.

Not being japanese, I realise that whatever I create would lack the cultural nuance that an actual japanese person possesses by the virtue of being raised in japanese culture and society. My comic would be too off to 'feel' like a manga.

That actually sounds fucking sick dude. Is it regular sports, or sports with super powers?

For contests, Jump should be fine. I'm doing the same, but if you want a serialization shoot for monthly magazines as you won't die from over working on a monthly manga.

Ever since Medabots and TTGL I always wanted to make a series involving a person that built a simple mech but just kept stealing parts from other mechs to improve that mech.

Sort of a gradual evolution and arms race for his mech and other machine he will make.

Though I agree that realism isn't the end all of art, you do have to know your proportions.

Even fuckers like Oda had to draw realistic designs before getting into One Piece.

Most of my ideas jump the shark before I put a pin to paper.

Yes I already have two that I'm thinking of
1) Is a three part Pokemon Nuzlocke
2) Is about 52 blank cards raining from the sky mostly in America and the person who picks up those cards gets a demon/guardian thing and battles other people with their own monsters. I have chapter 1 mostly finished in my head and a bit of chapter 2.

>Is about 52 blank cards raining from the sky mostly in America and the person who picks up those cards gets a demon/guardian thing and battles other people with their own monsters. I have chapter 1 mostly finished in my head and a bit of chapter 2
Bakuman