All Might vs. America

Is All Might the #1 hero in just Japan, or the whole world? He has a super "American" persona, but he's Japanese. America is repeatedly called "the land of heroes".

So would All Might be a little bitch in America, where even the shittiest heroes can slap him down without effort? Even if he's still pretty strong, is there an American Superman type that would make him look like a gnat?

>is there an American Superman type that would make him look like a gnat?
yeah. superman.

I think the ranking is world wide.
I think they also mentioned in the beginning that All Might was active in the US and else where.
Things just focused on Japan because in Asia all the Quirk shit started and Japan housed All for One who is like a pseudo god in their quirk society.
A normal strength enhancing quirk and any other close quarter combat quirk would be horrible in a fight against AfO.
OfA can fight AfO, because the inheritance system mostly bypasses OfA.

I'm pretty sure it's in the world, which makes no sense that like the top 30 heroes would all be Japanese

Japan is like America in a sense where they think they are the world in their fictional settings.

It shouldn't have taken you BnHA just to realize this.

Only in Japan, but he's pretty much famous and probably active in America.
>would All Might be a little bitch in America
No.

Even if he's a westaboo Horikoshi seems pretty japanocentric.
His writing isn't very clever anyway

Like the superbowl hand-egg world series. You yanks love to call stuff "world" finals, even no one but you guys care about it.

Football is called Football because the ball is a foot long.

Of course not. Heroes are civil servants, meaning they are under the government of the country they're in. It only makes sense the ranking we're showed is the one of Japanese heroes.
Also Op, I don't really know. There's bound to have some people who rival All Might's strength or at least capacity to save people,and even Deku isn't "the Chosen One" for the whole world, just Japan.
That said, I think the US is called "Land of heroes" because they invented the system first, as it is derived from their comic book culture (when did the timeline diverge aain ?).
Anyways, it must be because they were the first who thought of the hero system to adjust to quirks.

America is the world.

Who watches the minutemen?

He continously references Marvel and DC heroes, so I think the ranking is only japanese and in BNHA the US is the Marvel/DC version of it.

Foot is not a way to mensure things

>(when did the timeline diverge aain ?).

It's unclear. All we know is that at some point a glowing baby was born that heralded the age of Quirks. We also know that there was a period of chaos after the emergence of Quirks where super villain crime exploded and All For One rose to power that was ended when All Might defeated AfO 5-6 years before the series begins.

It's established that Midoriya's Mom is a fourth generation Quirk user, and a generation is in first world countries around 20 years. So it seems safe to say that Quirks have existed for at least 80, maybe 100 years. All Might is also the 9th OfA user, but they might just die quickly in battle.

Also, I think at one point in the manga it says that some people resent Quirk users and blame them for technology not advancing.

Based on all that, I think the series is probably set around 2100 but the world hasn't advanced much due to the chaos of the early Quirk years.

I was wrong, Wikipedia says a generation in developed countries is actually around 30 years. That means if Midoriya's Mom is a fourth generation Quirk user, Quirks have been around for at least about 120 years, putting the show somewhere around 2140.

>America is called the land of heroes
What

...Sweet Jesus, is that true???

I'm laughing so much harder than I should be.

Literally he never referenced anything in particular about Marvel or DC

He's just the #1 in Japan. The page where he announces his retirement makes it very clear. The rankings are by country, but All Might's retirement shocked even the American community of heroes.

It's mentioned several times in the manga. I haven't seen the anime, don't know if they say it there too.

Not true. There's a reference to the "Fastball Special" (a move the X-Men use) during one of the fights, and I think I remember a reference to Watchmen at one point.

Here's the Watchmen reference, unless it's something the translator slipped in. I guess we'd need to see the raw for this.

I don't get how you think. If you carefully read the manga, it's pretty clear he's #1 in Heroes Billboard JP, but well known in US and most likely worldwide. There's no mention of worldwide ranking. Does that mean a #1 hero from another country is stronger than him? The most accurate answer is "we don't know". But considering the unique nature of his and big bad's quirk (can be passed down and can steal quirks) and the huge power gap between them and the #2, the most likely answer is "probably not"

Read slower you fuckin faggots
OP choke with a dick

The #1 american hero is a complete weeb, I thought we agreed on that.
Either that or this guy.

They explicitly state that he's only #1 in japan and that american heroes are just as good if not better than him

all might is just the only japanese hero who gets to hang with the big american heroes

that being said, he is known and loved worldwide, even if he's not #1

> this europoor faggot doesn't know what a prolate spheroid is

Kill yourself

I honestly think that the american system was instituted by a few countries/empires to keep their heroes and villians in check.

Behind the scenes, I think there are some brutally powerful and terrifying quirked or sufficiently advanced people pulling the strings and putting down the god tier world ender super villians.

Like the costumed heroes and villians are there just to keep the quirked people who want to use their powers in a positive and negative way and don't fit in or simply want to use their quirks freely an outlet.

>They explicitly state that he's only #1 in japan
I remember this.

>american heroes are just as good if not better than him
I don't remember this.

How the fuck would the USA heroes be? All Might is already designed to be a Superman/Captain America analogue, so I don't know what else Hori can come up with.

All-Might was worldwide famous because he never dropped from the No.1 spot

if anything it means that the gap of All-Might and the rest of the jaapnese superhumans is huge. Endeavor himself said so.

America might have a higher quantity of super superhumans just because it's the melting pot of the world. For all we know Deku's dad might be a murrican hero.

nah, 30 is too high for a generation. generations are twenty years cause most people are usually having kids in their 20's

I think they mentioned how their world is behind in technological advancements because the first couple of quirk generations threw the world into chaos. They also mentioned a world wide population decrease too.

He's a chef.

Deku Papa confirmed Cyborg

Power creep inc, superman isn't the strongest in comics.

>you yanks
the fucking brits created the world soccer, short for association football

Maybe the opposite and the american no1 is some samurai edgelord

Hori missed a chance for a joke here. Have all Japanese heroes be American cape shit and have all American heroes be henshin tokufags.

Special Navy Forces Seal Sixger.
Masked Rider Rushmore
Etc.