Post affronts to science as a whole

Post affronts to science as a whole.

The concept of Chimera Ants from HxH is absolutely retarded from a logical and biological standpoint of view

fantasy monsters aren't a problem
affronts to science means something that pretends to be science but is wildly inacurate

everytime schrodinger's name is mentioned
everytime entropy is mentioned
most of the times something is depicted entering earth's atmosphere from low orbit

Raildex
> I increase the coefficient of friction between the air and these objects

Raildex is just meme science and technobabble. Anyone who unironically tries to debate or calculate such things is retarded.

Muv Luv did Schrodinger and orbit okay.

athiesm.

Right, fantasy can do whatever it pleases. It's not our universe, so we don't need to apply our laws to it. The "affronts to science" thing is more when a work tries to use the aura of science to add flavor to a work, but in the process completely botches it. Sometimes you can pull a Minovsky where you say, "We know it's not REALLY this way, but we have artistic license." But if you're going to bring science into your work, you should at least make a concerted effort to get it right.

How about Sakuradite?

i dont get it

Yuri Physics

Dimension W almost lost me during the fucking OP with how bad the nonsense was. Then there we cute girls and it was forgiven and then it went off the rails with some dumb plot that I'm assuming was anime only

Did it?
Interpreting Schrodinger's Cat as something to do with the multiverse is the incorrect way.

i still dont get it

He couldn't take 5 seconds to google it?

Madoka:
>yeah so we can in fact violate conservation of energy, but we can only do it using the wishes of little girls

Are you saying the many-worlds interpretation is incorrect?

I'm saying Schrodinger himself didn't come up with that multiverse stuff, someone else did and just slapped Schrodinger's experiment on top of his claim to 'explain' his own shit.

does this count?

I don't know why the other user started talking about Dimension W?

checkmate athiests

if that shit was true people would be practicing it non stop, so much that humans would literally reach peak performance withing a century

I think they made a difference between the many worlds interpretation and the Schrodinger stuff, double slit experiment and all these things. They also made it clear that these were just ways to (inaccurately) represent the situation and that they their theories were just theories in the end.

1) all otokojuku mimei disclaimers are a joke about shounen science logic
2) this in particular is true, but have a lot of factors how influence

I don't know what I was doing replying to you

Pretty much all of Baki
>Humans break their bones because they stop themselves from falling, so babies take no fall damage cause they don't know how to do that
>You can punch at the speed of sound if you just have more joins in your body. Just IMAGINE that you do.
>The flatter your teeth the harder you punch
>Pickle
>Baki curing himself of the most lethal poison in the world through fighting really really hard

Cynthia the mission.
The secret of hypnotism is swastika moving in your pupil at very high speed.

You should not take anything in baki seriously

>muh science
Nice dogmatism, ideologues.

Science needs to be burned and crushed, an affront is not enough.

was it baki where the guy punched the oxygen out of someone

Pulleys

does this count tho?

Science changes with new discoveries though. What you may know know may be obsolete within five years. Not to mention the infighting and politicization of it.

No it doesn't, it is disgustingly axiomatic.
'knowledge' is nonexistent. It's a Platonic meme. Why do you let grEEK memes invade your mind?
No, science never changes, it just claims to as a way to convince ideologues.

No, Ippo is the series where Oxygen is magic.

That's not really how it was, though. They could do it with any sentient being's emotions, but it's hinted at throughout the series (and moreover is just plain logical) that young girls were the easiest for the Incubators to use because they're the easiest to trick.

For instance, QB notes his surprise early on that Sayaka and Madoka haven't made their wishes yet because usually girls say yes right away. So it isn't about little girls in particular, it's just that they're probably the most efficient for the Incubators as opposed to having to chase down adults, who will immediately recognize any eagerness to convert them as a sign of a bad deal.

There's also the fact that they have to market it as a magical girl series and not a magical various people series, but there you go.

He also said that young girls are the most emotional.

He did say that, but I take it with a grain of salt because 1) obviously that can't be true across the board; emotional response varies wildly from person to person regardless of age range, and 2) he said that in a time where he was trying to convince Madoka that her becoming a magical girl would overall help the universe more than it'd hurt it.

Essentially I interpret that line as him trying to sell her the idea that she fits the bill perfectly and therefore has no reason to turn down the offer anymore. QB is willing to tell any sort of bold-faced lie if it'll get someone to do what he's asking. After all, he blatantly lied to Kyouko that getting Sayaka's soul gem out of her witch could be possible.

The mangaka wouldn't happen to be talking about using silicon (TMS) as a protecting group for the phenol, would he?

I thought the bone thing was that babies bones are soft so they aren't as prone to breaking as adults.

they're squishy ,their bones are more flexible and they weigh less so they accelerate slower and hit the ground with less energy because they don't fall as fast and as hard.

Nah, it's much more simple than that.

Things accelerate with the same magnitude no matter how much they weigh
They will always speed up at 9.8 m/s2

forgive the high school dropout ,its just that they fall with less force is it then?

They tend to not fall as far because they are lower to the ground
Do not drop babies

>Baki curing himself of the most lethal poison in the world through fighting really really hard

Holy shit this, out of all the bullshit in Baki the stuff about the different kinds of poison that negated one another was one of the biggest ones.
I still enjoy it a lot though.

Breitbait is on the other side.

i obviously don't respond to authority well,don't tell me what to do.

Even if madoka released a huge amount of energy, then how did it solve entropy?

Drugs help you beat records, but it's not allowed cause muh drugs. So people don't actually care about peak performance, just records.

That's lewd as fuck.

Didn't they basically reverse entropy by sending Homu back in time continuously? Doesn't entropy tend to increase as time flows?

O

Physics in To love ru

MY

>No, science never changes, it just claims to as a way to convince ideologues.
So, do we still believe that materials burn by phlogiston getting released?

Less weight = less energy = need less force from the ground to stop
Thats how some small animals survive large falls.
But yeah, a human baby didnt evolve for this kind of shit.

RUBBER

HYPOXIA

I think I need to change my diet; I've been feeling out of the weather these past few days, so I think my humors are out of balance.

>out of the weather
Welp, time for me to sleep.

In the manga good end, two characters are talking about chemistry and one of the answers they end up with is tetrahydrogen, H4. Barring super theoretical stuff, you're not gonna find that anywhere.

That's bullshit. Metallic hydrogen is a thing but that only exists as lakes in gas giants, and covalently bonded hydrogen only ever forms pairs. EVER.

If you guys are posting in this thread, then don't you also want an anime, Shirobako style about cute grad students doing cute grad student things but wth accurate science? It would encourage stem in Japan, not that they need it I guess.

Out of the way lads.

>Don't get rained on or you'll catch a cold.
This is the only one to come up regularly enough to bother me. Sometimes clones have some bullshit connection to the person they were cloned from like sharing memories.
Also this. Emotions don't translate into energy and the whole thing is a moot point anyway because it's fucking magic.

Pretty much a 100% of jojo is like this though

The ending of good ending was, somewhat ironically, probably the worst ending (and final arc) of any manga ever.

That is not even that bad when it comes to JoJo science

It took me like 5 whole minutes to look up this image because I already forgot the name of the series.

Magical girls weren't releasing energy, they were creating it, hence defeating entropy

You need to try to eat well and have a good diet user x

He didn't lie. He even addresses this later. He said he doesn't know of a way, but he doesn't know everything.

Is that Alderamin?

The end of Akito:
>muh quantum mechanics
>when enough people in their mecha observe reality, very intensively, they can alter it; even change the past

And let's not ignore all the absolutely ridiculous mecha physics, especially for the quadrupedal one.

Yeah.

But some poisons actually can negate each other though.
You could say if it's bullshit if the poison is specified and actually exists.

He blatantly admits to having lied when talking to Homura. Rewatch episode 9.

>Did Sakura Kyouko even have a chance to save Miki Sayaka?
>Of course not. That's impossible.

He admits that he lied with the sole intention of getting Kyouko killed, so that Homura would have to face Walpurgis Night alone, thereby giving Madoka more incentive to become a magical girl.

Nigger, that same part had people turning into snails via an infectious subliminal message.

And no, they didn't just think they were snails, they physically transformed.

IIRC, he said something along the lines that the possibility wasn't zero which is true when you consider a magical girl contract.

No, that's what he said to Kyouko to get her to go on a suicide mission. Rewatch the part where he's talking to Homura at the end of episode 9, he says absolutely nothing of there being any chance that Sayaka could've been saved.

Well I guess we learn something new everyday, I never knew that, that's kinda neat.

Why would copying the DNA of what you eat be retarded

DUDE 10% OF THE BRAIN LOL

What the fuck do Anomalocarids have to do with anything if it says in the next paragraph that they descended from presumably some sort of tunicate?

Baki had a guy who punched you WITH oxygen instantly knocking you out no matter what

There has to be precedent to determine if there is a chance. He told her that there is no precedent for it.

Think Russell's teapot.

He flat out says to Homura it's impossible.

He lied to make sure Kyouko would die, user. The "QB doesn't lie except by omission" meme is wrong.

Accelerator: "I have control over vectors"
Proceeds to never control a single vector.

O MY HIGHER DIMENSIONAL CHILD

>Female author mentions a dildo
>Readers call her a hero
>Sup Forums calls her a slut, tumblr calls her a saint
>literally weeks of bullshit

>Female mangaka mentions a dildo
>readers giggle
>noone else cares

when will we learn

That's silicone not silicon.

>scared of boobies and dicks
Seriously nigger?