That position looks uncomfortable

That position looks uncomfortable

It's a matter of practice.
Pants and socks are mighty uncomfortable too if you aren't used to them.

I guess now we know why the other girl sat like that.

because her butt hurts?

exactly

It's actually a pretty good way to sit, but it does make your feet numb.

Baka gaijin doesn't have superior Japanese legs folded one thousand times.

Fun fact, forcing kids to sit in seiza is actually one of the physical punishments in their schools.

Kimi no na wa is my 200th title. I regret nothing. That was great.

yeah It's uncomfortable but they're just used to it

Your legs adapt to it if you start from an early age.

Why would they sit like that anyway

culture

why is there a printer on the table?

From what?

That's a rice cooker.

to print stuff

seriously how do they even do it? I can't.

ofcourse it hurts if your feet isn't used to that stretching. when I was learning martial arts, we had to do this meditation before training and we had to sit like that on floor. it hurt the first few times, but I got used to it.

You just have to do it. It hurts for the first two weeks. You'll probably have to visit a physician in the third week. But it's fine from then onward.

Japs have underdeveloped bones, which allows them to sit like that

so i have an english movie poster of your name from the theater is it rare to have one?

Being uncomfortable is a Japanese tradition, like killing whales and apologizing.

They print nori with it.

Those montage parts felt jarring and out of place

GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI!

Its doesn't only look uncomfortable, it is uncomfortable. To you and most westerners.

The same can be said of anything that requires lots of practice. A high kick is uncomfortable to anyone who doesn't practice high kicking. A german suplex is uncomfortable to anyone who doesn't practice german suplex. Public speaking is uncomfortable to anyone who doesn't practice public speaking. Debating is uncomfortable to people who doesn't practice debating. Running is uncomfortable to people who don't practice running. Japanese language is uncomfortable to people who don't practice Japanese. Etc

It is at first. After a while though it's second nature. You don't even feel it.

>You don't even feel it.
Or anything below the waist.

That's a fax, kiddo.

It's a pretty comfy position to me but wouldn't sitting like that for a while eventually lead to damage to the knees?

Watching that movie was uncomfortable.

it is