How can "Your Name" ever recover from this?

Your Name rip-offs (君の名は : パクリ検証動画)
youtube.com/watch?v=fRfa9TRIt3Q

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/25591
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36789
youtube.com/watch?v=riIIM9orIS8
youtube.com/watch?v=ECyMAed2LEI
youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_footage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow!

ZEN ZEN ZENSE

>Yuuta was 12-year-old boy, who had lost his father in the traffic accident one year ago. In the summer vacation, he visited a deserted dam deep in the mountains, where he had a good time with his father before.
>Suddenly a thunder storm occurred and he slipped on the ground. He lost consciousness and woke up to find a girl and an unfamiliar village. He time-traveled 30 years and reached a village, which sank at the bottom of the dam.
>This is Yuuta's precious memory of "another" summer vacation.

what the fuck

It doesn't need to.
It's already most profitable anime of all time.

KIMI TO ZEN ZEN ZENSE

insane resemblance 2bh

Shinkai did it better anyway.

That's pretty bad, but unfortunately, it'll be totally overlooked because barely anybody cares about this sort of thing.

nah

Yeah except one is actually good while the other is a literal who

we knew he was a hack.

Is the original thing avaible in English somewhere?

They're the same thing. You're literally just defending someone to make yourself feel better.

>10,376 views

10,000 views in a day.
RIP Shinkai.

Why the fuck did he just get the same running sequence from another movie

HAHAHHAHAHAHA EXPOSED

lol

because he's a hack.

Oh shit.

"Anime was a mistake. It's all the same shit."

Hyopcrite. Go back to bed gramps. No respectable adult will ever find value in your creations. If they say otherwise it's because they want your money.

Why is Mitsuha evil?

I hope Shinkai dies in a fire. Literally the Coelho of anime.

Girls are evil by default

This was a paid-for homage. Though at that point I wonder why they didn't also place the soap etc at the exact same location.

At least Miyazaki will die in your lifetime.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/25591
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36789

The video is somewhat dishonest with the comparisons by cherrypicking shots, the full sequences play out differently. Odds are they're just generic ways of framing a scene hence the similarities.

>the full sequences play out differently
No they don't.....

Damage Control

>All that nips in comment
this gonna be ogre

What? It doesn't make zen zen zense to me at all.

they deleted my post in minutes. kek

Users can delete comments on their posts. There's this one person that keeps uploading unimpressive One Piece stills too. I don't think it's a staff thing.

IYO IYO IYO

Yeah.

>trying to throw some dirt on the film by cherrypicking because people can't stand the movie's success
>when Kimi clearly did it better

Yeah, I found it.

Wrong on both ends.

just because the visuals are better doesn't change anything, copying s certain style is still douche move

This is reaching and pretty petty for something so miniscule.

Calling it a rip off is just overkill.

First Shinkai cheats on his wife and now this? What a hack.

DAMAGE CONTROL

>reaching
>literally sequence for sequence

>posting the superior movie anyway
Sasuga Lelouch

Nijiiro Hotaru is a pretty good film. I watched it years ago and always liked it. Mostly found out about it because japanese sakuga nerds loved it. Was a bit of a flop though.

The scenes that are there are clearly ripped off. It's not just a little similar. Not that it ruins the film or anything. Plenty of sequences in anime are repeated in very much the same way.

It isn't though, look at the full scenes. Some of the framing is similar of course, but they are such textbook shots that any director can come up with them. Layout-wise they aren't identical though.

Spam your caps more, this "news" don't really phase me. Bet you're really happy about it though.

I did. It's literally sequence for sequence.

The animation in Kimi no na wa is vastly superior though. The running and falling motions have more believable weight to them.

I haven't watched YN yet but I don't see why this would bother anyone.

People don't know what Okiura has done/worked on, People take inspiration from stuff they like and it's certainly occurs a lot in anime and there is nothing wrong with it.

The parts running down the hill don't entirely match up and like I said, these are all typical shots anyway.

So now you're suddenly talking about animation? Something that can't be objectively measured and 'superior' isn't even a descriptor at that.

You're trying too hard. You're even repeating posts.

Next thing you're going to tell me two different people did those shots and they're from two different movies so they're not literally the same. Were they also created in different time periods?

not an argument

>Shinkai invented animating people running down hills

>muh traditional cliche running shit
>plagiarism

Every studio has frames like those.

You're being obtuse on purpose?

Go pick out another film that matches with the same closeness then. Should be fairly easy if they are so common. Watch as nobody fucking does it.

Dude, you're reaching so hard right now. Anything can be the truth once you're salty about it enough. You only give a shit about it since the movie made billions. Else, it's a non-issue.

Honestly it just sounds like you are denying the obvious in order to defend something you like rather than the other way around to me.

This is like denying that Nolan took inspiration from Kon.

>Random ass countryside village with a teenager running down hill
>somehow rare
Are you serious?

Projecting.

I'm waiting for you to pick out another anime film that follows the same sequence and has the same shots with the same framing and the characters moving it the same fashion.

Come on its so common it should be easy. If you can't then you shouldn't bother replying unless it is to admit you are wrong.

Still waiting. If you're being daft on purpose about what is being plagiarized here then that will come clear once you provide evidence for your claims.

>Shinkai invented running in streets

I don't really think its "plagiarising" as such that goes too far really. Its more like what is called "taking inspiration from" in creative circles. Shinkai probably saw that sequence and thought it was good so wanted something like it in his film.

Great artists steal anyway, if anything this is a confirmation of Shinkai's genius. I look forward to seeing which movie he rips off in his next work.

>but I don't think
Again. What you think is irrelevant. If you're not going to prove your claims then this is pretty much 1:1 plagiarised.

Running is really hard of animate, you see TV anime characters have this slow walk or static poses; in movies you see a lot of running scenes.

I'm not that interested in proving you wrong, particularly because if you never saw this scene before you started watching anime last month.

you're literally too retarded if you think it's only "running in streets"

Literally nothing you've said so far is true or relevant for that matter.

>still no proof
>just more ad hominem

I'm not the person arguing there is no similarity. I am the other person arguing there is. Just saying calling it plagiarism isn't helpful when that isn't really what it is. It is what is commonly referred to as taking inspiration. It's how tropes, styles, visual queues and such are established. Nobody says it's plagiarism of Dezaki when somebody does a postcard moment.

I saw Nijiro Hotaru years ago maybe 2014? And have seen just about every anime film of note ever released.

Probably had some of the same animators. They made the same scene because it's their "style". I don't think you can call this plagiarism on a directorial standpoint.

2ch can't into hunt for real plagiary and jumping at shadows in 99 cases out of 100. This one of those cases.

WHERE IS THAT FUCKING GAMBLE RUMBLE MAD FUCK ALL OF YOU BAKA

FUCK IT here's the shitty nightcore version

youtube.com/watch?v=riIIM9orIS8

I'm not the person arguing there is no similarity. I am the other person arguing there is. Just saying calling it taking inspiration isn't helpful when that isn't really what it is. It is what is commonly referred to as plagiarism. It's how tropes, styles, visual queues and such are copied sequence by sequence.

Can anyone produce webms of both of those running scenes, so they can be compared in full, back to back?
Anyone can make this look bad if they edit it right.

there's not much editing being done. It's a pretty faithful representation if I say so myself.

Nothing is new under the anime sun.
youtube.com/watch?v=ECyMAed2LEI

Le gasp!
youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU

these are all from Disney.

Yeah, and it's called en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_footage

No, you're being obtuse about what is being plagiarised here. Disney holds the copyright to all of those clips.

>le
Those are all repurposed cells, and they're all disney, so it's not the same.
Stock footage is not plagiarism.

Oh boy.

So are there more copied sequences or just this one scene that has to be blacked out multiple because it doesn't match up the entire way through?

I'm sure if you dig deep enough

>that dislike bar
Are the Japs in denial?

Taking ideas from other pieces of art and integrating them into your own simply isn't plagiarism. It's just taking inspiration from other artists. It's how art and artists develop and advance. People see someone do something they like and then think "I like that I might try doing something similar I think could work in my art". It's how ideas generally work people building upon other people's ideas.

Didn't Naruto adapt a shot for shot fight from Bebop, and nobody gave a shit?

I think maybe they want better evidence than an edited youtube video.
Both sequences need to be seen in full to say how much something was or wasn't stolen, and if the cels weren't stolen, who cares?

jesus that shit blew up, was at 70% likes last time I saw it.

If you're not going to respond to me don't reply.

Yes, and the Boondocks adapted a shot for shot fight from the first Sasuke versus Orochimaru fight from Naruto.

Anime in general does this often and nobody bats an eye, so why is Your Name the exception to the rule?

because ghibli-biblys are booty blasted