HAPPENING

Are we at war with Russia?

bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-13/u-s-strikes-said-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria?__twitter_impression=true

Other urls found in this thread:

meduza.io/slides/v-den-aviaudara-amerikantsev-po-storonnikam-bashara-asada-v-sirii-pogibli-pyatero-rossiyan-kto-oni
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Cl8lSv9Is
bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-13/u-s-strikes-said-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria?__twitter_impression=true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_Revolution
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/mattis-says-us-has-no-evidence-of-syrian-use-of-sarin-gas/2018/02/02/109f1750-0829-11e8-aa61-f3391373867e_story.html
macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/weve-given-up-on-canadas-military-so-lets-abandon-it-altogether/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mercenaries
No, you're cool

Obviously they're mercenaries so it's not a problem. It seems kind of insane that they're sending mercenaries though. I guess Syria's manpower is pretty fucked at this point.

>be Russian 'mercenary'
>die by the hundreds in a botched raid on Americans
>Putin pretends you didn't exist

It seems like the reported numbers in different outlets is vastly different. This morning it was 3, then 4, now Novaya Gazeta reports 13, Bloomberg says scores, BBC russian says over 100 people killed. I have no idea what to think here.

7+ years of war and a mass exodus it makes me wonder how many fighting men are left in syria

>Novaya Gazeta reports 13, Bloomberg says scores, BBC russian says over 100 people killed.
One should expect the russian papers to downplay the numbers as much as possible, while the western ones might overplay it. BBC though shouldnt be overplaying it, but its still possible.

I totally understand that, but it does seem like the Russian sources are going to have more precise information about the individuals killed than the Western estimates. This morning they were showing some of the dead on meduza. Kind of an awkward day to be an American in Russia since we just fucked their shit up.

it was probably chechens

>I totally understand that, but it does seem like the Russian sources are going to have more precise information about the individuals killed than the Western estimates.
Russian media doesnt talk shit about russian servicemen killed in Ukraine, why would they talk about ones in Syria?

We are getting there.

True, let me link the article though.
meduza.io/slides/v-den-aviaudara-amerikantsev-po-storonnikam-bashara-asada-v-sirii-pogibli-pyatero-rossiyan-kto-oni

fucking mutts

I wish but nah. They're just mercenaries.

I should probably add that this source is Russian but it's based in Riga, so supposedly not a propaganda mouthpiece.

To be entirely fair, Riga isnt the capital of anti-ruskies either. But considering that it is not based in Russia, I would say they probably are more careful on specifying a number, so probably that is the realest confirmed number.

kinda like when putin bombed the apartments and blamed it on chechnya to shore up support after yeltsin in 1999

Some military-fag could explain how they could have lost a number of troops so high in a single attack?

What went wrong?

>familiar with the matter
Juden code word for bullshit

They were on the offensive and had no air superiority, also versus the fucking USA.

They're mercs. No matter where they came from, it won't be an issue if they got killed. That's the reason why countries are now employing PMCs like Blackwater/Xe/Academi. Question is why are those Vodka mercs attacking a US-held base and refinery and under whose orders?

the real question is how many non-sunni minorities are left. it's all or nothing for them. the sunni will be there no matter who wins because they're like 3/4 of the country, but it's game over for the alawites/druze/christians/etc if the sunni win

i'd assume it depends on the promised payout. or maybe just out of sheer boredom, they were russians after all

Pretty much this. It's kind of telling Ruskie military capability though.
>Ruskie mercs are often former Ruskie military that left so they can get more money
>Many would be in fighting condition (young, fit, etc.)
>Some are probably going to be Krokodil users and hyper alcoholics, but still in fighting condition
>Got trounced by US forces (probably mercs too)
>US mercs are often washed up military; most are older, fat, undisciplined (probably one of the reasons they are no longer military), drunks/druggies, etc. Some are barely in fighting condition

is that sort of like when jews invented communism to kill millions of russians and take down the czar and pretend to this day like it isn't/wasn't a meme philosophy, or like when it inevitably failed a bunch of kikes called the (((oligarchs))) were caught buying their own soviet factories for pennies on the dollar and then got kicked out of the country and now have been rabble rousing for over a decade because they want their cozy parasitic relationship back? Anything like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Cl8lSv9Is

The US is at war with the world. They're stupid enough to think nobody can strike back.

having no air defense equals getting raped. Especially if it's a fucking AC-130. It was just like CoD MW for 'muricans.

But they were retarded? They needed to attack?
Why go yourself and get killed in a suicide mission?

The thought the united states wasn't going to intervene?

>mercs attack US base

what a bunch of idiots, the fuck did they expect?

how the fuck would you know? You echo chamber faggots keep saying 'DURR THEY WUZ JUST MERCS SO DOESNT MATTER'

I am not going to pretend to know shit, but from the stuff mentioned here: they were mercenaries, mercenaries get orders, not strategic information. Besides, imagine a russian mercenary. He is the most pro-russian thing possible, which in turn means he is the most anti-american thing that exists. Attack the americans? URAAAAAAAAAAAA *boom*

>communism to kill millions of russians and take down the czar

>czar was downed by pro-western liberals
>millions weren`t killed

I knew that american education is shit, but not that way

Putin seems to routinely screw over his own side. this isn't the first mission without air support that got fucked

I swear to Christ I just had a HAPPENING-FEELING overcome me and felt the sudden compulsion to log onto Sup Forums.

The first words I see are "HAPPENING" and "War" and "Russia." Then I see "kill scores of Russian fighters" in the URL.

Then I scroll down and realize this is fucking Sup Forums and nothing ever happens.

Then I realize I'm retarded for being let down that we aren't about to mutually annihilate one another. -- Is it sick to crave happenings?

All the deaths are proxy armies going after each other on their spare time. At one point CIA mercs were going after Pentagon mercs.

Total shitshow

what? Are you a kike?

>bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-13/u-s-strikes-said-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria?__twitter_impression=true
God will not bless anyone who protects and allies with the fake Israelites. Did anyone ever read the Bible?

Look through history, what has USA accomplished in the last two decades but slowly destroy itself by overexpending and overextending it's military and resources clearly fighting wars that only benefit one country in the Middle East.

One of our generals just came out saying the gassing accusation against Syria was bullshit, how come we haven't pulled out completely? (((Why?))) (((Oh..)))

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_Revolution

>kike

most of our kikes are neo-liberal shills, that supported Reagan and other cuckservative fags like Pinochet, and so on

Putin pretends that there are no Russians in the area. High motherfuckery desu
> russians pls move back we are going to shoot :DDD t. US
> but there are no russians here, I don't know who are these people :DDD t. Putin
> ogay :DDD
> [BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT intensifies]

LMAO

>be russian scum
>fight for assad
>attack USA
>GET BLOWN THE FUCK OUT LMAO

this is hilarious

If they're mercs not officially hired by a gov't (in this case, Putin), the gov't can't send military assets or it would become an international incident, giving "justification" to do to Russia what's been happening in the Mud countries. If the merc outfit "bought" strike and AS fighters though, then that's different.

source for your claim?

Hes trolling you, ya dingus

>brings bloomberg as a source
Saged and reported go back to your r/the_donald boomer.

Do you know what Operation 40 was OP? Because this was basically Operation 40. In short: no we aren't.

Awww, your feefees got hurt. Is your old man a merc who got BTFO? Look, it's all business. Mercs dying is part of that business, so it really doesn't matter.
>how the fuck would you know?
Wouldn't you like to know :)

no, more like jews got pissed when (((trotsky))) got btfo by stalin and they lost control of the (((narrative))) on communism.

>americans are willing to die and wage war for the eternal jew
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

assad is literally /ourguy/

The over 100 killed was the US claim so its likely false. They tend to vastly overestimate the amounts of fighters they kill.

>hundreds of mercs die
>not a major scandal

Just because you learned military from Call of Duty doesn't mean it's true

No, killed a bunch of mercernaries, dumb commies among them.

Still, should be a stark reminder to Russia and anyone else that if you challenge the USA, you will get fucked. No one else stands a chance in a conventional conflict and the only reason that the USA doesn't play more aggressively against Russia is to avoid nuclear war.

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/mattis-says-us-has-no-evidence-of-syrian-use-of-sarin-gas/2018/02/02/109f1750-0829-11e8-aa61-f3391373867e_story.html

>we
I'm not killing any white people for our jewish government

White Christians killing white Christians? You condone this shit?

Good. Die Putin's scum.
t. russian immigrant

well, Russia attacked first, so fuck 'em

This right here, this is the real question. These people are not stupid, they would of known the refinery was held by us backed forces (likely with operator embeds) so why the fuck would they launch an assault of the facility? I read it was a battalion sized dismounted assault, supported with mechanized vehicles and used artillery as a screen. Read that again, that's a fuck ton of military trained Russians, assaulting a facility on foot, with expensive as fuck backup assets to boot, but yet they didn't know it was US controlled?!? Nor took any precautions against air assault? Something Fucky is up there.

You mean to tell me that attacking a base of a bloated army which has spent trillions of dollars towards the singular goal of destroying a conventional army is a bad idea?

Eh america would get ass raped in a real war.

Lmao US is a paper tiger. Cant wait for the floor to be wiped with them in WW3.

US is in Syria illegally. All those bases should be destroyed.

The Russian forces were engaged by the USAF and cruise missiles, you dumb fucks.
They weren't killed by US soldiers.

>US mercs are often washed up military; most are older, fat, undisciplined (probably one of the reasons they are no longer military), drunks/druggies, etc. Some are barely in fighting condition

The fuck are you talking about? American Private military contractors only hire the best and they do drills and shit at academi to keep their men fit.

They aren't rejects, you have to be fucking good and have a good military record to be considered.

I think it's more the case that american "mercs" are pseudo integrated military combat elements with "retired" soldiers with extensive previous experience in the US military. Mercs don't usually have the cash to run their own airforce, so I suspect it was more like "hey US military we need a bombing run over here" "okay its on its way".

whereas the russian ones really are just mercs with no backing whatsoever from russia beyond selling/leasing equipment and giving orders. Pretty sure russia also pulled out most of their actual troops in theatre.

From the outside looking in, I feel like Syria's a MGS shitshow of PMC's and terrorist groups right now. Nobody's flying a flag because nobody wants this to escalate to actual war, but still there needs to be blood spilled for strategic/geopolitical goals.

in other words it's a military playground right now

almost wonder if one day we'll just designate the middle of africa or something as a dedicated warzone for people to fight in just because

The only thing that got the floor wiped with it was that russian strike force
you got pounded into the dirt by artillery and airstrikes before you could even kill a single american

america's firepower can be anywhere on the globe within minutes and has the weight of logistics to back it up

The USSR might have had a chance up until the 80's, but today? Nah cunt, your nukes are the only thing keeping your alive.

>africa
It'll be Saudi Arabia as soon as the post-oil economy becomes a thing.

Yes and it's all Obama fault but the Leftist media will blame Trump.

Mercs are scum of the earth, zero value to society... the more mercs dead the better dont care where they come from.

More Russians were killed in a few hours than the 5 day war with Georgia.

that was an actual military operation

this isn't

They were doing anti-ISIS operations in the area and fired upon what they thought were ISIS terrorist forces. Instead they fired upon US terrorist forces accidentally, who responded with air-strikes.

Point still stands Russians got BTFO.
If war were to break out whatever contingent of Russians in Syria wouldn't last a week.

It's not something I would bet on so assuredly.

People who think like you do reek of hubris.

russia in many ways might be even easier to take down than north korea, their own country is a massive detriment to their defense because of not only how big it is but how much of a wasteland it is.

They know this, the only reason this is a proxy war and not a official one is cause russia knows if that got out then they'd be completely eradicated and putin would finally lose the power hes held onto so tightly for over a decade

Us backed=Isis right?

shut up poland is a nation of plumbers, and ditch diggers. Why don't you shut your mouth before the germs or the Russians decide to make you there slaves again

The Russians might be cynical enough to attack the base so to force the US to show their hand in supporting Sunni extremists, by bombing the 'mercs' to protect their own soldiers.

No leaf just pointing out a fact.
And I don't want to hear shit from your country either.
macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/weve-given-up-on-canadas-military-so-lets-abandon-it-altogether/

>If war were to break out whatever contingent of Russians in Syria wouldn't last a week.

Why would not Russia go all out nuclear at once, as the one left standing could force the rest of the word to pay for rebuilding them, in exchange for not nuking them as well? It's not like the rest of the world have any bargaining power against a country that has had their major cities nuked, even if the have a couple of nukes themselves.

Drudge Report:
>US jet destroys Russian battle tank in 'self defense' in Syria...
Article:
>A US jet operating in Syria destroyed a Russian-made T-72 battle tank near Al Tabiyeh, Syria, on Saturday, the Pentagon said.
Most misleading headline I've seen on Drudge, and on a very serious issue too.

>is that sort of like when
no, it has nothing to do with that. the FSB under Putin performed a false flag. it's a standard military tactic.

Which makes me wonder if the population bottleneck will bless the country with the smartest and most resilient.