Has there ever been a male lead more utterly worthless than this beta orbiter...

Has there ever been a male lead more utterly worthless than this beta orbiter? Not only does he accomplish nothing at any point, he doesn't make a single decision of his own in the entire series.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGMvmwMX4qlWczOSaXf0MUfv8yu7cxab7FyuGAUEa7k/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would have been better off with a Kaiji narrator explaining things to the audience

It would. Just erase fuckwit-kun from the picture and have a bodiless voice hype up what the crazy bitch does.

>male lead

He's just a narrator.

Why don't you want a hapless male for all the 10/10 doms to play with?

His function is being the voice of reason in a place otherwise populated with fucking lunatics who happen to be gambling addicts.

The chicks can dom each other without some pointless semen stain of a fuccboi hanging around.

Relax , he is just a self-insert for guys

i can't self insert as a girl faggot

Did they skip this arc in the anime or is my timeline messed up. Haven't read the manga in months
I always self insert as the loser like Dan

If he's supposed to be an actual character he should like

do things

have goals of his own

have a reason to be in the show

Only gambles he took part in were ones where he either let Yumeko do everything or let Mary do everything (because Yumeko told him)

Shinji has balls of steel compared to this motherfucker

>lead

Your timeline is messed up

His purpose is to be a voice and a self insert for the people watching not a character. You know damn well almost everyone who watches this series would do exactly what he does. Betafags run Sup Forums.

Your timeline is messed up. That starts after the debts are settled.

I would make out with the crazy bitch desu

He plays a more important role in eps 6-7.

Who the fuck wants to self-insert as a guy who accomplishes literally, absolutely nothing? Even femdom fetishists should be disappointed because he stops being a bullying target in like the third arc and becomes a complete bystander.

Hey, i never said he was a good character. His only goal so far seems to be protecting Yumeko from doing stupid shit but of course that's imposible from the get-go. I hope blonde keep on appearing and interacting with her.

Being the dealer in a game to ensure Yumeko even has a chance to win isn't being a bystander.

I've read the manga, he does literally nothing at any point. Even in the parts where he's actively trying to assist in the gambles it amounts to "I must trust in Yumeko to figure this shit out because I sure as hell can't come up with anything".

The issue is you think he's the male lead or some important character when literally nothing is done to ever indicate that.

That could have been done by literally anybody. Literally, absolutely anybody.

It's not like he pulls any kind of a sick plan there, he tries to, but completely fails to come up with anything and in the end it's "I hope Yumeko got it".

And in the poison arc he's just following Mary's instructions step by step.

There is absolutely no part in the story where he contributes even a little bit.

No one wants to self insert as that character but you have to realize that the betas who love femdom girls would definitely subconsciously associate with him.

I remember there is a user in mal who white knights both female MC and ship them so hard that he literally spams in every discussion forums that is related to Kakegurui and he hates male character.Is he here ?

>Has there ever been a male lead more utterly worthless than this beta orbiter? Not only does he accomplish nothing at any point, he doesn't make a single decision of his own in the entire series.

He aint so bad. The show doesn't treat him like a main character, he isn't so much of a lead. He's just there to explain the world to Yumeko

I'm hesitant to call this bitch boi a "lead" too but the fact is, we see most parts of the story from his perspective so he's at the very least the point of view character. He's also the only male character for 80% of the story and the first character we're introduced to. So there was at least the foundation laid for him being an actual character but instead he's the worst thing, a useless guy who just stands around and gawks in every scene.

It would literally be better if he wasn't in the show at all.

Shows that have characters for the sole purpose of audience relatability are, by default, trash.

The guy knows that Yumeko and Mary are much better gamblers than him. That's why he lets them take the lead, it's the smart decision. In the poison arc the villain offers him the antidote if he betrays Mary, and he says no. I just don't get why you need some sort of huge drama for him, he's a minor character who's gotten a few scenes of development in a manga that's pretty short at the moment.

I hate the female characters too son, but for different reasons. None of the characters in this show are likable and I'd prefer to see all of them ground to dust. Which does happen to some of them so I have to give it points for that at least, but it's not exactly great drama when instead of rooting for someone, you're hoping for everyone to lose somehow.

People who need characters to be "likable" are so bizarre to me. IMO they can do whatever they want as long as they're entertaining.

Just read the manga you secondary faggot

>In the poison arc the villain offers him the antidote if he betrays Mary, and he says no

See, that would have been a great moment for him to say yes, because he has personal reasons to hate/distrust Mary and it would guarantee the survival of Yumeko, who he has a boner for. Make his own fucking moves in pursuit of his own goal. Instead it's again the exact same as if he wasn't in the scene at all, it's just Mary playing two seats and Beta-kun going "I guess I'll just follow instructions without a single thought of my own".

This.

Wow you are faggot
Good thing your worthless opinion is fucking irrelevant

A show cannot be entertaining to me unless I find somebody to root for. It's basic psychology. It's why heel vs heel matches in wrestling are always shit - the crowd has no one to cheer for.

You can have shitheads as characters all you want, but you can't have _every_ character be a shithead, that's too much shit, it spills everywhere. Messy.

> because he has personal reasons to hate/distrust Mary
What are those? Because they've all been pretty good friends for a good while when the poison arc starts.

There's nothing to indicate he shouldn't trust Mary over the villain who poisoned all of them in the first place. Again, he trusts in the plans of the better gamblers, which is the right decision.

So basically you're unable to enjoy anything outside the most basic, safe, childlike stories?

What a sad man you are.

>What are those?

The small detail that she spent weeks/months tormenting him? Proving that she's an evil bitch if given the chance? Why the fuck would he EVER trust her after that? Mary and Beta-kun never made up. That never happened. There's no logical reason for him to go along with Mary's plan after a shortcut to guaranteed victory is offered to him on a plate.

Only way it makes sense at all is if you think of him not as a character with any will of his own, but rather some kind of an extra limb of Yumeko.

Regardless of your preferences, you're making way too broad a rule for fiction when you say "One character MUST be nice and able to be sympathized with." It isn't basic psychology and it doesn't get messy.

Wow, you're mature as fuck, I bet you're at least 14, maybe 15.

It is and it does.

The writer of the show agrees because Beta-kun is written as 100% Lawful Good. The problem is that he's garbage as a character for other reasons.

You read way too much into stuff that isn't there if you think she was "tormenting" him. It was pretty tame bullying compared to the environment of the school.

>Mary and Beta-kun never made up.
Maybe because they didn't have a spat in the first place? Show me one screencap where he says "Damn that Mary, fuck her for how she treated me".

Jesus christ you might as well say you like shonens
Literally kill yourself you normalfag cancer

Why is he blushing ?

>he can't self insert as a girl
>call user a faggot
The irony

He's fairly good at thinking things through compared to the insane cast.

He needs Yumeko cured.
He can't bring her to the docs
He needs the antidote
-
He trusts Yumeko
Follows her orders to bring her here and to obey her for the gamble
-
Now with all the above, why would he choose to disobey Yuemko just cos a villain claims' she'll cure Yumeko.

Furthermore Saotome is now a friend of Yumeko. He needs to get friendly with her because that's what Yuemko would want.

It doesn't apply to this show at all because both Yumeko and Mary have shown sides of being good, likable people as well. They're not complete assholes, they both want to actively help other students for instance.

But you are not a girl and never will be
You are a fat neckbeard virgin beta faggot

>male lead
You are a fucking retard.

>lead
side character dog, lunatic/sadist gambler chick is MC homie

Ikishima is so beautiful

I think you are generalizing the thoughts of the writer here. I mean, I am sure the writer wants Suzui, Yumeko and Mary to all be somewhat likable to the viewer, but even then the thing that the writer focuses on more is the conflict of wits between these characters (mainly Yumeko and Mary, but once in a while Suzui), and how they find a way to either out-wit or psych-out the opponent in front of them, and give us a few panels of the other person losing their shit.

Are the characters in Kakegurui that likable compared to a lot of Anime? Probably not. However, that's not what drew to the Manga and now the Anime. I find the gambling scenes really fun, and I like how it goes into psychological thriller territory during the gambling scenes.

I did. He does literally nothing, ever.

He's fine. He volunteered to help lead girl multiple times and it is inevitable that he gets dragged into her drama and helps resolve it (or at least, is usefully exploited). Ultimately, he does not really need to do anything, he serves as a guide who steers the female main character towards interesting obstacles and provides her with the information/background she needs to operate. That is the extent of his story function and he does a decent job at it.

This is just not his story, it is hers. His place is only to frame it for us. If he were cool, she would be less cool by comparison.

He's just there to be the self insert.

He's not a lead and the manga is still pretty new. Maybe he will get some major development along the way. We see how he actively joins the game in the latest arc to assist/save yumeko. Final arc suzui will gamble with yumeko who is now undisputedly the best gambler in the school with a bet like a date or something probably.

>who is now undisputedly the best gambler in the school
It's so fucking hilarious how even the student council try to avoid gambling with her now. She scared the living crap out of them when she bested Kaede and basically made him a housepet for life.

Never saw this one, but I'm pretty sure the little faggot from Re:Creators could give him a run for this guy's money for "most worthless MC this season".

Shows like this typically has an ordinary guy who's there to serve as a foil to the super genius. Sherlock has his Watson, Akagi has his Nangou, Akiyama has his Nao.

It's possible to make a good "ordinary guy" foil without making him a useless piece of shit though, see Sherlock and Watson

Well from the looks of it, it seems his story will be whether he will stay sane or descend into insanity. This is probably the one time where a character realizing his feelings for someone is not a good thing.

lemme blow your tiny mind
the main character of the series is actually yumeko
the male character is largely insignificant because he is just a supporting character

This is your brain on too much LN beta MC faggotry.

>he doesn't want Yumeko to be student council president and final boss

Yumeko could never be the final boss because she doesn't give a fuck about being president. She just wants to gamble with Kirari. Since Kirari cares about her aquarium, then of course, Yumeko will go after it just for the thrill of the challenge. But she doesn't give a fuck.

If she does win and become president, she'd probably just give the position to someone else, like Itsuki for example.

Mary, on the other hand, might end up being the final boss.

Mary's a good girl at heart though, I doubt there's much more to her besides improving herself and the school. Yumeko on the other hand is still shrouded in mystery, once she defeats current Pres she'll have no one else to face unless they explore the 'family' some more.

A school run by Jabami just seems more interesting writing wise than the fair and balanced thing Mary wants.

Actually I'm not sure what Mari wants, but I do know Yumeko is not interested in being the president. If she gets the position, she's most likely giving it to someone else (albeit after a coin flip or some other minor shit like that). Itsuki's my best bet because she has literally invested billions on Yumeko and has expressed an interest in being the president. Suzui could be it too.

How about a male lead who dies before the proper start of the series.
Which leads to his harem going on random shenanigans and getting a lot of /u/ vibes, and you also learn he was basically also useless alive, but then comes back to life in the finale and fucks all the bitches?

What chapter was this?

>It's why heel vs heel matches in wrestling are always shit - the crowd has no one to cheer for.

WEW
E
W

>nutted but she still gamblin

It's her spin off series

So is it translated yet ?

>Not only does he accomplish nothing at any point
Gee, it's almost like he's a side character or something.

Your favorite.

He gets saotome wet af. Good enough for me

How else can the nips self insert?

Perfect self insert for me though.

>Yurishitter triggered by the slightest hint of test

Will there be any actual ecchi content in the BD's?

>Has there ever been a male lead more utterly worthless than this beta orbiter? Not only does he accomplish nothing at any point, he doesn't make a single decision of his own in the entire series.
Dude it's literally supposed to be a femdom series, that's the POINT. You're watching the wrong show if you're gonna complain about that shit.

he's there to give a normie opinion/view, it makes all the other characters standout more

He's the real final boss, hiding behind the mask of a beta loser harem protagonist.

Hetfags needs to fuck off and kill themselves.
But us yuri patricians are willing to give you disgusting hetscum male lovers a chance, read this and fix your disgusting taste.
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGMvmwMX4qlWczOSaXf0MUfv8yu7cxab7FyuGAUEa7k/edit

He's not even the lead, Yumeko is the lead. He's more like an info dispenser.

Stop trying to force this
People hate yuri because of yurifags like you.

literally self insert

Fuck off back to lebbit with your retarded spacing

>comparing a renowned classic like Sherlock Holmes to a gambling-flavored waifufest

>implying this man isnt final boss
He is just pretending to be stupid and beta.

What a terrible school, I'd rather send my children to a state comprehensive.

This anime would've been 20x better with a teenage Kaiji as the MC.

>not knowing this is a story about him growing from beta loser to alpha chad gambler
>not knowing he is the final boss
>not knowing he is THE Kakegurui
Sure is summer

the anime is only slated for 12 eps, no way animeonlyfags will get that as the conclusion

It's not his series.
He is there to serve as a contrast to the crazy personalities in the series.

He's going to spend the last several episodes just enjoying a show and chatting with girls.

>chad
Stay in your contaminate board.

>not young Akagi
He would fit in perfectly.

The Onii-sama of gambling wouldn't fit in because it'd remove all the dramatic tension.