Isn't it great when an underdog or otherwise non-main character gets an incredibly hype moment...

Isn't it great when an underdog or otherwise non-main character gets an incredibly hype moment? Especially as a pay-off of hard work and training?

Post examples

> Doppo
> underdog

Rek, otherwise the convicts arc is basic all about the side characters

This is one of my favorites. The madman does it again at the end of the manga too.

>Post examples

Musashi wasn't an underdog, though I'll concede "non-main". It was, however, wholly expected that he was gonna win a fight with Baki (especially that early in the series)

Doppo turning the fight I posted into a short curbstomp was completely unexpected. Dorian Kaioh was on a roll, hyped to shit, reking all his disciples, it was an amazing and out of the blue DOPPO BEST BAKI moment

He did get to beat Doppo shortly after, too. Though with a dishonoraburu bomb trick

but dude oh man I did not expect musashi to win every fight

He's been hyped as Yuujio-level from very early in Dou. It's fucking Miyamoto Musashi. It's completely expected he will be next-level

dude no like i did not expect this at all

He had already matched Yuujiro's fighting level, rekt Pickle and killed Retsu by then, why wouldn't you expect it? Hanayama's cool but he's a shitter comparatively

He ain't no underdog. A dog yes.

>Isn't it great when an underdog or otherwise non-main character gets an incredibly hype moment

Yup, that's always a feelgood moment as long as it isn't an asspull.

Though Doppo doesn't fit as other people have said. The first thing we see in the manga is Doppo pulverizing concrete drums like they're made of cookie dough.

man he had more character development than both main characters combined

>The first thing we see in the manga is Doppo pulverizing concrete drums like they're made of cookie dough.

That's babby shit for the main Baki cast, though

Doppo is definitely not a "spotlight" character. His loss to Musashi in Dou, for example, was the quickest of all. Even Motobe got a better fight. Even Hanayama's fight is already longer

>Gets the hypest moment in the manga with taijutsu alone

would have been better if he hadn't cheated death

He was the most compelling character by far, you really get to see the guy grow up. He was a great mentor for Senya too.

wouldve been better if he actually beat madara

This.

He kinda did, Madar only survived because of "LOLHAX HEALING" otherwise Gai could've soloe'd the entire war apparently

Heard of sarcasm chum

DOPPO BEST BAKI

Baki is great.