Made in Abyss

It's been decided Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sort of tangentially related to this translation/pronunciation thing, but:
>Aubade
>1. A song or instrumental composition concerning, accompanying, or evoking daybreak
>2. A poem or song about lovers separating at dawn.

Wait, what did I miss?

He's so based
POTTERY

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Oh christ.

>Aubade
>/ōˈbäd/

It's over, Sup Forums. オーゼン should be spelled Auzene, not Ozen.

Author is aware of our existence.

Some user in the last thread tweeted and asked about how he's gonna translate Bonedaddy.

He's sticking with what Sup Forums's been using.

That's pretty cool. Maybe he'll visit us here someday.

It's always nice to see manga authors acknowledging the existence of fans outside of Japan.

>implying he hasn't been hijacking our vision the whole time

Can Papa make me a game cartridge?

I'm glad he's not sperging out about THEY ARE READING FOR FREE MUH LOST SALES 1 DOWNLOAD = 1 LOST SALE GAIJINS REEEEEEEEE like most seem to do. What a cool dude.

Yep, this is what should be always required from modern days authors.
To directly interact with their fanbase, letting the community grow as a whole.
Doing good for the title, fans, and himself.

he probably realized that fan scans -> more western attention -> western companies(amazon) help fund the anime because they see potential -> anime sells better -> manga sells better -> more money for him to spend on spla2n and shota stuff

If Made in Abyss was released in the 1990's, would it have been a classic?

I would like to think that he realizes Made in Abyss isn't actually for sale in English (yet) so scanlations are the only way for us westerners to enjoy the manga.

Have we finally cracked the mystery of the Abyss?

>probably realized
Knowing how anal nips are about scans and p2p sharing, he's currently picking a hole into that societal wall of theirs.
It isn't that much easy to accept something that your entire country considers criminal.

no, it's not even good so far.

yeah, the premise is original so it isn't affected by the time

Well it will be either way

Nips are hypocrites. They bitch about piracy and gaijins getting their shit for free but they are among the top downloaders on Nyaa and uploaders on Sadpanda and the such.

I admire his manga but I'm respecting him for more then just his work at this point

too bad it's super boring.
>entire episode dedicated to walking from the orphanage to the edge of the abyss
>only development is we find out a twelve year old who won't even be in later episodes has a crush on another twelve year old
dropped hard.

As glad as I am with the author attention I just hope that doesn't affect the artistic vision.

Anyways this is a big win for fanscanlation and I'm really happy for the brave folks that do it, I just hope it doesn't put them on the spotlight though.

>Knowing how anal nips are about scans and p2p sharing
Not every mangaka gets assblasted over pirates user. Some of them are actually aware overseas piracy its the best showcase they could ask for their work.

>They bitch
Only the creators are.

>are
do*

well for me it felt pretty sad, reminded of how it feels when you move from home or when your friends go. though it was when reading the manga so i got past that part pretty quickly.

>dropped hard
Not enjoying loli/shota suffering.
Too bad.
I guess that tasting sweet and dark mixed together is just for enlightened gentlemen.

>hurrrr suffering is quality entertainment.
edgy. go rewatch re:zero and madoshit kid.

Reg loses an arm
Riko breaks her arm
There will be a character called nanachi who will join the party later
There will be a character called ozen who beats the utter shit out of the party but is kind
There will be a character called bone daddy who cans children including his own daughter
Fuck you animeonlys

>watch
I prefer to reenact.

>re:zero and madoshit
>suffering

I wish I could go back to those innocent times.

>misusing the word edgy
anime only's really are a cancer

its time

He's not selling the manga to the west anyway.

If anything western piracy is free advertisment rather than stealing from him.

he's a pedo so he's used to pirating cp

Nnaa

Man, what a slippery slope of speculation.

While I agree he's a cool dude, there's just no product other than official subs of the anime to market directly to people who can't speak Japanese.
It's still a cutthroat industry for most authors and can only be good on him if he keeps his cool before an official manga translation comes out for the west.

What's more likely is in that it's already a free web-manga he doesn't feel as dependent on the sales of a magazine whose weekly rankings can make or break even the most veteraned mangaka.

memes

Fucking based, who was the last major author that came to Sup Forums?

The guy that did Log Horizon? He even talked with us.

If you're reading this sensei, keep up the work. Made in Abyss is amazing.

We've had a fair number of high up PR people from both sides of the pond, but only a few authors have publicly ousted themselves, a few more have referenced things in this sphere like when Ogu had something with little withe butterflies written on it.

Please do gaijin, will sue your ass.

he will next year

Japan literally does not ever pursue western interference. They might one day, and have been saying for a decade they would, but they aren't as of now.

Do they even pursue torrenters in japan?

It will probably be more censored than that abortion of a KnJ release is going to end up being, cutting out an entire volume of suffering and nudity and selling it as a kids book.

Always divisions user, generally the business nips that see profit from it start to lobby. There's comiket after all.

I know this is a slow time of day to start this sort of thing, but should we make one of those "group cards" or whatever they were called like the one we did for little witch for tsukushi??
also if someone has a copy of the LWA one can you show me i missed it

>There's comiket after all
Not unless they can find a new venue by next summer.

What Sailor Moon could have been would have made Madoka seem like nothing

Isn't this something you would usually consult the Japanese side of things for to get the most authoritative answer?

>hey um we're the scanlating group who's publishing and translating your hard work so people can read it for free
>what's the spelling of this one character's name ;^)

he was posting on twitter though.
What does it have to do with Sup Forums

>consult the Japanese side of things

user.

The author of the tweets in the OP is the Author.
Of the manga. There is no more authoritative voice on correct spelling of character names than his. That's the point. The Author was pondering how to render ボンドルド in English. He could have gone with Bondorudo or Bondorude or Bondrüd or Asafgeereg if he wanted, but no.

He read our threads, or at least the scanlations born of them, and went with what we have been using primarily. Bondrewd.

Bondrewd was a mistake.
Where's the person who thought this would be a good idea?

Step it up, weeb
"These fucking katakanas are all over the image, and my redrawer is unable to do an adequate job.
Would you mind redo this and that character and environment without the noise effects, so we add them afterward in the proper langua?

Fucking asshole nips always making the job harder for us.

I draw Nanachis hairy butthole for him everyday and he says "thank you please give me the next hairy butthole tomorrow morning, a butthole in the morning helps me draw"

look at this moth

killua is cute!

Proof or gtfo.

>textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php
Generate two random words, they will be your White Whistle title and don't cheat
>user the King, Lord of Terror

Keep posting this every thread, I'm sure it won't get old.

She as well bears the mark of V.
No vag can resist the lord Vega.

>user the jigsaw, Lord of Forbidden
eh

Fag the "Champion", Lord of "Murky",
Well, Murky is fag for Dark, so I guess the vibe is still there.

It's a web manga you retards
It's free to read on takeshobo site

user the Flesh, Lord of Anyplace
I sound edgy.
By the way, I'm only replying because I saw this on the front page, what's Made In Abyss about?

>web manga
What's an income.
Just fuck back off to the communist state you came from.

user the Extravagant, Lord of Crypt
I hope I get to be a necromancer

>what
It's all about Fluffiness and the trecherous journey to achieve it.

Comfy spelunking and science, you might awake some inner furfag in you

why is it so hard to translate

Are you having a stroke?

user the Dexterous, Lord of Contamination

It's about everything.

But it's not, you just need decades of experience to be good.

translating is easy it's just that translators suck

I'm strokin' something alright.

>user the Bottle, Lord of Antidemocratic
What?

>user the Hush, Lord of Volume

You gon get raped.

user the Dreamer, Lord of Birthday
I guess I get to be a fairy tale character.

>suck
You tell me?

>user the Bamboo, Lord of Perfection
PANDAS BOW BEFORE US!

they only put up chapters that aren't being published in a book yet (excluding 1-4, specials 1-3 and the last one of the most recent volume)
They make money off of people being able to read older chapters, which is what the scanlation is putting up on the internet for free

>textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php
All of you guys just set me up right.

>user the trap.
Pottery

>user the Fraction, Lord of Predator

>user the Dust, Lord of Discovery
I like it, but now I have to come up with a backstory that justifies "Dust" as a title

You found magic abyss cocaine that give you superpowers after ingested.

Congratulations Sup Forums

how about we arrest you for mass murder

>backstory
You are just really filthy, and to protect yourself against parasites you do like animals, and roll onto the ground multiple times a day.

you leave every pussy you meet dry as dust