Shingeki no Bahamut

Ep17 previews out:
moca-news.net/article/20170728/2017072800000a_/01/

Reminder that there won't be new episodes airing for the next two weeks due to some track and field event.

>more Chris
Why,

Fava is naked?

He kept those clothes for 10 years?

I was so obsessed with this show at the start but now I can hardly give a damn.

>Reminder that there won't be new episodes airing for the next two weeks due to some track and field event.
That's not including this week right?

Rita kept the clothes to sniff sometimes

Thrifty grandma.

Yeah

#17(第17話)の放送時間が変更について
TBS:7月28日(金)25:57~(2分押し)

Hamsa was naked all this while.

I'm so fucking excited. Next episode we really will learn who are the VIRGIN SOULS

Is Rita wearing a dress or something? My dick. I can't wait.

Because Nina meets him again when he's out and about in the city, probably due to another contrivance.

>Cheerios and Nina reunion
>not Azazel and Mugaro
Fucking why? Why does this show so stubbornly refuses to be interesting? Cheerios and Nina are both shit and their dynamic is not interesting. Azazel and Mugaro (with Jeanne) are far more interesting. I wanted to see Azazel and Mugaro reunite not these two shits chirp about their bullshit love story.

Isn't it obvious it's cheerios and Nina? It's the sob backstory episode time.

Rita is cosplaying as

>Nina/Cheerios
Truly the shittiest love story ever told

Well that's what I think. I meant we'll know for sure, and that hopefully everyone will stop shitting on Charioce and Nina.

I feel the same way user. Don't get me wrong, I still love this show but goddamn has my level of interest in it plummeted after about 10 or so episodes. I can see what they were going with for Charioce and Nina, but it failed horribly. 17 episodes in and both of them get more unlikable each ep. Jeanne and her plot line is honestly boring, and the main three who can carry this show being Favaro, Kaisar and Rita are constantly pushed aside.

>hopefully everyone will stop shitting on Charioce and Nina.
Why would they? Nina is still going to be a dull idiot and cheerios a homicidal cunt. It doesn't matter how much sob story you stuff in there.
also
>cheerios
>virgin soul
what a story mark

I'll make sure to shit on them ten times harder.

Pretty much this. Genesis was great, the story was simple but the characters and execution were exceptional when compared to what we get these days. Watching it was really enjoyable.

Now, Virgin Soul - I was rooting for it from the beginning and defending it many weeks after, but what they did with this show is simply unacceptable. So much wasted potential.

>Why would they?
Because they're hopefully reasonable people who will let their hearts be swayed by the pure VIRGIN SOULS

>mfw Charioce's backstory is actually a masterpiece and many levels above what we got so far story-wise

> Kaisar put his hair back up

God fucking damn it, at least we get shirtless Favaro.

I think I've seen enough tsun Azazel failing at everything to understand his character at this point.

Money well spent.

>Reminder that there won't be new episodes airing for the next two weeks due to some track and field event.

Well, that sucks.

I'm the father too, yes?

At least post the preview first.

Doesn't make his relationship with Mugaro any less compelling. It's basically everything cheerios/Nina wished it was, minus the unnecessary romantic aspect.

Very unlikely. For a character to be well written some dose of criticism of them on the author's part is neccessary but this creative team is nothing if not a bunch of huge cheerios wankers. Prepare for cheese and cringe with a dose of martyrdom.

I don't really think it's that compelling, I mean, in Azazel's case I honestly don't understand the situation in which he took Mugaro in, seems like he would have just told him to run away like the rest of the demon kids there, and considering how much he seems to care for his own kind, I doubt he would have gotten a child involved in what he was doing.

In El's case, I mean, it makes sense but it's more compelling from Jeannes sides IMO, El was literally just doing as she said and latched on to the first person who helped him.

> For a character to be well written some dose of criticism of them is necessary
Stop shitposting in a thread for a show you don't watch. Literally every character is ~explicitly~ critical of him except his black knight goon squad.

rita a best

I imagine even if they go with the 'oh charioce was doing this bad stuff for a greater cause' thing that he'll be able to get off scott free for what he's done, he's enslaved and killed innocent demons, even allowing the selling of demon children, as well as killing a large amount of angels as well, and stealing holy relics from them.

Even if Nina is big on the forgiveness and change train, I doubt angels and demons will be as forgiving.

No you retard. NOBODY is criticisng him execpt Azazel and this show does everything to keep Azazel off the stage. Jeanne has never said a mean word in his general direction, same as kaisar. The lead writer states he's perfect in every single way. Those who are perfect don't need to change, which implies that Cheerios also doesn't need to and will not change. He's not imperfect, he's only "misunderstood" and Nina's role is not to correct him but to make people ~understand him. Which is why we get an episode where he shits out his backstory to her so that she can carry on the gospel to the word how to ~understand the perfection.

*that he WONT be able to get off scott free

> Jeanne has never said a mean word in his general direction

Do characters literally need to say they hate/disagree with Charioce for it to be implied? Jeanne had been literally ignoring him every time he went to see her, for what one could only assume to be a very long while, I think that, and the glare she gives him when he talks about El is implication enough on her feelings.

Also "Nobody is criticising him" except, like, ALL angels and demons?

It's interesting because it has a good few similarities between it and the MC love drama but is executed much more convincingly, the emotions that are shown between the two are more believable because they simply good to each other and genuinely like each other which I don't get from the MC drama. Azazel taking a kid in is already something very uncharacteristic for him, which is already a hook of interest. Then both their backgrounds come into play which is another hook of interest in how it's going to play out. It's just easier to get invested in them than the MC drama.

>El was literally just doing as she said and latched on to the first person who helped him.
This doesn't exclude Azazel though, and it's yet another hook of interest in how fate has connected their paths. How is Jeanne going to react when she meets him and so on.

>He's not imperfect, he's only "misunderstood" and Nina's role is not to correct him but to make people ~understand him.
This is one of the biggest blunders of Virgin Soul. Nina kicking Charioce's ass for not living his life correctly would be simple, but great. Was it latest episode or the one before it when Nina stated she's going to MAKE other people UNDERSTAND Charioce?

Demons hate him. Angels hate him. His subjects love him (minus the angelfags).
>enslaved and killed innocent demons
There are no innocent demons. Did you even watch Genesis?
He is living his life correctly. He's the king of humans. Not angels. Not demons. He took the power from the conceited gods to protect his people from the evil demons. I feel crazy reading demon lovers' posts.

>Jeanne has never said a mean word in his general direction, same as kaisar.
I implore you:

watch
the
show

>He is living his life correctly.
Not according to Nina and many other characters.

> the emotions that are shown between the two are more believable

There isn't really that much emotion between the two other than "Mugaro gives Azazel some positive re-enforcement by smiling at him sometimes"

Honestly, despite however people consider the relationship between Nina and Charioce, I'd say with some certainty that it at least started out strongly and works as a basis for any future interactions, the festival night was pretty convincing, at least to me, at solidifying their connection. On the other hand, we still don't know why Azazel chose to take Mugaro in when he didn't do that for any of the other demons he had saved. While it is an interesting hook that Azazel has done something that is really out of character for him, we still don't really know why, and at this point I doubt we're ever going to get anything more than "Mugaro looked determined or something and Azazel just decided to take him in" which still doesn't work with Azazel's character.

>Do characters literally need to say they hate/disagree with Charioce for it to be implied?
Yes, because it tells to the viewer that the sense of anger is directed at him not some vague circumstance. Narrative works through its characters, if nobody ever tells cheerios he's wrong and nothing ever seems to point toward him being wrong (look, he's stopping the bahamut! how heroic!) then that means the narrative agrees with him, he is on the right side and does not need to change period. Also, if there's place for the cheesy on the nose dialogue about Cheerios being prepared to die for the cause, which is already setting ground for heroic sacrifice, Nina having her cringe worthy inner monologues about him then there's place for other characters to call him out on his shit.

>Jeanne had been literally ignoring him every time he went to see her
Not because she's being snippy at him, she's full Your Highness mode even though he tried to murder her child, in fact, she never once accuses him openly of that.

>glare she gives him when he talks about El is implication enough on her feelings.
I don't see that glare like this at all, it's more of a beaten and haunting glare of a mother whose child you want to kill. Too bad that plot has been dropped already eh?

>Demons hate him. Angels hate him.
And it's never presented as a righteous thing.

>Did you even watch Genesis?
Did you? Because then you'd be aware there are also no innocent humans. Then again, humans in this season are even more deplorable and I really can't find it in me to cheer on cheerios for providing for this bunch of cunts.

>he didn't do that for any of the other demons he had saved
He saved Nina despite her being a human and knowing he had better chance to run away if he dropped her. If you ask me Azazel saved Mugaro simply because the latter wasn't able to run away on his own and dropped him at Rita's place.

>There isn't really that much emotion between the two other than
Mugaro missing Azazel felt realer than anything between him and his mother with the exception of their flashback.

>started out strongly and works as a basis for any future interactions, the festival night was pretty convincing,
it wasn't, and it definitely doesn't work as a basis for this divine, destiny driven thing the show pushes it as. It's a very trivial and prosaic thing that never gave me any sense of actual connection. Pretty animation, nothing more. No sense of connection, no actual communication, no looking out for each other, Nothing that would solidify any good relationship. In fact it's a very unhealthy relationship based on Nina's delusions, misplaced sense of values and weird prioritizing some borderline stranger over the people who actually had a good connection with her.

> There are no innocent demons

Despite demons generally seeing humans as toys, I highly doubt all of them are antagonistic enough towards humanity to actually interact with them, especially children.

> Yes, because it tells to the viewer that the sense of anger is directed at him not some vague circumstance.

So you don't think body language, facial expression, and in this case, being ignored, can also convey a characters feelings? If so, you're retarded.

> she's full Your Highness mode even though he tried to murder her child

What? She keeps a dignified tone when she speaks, but she refuses to work with Charioce's plans, even when he says outright that her son will be killed in the fighting. She doesn't need to accuse him of trying to kill her child, they both know what he did, and her yelling at him about it won't achieve anything since he just views it as getting rid of something in his way, it's not about morality to him.

> I don't see that glare like this at all, it's more of a beaten and haunting glare of a mother whose child you want to kill.

Well it looks to ME like a glare full of hate and loathing for a man who has literally just said that he's going to kill your son.

Talking of showing emotion through expressions, tell me shit like this doesn't convey how much she hates Charioce or at the very least what he's doing.

>Mugaro looked determined or something and Azazel just decided to take him in
Very unlikely. Go back to the Azazel finding Mugaro scene, there's focus on Mugaro's haggard, run down appearance especially his pleading eyes, it was obviously pity. Anyway, I already acknowledged that it would be interesting to find out how it came to be if the show didn't refuse to explore it. Two people with conflicting backgrounds loking out for eachother is already something we have with the Nina/cheerios drama, only that thing is pure cringe while this actually manages to be heartwarming and interesting.

* woops

Pity in the moment of action making Azazel act for the sake of others isn't the out of character part, it's him making the continuous decision to care for Mugaro despite the very dangerous shit he gets into on what looked to be a nightly basis, I know Mugaro wasn't in the thick of things, but Azazel of all people would know that he would not be a reliable guardian, and, within his character, would have handed him over to someone else to care for like he handed over Nina to Rita.

>Azazel of all people would know that he would not be a reliable guardian
This isn't all that out of character for him, Azazel isn't very reasonable, down to earth or anything like that. If he felt like taking care of the kid despite his situation he'd do it. There was always Rita to take him in if he bit it.

>Did you?
Yeah of course. Azazel personally ruined Favaro's and Kaisar's childhoods. Belzebuth empowered Gilles to unseal Bahamut and taint the beautiful saint, Jeanne d'Arc, who then killed her god. Then the humans and the human-loving god sealed Bahamut with the help of the remaining angels and demons.
These events should make one distrust demons and question humanity's faith in the power of the gods.

>humans in this season are even more deplorable
A good human king in the events after genesis doesn't have to be righteous. He doesn't have to be morally upstanding. But he has to figure out how to better protect his people.

Like I said, it makes more sense for Azazel to help people in the heat of the moment since he doesn't really want innocent people wrapped up in this violence, but when it comes to Azazel offering that help continuously in terms of looking after Mugaro, in character Azazel would, like I said, be more likely to hand him off to someone else like he did with Nina since them being out of harms way for the time being is all he really cares about, not hanging around playing family with some kid you decided to pick up on your apparently routine missions to liberate demon kids from sicko's.

Don't bother responding to shitposters. They are autistic or low-iq and need everything explicitly spelled out for them.

>Belzebuth empowered Gilles to unseal Bahamut and taint the beautiful saint, Jeanne d'Arc
To be fair Martinet played with Beelzebub from the beginning. But personally I don't understand why that user brought humanity's misdeeds up. The truth is enslaving demons and allowing for their genocide is really fucked up. It doesn't matter that they are from different race or have long history of manipulating/using humans. We've been shown many demons are completely sentient beings capable of acting on higher principles, so we should work on that.

Stealing power protected by gods? I can buy that if you're doing it for the sake of your people. Attacking demon's capital and crippling their army? Great idea, it will teach them not to fuck with humans anymore. Systematic genocide, enslavement and raping of the demonkind? Dude, chill out.

kaisar ain't kaiser without the regent hair do

> Systematic genocide, enslavement and raping of the demonkind? Dude, chill out.

This, honestly, Charioce would have NOTHING to apologise for to the demons if he'd just stopped at the 'attacking a few demon cities' bit, basically just show them who's boss then get back to running your kingdom, hell, even Lucifer has the brains to know that as of right now, the demons can't stand up to the power that Charioce is wielding, but unlike in the angels case, he's willing to wait it out until Charioce loses control of that power, which he certainly will since he's using it constantly to attack angels and demons.

>Belzebuth empowered Gilles to unseal Bahamut
More like Gilles manipulated Belzebuth into the ploy for his personal agenda.

> taint the beautiful saint, Jeanne d'Arc, who then killed her god.
That's also on both Gilles and Cheerios Sr.

>These events should make one distrust demons and question humanity's faith in the power of the gods.
How so? Angels did their work, demons were mostly manipulated by Gilles, as were the humans. In the end a human was the root of all evil in the main string of events.

>A good human king
Cheerios is a shitty king. We all know that the power he wields to protect his people won't last long, he's created many new enemies of mankind and debauched his people on an unseen scale with the slavery, blood sports, violence, sexual depravity and torture.

>he's willing to wait it out until Charioce loses control of that power
He's just in the middle of very interesting book and doesn't want to make any breaks.

>Lucifer-sama, what about Azazel?
>Who the fu-, ah Azazel, yeah I sent few guys to look for him but they didn't return, weird huh?
He probably didn't even send anyone.

> he's created many new enemies of mankind

Yeah honestly I don't know what he was thinking by doing this, I mean, assumedly this dimensional rift shit is really bad news, bad enough that Cheerios has said that he'll use the green magic again if it fails, which seems like it may kill him, but if that's the case, wouldn't he just be leaving humanity with pissed of angels and demons at their doorstep without any heir to the throne? The kingdom would be in chaos, surely.

>personally I don't understand why that user brought humanity's misdeeds up
Because it's harder to see cheerios as being in the right when the ones he's providing for are such lowly, violent creatures. It's the same when people had difficulties sympathising with the evil demons, I find it hard to sympathise with cheerios committing crime for the sake of other evil creatures. With a very few exceptions I don't care about humanity in this show at all, in fact the portrayal of humanity in this show makes me feel bad for being one.

>wouldn't he just be leaving humanity with pissed of angels and demons at their doorstep without any heir to the throne?
I hoped Charioce's grand plan involved him fabricating his own death and making Jeanne a new king, which would work great with El The Archangel being her son and Azazel being the person who saved El. Like, you know, three races could actually try to work together. Kaisar could become her right hand and check if she doesn't sway too much to god's side.

But I guess we're not going that way.

Eh, I think the portrayal of the races evens out a fair bit since the gist of it is that all of them are either assholes who just want to fight, prideful douchebags with something to prove, and peasant bystanders who just don't want to get involved.

Nah, despite Jeanne being a saint and all, it was pretty clear that at this point, she's left that kind of life behind her, she'll fight for what she believes in but I doubt she'll become a part of a proper organization ever again, even if she survives this series.

If she had a choice she'd probably just go back to living as a normal woman along with El.

>unlike in the angels case, he's willing to wait it out until Charioce loses control of that power
That's not it. Angels are mostly trying to prevent what happenned with Cocytus from happening to their own capitol.

It't wouldn't really be out of charatcer for Azazel. Rememer he thought El was a demon. It wouldn't be out of character for someone who rescues demon children to take one that couldn't survive on its own in. It was simple pity for a child of his race.

It doesn't really matter about the reason, angels can't stand up to the green magic and they should know that by now regardless of the dangers. Lucifer is doing the smart thing by laying low, while all Gabby is going to accomplish is getting more of her people killed in a poorly thought out plan.

> couldn't survive on its own
what about all the other bone thin weak demon kids we've seen in the slums or even in the place where he rescued Mugaro? Mugaro in that case should be the least of his concerns since he can pretty easily pass for human.

Again, it just doesn't seem right for someone as unbalanced as Azazel to take in a child long term when he could die any day and could generally just not raise well.

It matters. There's a difference between Gab and Lucifer. Lucifer's capitol has already been destroyed while Gab's has not. What you're suggesting is that she sits and waits for him to come over and wreck her shit, enslave most of her people and kill everyone else. She's desperate and desperation leads to not always reasonable actions. Don't forget that Cheerios has been planning an invasion on her place the for a while now and has been gathering resources to do so.

He used him to get job at the arena, Mugaro grew on him over time. The end.

>Azazel when he looks at Mugaro
He probably got attached. And why wouldn't he with Mugaro's big silent eyes and cute smile? Mugaro is basically his only friend/family that cares about him. Rita does also, but it's more deadpan and I'm not sure if Azazel realises it.

>sports on tv
why

I'm not saying gab should abandon her city, but making aggressive moves and getting droves of her soldiers killed due to her shitty leading skills isn't helping anyone, she may as well do nothing if she's going to put all her trust into unreliable risks like El was.

Probably would have been a better idea to have angels like Sofitel try to investigate the green magic like in the mines, at least that way they might've been able to figure out the source and maybe even disrupt it, I don't know what would have happened, but the angels are basically flying blind on this one.

If not that, at least try to fortify the major cities, evacuate, or, he'll even follow Azazels lead and do hit and run style geurilla attacks to destabilise the Capitol.

Dude, it's not her fault that Cheerios has a literal plot weapon. She chose the best, and only possible moment for attack. Had she waited some more time that thing would have been firing at Arc Temple not just her spaceship.

I think it's pretty clear that the only reason Cheerios used the hand was because of El, he wouldn't waste using it to attack angels which he could assumedly beat with just the regal at green magic.

> only moment for attack

But the whole point was that there is no 'moment for attack' here, it's like running at a dude who has a gun when you only have a knife, gabby had no chance of winning. Admittedly, she realised that pretty early in the confrontation, but because she'd whipped everyone into a justice frenzy they wouldn't listen to her when she said to back off.

Heavens being in possession of El means he's unable to attack them from in close range, meaning he'd have to shot at them from a distance like he did in that fight. The only thing he needs to know is the exact location of the Arc Temple.

Except they had to utterly twist the fuck out of the God's side to make them look bad. They were in the absolute right for the most part and were victims of a lot of shit being thrown at them. Somehow they managed to make them look like the bad guys for trying to punch out the guy that was starting shit with them and enslaved an entire race.

>running at a dude who has a gun when you only have a knife, gabby had no chance of winning
She does not know that. Easy for you to be a wise guy from the audience POV but for all she knows is that Cheerios has a stash of green gems and some incomplete instructions how to build a WMD that couldn't possibly work.