The world of Konosuba used to be more advanced

>the world of Konosuba used to be more advanced
>Aqua reincarnates this guy and gives him a cheat spell that can create anything
>his ultimate creation goes mad and destroys entire civilizations
Is Aqua responsible for killing millions of people?

don't worry she gets worse

I thought he was the one who made all the advanced shit for them?

And yet, the world is still a backwater medieval dumpster. He had the ability to create whatever he wanted and he wasted it.
He was even more of a fuckup than Aqua.

I'm pretty sure Aqua is responsible for literally everything bad that has ever happened in that world.

hey Sup Forums,

what's the word for shows about the protag being from earth and getting sent to another world? I forgot

>Is Aqua responsible for killing millions of people?
Yeah, that's what happens when you hand out cheats to irresponsible Japanese young adults while eating potato chips.

isekai

Isekai iirc

that's the one,

thanks user

But that's wrong. The world was already a shithole, where it was just grimdark. Now it's a grimdark but funny shithole. Like the world was already hemorrhaging, considering how an easy monster is considered the giant toad, the fact that the undead rise really fucking easily for some reason, and a whole bunch of other shitty environmental monster hazards.

>yfw dark lord is the first dude she reincarnated

It's either that or the cat

>Medieval dumpster
>has genetic engineering, control over thermodynamics and metals that can withstand nukes
>Humans are like lowball super heroes with minimal experience
>You can live forever or raise the dead

Okay user. Just because you dont have internet or fridges doesnt mean its a shithole. Technical development has just taken a different turn thanks to magic and plentiful resources

The world became advanced due to be Japs she sent over, it was originally a shithole that was dying due to depopulation

I wish for once Kazuma did something actually cool.

Though pantsu stearu made me laugh like a moron

Poor Kazuma.

Wait until S3 then. You'll get to see his cool side twice.

Did it say it was Aqua that reincarnated him?

You know those 5 year old drawings where a girl draws a picture of her smiling family with a smiling sun and smiling flowers and they're picking smiling radishes? That's Eris' world. The problem is that once you turn everything into a smiling cute thing with a simple intelligence they all immediately want to kill each other. That's just nature for ya.

Aqua shows up, sees Eris' disaster of a world, and recommends a few """""small""""" changes to fix things and make it a productive world of ample worship. Simple things like magic, Arr Pea Jea mechanics, talking murder monkeys and power level wank. So now you have a world where not only everything cute is out to kill you, but there are now ridiculous populations of monsters, and dragons swarming the land.

Aqua continues her "helping" spiral by inventing even greater fuckups to wash over the earlier fuckups. At some point an unspeakable evil is unleashed that no one can take back. So now you have a world where everything cute is out to kill you, there are ridiculous populations of monsters and dragons roaming the land, and undead/demons swarm the wastes corrupting or killing everything that lives. The world begins to die and the Goddesses, being creatures of extreme grace and wisdom, naturally cover it up. That's when Nippon heroes start popping in to save the day.

Welcome to the world of Konosuba. Enjoy your stay.

Well, he said it.
He was a NEET

maybe it's just me. But if you need a strong feeling to create things with this power.
I think trying to fight the demon king would help me achieve that.

My feelings against him would increase with each encounter and such.

and I would ALSO make the same things he made

Yes, but at least Kazuma sought for financial stability before falling into debauchery.
This dude on the other hand was a complete disaster. Borrowed money from the kingdom he worked for to finance his gaming addiction, then half assed a monster machine he didn't even know how to control. His death count goes probably on the millions.
No wonder Eris is so diligent, with retards like him being sent by Aqua every now and then.

>Humans are like lowball super heroes with minimal experience

The average person isn't and has garbage stats. Like Kazuma if you took his luck away.

> The average person isn't and has garbage stats.
The average person is a farmer. Farmers are some of the highest level people around because picking murder crops every day makes a steady stream of XP.

source?

Yes

The story.

Aqua is responsible for Japan so its implied to be her

There's a scene in S3 where he goes nuclear on Whatshisface-kun and royal guards, humiliates them, makes everyone shit their pants, acquires a fan and accidentally gets an overpowered 12-yo fiancee (unofficial) from royalty.

The fact they farm flying, EXP-granting murderous cabbages.

>naturally cover it up
Why not put a lid on it and forget it?

Aqua is definitely just a pawn to a higher ranked god. None of that happened.

>guy dies and gets reincarnated
>asks for godhax to help improve other world
>gets sick of helpless world and decides to destroy it

I dunno, sounds like she's responsible for a whole lot more.

Eris cares too much about her world to just scrap it. That's why Aqua is helping her fix it.

> Pawn
user. Aqua IS the higher ranked god. As a prime elemental goddess she is on the second echelon, ranking only below the divine creator themself. She just happens to fuck up so whole heartedly that she's always getting demoted or serving some kind of punishment. Remember the great flood that exists in every myth across the world? She paid dearly for that one.

>As a prime elemental goddess she is on the second echelon, ranking only below the divine creator themself.
When is that ever mentioned in the novel? She doesn't have many followers and she's forced to watch over Japan. There's no way she's that high-ranked.

> He doesn't know about the four elements
C'mon. This is fantasy mythos 101.

I know about them, but I doubt that the author put that much effort into the lore.

I believe this guy's story is the best written isekai story ever

>Aqua IS the higher ranked god. As a prime elemental goddess she is on the second echelon, ranking only below the divine creator themself
I don't think this is ever mentioned anywhere, just that she's ranked higher than Eris who controls a "backwater" world

It's not clear either way but it seems more plausible that she doesn't think too much about Eris's world and is just sending over nips because someone higher up in heaven thought it might be a good idea
The fact that a random angel can take over her job shows she wasn't really in a critical position

What volume?

What a slut

> a random angel can take over her job
Is that the impression you got? It seemed far more like a "Oh wow someone is taking Aqua off our hands don't worry love I got this kkthxbai" to me.

>not big enough to satisfy Megumin
This sucks man

>he's not 15in

I think its implied that a goddess of water is going to be pretty high up on the elemental hierarchy.

I didn't say she wasn't high up, I said she was probably following orders.

She's a fuckup, but I can't hate something this dumb and cute

but that's BORING. It's much more exciting that all this bullshit is happening under the radar.
Eris' doomed world is just screaming for a full on heavenly purge and the fact that it hasn't happened yet is proof that someone higher up doesn't know about it.

This girl right here is a bitch.

6th.

Or maybe they just don't give a shit, which is why they left someone irresponsible like Aqua in charge of the reincarnations.

Thanks my dude

How do her clothes not slide of her torso?

> Leaving Aqua in charge of anything
Really? Japan is one of the most boring places in the world to die. The leading causes of death are literally flu, truck and suicide. Even someone as totally inept as Aqua can manage to file three categories of things. If you screw up it doesn't really matter, because the person is already dead and there is no real world consequence.

There is nothing challenging or remotely pressing about Aqua's job. It's a slow going, comfy cushy job where you can't do a lot of damage if you tried. It's nowhere near Aqua's potential station, which suggests that she got pushed far down the ladder to stop doing stupid Aqua things.

I was talking about sending people to Australia with cheats.

Oh no. You don't think they're going to start sending REAL heroes, do you?

Is the manufacturer of a hammer responsible when a customer buys it to murder someone? As much as Aqua is a stupid cunt that ruins everything she touches, the responsibility lies solely with the inventor in this case.

I don't think anything, I'm just saying that leaving Aqua in charge of the cheat items proves that they couldn't care less about the state of Eris' world.

Does she get to vet who gets the offer to get isekai'd or it's mandatory for her to offer the deal?

I was under the impression that if someone chose reincarnation instead of heaven, they'd get their cheat.

If it wasn't mandatory I doubt she'd offer it to Kazuma, who she saw as pathetic

Actually she caused the depopulation as well.
She was not intended to send that may over there.
Many of them fucked up, like killing the demon lord and instantly replacing him with themselves.
New demon lord was so shit that normal inhabitants of that world refused a normal reincarnation within the cycle, which in turn caused the depopulation, which in turn led to even more japs being summoned over there.

So japs are an invasive species causing an ecological collapse of the planet?

Well. I mean. when you put it that way.

Yes.

>she caused the depopulation as well
The depopulation was why the nips got sent over in the first place, they couldn't have been the original cause

Nah only the ones she picks.
She has a habit of picking the worst of the worst and granting them absurd powers.
She actually is considered pretty high tier for a goddess as she has influence over more than one world.
She literally cannot judge a character at all.
The only god we know about by name that is above her in rank is unsealed and combined Wohlbach, that would mean the seal on the Wolbach from the story needs to be broken as well as the one on Megumin's and then they would need to recombine.
Wolbach is the goddess of the concepts of destruction and laziness and it propably thanks to the lazy part that the crimson demons could do to her what they did.

By the way crimson demons are descendants of chuunis from Japan.

How can this cat be such a lucky bastard?

They are the cause for the depopulation.
People are often send to reincarnate in one of the other worlds.
But one of those reincarnated replaced the demon lord and became so terrible people that should have undergone the normal reincarnation cycle refused to reincarnate in that world because of him.
This caused less children to be born and thus the depopulation started.

This also means all of the characters are reincarnations as new souls are not born.

Chomusuke is a female cat, user.

Isn't it also implied in V5 that he also helped create the Crimson Magic Clan through genetic engineering? So at least he did one good thing.

That would mean the only good thing Aqua did in her lifetime is send that scientist to the fantasy world.

You're just making shit up at this point to blame Aqua.

Nah man that is the actual fucking reason.
The current demon lord is the reincarnated guy.

You're combining head canon with some stuff that actually did happen. Overall creates bullshit.

Combining Transformer Dendromaiden
vs
PBR-sama

Who will win in the final battle for our souls?

We don't know much about the demon lord yet. Frankly it's way past time that we see something because half of his generals are KIA and that's pretty damn serious.

The cat is like Lich, he just maintains barrier.

Chomusuke is the other half of Walbach, a goddess and the person who taught Megumin explosion.

Thanks for the spoilers.
Season 3 has been announced only a few days ago. Guess i won't have to watch it any more.

It's a season 5 plot point.

Oh shit i was just joking i didn't think Chomu would be relevant

Even more reason to NOT FUCKING SPOIL IT.

Vulcan 300 wins.

>Eris' doomed world is just screaming for a full on heavenly purge and the fact that it hasn't happened yet is proof that someone higher up doesn't know about it.

They are planning to have a tournament where ten fighters from each of the weaker worlds will fight to determine which one will survive and which ones will be erased.

That "Oh my god" is still the best part of that OVA.

He's actually saying "Omaiga" which is more or less "you again".

As in the Avatar?

It looks to me more like she sends everyone who had an unusual death to fantasy Australia, in order to avoid paperwork or something like that. Face it, Aqua is a retarded lazy goddess who only does things either to satisfy her own ego or to escape from her troubles.
And many things she says about her own status can be put to doubt, considering how she usually behaves. Whatever she might say about how important she is, the fact is that she was replaced way too easily, as if everyone was ready to kick her out the second she fucked up. Eris may as well be too nice of a person to shut Aqua up.

>Isn't it also implied in V5 that he also helped create the Crimson Magic Clan through genetic engineering? So at least he did one good thing.
The Crimson Demons are a major reason why the Demon King is so pissed off. The other being the Axis Cult. In the end it all comes back to Aqua, probably

>So far out of all characters only Aqua can use Resurrection
>Was cast down to mortal realm
Shouldn't Kazuma consider ridding the multiverse from this plague?
I mean if she lost her divinity - she should be mortal now.

Who would be Eris's reps in a Tournament of Power?
>Darkness
>Megumin for the prize money
>Forced participation / Pity for Eris Kazuma
>Iris
>That guy with a Magical Sword

If I recall the chain of events right it was the inhabitants that did it to themselves in that case.
For a related example see King in OPM.
He didn't want to keep the job, knew he was incompetent. tried to explain he was incompetent and by some weird set of miracles people kept on misinterpreting whatever he said into "working" solutions.

How do you make him smile again?

bingo.

look at the chain of causality
-aqua sends random japanese heroes to fantasy ausie land
-japanese heroes generally fuck off because she doesn't know what she's doing
-one of them kills the demon king-> decides fuck all that, IM now the demon king
-more pain and suffering
-one of the heroes decides to make the people stronger by making food give xp. In order to make food give more xp, he makes the food FIGHT BACK.
-this leads to widespread famine as the food refuses to be eaten and goes on long bloody pilgrimages to avoid being eaten
-one of the japanese fucks around building murder golumns, rocket launchers, NES systems that run on magic, the crimson demon clan, the mobile fortress destroyer, causing mass genocide
-demon king is defeated by a cheat from japan, this one is a chuuni though, and he decides to be the NEW demon king, and put an end to the war, peace reigns
-then the axis church (at the request of aqua) starts spreading rumors about the demon king being a child molester, sadist, and well the lies get bigger and bigger and more insulting
-then the crimson demons take offense to the demonking's chuuni claims of being the greatest magician in the world and start waging a proactive war against him

->demon king is incensed, war starts up again, and world thrown into chaos, disease and terror, yet again.

It's all fucking Aqua's fault. EVERYTHING

I'm gonna cap this.

>How do you make him smile again?
take him to the succubus brothel. buy him a good night sleep.

It isn't implied it straight out says so. He even mentions all the unreasonable demands they[native Australian chuuni(s)] had like glowing red eyes.

So basically everything going on atm is more the crimson demon clan's fault for being chunni fucktards without enough honour to challenge the demon lord to a proper chunni battle?
And now you're trying to blame the current affairs on Aqua after she relatively fixed things? Shame on you.

I haven't read his post entirely, but the part about the crimson mages is headcanon. The only reason the demon king doesn't like them is because they pose a threat.

Gay and 2D loving penguins have existed before

>“The original selling point for that thing was that it ‘could see into the Demon King’s daughter’s bedroom’. But now that our victim knows about it…”
>“…would obviously be attacked by the Demon King’s daughter. Hey, I’ve always wanted to ask: why is the Demon King at war with humans? To be brutally honest, aren’t you Crimson Demons and the Axis cultists the main reason we’re still fighting?”
>“Wh-what do you mean, Kazuma? Why are we always to blame…? We just have the Crimson Demon barbeque festival every four years…”
>“Barbeque?”
>“All teleportation-capable Crimson Demons would gather quadrennially and have a barbeque near the Demon King’s castle. After the feast, us Crimson Demons then unleash a whole mess of magic upon the barrier, only returning after the Demon Army comes charging out.”

The chuuni war might be headcanon but it seems like a plausible reason for all the shit they do, it's not just because the demon king thinks they're a threat.