Thomas Sowell

>1995 releases a book detailing exactly the psychology and political motives of the radical left and postmodern marxists

>Has to watch the last 25 years of his life as everyone ignores him, calls him a coon, and it all comes to pass.

we use Ron Paul as the image of the happening, but this fucker laid out exactly how the rise of SJWs and the far left would come to pass from the media and liberal campus' 2 decades ago.

How fucking sad is it to live your twilight years watching your own prophecy go ignored and not being able to fight it in the small moment people start waking up to what you've been talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=04IQ_PvSQ_Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O-Xf8x2PbIc
youtube.com/watch?v=c6-hAWGySTY
dailywire.com/news/9556/breaking-thomas-sowell-against-hillary-daily-wire
youtube.com/watch?v=xkDMVdEci4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xbpIa4VAlPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sowell is one of the most prolific minds of the 20th/21st centuries in terms of political and social insight. It will be a sad day when the world no longer has his wisdom.

I don't care for the blacks desu, but I've always really liked Sowell.

>Lives through all of the amazing events of the 20th century

>Has to spend the end watching it all burn and desperately try and warm the future as you slowly die

Fucking hell, Thomas Sowell's existence makes me feel.

Thomas is based af

OG BASED black man

At 87 he has 10 years roughly. What's said is he is fully retiring later this year, which is sad because now he is need more than ever and with the internet people will finally listen.

He should spend his last years training a BASED black protege

The words you are looking for are "Cassandra Syndrome".

What he's talking about happened in the 1920s, and then went into lightspeed in the 60s. he didn't 'prophecy' anything.

Someone should make a statue of him, or a monument or something.

complex.

youtube.com/watch?v=O-Xf8x2PbIc

He is a coon
When told to do so he shit all over Trump during the election
He's a dirty fucking nigger like the rest of them and as ineffective as that senile cunt Ron was

how is Sowell called an uncle tom or coon
and Tariq is worshipped

Didn't he support Hillary because he thought Trump was a dumb racist?

This is how you know all the political insight in the world is worthless and people will always vote to their demographic.

Because blacks are their own worst enemy.

No He thought trump was uncouth but he probably felt clinton was the final nail in the coffin for america. He was so blackpilled back then that i wonder how he feels right now. He has been contacted by the rubin report(allegedly) so maybe there's a last interview in the future in making. We can only hope.
>youtube.com/watch?v=c6-hAWGySTY
warning: Shapiro is being a pansy as usual.

Sowell is GOAT

Nope.

dailywire.com/news/9556/breaking-thomas-sowell-against-hillary-daily-wire

Like many conservatives, he didn't like Trump, but put his personal feelings aside and voted for him anyhow, because Hillary would have dealt the killing blow to the USA.

didn't he vote for cruz on principle?

wut was the book?

Sowell is EXTREMELY underrated and, for some reason, not as well known as he should be.

> "It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others." - Black Economics Man
Liberals are always.....

Also, OP Milton Friedman has predicted many of the same things that are occurring to date; yet his ideas live on. Hayek, Friedman, and Sowell are some of the pillars of libertarian and conservative thinking and their works speak for themselves. Luckily we have years of books/lectures/editorials to study and disseminate to others.

"The vision of the anoited" by Thomas Sowell.

Just listening to exerts you'll get the eerie feeling about how he is writing this in 1994 and how it is word for word the stuff being espoused by leftists today

The Classical Liberals and Libertarian thinkers have been warning us for over 150 years, why has it taken most of the right-wing this long to realize? All those "nutters" they publically shamed and denounced that were talking about marxists well after the Soviet Union had collapsed were very efficiently demonized. How did the mainstream right just suddenly forget this was a problem in the 90s and 2000s?

Why did we run for shelter as the promise of a brave new world appeared over the horizon? We just arent as clever as we wish we could be, you know.

Richard Spencer needs to do this.

Kike money and the neocons it rode in on.

Sowell is a bad ass mother fucker and willingly refusing to read his material is equal to being willfully ignorant.

Honestly one of the few blacks I actually see as a superior.

Pretty much sums up this thread

Thmas Sowell redpilled me on economics. Seriously if you're still a "third way" faggot, please read his Basic Economics, at least so you can debate it.

I’d trade a thousand redneck imbeciles for one Sowell.

Friedmans economic plans are the reason the US became a parasite that fucked up every country it invaded, our own nation next in line for the guillotine

ITT BASED BLACK MAN XD
The "sjws" are a bunch of useful idiots for white supremacy. Abortion caps nigger population growth, gun control stops niggers from getting the same guns white people can and further centralizes arms ownership in the hands of whites, securing the border so much keeps illegals trapped in since they won't want to try to leave as they normally would after seasonal labor and it runs up taxpayer dollars deporting them even though it's never enough cause it's expensive as fuck on purpose with the way conservaniggers set shit up, etc.

Jews and jesus.

Pretty much, at least in terms of economics and history. Sowell is underappreciated af. Shit, I own Basic Economics and still haven’t read it.

Well, I presume that it's something of a natural ebb and flow of progressive vs. conservative ideology. There is a resurgence of this classical liberal/libertarian mindset as a byproduct of the bi-term Obama administration. Many young voters are now just discovering conservative ideology in the form of social and economic commentary that isn't formatted in 30sec. sound bites or "pre-packaging by MSM". Sowell's intuitive and refreshing perspective is of a clear, concise, and thought provoking manner. How quickly we rejoice in the victories of our fathers that we forget to combat the sinister beasts of today.

Funny you mention Friedman. Sowell went into Milton’s economics class a leftist, and came out of his class a leftist. It wasn’t until Sowell took a government job that he finally received der redpills

Very good book, but the last third of the book is pretty much a repetition of the first. The first third covers conceptual stuff like supply and demand, value as an abstract concept and how everything we do and every decision we make is be based on value. The middle third is about basic global finance, investment and how money and wealth moves. The third is as I said, largely a repetition of the first. After reading the first two however, the world will seem to make a lot more sense; you'll stop being jealous of most wealthy people (money is not a zero sum game, the only money of yours they have is that which you gave them), you'll realise just how fucking stupid and childish most people are in their spending habits and you'll come to realise how government is basically set up to bail out stupid people's bad decisions at the expense of intelligent people.

He has great discernment, and quickly rips apart any form of manipulative study or survey. He is the kind of guy that can handily point out shit so original and simple, and yet you had never even thought of it before.

We need more guys like Sowell who do not fall for the progressive playbook and react to their sneaky bullshit tactics. That is one reason why JP is so targeted these days, though there are points which JP is totally wrong about, he is heavily shilled again because he upsets the progressive paradigms in his debates

Ok why don't you tell me how I should feel about Sowell?

Could't have said it any better.

Thomas Sowell is a stupid nigger, and the world will be a better place once he is finally dead.

t. brainlet

Sowell was a Never Trumper, so he isn't even based. Just a house nigger for Bill Kristol.

A million people were saying the same shit but he gets the credit. Wonder why.

Based as Fuck! So overlooked and under appreciated. Can you imagine if he ran chicago before it was run into fuck the last 30 yrs or other inter cities.

tbf even most redpilled hard line libertarians and ancaps have always had reservations about Trump.

Sowell is a shit economist. He has never even done any original work in the field.

He is 100% the product of affirmative action.

>When told to do so he shit all over Trump during the election
Oh, and that's some kind of cardinal sin? Trump sucks more Jewish dick than a Mohel and he's doing fucking nothing for us.

Yes, and Sowell is just a repackaged Friedman.

Nah he is just a bit out of touch, and cannot see that Trump is the kind of person needed. The system cannot properly be reformed with the old-school republican tactics

Yeah, because they're leftist faggots.

No, he's a stooge nigger dancing for his kike masters.

Sowell would tear your alt-right heroes Richard Spencer and Millenial Woes new assholes in a debate, faggot

damn man you are laying it on thick. it is well known idiots from Reddit and leftypol come here acting like super Nazi heroes to try and purity spiraling threads and ideas to death. You are transparent

>read his Basic Economics
If you read just one book on economics, this should be it.

Not Spencer. Sowell has a narrow focus and only understand the liberal tradition, so he has no reference point outside of it. Spencer has understanding of non-liberal philosophy, so he could argue effectively against Sowell (since liberal philosophy is retarded and pretty easy to dismantle).

Fine have a (you), I'm spoiling you though, try harder next time.

And it's also unsurprising that an economist would have reservations about a man who was nothing short of the nuclear option against the left.

This mother fucker did the same thing in 1995 and his message was wider spread.
How do you think he feels right now?

It's what he is. Sowell is an unremarkable intellectual lightweight. The only reason anyone has ever even heard his name is because he is black. He has contributed nothing to his field and gives middlebrow political commentary for dumb Ameritards. He is a useful prop for "True Conservatives" and cuckolded whites to prove they aren't racist. That's all he is.

When will you fucking people leave

>How do you think he feels right now?

The man's practically a prophet at this point.

This is right on the money, as most see it, the status quo is better for markets and long term projection. Economists are usually in the business of stability, Trump is certainly not that. yet he has grown to be an incredibly competent and good leader for these modern times; albeit some messaging and media faux pas. Sowell, being initially against a candidate Donald Trump isn't of great significance because candidate trump wasn't a "by the book conservative". However, it is ironic that many of the Trump administration's policies borrow for Sowell philosophy and worldview.

well he's relatively un-memeable, so it's no wonder he's forgotten. never heard of him before this board

This is a great introduction to some of his work, you'll find most of it in print though.

youtube.com/watch?v=xkDMVdEci4Q

this smells like pasta and you need to be 18 to post here.

Is there anything false in my post? No, it's all true. Thomas Sowell is a poster boy for affirmative action. Basically the Neil Degrasse Tyson of economics.

Thanks user. I’ve been planning to read it for sometime, just been distracted. Hopefully I’ll have it read in the next few months. I’m gonna try to check out some of Sowell’s other work now that he’s retired.

He's a black person that's right wing, it's not about memeing, (((can't have that)))
I can tell you've never actually read anything he's wrote beyond the quotes people have posted here about him.

Thomas Sowell is not right wing. He is a leftist Whig. And I have read some of his writings. They are basic brainlet neoclassical economic pablum and middle/lowbrow social commentary. As an economist, he is as accomplished as NDT is as a physicist, i.e. not at all.

Praise Kek. He was the man who red-pilled me.and Milton Friedman

This channel has a great compilation of some of this school of tho(ugh)t.

youtube.com/watch?v=xbpIa4VAlPE

Nothing about Milton Friedman is redpilled

You have no proof for any of your arguments, you are just being contrarian and antiacademia.

pretty cool dude

What have you read and what do you take issue with. Be specific. Because everything you've said so far is nothing more than "I don't like him" dressed in bs rhetoric.

Thomas Sowell is not even a proper academic, since he has not contributed anything to his field.

>he's aligned with a party that's been dead for over a century
You'd know how much he hates the left if you actually read what he has written.

As for Neil, he may have not contributed a damn thing but he's famous because he used his degree to become the director of a world famous planetarium and was director during a massive rebuild of the center. You'd know this if you weren't so damn worked up about how pissed off pol was about his political statements.

I think he is doing photography now

I disagree, Friedman was an avid proponent of Supply Side economics, which was instrumental in the Reagan economic policy. Moreover, his work on topics such as monetary policy, currency history, and his broadcast "Freedom to Choose" brought the ideas of Laissez-faire/Free-Market economics to millions. He is one of the most important economic minds of our generation.

Basic Economics (standard neoclassical bullshit based on false assumptions) and Intellectuals and Society (low brow social commentary for dumb people). Along with many articles.

What would you recommend in place of Intellectuals and Society?

He was adamantly against Clinton. He assessed Trump as a risk but couldn't cause long term damage.

It's literally impossible to get a professorship at a tier 1 research school without journal publications.

>You'd know how much he hates the left if you actually read what he has written.
He is a liberal. He is on the left. He hates other people he perceived as being leftists while he is also a leftist himself.

>As for Neil, he may have not contributed a damn thing but he's famous because he used his degree
Wrong. He used affirmative action to get every job he ever had, same as Thomas Sowell.

Unless you're black. He has publications, but they are inconsequential.

Tom was right.

Sowell is brilliant. By supporting blacks that actually do something good for society, we're actually more pro black than BLM thugs or we wuz kangz Black Panther worshiping retards

>He has publications
The only objective thing you've said and now you've outed yourself.

>Friedman was an avid proponent of Supply Side economics, which was instrumental in the Reagan economic policy.
Which was garbage.

>Moreover, his work on topics such as monetary policy, currency history, and his broadcast "Freedom to Choose" brought the ideas of Laissez-faire/Free-Market economics to millions.
Yes, he was a big factor behind replacing functional monetary and economic policy with the cancer we have now.

>He is one of the most important economic minds of our generation.
I'll give you that. He is one of the biggest reasons America is such a shit hole today. Definitely important, but for negative reasons.

Source? I don't remember this happening.

>The fourth essay features Sowell's argument that Germany should not be defined solely by the 12-year period of Adolf Hitler's régime from 1933–45

lol if you niggers wanted to know about people who warned us from way back, you don't know shit unless you bring up Yuri Bezmenov/Thomas Schuman who was an ex-KGB that literally outlied how soviets propagated marxism through a carefully detailed subversion process. one of these was through controlling media and of course race politics

we have been warned far far longer than 2 decades. commie subversion is real to this day, just internal rather than external like in the cold war. spooky shit

Publishing trash is not contributing to the field. Especially when you take into account his name recognition and status that is way out of proportion to his accomplishments (which are practically nothing). There are white grad students doing better work than Thomas Sowell ever did, and they will never enjoy the status he did. Because he is an affirmative action nigger.

i found sowell via hitchens on youtube, if not for based black man i'd still be a poor, slovenly, self-hating white liberal. i owe that man my life.
t. woke, alcoholic, upper-middle class white man
t-thanks

Spotted the compromised modshill.

They saw shekels and started bowing to the yarmulkes.