Is it wrong for me to want normal people to enjoy the things I like?

Is it wrong for me to want normal people to enjoy the things I like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JI-_14J3jGE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If stuff was meant for everyone to like, it would all be shit.

Yes, because if you had more worldly experience you would realize that the more people something reaches then the worse the fanbase will get because most people are retarded. This doesn't really change the quality of the product itself though.

You enjoy what you want to enjoy. Let others enjoy what they want to enjoy.

Stop forcing your tastes and opinions on others.

Is time to move to Tumblr user.

What makes you think you're not "normal"?

There is no such thing as normal people, human tastes and groups are infinitely fragmented with no bottom, people violently rid themselves of things to fit into this normal group because they desperately want to be sheltered from other groups that they perceive.
So stop worrying about being normal and just find some friends who like hanging naked lolis too.

>Thinking you're anything but normal because you watch japanese cartoons
Oh stop it. You aren't anything special.

I wouldn't say wrong, but it certainly is a very fag and idiotic feeling/thought to say the least. Firstly because It sounds like you are a insecure teenager who needs approval from people in order to enjoy something. Secondly because It sounds like you think you are different just because you enjoy japanese cartoons, when in fact you are displaying some of the most normalfag behaviors in existence, which is to seek acceptance from people you barely know or from people who don't even care about you that much. Last but not least, the only ''normal'' people are the people you don't personally know.

People make way too much of this scene. It was like 2 seconds, played for comedy, and meant to show the harsh nature of the school. It's a dark world.

Look mom, I posted it again

Yes. Look at what happened to video games to see why you don't want that.

Yes normal people ruin everything they touch.

Walk into to your nearest police station displaying a print out of the loli torture scene from Made in Abyss. Let them access whether you're anything but normal.

yes, wanting someone other than you to enjoy the same things you enjoy is fascism.

I've thought about this for quite some time and I've come to a few conclusions. First, I understand that anime is an artistic medium and art has both subjective and objective components. Some examples of subjective components in anime are things like the quality of animation and art, no plot-holes, having nothing that defies the logic/rules of the story (this is usually only important in shows with an emphasis on "special powers" that the show's characters can use), and many others. These "objective" components serve as markers through which a show's objective merit can be established. It gets tricky when discussing a show's subjective components since they relate to what an individual gets out of a show. Often times "bad animation/art" can be used on purpose for some artistic purpose and tat kind of renders the objective metrics as moot points. This turns much of the anime discussion you see online into a war of my tastes > your tastes, or essentially the essence of Sup Forums. With these subjective components in mind my second conclusion is that everyone's subjective experiences and interpretations of a show, essentially what they saw as objective merit, should be respected regardless of whatever objective merit you perceive the show as having. By this logic I feel like its important to appreciate everyone's appreciation of a show and naturally that includes normal people. Lastly I think its counterproductive to see anime as something that should only be enjoyed by perverted, lonely, virgins like yourself (I'm not referring to you specifically here OP so please no bully). I like to think of anime as something greater than a hobby for lonely autists because anime is so much more than that and taking that perspective simply out of resentment for normal people kinda devalues anime and makes me think that those who feel that way don't actually like anime beyond the fact that they are a lonely virgin, therefore anime is a thing that can only be enjoyed by them.

Riko is a lewd girl

Yes, you are being obnoxious, nobody likes you.

Note that fearing that too many normals investing in your hobby because they may change the way your hobby is produced, say with more pandering to socially normal people, is a perfectly reasonable fear.

that scene lasted like

>it's this thread again
Literally everytime when this pic is used as OP the thread always goes to shit. You enjoy it, don't you?

If the (((normies))) like it, then it's probably shit.
Screw you, Stacy.

For you.

You actually want some weeb nakamas, not normies to like your favorite kind of shit.
It also is natural.

I think Esteem needs trump belongingness and love needs.
Gotta be proud of yourself before you start loving yourself.

Nah, people are happy to wageslave away doing nothing with their lives as long as their family is happy and healthy as a product of their boring but hard work. Realizing potential is secondary to protecting essentials.

>people are happy to wageslave away
They're not.
It's is just easier than actively looking for shit you'd like to do that also pays.

It's not wrong, it's just pointless and a waste of time. That's like wanting pigs to fly and raindrops to be made of candy.

a bad fanbase is infinitely better than a barely existent one

Full time content author have bills to pay, and small fanbase might not provide enough profit for him to focus on his content.
While with big shitty fanbase decent author will still find a way to deliver for a smaller, less retarded part of fanbase.
It's better to have some content than to have none at all.

Depends on how you look at things.

I suck dick when it comes to Japanese, but where does it say "better"?

I don't even know runes user.

it doesn't, it seems say something more like "From being alone (1 person), to being a couple (2 people). From being a couple, to being a group (3 people). Family sure is nice!"

How does a 12 year old know what a normal penis looks like?

I want some evidence of people making a fuss regarding this scene, its not even a scene really, so I guess this shot. It is so obviously played as a joke and to build the world, but I guess there's always more faith to lose in humanity so surprise me.

Orphans, communal baths.

youtube.com/watch?v=JI-_14J3jGE

What do you consider normal?

Everyone is fucked in one way or another. Western society has created this sense of normality that a lot of people buy into that, when you actually look at it from the outside is really shallow and weird.

Everyone that takes part in that normal really has to try to be a part of it, they all listen to the same shit music, they all dress the same, they all structure their lives around how they are told to by huge marketing machines without even realizing they are doing that.

Being normal is being an individual, not some puppet being controlled by someone else's wallet. So many of you guys have this wrong, straying from the herd and being different from everyone else is normal, but the "normal" most of you seem to be jealous of, angry at or intimidated by are just a giant shallow mob of simple minded morons.

Open minded people who enjoy a quality production will most likely appreciate anime if they watch ones that pertain to their specific interests.

>Is it wrong for me to want normal people to enjoy the things I like?
Yes.

Normal people do like things you enjoy, you've just isolated yourself from those people.

I had a friend asking me for anime recommendations over dinner earlier tonight.

>mid twenties
>beautiful red head
>violin teacher
>works another part time job at a liquor store
>just bought a house

I'd imagine she fits your definition of normal. This is a great place to discuss shit you like but fuck man, its way more fun connecting with people face to face about it.

>>Is it wrong for me to want OTHER people to enjoy the things _I_ like?

Said Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Emperor Hirohito, skip-a-few, the people who ran Kansas, Donald Trump and his cronies.

There are millions of people who have died because someone in power said the same thing you said. How about watching what you say next time.

Just because some normal person watched Attack on Titan doesn't make them the same as us.

I like you and your post.

>people
You mean reddshitors and tumblr whores who are either normalfags or just faggots and noone gives a fuck about.

>old hag
>beautiful