Why are Americans so complicit in living in such soul-crushingly sterile, suburban hellholes...

Why are Americans so complicit in living in such soul-crushingly sterile, suburban hellholes? Is it because most of us haven't experienced any other way of living? No wonder everyone's always stressed out nowadays. You are forced to be 100% reliant on your car and if one thing goes wrong with it you're fucked. Is it possible to un-jew our urban planning?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongtowns.org/parking/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ&t=1154s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Needs more salt

America shouldnt be built like Europe. What we need is the idea of building beautiful things that will last like Europe, while still maintaining our infrustructure for cars amd modern innovations.

Cars running on fossil fuels isn't exactly a modern innovation. And it doesn't have to be built like Europe, there are great, well-built places in America right now that are unfortunately extremely rare

It truly is awful here if your car breaks down.

Sauce: my car is currently broken down.

But a lot of our cities are full of niggers without cars. They're just parasites that sit around in their inner city rat nests. Maybe some take the bus.

Suburbia was once the white man's civilized urbia.

But that changed when even going into the cities during daytime became problematic because of traffic, lack of parking, and crime.

The only exception is a few major cities with good subway systems.

The suburbs aint that bad, city living is hell

Found the Texan lol.

lol I pass that all the time. Suburbs aren't too bad but yeah downtown areas are infested hellholes

Well most cities in America really got going post-WWII which is when urban planning started going to absolute shit. See: Jacksonville, Dallas, Houston, Tampa, etc.

Floridian, although I'm aware that pic is from Texas.

Wouldn't know, fag. I live in a rural area.

saging this slide thread

you ever been over-seas, son? it's always good to be back in the US

Gnosticism.

We need more places like Savannah

Been to Europe 5 times. 3 times have been extended stays in fucking Ukraine which I absolutely prefer over your average American stripmall hellscape. I enjoy things upon my return, like food that actually has taste, but most things just bum me out.

>Behavioral Sink

Overcrowding = antisocial/psychosis

"Modern" didn't start last week, dingus.

What other choice do I have? Europeans hate us. We can't just move back.

Just got back from Bangkok last week and already have another flight to there booked for the summer.

Sorry the furthest youve been out of the US is some tourist trap, crime ridden shithole like Mexico or Jamaica. Some places are in fact superior to the US in many, many ways, deal with it.

>Europeans hate us
Not true.

Bangkok is too polluted, I bet you spent all your time on Sukhumvit and you are going back there?

You should go to Chiang Mai, whores are better, its cooler and less polluted. Don't go to Pattaya, its all Russian mafia now

Yes they do, they do not want us in their country.

How many people actually talk to and know their neighbors while living in their manufactured suburbia? Hardly anybody. If anything produces an antisocial population, it's what we have now. Also, alternatives to auto-centric urban planning do not require overcrowding.

Nigger how is discussing the jewing of the places we live in a slide thread?

We can do better, like the picture I posted above of Savannah. There are beautiful places in America, the problem is that we aren't building them anymore and people don't even think about this stuff that makes us severely unhappy.

Actually the whole reason European buildings last is because they're built with smaller footprints. American buildings are wider, deeper yet ironically shorter than European buildings. Think of 8 foot tall ceilings as the standard in america while 9 or 10 or even more on each floor is the standard in europe... except shitholes like italy where they're still living in medivel hovels. Countries like Germany everyone lives pretty damn well even without air conditioning because of tall ceilings and buildings made from solid stone.

Their architecture and aesthetics is what differentiates the classes too. The commie block looking buildings are for the lower classes, the buildings with things like balconies and bigger windows for the middle classes. The really beautiful buildings for the upper classes.

Most of their newer buildings like from the 60s and newer have garages for cars in the fucking basements of the buildings. Really well thought out because of course it's German.

Lol, that’s like 1/4 mile from my house. The gas station on that corner is one of the sketchiest places in Houston

We just gotta keep the niggers out because they're the ones who destroy all of it.

You're speaking to one and im telling its not true, I live next to a USAF base, I have American friends, they are treated like Gods here, dont believe the 56% memes.

The sad thing is we dont have enough Americans here, except the ones who worked for Goldman sachs and Barclays in Canary Wharf
Of all the things Europe is responsible for, our proudest accomplishment is you

I would also add that "conservatives" have a well-earned reputation of sucking the cock of jewish corporations and capitalism which results in this kind of dystopia, lest they risk coming across as approving of any kind of change. Little do they know that these horrible ideas were largely implemented in the last 60-70 years and going back to what we had before is actually the conservative route.

We hold you to a high standard, which is why we give you shit over Trump.

Germans are pretty indifferent to Americans in their country too. Germans don't really give a shit who lives near them as long as they don't violate the quiet hours and are respectful. Europeans generally give respect to everyone around them, something I wish most of America would fucking figure out.

Nigs are part of the problem, although they didn't do pic related, we did it to ourselves

You can't change American culture, it is ingrained in our society.

>most race-mixed couples I've ever seen, anywhere

Savannah

That's kind of the appeal to Europeans about America. They see it in TV and movies and want to do roadtrips here.

cities in general were a mistake

Suburbanite here

I grew up in one of the most rural places in America then moved here when I was 20

Suburbs are not human. I am trying to leave

The landscape is just like the people. Mostly ugly as fuck but the beautiful parts are beautiful

I would very much love to live in Britain but your kind makes up a small minority, most people are appalled when I express my desire to live there on Sup Forums.

Exactly, you can't change American culture.

I like America and I like American buildings in their own, strange way. The problem is that areas become blighted with criminal gangs, and everything rots out. Also, greedy fuckers constantly tear down buildings, neighborhoods in order to profit on population growth, and the corrupt cities' management facilitate it

>i saw mixed race couples in a place
>therefore the urban planning of that place is to blame

Good logic, Cleetus.

If we can accept homo marriage in the span of about 5 years, we can at least adopt reasonable urban design.

I don't want to live in a shitty place just so Euros can come here for a week and have fun

God I know your pain

Cities in the sunbelt were a mistake. Atlanta was kind of on the right track but destroyed a lot of what charm it had in favor of huge freeways and skyscrapers. Then the fucking sprawl. Houston on the other hand the relaxed zoning fucked it up where you have warehouses everywhere like next to fucking residential areas and apartments. But sunbelt downtowns are pretty lifeless except like Atlanta's but their downtown is pretty pathetic in comparison to cities like Denver. Sure they have taller buildings and a longer skyline but it's not as lively as Denver's.

There are absolutely building styles which are unique to America which are gorgeous. However most of what's being built today is concrete or brick boxes that drive people to suicide

Jewgles Captcha kicked me out of 20 pages of responses.

"Fuck White people"

Maybe that'll work.

Oh look. It finally posted a reply, how Goddamn odd.

what are you, some senstive black guy? I pointed out an observation and you act like a faggot

Even Los Angeles was pretty fucking nice before the freeways. Cars pretty much ruined American cities. Which you'd think wouls've happened to Europe but didn't. Because they kept their public transportation networks and kept cars small.

I live in a major metropolitan area and it would take me about an hour to walk to the nearest grocery store. Shit is so fucked.

Denver has them everywhere.

Houston is hideous and I wouldn't have it any other way. One of the best cities for seeing how stupid Mexicans/blacks/Vietnamese can be

Denver sounds p cozy

It's because Houston lacks zoning laws

Houston really should fucking make commuter trains a thing there.

It is, pretty much like a European city but with American aesthetic.

Parking minimums are another thing contributing to ugly places:

strongtowns.org/parking/

That would be fine as long as it doesn't connect to Dallas. Fuck that city.
I live in one of the tiny rich towns on the outskirts of Houston and everyone's always scared about minorities moving in

Yeah that's why your cities are fucked. White people in Colorado are pretty much just like Europeans. They don't care as long as you're respectful.

Because the cities where all of the neat older architecture and that aesthetically pleasing look that comes from an area densely littered with businesses and housing are now all populated by stinky brown people or massively overpriced.

Nah, niggers and democrats ruined cities. LA is ugly because it's a cesspit that attracts garbage.

You should've used the recent hurricane to relocate them to Denver

LA is a mess because the whole country moved there and they built everything around the car.

Car worship in America is so dumb. Why do people equate being lazy and not using their legs to walk with 'freedom'?

>Why are Americans so complicit in living in such soul-crushingly sterile, suburban hellholes?
No Idea, in my country the landscape looks like pic related.

I was thinking more of the overall decrepit look that LA typically gives off is a bigger detractor to its visual appeal than the massive roads that cut through it. But LA's ugliness also comes from the fact that its a big concrete desert with practically no foliage except for the occasional palm tree.

It's called rural living asshole, you should try it.

People just move like locusts now.. I'm in North Carolina and I hate watching the amount of growth that's taken place throughout my lifetime

That parking lot is too big. Put a nice titty bar behind that place.

thanks reddit

>LA is a desert with no trees

Have you even been here man?

USA imported a bunch of societal rejects from other countries, and they all concentrated in the cities, hence the early form of white flight, which became what we have today

Yes. I can tell you're from LA because you're actually attempting to argue with me.

Because they lack character, lad.

You act like you can't walk anywhere or take the fucking bus.
Literally everything is within walking distance, and getting off your fat ass and getting some exercise for once will be good for you. Even in the country, it's not that hard to walk to where you need to go.
>B-But I don't want to have to walk for more then half an hour!
The absolute state of people.

I've been to LA twice, and I really liked it. You can drive all day and have cool views from the mountains

Pls stop rubbing it in

The OP pic is over 5 miles from Houston's downtown you disingenuous Floridaposter. Go do bath salts or whatever you niggers do for fun.

The way I constructed the sentence gives it away you pretentious faggot.

Sure user, I'd love to walk on the side of a 6-lane street for several miles with no barrier between me and gas-guzzling pickups blazing by at 50 mph just to get some milk. There's no possible way that situation could be improved.

Nice shrubs and dirt faggot
Maybe you can go pitch a tent with the thousands of other LA hobos in your ugly ass city

I thought it was merely a pic. unrelated. Why are you sensitive about this?

How is that subway? I heard its new but is it good, like NYC/Boston/Chicago good in terms of getting places?

L.O.L. If you want to reach a lot of people to change a lot of minds, you have to use propaganda...

what happened was that nigs moved into the suburbs next to the city.
so white flight moved further and further away
until the only "white" suburbs are like an hour away from the city and the highway to the city is now the mainstreet.

If the USA had about oh, 1500 more years of history to itself we'd have places that looked like that too, Nigel

We still have the ones from Katrina lol. I wish they could be relocated to California, let them experience the diversity

You must live in Houston too user. That pic is from The Galleria and, yes, it's a shit stain on the whole area. This is why I wish we had zoning laws.

Having a car is a necessity in a sprawling city like Houston but the alternative are cities in the northeast that are full of liberals and niggers. I'd much rather rely on my car to be able to get away from that mess.

I raise you

The sad part is, most leftists would be okay with making positive changes in this regard, while boomer cuckservative types are being stubborn faggots who have serious misunderstandings of "big government"

AYFSM? No I am not going to walk 12 miles round trip to work and back. Already lived in the city where my work is, its mainly hobos on meth and heroin.

That's located at the intersection of 610 and Westheimer in Houston. The same intersection where I broke a squeegee over a homeless niggers head for jumping on the hood of my car and smearing filthy water all over my windshield.

there are a lot of shitty small towns, but there are some good ones too.

globalists have been pushing propaganda for city living for a long time, it's gotten worse now-adays. globalists want people living vertically in their little cuck partments owned by some jew rent-seeker.

they don't want you owning land

>leftists
Call them "anti-white."

>No I am not going to walk 12 miles round trip to work and back

Exactly, it would be great if more people had the option to bike/walk safely to work that was close by and didn't have to waste a good portion of their life stuck in traffic

Cuckpartments! My fucking sides. Genius!

I fucking despise the soulless corporate shitholes we live in. Fuck the suburbs so hard.
>Oh look a fucking parking lot and strip mall
>Oh look it's some more fucking highway
>Hey would you believe that it's ANOTHER strip mall?
>Beauty and civic pride? What the hell is that?
>Walking or bicycling? FUCK PEDESTRIANS! If you want to live you should be forced to buy a car and maintain one for the rest of your life.
Speaking of pedestrians have the suburbs ever heard of sidewalks? Probably not considering how fucking everything is based around the major roadway that runs through the land that developments and strip malls spread off of like fucking cancerous tumors.
Garbage way to live.

I'm going downtown Thursday, interested in seeing how the homeless are doing in the cold. It seems like the tents under the bridges keep multiplying

>Discussing urban development isn't related to politics
Are you actually serious or just clueless?

I can definitely see the appeal of living in a big city, and the appeal of living more suburban. Both have pros and cons.

After doing a 3hr round trip commute for a few years I'll never live further than 30 min from work

If you haven't watched this already you need to. I've always in some form or another felt this way but never really knew how to articulate it until I realized other people had already done it for me. At the very least it's good to know that at least somebody else is sick of this shit too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ&t=1154s

Not sure why is started there, watch it from the beginning

Agreed. It'd be tight if I could ride a bike and live closer to work and be able to get there without getting killed for trying. My only ways from where I live to get to work are

1: Freeway (60+ mph, NO bicycles)
2: back country highway (2 lanes each way, 55 mph, shoulders but no barriers)
3: Pedal my ass overland through people's yards/innawoods/farmer's fields until I have to cross not one but TWO 500' wide rivers, then somehow hop back on my bike and pedal the rest of the way to work.