Mai thread? Mai thread

keep it straight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nojWJ6-XmeQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who's your maifu?

I find genderbended characters weird. Don't tell me Sup Forums would react the same as Mai if they became a girl. You sure wouldn't love guys.

>

>righteous tits
>but balloon shaped
Nah.

Her being trans really ruins my boner.

What's going on with her hips and vagina bones?

I want to impregnate Mai and take responsibility.

If your brain was altered to register dudes as hot then you'd have no choice on the matter, just as people don't choose to be gay or straight.

Mai doesn't have balloon tits; her breasts are affected by gravity and droop downwards. This is unlike breasts in e.g. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere which are balloon tits since they're unaffected by gravity.

Mai is a biological woman. There's no difference between her and any other girl.

but Mai's cock is bigger than yours user.

I want to start a family with Mai. She'd make a wonderful mother.

He literally had his soul put in a 100% female body, its basically Buddhism reincarntion but the person remember who they were.

Also her soul gradually changed into that of a woman.

>reincarntion
*reincarnation

>remember
*remembers

Crap, I turning into a Mexican who can't into English.

>A soul that is both male and female
Technically souls don't have genders and sexes, they are basically just the concept or essence of a person personified.

This is a fictional setting so souls can have whatever traits the author wants. Also the Eastern conception of souls is somewhat different from the Western one.

get this fetish-pandering bullshit out of my fight games

I'd rather have Bridget at this point.

Mai is a fattie.

>complains about fetish pandering in fighting games

What the fuck? Have you ever looked at a fighting game?

That just makes it even hotter.

I had this question last thread. I apreciate that this story is supposed to address the whole "getting used to a different body" but why did a setting like BB need a gender bent character in the first place? I need to read this because for the life of me it just seems like they could have made Mai an awkward girl and left things at that. Just seems like a gimmick to me.

Would Mai be a good mother?

Mai has an athletic body.

Yes. She took care of and bonded with a little girl she found and the two got really close. Mai is really good with children.

I can't get into Blazblue because of how much of trashy anime it is.

Why do we need a genderbent character whose entire story is about that.
Why do we need a flamboyant crossdresser.
What's the point? What's wrong with making a confused girl or an effeminate guy? How does it affect their character? How does it affect their gameplay?

I'm talking about the Buddhist and Christian kind simultaneously.

Mai isn't just about genderbending. Mai develops in a number of ways in her story. She learns to open herself to others after being taught to see everyone as potential enemies by her father. Also she gains self-confidence and a sense of self-worth that she previously lacked due to failing to meet her father's impossible standards. Mai goes from being shy and awkward to being cheerful, friendly and self-confident. Though she doesn't manage to overcome all of her psychological issues, since she's still desperate to earn her harsh father's love and approval.

But the genderbending was important for the story of Remix Heart; it's why Mai got sent to the academy where the story unfolds, why she was able to remain incognito despite being the heir to a powerful noble family and why the girls went around the academy looking for grimoires in order to help her. Also it was central to Mai's character arc since much of her inner conflict and her identity crisis stemmed from her transformation. And the climax of Remix Heart involved Mai accepting herself the way was. You'd need to completely rewrite Mai's manga and backstory if you removed the genderbending.

As for gameplay, how do you expect the fact that Mai used to be a man years ago to affect the way she fights?

Mai's fighting style is founded on her background though. The most obvious is that she got her spear in the Variable Heart. But her movement set comes from the training she had as a child in the Kirihito family's assassination techniques, which she learned because the Hazuki family is served by the Kirihito family.

>But the genderbending was important for the story of Remix Heart
It sounds like you could still explain this story while still having Mai always have been a girl. The only part that would need a heavy rewrite would be why she needs to be comfortable in her own body. The relationship with her father, how she stays incognito, and other stuff isn't hard to work around.

Not the guy you replied too but it just sounds like a gimmick. All the pages posted still work whether Mai is gender bent or not. Even her combat in game doesn't matter for her status, not like Amane who pranced about and acts effeminate. Really only seems like it matters in this one spin-off novel and that mine would be turned into a pic. But the my team is playing the game for the last month and watching people play for the last year it has nothing to do with anything important.

Where can I get up to date scans of the manga?

>ALL THIS FAGGETS IN Sup Forums

GO AWAY YOU FUCKING TRANSSEXUALS !!

You could say the same thing about other character. Makoto being a beastkin is really important in her backstory because she suffered from racism which led her to becoming fanatically loyal to the first people she found who treated her kindly. You could theoretically remove the beaskin trait and replace it with something else but it's still an integral part of the character and she'd be pretty different if it were removed.

If you decided to remove the genderbending and found other things to replace it then you'd end up with a different character. And I fail to see how you could replace Mai's identity crisis and her initial struggle to adapt to life as a girl if you removed the genderbending.

There's a Remix/Variable Heart on Dustloop where raws get posted.

This is my wife, Es.

Congrats on the upcoming Es doujinshi by Tanabe. Touya gets to fuck her.

>You could say the same thing about other character
Potentially, and I would probably complain about them too.

>You could theoretically remove the beaskin trait and replace it with something else but it's still an integral part of the character and she'd be pretty different if it were removed.
But remove her beastkin status and you also lose any move that requires her tail as part of the action. Which isn't many but is actually part of her character. Mai in combat doesn't have any tells to her status unlike Amane or Makoto. Which is my main point since I don't actually know her story outside of a couple snippets.

>If you decided to remove the genderbending and found other things to replace it then you'd end up with a different character.
Sure, any change would be a different character from what is now in existence.

>And I fail to see how you could replace Mai's identity crisis and her initial struggle to adapt to life as a girl if you removed the genderbending.
Dad wanted a male heir, got a daughter instead. Wanted to drill into her the idea that she would be his successor until she hit puberty and it became clear that those tits were going to complicate things with his image. While she was flat he raised her as a boy and made her wear boy clothes which is why when she transfers nobody connects the dots right away. They would be looking for a male heir to the family. But since people don't know about Mai's past they treat her as the big tittied female that she is and it's uncomfortable because A) She is not used to it and B) She still has that "act like a man", "You are not my true heir anymore" voice of her father in the back of her head.

Then mom swoops in to give some training and motivation (as well as showing her how to fight with those massive tits) and continue as usual. Different character, not some random genderbent person. I still need to read this backstory though.

>Really only seems like it matters in this one spin-off novel and that mine would be turned into a pic. But the my team is playing the game for the last month and watching people play for the last year it has nothing to do with anything important.
ALso holy shit this came out terribly. Was trying to say that watching Mai in action doesn't really have any visual elements that indicate that she's genderbent because I guess at that point she's already acclimated to being a woman now. It only seems to matter in the spin-off novel and a couple of story bits in the game.

So you consider any character trait that doesn't directly impact the way the character fights to be extraneous and to be omitted? That seems pretty limited to me. By that sort of logic you could say that Rachel doesn't need to be a vampire and could just be a witch.

Yes, Mai is used to living as a woman by the time of the games, which is why she doesn't trip or have a bad sense of balance. Celica is in the game to cater to people who want a clumsy girl anyway.

But remember that Mai is the protagonist of two manga series and a story section in CPE. The genderbending is important in those and they're where Mai primarily appears, so you can't just dismiss them out of hand like that.

She manspreads

By the way, your alternate scenario doesn't explain why Mai's father didn't just try to have more children and hoped to get a son. Besides, it should have been obvious that Mai wouldn't be able to pass for a man once puberty hit unless she was extremely androgynous. And what would Mai do about an heir to continue the family line? If she got pregnant the secret would be out.

Also Tsubaki and Jin met with Mai once a month in Duodecim meetings. Seeing her in a dress wouldn't suddenly make them think that Mai was a different person. Mai as a man looked sufficiently different that only Kagura had the feeling he had met Mai before and even he couldn't figure out where. It's not as if Mai could pass as a man when wearing men's clothes, as this page where she put one her old clothing illustrates.

Also Mai is still considered to be the heir of the Hazuki family. She was never disinherited; "Mai Natsume" is simply an alias that she uses.

>So you consider any character trait that doesn't directly impact the way the character fights to be extraneous and to be omitted?
No. But being gender bent isn't a trait that seems relevant to anything. You keep ignoring that I'm fine with Amane but they also play into his personality in game. Mai is a chick. Nothing more. And i've seen enough spinoff series that just throw in random shit just to draw in a crowd to get the same feeling from this.

>The genderbending is important in those and they're where Mai primarily appears, so you can't just dismiss them out of hand like that.
That is to be seen.

>By the way, your alternate scenario doesn't explain why Mai's father didn't just try to have more children and hoped to get a son
Mom left or someone started shooting blanks.

As I explained in my previous post, it's pretty fundamental to Mai's story and it does appear in the games. Again, Mai mainly appears in her two manga; her appearance in the games is the tip of the iceberg. And even if you only take her appearance in CF, Mai does have boyish interests, such as liking ninjas or transforming heroes and she makes comments that refer to her having once been male.

How do you resolve the other points I raised by the way?

I keep forgetting that Mai is actually a ninja.

>Dad wanted a male heir, got a daughter instead.
Just no, that would just be some odd mashup of Amane+Bullet.

Only for Taro.

>Also Tsubaki and Jin met with Mai once a month in Duodecim meetings.
No, they had just been at the same meetings. Just being in the same room doesn't mean that they got close enough to get a really good look at her.

>Mai as a man looked sufficiently different that only Kagura had the feeling he had met Mai before and even he couldn't figure out where.
It is probably something closer to the difference between Ranma and female Ranma. If you looked at them side by side you would believe them to be twins.

>It's not as if Mai could pass as a man when wearing men's clothes, as this page where she put one her old clothing illustrates.
That's only because of how large her boobs are. That said, even Mai's breasts manage to look significantly smaller pushed back by her vest like that. Might just be my personal taste, but I actually prefer her chest looking slightly more modest like this.

Mai has such great tits.

In CS it was explained that the Duodecim families had monthly meetings. It's where Jin and Tsubaki met and how they got close to each other. Mai outright thinks that she has met Jin before when she pretends to meet him for the first time at the academy. Mai, Jin and Tsubaki had interacted in the past.

Mai has similarities to her male self but they didn't look like twins, probably more like siblings. Mai as a man was taller, had broader shoulders, a wider waist and narrower hips. The fact that almost nobody realized that Mai Natsume was the same person as Mai Hazuki who they knew from the Duodecim meetings makes it clear that Mai looked pretty different. This isn't like Boku Girl where the protagonist looked the same before and after her transofrmation.

It's not just the breasts. Mai has narrow shoulders, her hips are very wide and she has a rounder ass that wouldn't be mistaken for a man's. And of course her face is clearly female.

>How do you resolve the other points I raised by the way?
The jin and Tsubaki meeting Mai while he was male? I don't know how abrupt the change happened but since it happens before he's sent to the school just play it as this. Puberty hit fast, and the father started hiding her away from these meetings for a time. A year or so of rapid growth and longer hair would do enough to make someone not recognize a person immediately.

But now you're getting into some specifics that I would need actual story knowledge for.

>Mai does have boyish interests, such as liking ninjas or transforming heroes and she makes comments that refer to her having once been male.
All that stuff still falls in within this alternate scenario. And you're telling me that girls can't also like Ninjas and henshin moments?

> her appearance in the games is the tip of the iceberg
I guess this is the problem here. It's not important in the games and I don't care for the BB extended universe. All these new faces in CF and most of them feel like fan made designs and stories. Mai included. Mechanically they are fine but their backstories are all pretty eye-roll inducing. Especially !Ragna.

>Just no, that would just be some odd mashup of Amane+Bullet.
>not liking Bullet
My only regret is that she sucks and her drive is not good at all.

Didn't know that

Mai's transformation was almost instantaneous. What you are describing sounds similar to the plot of The Rose of Versailles. Only in that series everyone knew that Oscar was a woman even though she had been raised and acted like a man since they could tell her sex from her body.

Complaining about the relevance of something to the story when you neither know the story nor are interested in reading it seems pretty unfair to me. The genderbending is integrated into the story and is an important element in it. I guess you could rewrite Mai's story and drastically change the plot of her manga as well as her psychology, but what would be the point of that? Do you want more respectability for Blazblue? I'm afraid that horse bolted the stable back in CT.

And I fail to see how Mai is any worse than characters introduced in the games. If you want to complain about thematic consistency, Blazblue is extremely heterogeneous anyway; Platinum for example looks like a standard magical girl. And there are a number of scantly clad curvy girls in BB already.

Fine, I'll jerk off to BlazBlue doujins today.

>Complaining about the relevance of something to the story when you neither know the story nor are interested in reading it seems pretty unfair to me.
I'm not going to pretend that I am being fair here.

> Do you want more respectability for Blazblue?
Blazblue started off insane with characters like Bang being ninjas that don't like to close their shirts but also being hotblooded shounen heroes out for revenge. The series is mired in the sane insanity that Guilty Gear was.

>And I fail to see how Mai is any worse than characters introduced in the games.
Honestly is this thread was about Naoto I would be shitting on him harder than anything. Or the Noel redesign that let her hair down and looks terrible. (Thank god there is an option to use her original costume).

>If you want to complain about thematic consistency, Blazblue is extremely heterogeneous anyway;
I don't mind characters being weirdly designed to a point. Litchi works, for me and always has. Bullet's daisy dukes have been something I joke about but I don't have a problem with her and that batch of characters (Azrael is OK in my books). Nine looks amazing in motion and she's supposed to be different for the same reason all of the six heroes are aesthetically different. And Platinum is an odd duck because I should not like her but she's endearing. Mai's design just looks out of place along with Es and Naoto.

The same thing happened with Xrd where the new characters looked "not GG" outside of Sin and Leo.

I want to feed her my nuts.

youtube.com/watch?v=nojWJ6-XmeQ

Mai x Ruby when?

I really don't think you can state that the genderbending isn't necessary for the story when you haven't even read the story.

Mori designed Mai's outfit and I think it fits in just fine. It reminds me of Makoto's outfit.

While I certainly would have preferred another game or anime series to take her place, was the massive asshurt about her inclusion justified? I might be biased because I never watched RWBY so I don't know how bad things are.
I just hope Mai is in the crossover to makeup for how long it took for her to get into a regular BB game.

ArcSys made this poll among Japanese Blazblue fans:

Which BlazBlue character would you want to become for one day?
1. Ragna (11%)
2. Mai (10 %)
3. Taokaka (7%)
4. Hazama
5. Jin
6. Noel
7. Azrael
8. Rachel
9. Makoto
10. Relius
11. Terumi
12. Tager
13. Amane
14. Kagura
15. Izanami
16. Jubei

Who is that person listed as #1?

>I really don't think you can state that the genderbending isn't necessary for the story when you haven't even read the story.
user, I prefaced this whole thing with the fact that I only have what little bits of her story exist in CF from the beginning, I haven't tried to hide this. You're talking to a guy that doesn't care too much about the BB story but is at least aware of story mode, but also a guy who skipped the last iteration so Mai came out of nowhere along with that slew of dlc characters. I'm watching BB wrap up after playing it since Calamity Trigger, and now all these new wankers get introduced and none of them were Jubei (finally he'll be playable). Not to mention they were all spinoff characters and I just watched Ark-systems add a bunch of Blazblue rejects to Xrd.

Mai being genderbent was just the most erroneous character trait out of the bunch. It changes nothing mechanically, contributes nothing story wise except some lines in story mode, and just fits in with my assumption that most of the DLC characters were Deviantart tier levels of OC characters.

>hakumen not on this list
Nobody care about Justice in this world anymore.

I want to be Mai permanently desu. I would be such a huge slut.

I think you're complaining about nothing, really. If you showed Central Fiction's cast to an average joe they'd point out two dozen characters more wacky than Mai, even if you told them about the genderbending.

Does Jin being an artificial human make a difference in the game mechanics? By your logic you could strip most of the character backstories. And how can you judge whether something contributes to the story when you've skipped it?

How are the spinoff characters worse than the original cast? You may complain about the genderbending but all the girls cater to fetishes and have had plenty of fanservice, such as this image. And most of the cast has strange designs.

Why she wear such a revealing clothes?
They don't in invent bra and panties in BlazBlue universe?
And what the point of pants that show off half of your ass?

Her friend had her wear those clothes. Mai used to wear bra and panties when she was a student.

>I will never impregnate Mai
why live

Kokonoe make her wear those clothes.

I really want to impregnate Mai.

>you will never be Mai and have an user impregnate you
Why live?

What does the average Joe have to do with a veteran fan of the franchise? I don't give a shit what people think. If I showed them Guilty Gear or Blazblue they tell me every character was insane. And just so you know whatever you think about BlazBlue story trying to piece together the cobbled-together nonsense that is Guilty Gear has been a lifelong Endeavor since I got into that series on the PlayStation 2. And I still love it for all of this insanity and all the weird characters that are in it.

I don't play these games because I want them to be viewed as normal but I also believe thst these games have established, overtime, their own idea of internal consistency with designs and motivations.

Mai and her ilk are all characters that exist outside that boundary. But this was a Mai thread and some user started that ball rolling without me.

>How are the spinoff characters worse than the original cast?
I'm not going to keep repeating myself on this. Read my posts again.

And the point isn't that if it's not important to the character mechanically it shouldn't exist. I have said this multiple times. Does Noel being a clone Factor into her gameplay? No but that doesn't mean that is not an interesting element to be added. If you're the guy I've been replying to this whole thread keep in mind that you've convinced me to finally read this chicks backstory and see if it's actually more than what I assume it is. But I'm almost guaranteeing you it probably won't because there's only one gender-swapping story I've actually enjoyed.

>It's another person tries to reason with a Maidrone episode
Why do you people even try?

>guy claims to like the insanity of these series but cannot bring himself to comprehend a genderbent character
This whole argument is simply based around the fact that user doesn't like genderbent characters. "Maidrones" have nothing to do with it.

>guy makes unsupported claims about a story he has never read
>you get triggered by "Maidrones"

>This whole argument is simply based around the fact that user doesn't like genderbent characters.
If that was your take then I'm sorry but that's just your perspective. Genderbent stories tend to be the same plot repeated at nausea, genderbend characters on the other hand don't bother me in the slightest. And I haven't consumed whatever story Naoto comes from either and I don't like whatever I saw in his arcade mode. But you don't seem to have a problem with that. Es belongs in Under Night in Birth based on her mechanics, and Mai should have just been a chick, we already have our requisite Briget. But this is a Mai thread and I'm just jumping on the back of what somebody else started further Upstream.

>TFW you'll never be reincarnated a woman and be a mother ;(

How can you find some sort of boundary and decide that Mai falls outside it? This is a game with cyborgs, magical girls, mecha musume, ninjas, killer blobs and others. And Mai was created by the people who worked on the games. What trait makes her fall outside a game that's already completely all over the place?

Which genderbender story did you like anyway? Seems to me that you just hate genderbending and are trying to come up with other justifications to reject Mai.

>Mai outright thinks that she has met Jin before when she pretends to meet him for the first time at the academy.
A passing meeting where they nod to each other would be my guess. Or it could have happened when Mai was much younger. As for Jin, that guy has always had some issues so it's not odd that he would forget faces.

>Mai, Jin and Tsubaki had interacted in the past.
How was Tsubaki included in this? Mai from what I can recall, never showed to have any memories about having met Tsubaki before.

>Mai has similarities to her male self but they didn't look like twins, probably more like siblings.
Image you provided suggest they looked more like twins.

>Mai as a man was taller, had broader shoulders, a wider waist and narrower hips.
Since when are twins of the same gender always the same height? Maybe when they are small, but once puberty kicks in that should no longer be the case.

>The fact that almost nobody realized that Mai Natsume was the same person as Mai Hazuki who they knew from the Duodecim meetings makes it clear that Mai looked pretty different.
Not really. You can just chalk it up to manga logic. Like, why doesn't anyone recognize Sailor moon when she looks the same when not transformed? Or Superman hiding his identity by just putting on glasses? More likely is that they never really paid attention to the male Mai... I mean it did seem she was rather gloomy back as a boy so she was probably one of those people that faded into the background.

>My only regret is that she sucks and her drive is not good at all.
Who? Bullet?

I really hope that's my cum on those strawberries

>How can you find some sort of boundary and decide that Mai falls outside it?
Same reason I looked at bullets daisy dukes and sad now. AndSame reason I looked at bullets daisy dukes and sad 'no'. And Kagura's zweihander and thought it was silly.

>Which genderbender story did you like anyway?
Boku Girl is the obvious pick. And actually one other, Sekainohate de Aimashou

>Who? Bullet?
Yes. As far as Grapplers go she is far too much work for way too little pay out. And her drive seems like it should be a good idea but it has so few uses and only has a handful of setups is actually useful in that I can't really like it.

If reincarnation DOES exist, you get a 50/50 chance.

And even if you do roll an F, there's no guarantee that you'll be born with the same privileges you have now. You could just be reborn as a starving child in Africa. Or as a victim of human trafficking in Saudi Arabia. Or as a battered housewife in Mississippi. Or as a female mosquito, doomed to perpetually get swatted away as you try and get sustenance for your babies. Hell, you could even die in uterine through a miscarriage.

What I'm saying is that you are very lucky to be able to shitpost on here. But hey, if you want ovaries, you can always try another spin on the roulette when you die.

Why is this guy so popular all of sudden?

I'd still take it.

>No Hakumen.
Shitty list, senpai.

>Nobody care about Justice in this world anymore.
We care, user. We care.

He has great tits

What happens if I penetrate Mai's tight pussy? Would she still be a man?

So, since RWBY is gonna be involved into a legit fighting game, specifically one where it has it own anime, does it mean that RWBY will have their own anime?
I can't wait for that, if only to see the massive shitstorm it will be here when the threads eventually come.
Though I be honest and say this means more Ragna.

JAMANANDA YO!

What happened to Variable Heart?

That's not even a shirt she's wearing, that's basically a tiny apron.

Translator quit and no one else has picked it up.

I still can't believe that RWBY of all things is getting crossovered.
This means that THIS also had a chance now

Ever heard of MaiOlev?

If that happens I'm gonna personally make sure that efverybody in Sup Forums remembers that blazblue is not that good and it panders vanillafaggots

MaiOlev gets all the credit because he was a visible tripfag, but there are more of us Mai fans than just him.

I am a Mai fan, but no other Mai fan liked me since pointed out the glaring flaws in their reasoning. So I became the most hated Mai fan ever. NOBODY liked me. I don't believe they had a name for me though.

Posting superior BlazBlue girl who is actually a girl.

Post some good Noel doujins and I will judge her

But that isn't the squirrel.