youtu.be/YVuF5Sl3mq4
youtu.be/8GTo1zyQXmQ
youtu.be/daOcT1lwy6I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dumb mobileposter
>twitter memeshit
Fuck off.

Ciel-senpai's favorite food
I know there is no Tsukihime anime, but there's plenty of curry in lots of different anime

What anime?

And here's a picture of anime curry.
Yet another reason why 2D > 3D in terms of aesthetics and visuals

RAAAAAGE XDDD

I want to have a lunch deito with a lamia.

What kind of fancy maid cafe is this that serves such gourmet stuff?

How does she fit into the booth?

>salad
get that out of there

It looks more like shit than the actual stuff user. Still tastes great though.

What kind of food does a maid cafe serve normally anyways? Paella and onion soup is uncommon restaurant food for sure, but not gourmet cooking either.

Why do each and ever one of these ""Japanese"" dishes have foreign influences? Japanese cuisine is boring and takes so much from other cultures.

What anime?

The typical stuff you see in an anime, hamburgers, omurice, curry, parfait, pancakes, cake.

>mfw finding out Haagen daz Rum Raison is a thing

Eat your veggies, user

That's some crazy amounts of animation for just carrots. More work placed into this than isesuma.

Who long until the inevitable Ja/ck/ dump

Just had some Thai curry today and I thought about Ciel when I was eating it.

post cabbage

All cultures give and take from each other.

>tfw did this with Mapo Tofu
It's not as red or spicy as I thought it would be.

Maidragon

from anime

You call that a steak?

I haven't seen this show in a long, long time.

Holy shit that rendering is amazing. Wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't a photo if I didn't see the brush strokes.

One that is too good for this world

>Why do each and ever one of these ""Japanese"" dishes have foreign influences?
Litterally government policy.
For the majority of Japanese history, the population is nearly entirely vegetarian out of necessity. Japan lacks plains for livestock so meat supply is constrained. This meant most authentic old Japanese dishes treat meat like a seasoning, rather than the main course.

After the Meji Restoration, the government decided to encourage consumption of animal protein (to essentially beef up the population for future war). And with no real Japanese recipes to work with they look abroad for ideas.

I enjoyed the Fujiwara ramen chapter in Kaguya-san

Yoshoku cuisine you pleb

*blocks your path*

>This meant most authentic old Japanese dishes treat meat like a seasoning, rather than the main course.
Got an example? Curious as to how it could be done so.

no stuffed cabbage rolls for her

looks oishi

Doesn't ramen just qualify for that? The meat is a small part of the dish overall and I would be fine eating a bowl with more veggies/egg to compensate for a smaller meat portion.

Not the previous user, but look at anything like fried rice or fried noodles. You've got a little bit of meat in the mix as an enhancement while the majority of the ingredients are rice or noodles.

>Got an example? Curious as to how it could be done so.
The most famous example is technically also a recent invention, as it involved potatoes.
Nikujaga was actually an adoption of the Western Beef Stew to Japanese sensibilities. The result being pic related, most of the dish being potatoes and carrots.

japanese curry is pretty damn good. I had an import store nearby that sold golden curry blocks and it was always a good meal. I want to try adding things like apple and honey to it, but I've never been able to find a guide as to how much I should add.

>golden curry blocks
Which one should I try? I've never had Japanese curry before, so I might as well do so the next time I hit up a store.

A hot dog for breakfast

The store I went to was a small import store that sold 3 different 'spice' levels I guess. I know that there are some like Vermont curry (which incorporates the apples and honey I mentioned IIRC), but depending on how much spice you can handle any should be good. it's pretty easy to cook too.

Oh, and that pic had 100g of beef for 2 servings, allegedly.

>that entire episode Megaman had about curry
youtu.be/YVuF5Sl3mq4

>no plains for livestock
I guess that explains when I see Japanese tourists grocery shopping they sometimes have a cart-full of meat.

I usually stick to the medium and it's not hot at all. Tastes great and its stupid easy to make.

That show was so good. I want some tonkatsu now.

Japanese meat is also ridiculously expensive. It's kind of a shock to them when they see prices and it triggers the same thing in all of us "HOLY SHIT, THESE IDIOTS ARE GIVING AWAY THEIR STEAKS. SHINJI, GET THE ROBOT, WE'RE FILLING IT WITH MEAT BEFORE THEY REALIZE THEY'RE IDIOTS"

I'm sure it takes a bit to adjust to prices of special occasion food being 85% off.

Add to taste. There's all kinds of shit you can add that you wouldn't think of: Coffee, Yogurt, Ketchup, Worschestershire, Apple, Garlic and more are all popular additions to spice/sweeten it up.

I personally use golden Curry Medium and add coffee, honey and Sushi Ginger Brine to give it a sweet and deep/savory taste.

I also marinate the meat in cooking wine for 7 hours (24 if I get lazy) and then cook the meet bourguignon style (cook the meat by boiling all of the wine off) after I add it to the onions..

Japanese style curry is basically stew and is still my favorite food.

youtu.be/8GTo1zyQXmQ

youtu.be/daOcT1lwy6I

Do they only sell Kobe beef over there or what?
Do they feed all of the subpar-quality beef to dogs or something?

Yeah. It is based off of Western stews, right?

Also, do you usually use beef? I typically do chicken breast because it's not as hard to chew and a little cheaper. that sounds good though.

I wish I still lived close to the store, I should stock up next time I'm down south. I wish I could just make my own curry 'block' though.

Wait is there curry that isn't basically stew?

No, kobe beef is a super involved process and requires strict diet/exercise regimes. It's a protected designation of origin (see Champagne).

It's just that they're a small island with shitty terrain for rearing animals. Just basic supply/demand stuff, importing meat costs money so the customer gets to foot the bill.

It's kinda like how imported section of any super market is way marked up.

If you cook it bourguignon style, the meat gets super tender. I prefer beef, but I almost always use chicken for the cost reasons like you do. I usually use sherry for chicken and red for beef. Marsala works ok with the chicken too taste wise. Just have to experiment and smell the wines yourself if you're not familiar with them, because that's how your meat will taste. I promise you red Wine w/beef is to die for though.

Oh yeah, I cut it all up before I marinate. More surface area = more saturation. That part might be common sense tho, but it's best not to be lazy on that part. I do buy baby carrots because not only am I too lazy to cut them, they're slightly cheaper per lb than whole
carrots here.

No idea, but i'd guess the answer is no.

Make a roux using flour and butter (or oil). Whisk it until it's darkened. Then add curry powder. Sautée onions, garlic, ginger, add a bit of soy sauce, shredded apple, and chicken stock (or dashi, if you'd rather use that). That's the roux cube.

Hmm, I guess that's why many anime present eating meat with a meal as a big deal.

Well, they still get fish.

Do you remember this?

It tens to not be as spicy in real life as they made it out to be. Still delicious.

>I guess that explains when I see Japanese tourists grocery shopping they sometimes have a cart-full of meat.
It was also why Salisbury steaks became a staple in Japan. Basically meatloaf, just in patty shapes. Mince was the most affordable option to feed the family. But kids love it so that helps too.