Tanoshii Moomin Ikka

Hello, I am one of the best SoL ever made.
Americans don't know me. Japs and Europeans do, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dnOj1EyMLgg
youtube.com/watch?v=BUIpX3XVVb8
youtube.com/watch?v=oiZ0eBFTH6k
youtube.com/watch?v=4y992IDXJ1o
youtube.com/watch?v=7tio_ZmHf4Y
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPi5g8Qf38dOS1LzNTdcm-Nb_UxkOUd33
youtube.com/watch?v=zejA52ObAgs
youtube.com/watch?v=nF1l2PvH_Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=KpimNiJ-HPY
youtube.com/watch?v=9iLz4dXZJL8
youtube.com/watch?v=raTyGd0Ki1w
youtube.com/watch?v=stH5uPORe6M
youtube.com/watch?v=1T-yW8NwMYc&index=13&list=PL91AF46A653D03AEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unironical masterpiece 10/10, used to watch the shit out of this as a kid.

Comfy SoL? What are you trying to do, Traumatize poor anons for life?

I am still the scariest monster in anime history
T:Groke

What trauma?

I really want to watch this but there's no subs for it.

Snufkin is one of the greatest mentor figures I've seen in anime. Not only is he competent and knowledgeable, he shares observations that hit home for others. What makes it better is that he isn't ostensibly a teacher or adult, but just the wisest among the kids.

Who /comfy/ here?

Fuck it I'll just dump my all my Snufkins

That's all I got

Digits.

>wisest amongst the kids
Technically but he lives on his own and is entirely self sufficient. He's unironically a man-child.
The kids will be excited about something and he'll just shrug and get involved. The adults will all group up to do something and he'll just shrug and get involved. He fits perfectly into both social circles- that is to say well enough but not properly. He's in his element when he's full hermit mode exploring or convincing Moonintroll to go on a private adventure with him.
The above might sound negative but I don't mean it that way. He really is a great multifaceted character.

I wonder if Snufkin is smelly. He's always traveling and probably doesn't have many fresh clothes. I don't remember any scenes of him washing himself or his clothes.

There are english subs on nyaa.si. Search with the name in the first post.

I always thought that Moomins gave off a kind of sinister vibe. Like, they're living in this tower located in a verdant valley, but you get the sense that as soon as you move away from the tower, you'll find all sorts of creatures and spirits.

So how did a pea brained Nip come up with an amazing setting and characters?

I refuse to believe that a Nip wrote this

>The adults will all group up to do something
To be fair, most of the adults with the exception of Moominmama are fairly childish and can't get anything done either.

>160433440
Here's your (You)

I don't think anyone would care. You get used to stench after something like 9 days and your naturally occuring germs reset in 12 or something like that.
They likely all smell other than the Moonin's and The Snorks. Again, after a couple days of repeat exposure the nose adjusts.

They didn't. Tove Janssen did.

They come up with amazing settings and characters all the time.

Yeah but they don't get the kids involved in their discussions and real work. Snufkin naturally slots into their proceedings without issue, just like he does with the kids.
Hell he sits off quietly half the time anyway. Like the scenes where people are sitting in the living room having a discussion and instead he's sitting on the railing outside with his head stuck though the window to chat

>replying to bait

In Finland we pay a tax that goes to our public broadcasting company and they used to have this show for free on their website. I don't know why they don't anymore. Why even bother paying taxes anymore.

Also japanese cast for this show is amazing. Not that Finnish cast is bad.

>Tanoshii
Hey, where the fuck is the mahjong?

How do you know it's bait when there are so many people who would seriously make that post?

>I don't know why they don't anymore.
Their license for the show expired?

Snufkin is a goddamn anarchist who destroys parks just because.

if I ever bothered to read the books I'd imagine they'd be best but for the anime the jap casting is my preference. Hell even the OP is better. Still light hearted but it pervades more wonderment at the start.
For me that's something that bears focus. Moomin might be good fantasy SoL but it's the adventure and discovery that really lifts it up in to 'classic' levels.

Don't be a fucking secondary, read the novels and comics.

>park
>implying you can own nature
Snufkin was just exercising his right to access whatever location he pleases

Was it ever explained what happened to the Snorks before the Moomins moved to that island because of Papa's autism?

>Their license for the show expired?

I did some searching and I guess they've done a remastered version of this show. The rights to the original voice track is with YLE (like BBC in England) but another Finnish network owns the rights to the animation. So now because YLE didn't wan't them to use the original voice track they re-dubbed it with new voice actors so that the other nwetwork can show it. I'm so glad I don't follow this stuff at all because now I'm angry.

Oletko edes suomalainen? I agree with you that japanese opening is great and provides more ethereal sense of wonderment. But nostalgia is a powerfull drug.

Japanese version:
youtube.com/watch?v=dnOj1EyMLgg
Finnish version:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUIpX3XVVb8
English Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=oiZ0eBFTH6k

>Japanese version
>this was composed and sung by husband and wife, respectively

>nostalgia
Sadly for me I'm very late to the party. While I had heard of the show for years I've only recently watched it. Even without nostalgia it's still the easy winner.

>He's unironically a man-child.

Id call him more a child-man

I remember hearing some pretty neat music off The Moomins soundtrack at some point.

Okay, but where do I start?

>They didn't. Tove Janssen did.

I didn't know this. Thanks senpai

No problem.

Remember to tie the rope very tight.

Polish version:
youtube.com/watch?v=4y992IDXJ1o

Moominland Midwinter (Trollvinter)

>both takehito koyasu

what the heck

What is it, Monster?

Whole comic is about hos she doesn't care about the risks of gambling but thinks the bikini is a bit risqué. (Should be the opposite)

You only need 5,000 signatures to start the Muumipuolue.

>Swedish version not listed
Why?
youtube.com/watch?v=7tio_ZmHf4Y

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPi5g8Qf38dOS1LzNTdcm-Nb_UxkOUd33

I remember seeing this as a kid.

hippo

Let's not forget about this fuckers.
I was really afraid of them as a kid.

Gods gift on this earth, its the best anime I have ever watched

My grandpa had one of these [pic related] and these guys made me get nervous around it.

Music in this series is god-tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=zejA52ObAgs
youtube.com/watch?v=nF1l2PvH_Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=KpimNiJ-HPY

Watched a few episodes in Japanese, but it's surprisingly comfy in Swedish, sad that not all of it got dubbed.

Also spawned one of the better anime movies based on a series.

/r/ seeds for raw torrent. They're dead and I understand nip, but can't find any copies of the files since nyaa went down.

Moomin got a bluray release in 2012 and there's still no rip of it.

There's a torrent with 14 seeders on rutracker.

i grew up with the mumi trolls as a kid, with the books, and i think i saw the anime at some point, as i remember some shit, but the books i remember clearly

Aww yeah, amazing movie. Also the finnish ending song is comfy as fuck.

I was actually really afraid of him as a kid, even had nightmares about him.
Moomins were hardcore as fuck.

Her.

Now I feel dumb.

Loved this thing as a kid, they actually aired this in Mexico too, many of the people i grew up with also liked it.

is this show episodic? I don't remember anymore. I remember slight plot lines but those might have been 2 parters

That's just for the first 26 episodes though, I don't want to get invested in watching something for it to just have no finished subs.

>how are you going to heaven
is that the caption?

There were couple stories with multiple episodes, like when Moomins grew a jungle or they visited an old lighthouse, but mostly episodic.

Finland loves to milk this like every other thing that put us on world map. We have a Moominland and our airline company (at some point at least) used moomin liveries in it's fleet. The series itself is known to every household because it would air nonstop on the only national broadcast station we have.

There are laods of multi episode story lines but they're usually segmented into short acts. Like the Hobgoblin and the Ruby
Hat/hob [other eps] midgets visit/magic tree
That's a 4 episode arc that is spaced out amongst other episodes

Good shit.

>Nipsu wa double nigger

I watched this on TV when I grew up, but inspired by this thread I decided to start rewatching it. And it truly is great.
I already saw a few episodes five years ago, so I knew it held up, but this feels so good to watch.

>mfw i can read it in the original language while the finnish can't because they skipped their lessons

Always double up with nostalgia.
youtube.com/watch?v=9iLz4dXZJL8

Finland insist on Tove JanSson not being part of the Swedish speaking minority.

Why is Finland Swedish so inherently comfy?

it's swedish but finnish
lots of forest + lots of swamps

get out of here. I watched it as a kid in Hawaii, THIS is the correct version: youtube.com/watch?v=raTyGd0Ki1w

Now i want to rewatch whole show, dammit

I still dont get after all these years why this was so popular with girls

Maybe if you stopped constantly eating pineapples and lazily strumming at your miniature guitars you'd actually evolve past the bronze age.

I remember this airing at the national channel in Norway. Probably a horrible dub, but it was still a classic

>Dumb anons not knowing that the VA was the same

>Finland insist on Tove JanSson not being part of the Swedish speaking minority.
Nobody does that

maximum comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=stH5uPORe6M

As kino as it gets.

moomins has god-tier Soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=1T-yW8NwMYc&index=13&list=PL91AF46A653D03AEA

>he didn't read the books when a kid

I understood that reference.

Vi må få til en HQ torrent med norsk (og japansk)

Remember watching this as a kid.

Haven't seen more than joke clips. But guess lured in by cute dogs, stay for the melodrama.

She just wants something to warm herself with.