Any Orthodox bros?

Any of you Sup Forumsacks Orthodox?
Gimmie some good material to read on it.
Looking to learn more about the church but as I'm a Bong it's kinda intimidating seeing as the congregation are Greek/Russian/Slavic and the service is held in Slavonic/Greek and English - only exposure to Christianity thusfar in life is Catholicism as a kid which was all Latin mass and the Presbyterian church when I was a bit older, so I'm rather clueless.

Other urls found in this thread:

oodegr.com/english/istorika/britain/British_Orthodoxy.htm
oodegr.com/english/brit_celt_orthodoxy/brit_celt_orthodoxy.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Choosing Orthodoxy instead of the world's most alpha religion
kek. As if that was going to happen.

I'm Orthodox. AMA

Also here's a good article about ancient Bong Christianity
oodegr.com/english/istorika/britain/British_Orthodoxy.htm

How do I approach a Priest/the Church? Level 20 sperg here.
Just rocking up to a Divine Liturgy gives me the fear. Reading through a couple books on Orthodoxy to get to grips with the history and workings of the Church.
Would you recommend any in particular?

Is it a sin to not care about going to heaven? I believe in Christianity and all, but I just don't see that it matters whether you go to heaven or hell. They both seem the same to me.

Orthodox fingol here.

>alpha
lol

Fuark.
You through and through Finnish? Or have Russian heritage?
Born Orthodox or converted? If converted, how was/is the process?

Better start by looking in ancient Christianity in England. Did you know that you were Orthodox at first before the schism? I know some books but not in english.

Well, kinda. Maybe you have a wrong idea about heaven and hell.

Reading that article now, I had no idea. I would have assumed it went Pagan - Catholic - Anglican then in some parts Presbyterian.
My local Parish has a student discussion evening, I was thinking of going along to that, seems a lot less full on than stumbling into a Liturgy during a period like Lent.

My point is basically that existence itself is the problem, and christianity doesn't solve that. So there isn't really a reason to care about going to heaven or hell because it doesn't address the core issue.

I too was stunned at first. I never have thought that Europe was Orthodox in ancient times. Yeah you can try that if you can overcome your sperginess. Here some more sources i found.
oodegr.com/english/brit_celt_orthodoxy/brit_celt_orthodoxy.htm

Man i hope you don't try to talk to me about that gnostic autism...

What happened to the patriarch?

t. BTFO'd chrisfag

He is not a Pope for start.

All catechumen are looked down upon since they never "grew up with it" and it will always devolve in to a pissing contest over "well, they came to the liturgy but missed hours and vespers..."
And holy fuck you better be prepared to stand for hours on end user.

How many Saracen cocks do you service on the reg?

Orthodox burger here. Uncuck yourselves, Protestants.

I guessed as much, it's probably the same with all churches and congregations.
Lmao yeah, I read/watched videos. No seating, luckily my knees are A-OK.

My entire country is pretty much Protestant with Catholic influence still in Scotland, and with that has come sectarianism.

It's your lower back that's going to take the beating.