Only when she's paired with Mercury

Long hair, high heels

Moon is beautiful.

Mars

is this yuri

Rei a q.t.

Long BLACK hair. This is important

Used goods. Not best.

because you're a faggot and have shit taste, your waifu is shit, get over it kids

She's rather dull in the new anime.

Mars with funbags is good.

Crystal is shit and pointless. Why would anyone even bother watching that shit?

Everyone's rather dull in the new anime.

Isn't the new anime based on the manga?
I think most people expected it to be cool, and some things are, but the characters lack that spark they had in the old one.

That's the problem. It follows the manga far too closely. The old anime worked because it had so much filler and allowed all the girls to exist as their own characters, giving them time to breathe and develop outside of Usagi's own story.

Even Usagi lacks the charm from the old anime though.
I think it's just the manga author didn't know how to do charming characters, and just wrote generic shoujo characters,

The anime did a massive improvement on that, which is why SM wasn't solely liked by women.

I think Sailor Moon would have been awesome if Takeuchi was allowed to go through with all of her original plans for it.

No idea.
Plot-wise, the manga is great. It's just the characters that are lacklustre.
Also, as you said, it's also bad praxis to have a wide set of important characters, and only focus on the MC. That's a mistake many authors and anime writers/directors make.
Sure, the MC should have the main focus and the most development (some stories do happen to fail at this), but that doesn't mean the other important characters shouldn't become well-rounded and even worse, sometimes even neglected.

I prefer Venus pairing.

I prefer her doujin upgrades. Making her more slimmer, plot filled, and adult. But not Black Dog, that's fat clamp levels of the fapping world.

Every boy had a crush on Sailor Mars. It's kind of like how it was impossible to watch Power Rangers without getting a crush on the Pink Ranger.

There's a huge under representation of best grill Jupiter. Where's my waifu at?