Quirks or Stands?

i mean they're both similar

Devil fruit

PERSONA

I like Quirks. They're not super-complex like Stand powers are, but the non-generic ones (Momo, Kyouka, Frog-Girl) are pretty interesting

The fact that they are coplex make the stands very usefull in diferent situations, co can do a lot of fun stuff with one stand, adn stand arevrepresentation of you spirits streanhgt soo pretty often they fit great with user, +stand can have personality

Stands are willpower manifestation

They are not, now fuck off

Why not both?

>Similar
Maybe if you're unfamiliar with both they're similar.

If you've only read/watched two shonen with power systems, sure.

Quirks are closer to Nen from HxH than anything. You're born with one type of power and can learn how to do cool and unique shit with it with training.

Quirks are more like devil fruit powers where you just gain a superpower. Stands are punchghosts.

Rubber nen xD

I still don't understand how all might can be super strong jumping over buildings and trading blows with monsters but deku punches something once and his hand breaks

so you just haven't read or watched it at all, have you?

My turn now.
Ki or Nen?

Nen

I still don't get stands. Like sometimes they're the user's magical fighting avatar, sometimes they're a magic item and sometimes it's like a weird rule or something that the user can place on things and people. Did the series even explain where they come from, why some people don't have them or why we didn't see any in the first two parts? Like there never seems to be any established rules and when there are rules, they'll probably change when the writer writes himself into a corner and needs a bullshit reason for the hero(es) to win. I don't mind some of these asspulls but a little consistency would be nice.

With quirks it's simple. They're superpowers and mutations.

wow every question you asked was pretty much explained entirely when the concept of stands was introduced.

Why not just standard ESP?

Also accelerator could beat all might, be interesting to see someone with a quirk like his.

Not really, stands often operate on abstract concepts, while it's pretty uncommon for quirks.
They both work very well in stories they were developed for, although quirks being hereditary complicates things quite a bit. Araki's 'it just works' approach is a much simpler solution from a storytelling standpoint.

Quirks are just X-Men mutations.

If you fuck your stand you're fucking yourself

Deku's body is too weak for one for all

Read the manga and you'll understand most of it

Quirks are kind of like Biological Processes from Mutation
Stands are practically Willpower manifested into some sort of psychic form

I'd go with Quirks for character/skill development but I do like the variety Stands bring.

Plus, Quirks have lots of utility while Stands are incredibly specific and usually have to be used creatively.

Stands - purely offensive, stands are uber but the human is still puny
Quirks - offensive and defensive

Eraserhead is basically Touma

Psychic manifestation of your soul

They are fucking weird because people are fucking weird.

Personas.

>stands
>purely offensive

so youve just never read jojo then

1. This 2. Deku lacks proper control. I doubt Toshinori was any stronger than Deku before he got OfA, and yet he controlled it much better.

Stands are more broken. We don't have any time controlling Quirks, and I hope we never will.

qands

This
+haki+martial arts = ultimate shounen weapon.

everything is a Jojo reference

>weak against water
lol

needed nerf

sea water

All water, Spee D. Reader.

whatever this is

Quirks generally make sense. They are powers, they originate from a singular source, and usually require some sort of energy input. Really the only ones that don't make that much sense is Stain's quirk (how is he affecting someone's body by ingesting their blood, is it telepathically? blood manipulation? if he requires someone's blood recently why not just carry vials of each type of blood on him since it's type based?)

But stands can be fucking anything. They can affect anyone and anything with any effect. Reality itself does not affect stands. You can write stands are being able to do quite literally everything; it would be harder to write in restrictions to what they can't do.

So I like quirks more

over soul

See: Shaman King

Stands ruined Jojo and are the worst battle shonen power.

nope just sea

Apparently the sea has a property that negates their shit (see seastones).
unless you are talking about Crocodile

Gum or Rubber?

Quirks:
>Almost everyone has one
>Yours might not be much but that's okay

Stands:
>If you have one then other Stand users will be attracted to you. That could be very dangerous
>Your stand could actually be detrimental to you (Super Fly and Cheap Trick)

Quirks are a safer bet.

i havent read it but arent some quirks detrimental too?
like isnt one girl forever invisible

Even more broken, in a sense. Eraserhead only needs to see someone to nullify their powers.

>Psychic manifestation of your soul
So why is Joseph's stand so lame?

Hamon

But those are basically the same thing as Stands.

>Not wanting geass with no setbacks

That must have a vector through so accelerator could reflect that back at him there by causing him to nullify his own powers.

Can't he just reflect and refract the light vectors to be invisible?

Fuck off Hermit purple's one of the coolest stands
>Fuck with electronics
>Even lets you fuck with mechanics to the point of being able to fly (kinda) a plane
>You can see the goddamn future
>You can also scry shit down to the microscopic level
>Hamon synergy
The only reason Hermit purple isn't completely busted is because its used in the 80's and 90's, imaging the shit a Joseph in his prime in the modern era could pull off with that kind of power.

They are not that similiar. Every shounen have their own power system, and it can be divided in two big chategories.
Magic that anyone can learn but for some reason no one learns other kind of magic because we need individuality: Naruto's jutsus, FT's magic, NnT's magic, haki, hamon
Magic that depends on the user:
BnHA's quirks, HxH's nen, devil fruits, NnT's powers, whatever Bleach has and stands
That's where the similiarities end though. Quirks are much more like Bleach and NnT's powers, completely random and depending on the user's personality.

Yes, but that would require him to know Eraserhead's Quirk beforehand, unless taking in light that's touched his target isn't all that happens, in which case there might be an incoming vector that Accelerator could redirect. If viewing is all that happens, then it's a matter of who thinks to block the other's powers first.

Agreed. You also can do a lot of asspull shits.

>a rose by any other name is just as broken

That's a nice stand name. What can it do?

they're not similar you're retarded
stands and nen are similar, but quirks don't have anything in common with stands

I could spoonfeed you and give you instant gratification since I invested time in the source material to learn the answer to all these questions.

Instead I'd rather you stay inquisitive and investigate or find out on your own as it may end up more rewarding.

nen is just build your own stand

Stands are built around asspulls through bizarre (yet mundane) skills. I don't think an Araki character ever has thought of the word "training". They just go with it.

out of the 150 something stands, only 21 are punching ghosts

Stands are anthropomorphized psychic phenomena. Instead of Jotaro just having telekinesis it's represented by Star Platinum floating picking shit up and bringing it to him.
Some abilities are contained in objects or don't have a range beyond the user physically touching something, and don't have their own humanoid appearance.

「a rose by any other name is just as broken」
>can explain quirks, stands, personas, geass, esp, pk, psi, or other abilities to speed readers after having consumed the source material
Destructive Power:E
Speed:E
Range:A
Durability/Staying:A
Precision:A
Development Potential/Learning:D

Similar like yuri and yaoi

Both about homosexuals. Literally the same.