US Army drops grenade throwing

What is going on with the US army?

>US Army drops grenade throwing as a requirement to graduate because new recruits can't throw far enough

US soldiers confirmed for low-test.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5392363/Army-wont-require-recruits-throw-grenade-far-enough.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EUFOR_Tchad/RCA#Casualties
youtube.com/watch?v=pugNaCZ1RR8
youtu.be/UG4DoJvyfbw?t=575
sofrep.com/94786/careerism-cronyism-malfeasance-special-warfare-center-end-special-forces-capability/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty dumb, but probably a decent cost saving measure. Just have the combat arms guys train to throw them. I threw a couple in Basic and then never even saw one again in my entire four years.

>I threw a couple in Basic and then never even saw one again in my entire four years.

Confirmed for not infantry.

no no no it's not low test.
It's called W O M E N

do they use real grenades maybe if they do too many retards got themselves hurt

Fat muttlets can't throw worth a shit.

Imagine your country being so cucked, that history keeps rewriting it's self and the army continues to keep getting softer and certain aspects of the Military and requirements are removed because it's too hard for women.

Grenades are like THE staple anti-infantry weapon. Just how fucking bad are the recruits the US is getting?

>Confirmed for not infantry.
Yeah, no shit. That's why I said to have the combat arms guys train with them. Having me throw them in basic was totally pointless.

>learning basic war skills is totally useless

were not readying our troops to fight anything anymore.

Just FYI, the Training PoGs go through is Completely different and separate from the Infantry. And as far as we are concerned, they could skip basic entirely because they are all fucking useless

I was Infantry and threw exactly 4 grenades at training ranges. Grenade ranges are a huge pain in the ass because when you have a dud you need to get EOD out there to do a controlled det. Plus they make little fire cracker dummy ones that are the same fucking thing without a huge boom.

I only ever saw 1 grenade thrown in combat. The NCO (who ran our grenade range) failed to sweep his thumb safety and the grenade did not detonate. An ANA retrieved it for him so he could reinsert the pin.

I remember reading some Vietnam memoir and the guy talked about one of his buddies throwing a grenade so hard at a gook that it killed him when it hit his face.

they're not deploying their best, folks

Our whole military is undergoing a transformation right now away from COIN and toward fighting the cold war again. They cut a whole bunch of light infantry battalions and rolled all the dudes into mech infantry units. I don't know the SOPs for mech infantry but I'd be shocked if they rely heavily on grenades to counter infantry.

Grenades are fucking dangerous, even one dead soldiers

>On 4 March 2008, two French soldiers in a soft-skinned landrover-type vehicle strayed 3 km into Sudan from Chad, and were fired upon by Sudanese forces. One of the soldiers was killed and reported missing while the other was wounded.

>Twelve French soldiers then entered Sudan to search for the missing soldier. They then came under fire, and fired back, killing 32 Sudanese soldiers.

>The missing soldier's body was found by the Sudanese Army on 5 March, and was taken to Khartoum to be turned over to the French. However, one of the soldiers' grenades detonated as his body was being carried away, killing four Sudanese workers.[28]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EUFOR_Tchad/RCA#Casualties

Ok, then you need to have every non-11b unit actually train with frags on a regular basis to keep these skills relevant. I was a mechanic that worked in the motor pool. No one in my entire brigade ever trained with grenades after basic. Learning a skill once, throwing a couple grenades, and not retraining makes the initial training essentially worthless. Either train regularly or don't bother learning the skill to begin with.

They must reintroduce rifle grenades then.

We've got M203s, M320's, and Mk-19's now.

A lot of the people who volunteer for the military are total fucking idiots who can't get a real job. I can see how giving them grenades is a bad idea.

I can understand how grenades would be a more specialized weapon you have to qualify for and not a general requirement. One moron with a grenade can take out many friendly soldiers.

What could it be?

youtube.com/watch?v=pugNaCZ1RR8

Those are useless when you need to chuck one around a corner or into a room before you enter. Grenades are great for clearing hostile buildings.

That doesn't seem dangerous at all, what could go wrong?

women have low test tho

What benefit is there to weakening the military to accommodate women and fags?

Standards are getting lowered across the board for women. Just the other day, the Marines dropped one of the hardest requirements for their Infantry Officer Course--because women were consistently failing it. Across the board, physical fitness requirements have been reworked to lower or remove activities that involved upper body strength and load bearing. Anecdotally, you're already hearing stories about how women are being given special treatment both during training and when they get to their units, and how morale is crushed and the unit is turned into a huge jealousy-fueled fuckfest the instant the woman arrives. According to a recent open letter written by an anonymous Army Special Forces operator, even our elite forces are falling victim to this sort of thing. And despite constant, overwhelming, and long-standing evidence that women just simply aren't cut out for this sort of thing, this dumbfuck experiment continues. "Standards aren't going to be lowered", they said. This isn't even getting into all of the other ways our military is being weakened by means of PC madness. The US military is cucked through and through.

In modern warfare is manually throwing grenades actually useful?

imagine a country like Australia going up against the might of the United States Armed Forces, whether they have grenades or not

I almost laugh out loud at the visualization of some abo in a cowboy hat with corks swinging around it throwing a grenade at an F22 streaking across the sky

POG filth

Not military confirmed

you retards are acting like the people who are gonna need grenades (door kickers) (grunts) won't know how to use them when the time comes.

I really don't care if a fucking desk driver gets to skip the training, it's the guys who have the job of running up to a building across an open field who need the training and will have it.

Well the idea should be that every soldier is a rifleman first. The marines have it right when they make every recruit go through infantry school.

Don't be a bigot. Why do people think trans women will not make great soldiers? They only need to spend a couple hours a day with a dildo up their neovagina so that it doesn't heal closed much like a piercing will heal closed unless a piercing is inserted in the hole.

Why do people think soldiers taking a few hours of time out in combat conditions to dildo themselves would be detrimental to combat effectiveness?

Sorry, it's not called a dildo, it's called a dilator. I hope I didn't trigger any brave trans people.

>An ANA retrieved it for him so he could reinsert the pin.
Good god that is like played fetch with dynamite.

"everyman is a rifleman" sounds nice until you look at the USMCs history and realize they manage to extravagantly fuck up damn near every operation they've been involved in since WW2.

All this feminizing of the military is just a peacetime PR act. If we ever get in a real war (not some kike proxy war) the military should return to its pre 9:11 standards

Doesn’t change the fact that is doesn’t hurt to have every marine trained in combat

Unless we are willing to decimate our enemy we can never win. Cavemen in Afghanistan are still fighting the USA after 17 years. All because we are forced to fight them with both arms tied behind our back.

It doesn't matter what technology we have if our commanders and legislators stab our troops in the back with fucked up rules of engagement and pointless missions with no clear objective or condition of victory.

I was kind of shocked that those thumb safeties work. They don't seem all that reliable just looking at them.

You can glean information from abundantly clear context. Congrats, you should have chosen a job that's not totally worthless.

the mk-19 is fucking dank, i love watching those on the fob videos. almost makes me wish i went milfag.

Did it help them at Chosin? Or was it the to-the-last-man stand by taskforce Faith that let them retreat safely?

Did it keep the marines in Najaf from buttfucking the coalition-al-sadr ceasefire and reigniting conflict across the country?

Sissy throw a grenade and you could get yourself blown up

No it's the fucked up missions they are sent on. It's command that is the problem. In Vietnam we would drop Marines into the jungle and get a bunch of them killed, them pull them out and not even try to hold any land. They died for nothing. They would also be commanded to capture a hill only to move out and give it back to the enemy.

The Marines are awesome. Our commanders are retards who never served in the military and don't even care about the troops.

Does it matter? Look at that recent "battle" in Syria with the Russian mercenaries. I'm sure those mercenaries were battle-hardened badasses with plenty of experience with grenades and explosives. A lot of them were probably vets of the second Chechen war. And yet, they all got obliterated without even inflicting a scratch on their attackers. That's modern warfare - you don't need to toss around physical grenades with your hands when you have entire integrated air-ground "systems" that demolish everything in front of them almost automatically.

They pulled the grenade off his body because they're low IQ thieves.

>1 guy fails a test
>all american soldiers are 1 person

typical aussie post

We've killed 100% of the insurgents in those countries a couple of times over. Our ability or willingness to kill people really wasn't lacking until later on. The real problem was the enemy's ability to reinforce with foreigners from neighboring territories.

>In Vietnam, a Marine regiment at Khe Sanh refused to come to the aid of a Special Forces outpost only four miles from their perimeter. On Febuary 7th, 1968, the camp at Lang Vei was overran by heavily armed North Vietnamese troops during an all-night battle. The Marines had earlier agreed to reinforce the camp in the event of an attack, but two requests for assistance were denied.

General Westmoreland himself had to order the Marines to provide helicopters for Special forces personnel, so they could be airlifted into the besieged outpost. By this time the post had been overrun, at a cost of 208 soldiers killed and another 80 wounded. Ironically, two months later this same Marine regiment would be besieged at Khe Sanh, and they would be relieved by Army troops of the First Cavalry Division.

The muhreens royally fucked up their race to baghdad and got plenty of goodboys killed just in an effort for media glory.

This. There’s 3 things that dictate how a war will end,
>military power/funding
>rules of engagement
>public support
Afghan, Iraq and Vietnam all had the first one by far, but when you give the troops 2737372 page long rules of engagements and nobody in the homeland supports the war, you’re gonna have a bad time.

You’re still not giving a proper downside to training every Marine in combat. It may not help al the time but it certainly doesn’t hurt.

grenades are still THE anti-infantry weapon of choice

>don't need to see the guy
>AoE so you don't even have to be incredibly accurate
>don't have to expose yourself
>Still able to kill him from a distance
>fantastic for room clearing without getting yourself killed

Anywhere combat takes place at short ranges (dense forest, urban areas, bunkers and fortifications) you want grenades.

>Dad served in Vietnam
>Said black guys LOVED grenades
>Would carry a ton of them all over their web gear
>Grenades were old as shit and rusty
>Once in a while you'd be on patrol and all of a sudden you'd hear *ping*
>Everyone would scramble to find it
>Was always a black guy's that fell apart

Terrifying

Which was my 2nd point. There is no goal to our war in Afghanistan. We just stand around waiting to be shot at or have trucks be blown up by an IED. There is no clear objective we are fighting for.

In WWII it was crystal clear. Kill the Nazis, kill the Japs. The Afghanistan war has now waged on over 4X longer than WWII, it is absolutely insane.

Grenades are hardly ever used now anyway. Their use is restricted now because command is worried about killing some shitskin kids hiding in the room so cutting it from basic, when most of those fags aren't even going into combat arms, isn't really an issue. Call me when women are being allowed to pass AIT while meeting none of the standards

Grenades have very stable explosives in them, they don't just "go off".

>call me when women are allowed to pass AIT

They are. Ranger school and marine infantry officer school both lowered their snafafds for women

Extremely

been useful ever since they were invented

Somebody who knows what they're talking about
good job, keep up the high energy posting

Very few women can even do a single pullup. Even relatively fit women. How can the ever be expected to carry a wounded comrade to safety?

Can't wait

>indian wars
custer necked by literal cave people
>war of independence
frog sponsored
>amerimutt-spanish war
moors were a dead empire lurching long before being false flagged
>ww1
zionist goaded and late to the party
>ww2
burnt nip women and children and then sacrificed 4M slav civs to Stalin's death camps (*operation keelhaul)
>korean war
all but beat then subsequently CHINKED.com
>vietnam
kekkake
>iraq 1
false flag vs. a lesser force than most island nations
>iraq 2
falser flag vs. a military that later dropped trou' and ran from 800 "ISIS" thugs
>afghanistan
bogged down in same sandpeople quick sand trap the russkies were
>syria
spit-fucked by Putin and Assad
>norks
flaccid and floppy, like the world have never seen...

>objective verdict, predicated upon veridical FACTS:
AMERIMUTTS ARE, POUND-FOR-POUND AND DOLLAR-FOR-DOLLAR SPENT, THEE WORST MILITARY OUTFIT IN THE HISTORY OF HOMO-SAPIEN ORGANISED WARFARE -- LITERAL CHONKORO TIER USELESS.

If it wasn't for the trillion$ stolen from their dumb-as-shit, gourmand goy populace - to fund their meme military boondoggles - amerimutts would be on par with New Caledonia and American Samoa, in terms of military clout.

>prove me wrong
>protip
>you cunt

Politicians don't give a single shit whether or not a woman would be able to drag your wounded ass to safety

We legitimately only use them for bunkers and trenches. Fighting at grenade range is incredibly rare and ROEs changed so you really can't use them in urban settings.

>you will never operate this hard
I just wanna flashbang kids n shit man
youtu.be/UG4DoJvyfbw?t=575

post our casualties vs theirs in every single one of those. all your answers are feels, i'd like to see numbers. we may be cunts for the kikes, but you just made a huge faggot post.

>I really don't care if a fucking desk driver gets to skip the training, it's the guys who have the job of running up to a building across an open field who need the training and will have it.
Why even bother having support divisions in the first place then? Just replace them with civilians.

xir army can't throw

We do it at mct. Im glad we didnt do it at marine basic because I was passing out while standing up and probably wouldve died.

because no civvie is gonna move 3 tons of sandbags fifteen feet to the left for minimum wage.

>can't use them in urban settings

Cause and effect. I blame the decline of baseball.

>There is no goal to our war in Afghanistan
Deny the Taliban their Caliphate while waiting for locals to get their shit together and build a functional society capable of dealing with pashtuns goat fuckers on their own ... it may take a while.

fucking POG

I think the principle is not that you are a re-trained expert on grenades, but that you've seen and used one, which is important psychologically.
Like exposure to CS and clearing your gas mask, most people never did 'the gas chamber' again but the use of a mask, demonstrated by not being able to breath then suddenly being able to breath again, is priceless training.
Thrown explosives will never, ever go away as a weapons system.

Too many females, and soy boys... and transgender faggots.

can I get that pic in a better res?

What if a jihadist who doesn't care about ROE tosses a grenade down your pants?

>all the Americans in this thread trying to desperately defend their shit country
Fucking based

>Because throwing grenades is so old fashioned.
>Because close quarters fighting is so Hollywood
>Because robots
>Lockheed 80trillionbillion program to use AI to throw grenades
>Boeing 80trillionbillion program to use funnels attached to surgical rubber tubing to throw grenades
>The F-35 will henceforth drop or throw grenades

>most people never did 'the gas chamber' again
My unit did it like twice a year. Grenades, however, I literally never saw again after bct. I trust my ability to use a gas mask because I did it time and time again at my unit. Not sure I would trust myself to not somehow fuck up throwing a grenade, because I got trained for one day, and then threw one or two live ones that same day.

>use funnels attached to surgical rubber tubing to throw grenades

because it's worth defending unlike your shithole
you're saying you wouldn't defend your shithole.

makes sense

Because training people to at least pull the pin and get it out of the foxhole before it blows your face off is just so trivial. It's only the military, what could possibly go wrong by having incompetent people?

Did you deduce that all by yourself, inspector?

Can we really judge them tho? I’ve never thrown a grenade. Maybe it’s a weird feeling/ weight distribution.

I’m sure that if bullets are coming at you that you would naturally throw a bit harder tho.

>you're saying you wouldn't defend your shithole
Literally when did I say that you stupid idiot?
>America worth defending
That's a laugh

What's this from?

>Ranger school and marine infantry officer school both lowered their standards
And the Special Forces

> sofrep.com/94786/careerism-cronyism-malfeasance-special-warfare-center-end-special-forces-capability/

> Regardless of one’s opinion on the topic, a universally accepted truth recognized by all parties is that if women yearn to join the force, they should meet the same standards achieved by those men they wish to serve with. This is where no reasonable person disagrees. No one has said “If they want to join, give them a lower standard so they can join.” Yet this is exactly where the current leadership has taken it upon themselves to inject an end state no one wants

> What they want, is to markedly lower the standards enough to ensure that any woman attempting this path will have absolutely no issue achieving it. They have said time and again that they want to maintain the standards, but have continuously lowered, and now eliminated them.

> Being able to say they graduated the first female Green Beret is a milestone no officer (devoid of principles, that is) can possibly pass up

>foxhole
Nigger you're way behind the times. They don't even let you dig in the ground at most bases. Legitimately they use foxholes dug like a decade ago to demonstrate how you'd dig one if you ever had to.

What's next? The god damned obstacle course? Hell, that way the army wouldn't be hateful towards retards because a lot of handicapable people could join :DDDDD

This is going to be a major setback in strategy. Remember one grenade can take out a small room of high ranking officers.

>low IQ
yes
>thieves
nah, war bounty

aand US Marine just put a 4th phase in bootcamp. Nice. USMC: 1 US Army: Ain't ready for marines yet

you implied it. Why laugh at others defending their country unless you yourself would not defend your own?

You are retarded, probably a soy boy

You forgot the war of 1812

Good can I buy surplus grenades now?