AR-15

Who makes money off the AR-15?
Who is their biggest competitor?
Why is it always "AR-15" that the media demonize?

Probably completely irrelevant but I'm still curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYfGq1yk66Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Media uses AR15 because the words Assault Rifle. Of course the AR does not stand for assault rifle but leftist think it is scary. So they use it for fear purposes.

It's pretty much the most common semi auto in civilian hands and it's also the platform the military uses. The AK-47 variants I guess would be the "competitor" but since Russian import sanctions and ramped mass producing the AR made it cheaper and better in recent years.

It's a meme gun for wannabes.
>real men own springfield

Real man's gun

Several companies make the AR-15. The dems threat to confiscate guns caused many people to purschase the rifles. Now the market is saturated and the price has dropped considerably. AR stands for Armalite Rifle. The name of the company that patented the rifle years ago.

>competitor
Wut? AR15 is not a brand, its the pattern. Originally designed for Armalite by eugene stoner, but now every arms manufacturer has an AR15 in their line up.

The SKS is a better choice than the AR15 as an all-around rifle IMO

AR platform in .308 is the only way to go.

>Who makes money off the AR-15?
like any of the 1000 US companies that make them, they're fucking everywhere

>8 MOA vs 1MOA
k

AR-15 is the name for that particular family of firearms. The AR stands for "Armalite Rifle" because it was designed by the Armalite corporation which was a part of the Fairchild Republic aircraft corporation back in the day. Many companies have their own versions since: Colt, Bushmaster, BCM, Noveske etc.
Its the same reason that an AK-47, AKM, Valmets and a Galil are Kalashnikov types, even though Mikihal Kalashnikov only designed the first 2 in that list because they use the same mode of operation.

Maybe if there was a single good magazine system for the sks

It already has a good magazine.

My baby.

why did hickok45 kill all those people?

>Buying anything from a company that lobbies for anti-gun legislation

Shoo shoo. Also, have fun with your bent op-rod. Be a real man and buy a PTR 91

YouTube is going to ban him aren't they.

using stripper clips in a semi auto is objectively worse than detachable magazines

AR refers to Armalite. In the 1950s, colt produced the AR rifle, which was a polymer stock carbine designed for civilian use. The Air Force liked it because of its light weight and adopted it. Then the Army did and so on and so on. AR = "Armalite Rifle" not fucking "Assault Rifle"

No it isn't.

It isn't at all hard to use.

SKS is easier to use prone than to have a large mag bulging out.

lol
objectively, it is not
lol right

>SKS
When will maglets ever learn?

Don’t be dense, having a detachable 30 round mag is preferable to a fucking SKS.

Objectively wrong in LITERALLY every single way

Objectively the best looking battle rifle ever made.

I agree unless you are a professional soldier who has all the time in the world to clean and maintain your M4 or AR. SKS is extremely reliable, simple and easily field strip. The AR is a pain in the ass to field strip, and there are too many small parts to loose. SKS and AK have three primary parts when you field strip them.

I love mine, tapco furniture, modded for 30 round mags w/ extended mag release, and a nice tact sling. bitchin' all around city rifle.

Why do you think no first class military uses a stripper clip system? I'll tell you why, it's because magazines are far easier to load properly without a jam and the enclosed magazine system is good at keeping dirt out of the action.

>he doesn't see the benefit of smearing poop on the bayonet and running it through someone

ok

Don't blame the Doc.

again, one of the many benefits of the AR platform over the SKS carbine is that the user of the AR may choose the best size mag for his task. hunters may also benefit from this in areas where, for example, one may only hunt with a firearm with a 5 round capacity.
>stop shilling for big SKS

the bestestest rifle

Real men own spoons, dumb colonial

If you’re having issues getting into the prone with a 30rd mag you’re not doing it right.

Sorry I responded below but was wrong about the company. I didnt realize Armalite was an actual co. I thought it was Colt.

You have to smith your SKS just to reach 1MOA. Not sub MOA, but 1MOA.

its true.. but none of these pussies can carry around a 10lb gun.

AK is the best rifle though
Just ask the Finns

>crapco
like I said, no good magazine system exists. You are far better off even a basic bitch africa-tier AK, which your autistic ass can load with stripper clips too if you want

>3 MOA

>Of course the AR does not stand for assault rifle

Improve your reading comprehension, Autismo Jones.

they couldnt possibly
he's probably one of, if not, the most actually "educational" channel on the whole damn platform

Would you willingly accept American colonization if we came in, curb-stomped your oppressive govt, and drove out the shitskins ruining your country?

Beautiful

AR is a cheap durable many-use weapon. If they ban it then the masses can't afford to pay more $$$ for the better rifle. Just another step to full scale disarming the people.

That's what the media think. I hear it all the time on CNN or ABC. The evil "AR" or "Assault Rifle" That was my point.

haven't used a stripper in this one since I modded it. took all of 20 minutes to do. eats ammo like a champ, no jams. best of all I need it to do. I can run 10-20-30 round mags. or a drum, but that's just showing off, and it's too damn heavy to drag around.

AK is the way to go for the masses. About the same price, and will never fucking jam and you can put 20,000 rounds through one before having any type of mechanical problem. Less accurate, heavier, fixed sights, shorter range, but more powerful. You can shoot through cinder blocks with an AK.

The gun sapped his brains and caused him to become a madman, causing him to shoot 45mm NATO shell clips at all of the poor chilluns.

>That's what the media think.
You mean, that's what the media wants the people to think. They are not ignorant, they aren't making mistakes, they know exactly what they are doing.

Oh shut the fuck up. You didn't even know armalite was a company. Neck yourself retard.

yes, I know. assuming you were defending the AR, I am on your side.

you mastered it, we perfected it

except you can't import new AKs, for now...

Firearm proliferation is a cancer on public health

Obama sold more AR15's than anyone. AK's too. Go look at the number of sales 2009-2015, its crazy.

lol

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I dont know shit. Fuck you asshole, I was 11B and then 76Y (armorer) in the fucking Army. So suck my Big Red 1.

If we can have guns, of course

>about the same price

Fuck off faggot pog, no one cares.

Hell, you can have guns, and sharpened spoons to boot

woah. calm down there, a sharpened spoon is waaayy too much for anyone here to handle

This, after Obongo got elected, every two bit machine shop started cranking out AR style rifles. This was due to the massive amount of weapon sells due to fears of a gun grab. They are pretty popular because they are the semi auto version of what our many veterans have been using since Vietnam. Something comforting about having a weapon system that you have been well trained on and are very familiar with.

I hate to say it but a fucking ar is a glorified .22. I'm American as fuck, but a .223 was built to wound and get soldiers off a battle field and make the enemy spend $$$ to fix guys and pay them forever. Probobly a jew thing. I prefer 762.39
>in before russian bot

I just like an ak so much more.

LOOK at THIS GOY SEE? OLD MAN can KILL multiple people in a matter of seconds so we have to BAN all guns to SAVE you from GUNNUTS

>Why is it always "AR-15" that the media demonize?
Protects them from litigation from arms sellers that they'd get by mentioning the actual rifle by name, AR-15 in this context means "AR-15 style rifle"

Nah. All those cheap American AKs like RAS47s will fucking blow up on you, every company built parts kit sucks and uses cheap parts, Russian imports are gone, and Arsenal's are pretty much all going to military contracts. Only good cheap AKs on the market now are Romanian or Yugo patterns. Decent quality ARs are just cheaper to build nowadays compared to AKs, that's why everyone and their mom is making them.

>5.56 was built to wound

when will this meme die? 7.62x39 is best used as an sbr round because the energy that it delivers into the target is not substantially effected by barrel length. Otherwise, 5.56 is superior. There's a reason Ruskies switched over to 5.45x39. You want your bullet to fragment and yaw to produce maximum cavitation

This is true. Sks owners are master race.

I've the Yugo version (Zapa) and I have shot the shit out of it with dirt cheap ammo, and it has never failed. But you're right there are a lot of good ARs out there.

>160503556
>556
wew

>Who makes money off the AR-15?
AR platform manufacturers
>Who is their biggest competitor?
Most semi-automatic tactical carbines are its biggest competitors, but the platform that it competes with the most are AK variant rifles
>Why is it always "AR-15" that the media demonize?
Because it sounds SCARY!! "AK-47" draws up images of Africans Russians and sand niggers, but "AR-15" makes people think about scary cops and right -wing Americans

tell the 17 people he just massacred that the .223 is just to "wound"

>tfw own rare M59 yugo

Norinco owners step aside

>5.56 was designed to wound
Go back to your vidya games

dementia finally set in and he thought they were 2 liters

It really depends on the type of 5.56/0.223 you use.

55 grain is a pea shooter, maybe "desigend to wound"

But 77 grain is incredibly potent (not as much as 762x39 though...)

You guys certainly finnished it

I know this because my father is a nam vet. Actually he was in country pre nam 1965-1968. He was a lrrp. Man the redpills of vietnam are plentiful.

>being a one pump chump
That ain't yer daddy's shotgun, private cowboy.

>bragging about using obsolete weapons

That thing looks like it weighs 30 lbs.

M1A's are my favorite thing by Springfield.

You mean detail strip. Which you don't have to do except to check parts after tens of thousands of rounds.

To field strip the AR you break it open and remove the bolt carrier. It's the easiest ever.

The only field maintenance an AR 15 needs is lubrication and barrel cleaning.

Best battle rifle every built. Hands down.

for you

youtube.com/watch?v=PYfGq1yk66Q

I don’t think the ar can be stopped... it’s like a lego kit... that gun taught many people how to build a gun from scratch... the cat is out

Same gun by different brands. How does that work exactly? Can I just open a factory and start building them? Is there a lot of difference between them in terms of price, quality, and features?

You have no idea what you’re talking about an AR field strips into a Lower receiver, upper receiver, bolt carrier, bolt, firing pin and firing pin retention pin. Those are the only parts nessecary to remove in order to clean the rifle and cen be disassembled entirely by hand

The AK strips into a “rifle”, receiver cover, bolt carrier, bolt, and gas cylinder. Without disassembling the firing pin (adds a retaining pin and firing pin) which requires a punch and is nessecary to clean a rifle in a field condition.

>average joe is limited to crap military FMJ

Well my boss invests in both the firearms industry and against it. Firearms and ammunition manufacturers actually make a ton of money off mass shootings as 2A guys go and buy 12 ARs after some Democrat gives a speech in the Senate railing against guns. Then you get into defense industry but that's a whole other topic. Also practically, the AR15 is easy to use and pretty cheap. Stick a shitty Aimpoint knockoff on one and you can do a lot of damage.

You can’t be this stupid.

The AR-15 the OP posted is made by Springfield, it's called the Springfield Saint...

He liked to carry thompson .45 cal., and carries1911 to this day.