A non-Japanese Asian character gets portrayed with squinty eyes while a Japanese character doesn't

>A non-Japanese Asian character gets portrayed with squinty eyes while a Japanese character doesn't

How delusional are the nips about their appearance?

They were buddies with Hitler so...

Honorary Aryans.

>>A non-Japanese Asian character gets portrayed with squinty eyes while a Japanese character doesn't
>How delusional are the nips about their appearance?
Squinty eyes is the universal way of how Asians portray foreign Asians.

This is the same between China, Korea and Japan. A narrative shorthand for "this is Asian but not like us".

But of course, Black Lagoon is a bad example, because Revy certainly isn't Japanese either. She just has "protagonist" eyes.

Pic related is sexiest Lagoon.

>But of course, Black Lagoon is a bad example, because Revy certainly isn't Japanese either. She just has "protagonist" eyes.
Also, Revy looked more Asian-like in her introduction in the manga. But that just vanishes over time.

>big-eyes = innocent
>small-eyes = serious
>slant-eyes = crafty (like a fox)

not too hard, watch more anime (or Disney)

this
/thread

So Hitler had the ability to make their eyes bigger?

Even funnier is you'll sometimes see Western characters being given smaller eyes than Japanese characters

>nips
>asian

Revy is probably a mixed chinese-american, Rock is the one who's out of place because they wanted to give him a generic self-insert MC appearance.

Hiroe Rei also did the character designs for RE:CREATORs and he made best gril squinty, she's supposed to be Japanese.

you can count on western characters to always have big mouths

Is it good ? What's up with all the Re brand by the way ?

They should do a spin off anime of the series she's from. All the other characters were pretty boring.

It's good for binging.

Blitz's story is better.

There is a difference between squinty eyes and fox eyes as well. Fox eyed characters always have their eyes closed, save for their occasion when they open them up which means shit is about to go down

>A narrative shorthand for "this is Asian but not like us".
This. Anime characters are extremely stylized, so a realistic traits makes you focus on it and helps specify where the character is from.

Because they have (more) realistic faces, it's on purpose.

It is the soul and personality of a character you see in anime, not necessarily physical representation. This is why some characters have blue hair and red eyes and so on.

Chinks are depicted squint eyed like certain animals considered scheming and underhanded. They are the asian jew and are illustrated as such.

Only reason i'm picking it up

Here's a handy guide from the US military

It's all a matter of perspective user. To make the eyes look bigger, you just have to lose some weight.

Another symbolism.
The wider mouth is there to depict louder speech, more teeth because they smile fully and more openly and so on.
The wide jaw depicts the cult to masculinity so over represented in the West and so on.

Neither is used as a show of biological polymorphism.

The blond hair and blue eyes on the other hand are. The japanese have always considered those the signs of a Westerner because their contact with Europe came mostly through the Netherlands for a good period of time.

Personally, I think that blonde hair/blue eyes at this point is 100% symbolism at this point, like most hair colours.

d-did it work?

In some cases it is.
Rich characters are depicted as blond and blue eyed, because their family tries to act like Westeners - in the eyes of the typical jap.

Rich japs which are more "traditional" are depicted as black haired and black eyed.

So it can be used as pure symbolism as well.

Interestingly in this case it is to depict a negative quality, but that escapes most weeabs.

>Rich characters are depicted as blond and blue eyed, because their family tries to act like Westeners - in the eyes of the typical jap.

Also sometimes to denote mixed heritage.

Particularly Jap dad/ white mom while inheriting exclusively white features.

Prepare to be as disappointed as I am by how little screentime she gets.

Japanese generally have bigger eyes than other Asians. They also have roughly a 10-15% chance of having light to dark brown hair naturally. Actually, roughly 50% of Japanese technically do have dark brown hair and not pitch black. At least, their genes say they do. The rest have actually black hair and not just super dark brown.

That's not squinty per se, that's just her having her eyelids low. You can see her eyes are actually big (or average for anime) with the lines.

And sometimes, frankly, it's simply "because it's how we do things", so the rich girl is blonde because rich girls are always blonde.

That's about as wide as she's ever opened them in the show, and she spends about half the time with them closed fully, she's noticably squinty compared to everyone else.

It is supposed to be a kitsune thing though.

Not at all. A better guide would have been "Do they look clearly Asian but not super Asian? Japanese. If they look like a caricature of an oriental, they're probably not Japanese."

Only the pronunciation thing worked.

Who do you think won the war?

Hei is Chinese and has normal eyes

Yeah, with a bomb or two.
It's not like they had people with binoculars on the Enola Gay going, "Get a little closer, I need to get a better look at their feet before we're sure."

Maybe it is all relative?

Non-asians think asians have squinty eyes. Asians think they some other groups have squinty eyes and they don't.

I liked the themes and lore of his story, but the main character was lacking appeal.

It would be interesting to see how they managed to end up in this mess, besides Magane is only a villian for a later volume of her series

>Japanese generally have bigger eyes than other Asians.
No they don't. There is a wide range of squint among the population

He's not the main character of his story though, nor is Magane the lead character of hers.

She is the best character in the show though, I would absolutely be down for any excuse to get more of her, doesn't seem like we'll get much more in RE:CREATORS itself.

Yet another reason the show is such wasted potential.

I never said that he was, his partner is who I was talking about.

>source: my ass

this

They all look the same though

I wonder what the success rate of this was. Imagine a trooper firing into a crowd of Chinese men because his book told him that all Japanese men look a very specific way.

>The rest have actually black hair and not just super dark brown.
Is there any actual difference between "very dark brown hair" and "black hair," genetically speaking, or is it all just melanin? Because I think it might all just be melanin.

>slant-eyes = crafty (like a fox)
Lies and slander.

Ah right, well Blitz would at least be the second most important character in that, whilst Magane's just one of several villains in her story, her story's protag doesn't seem any better than Blitz's.

Like I said I'd still want hers if I had a choice though because I need more of her.

His nen had the power of rubber and eye-magnification!? Truly a fearsome power indeed.

Smaller eyes = more evil
Squinty eyes = other asian
Anime eyes = native

It's their work, they can do whatever they want. If you don't like, go watch the billions of other anime there is that triggers other people and yet not you.

O

SIEG

The US had won the war far before any bombs were dropped. The battle of Midway essentially crushed any realistic doubt the US wasn't gonna completely rek the japs.

Uh, even the Japanese admit the war was over at that point. Tokyo was a fiery crater due to bombing runs. The 2 nuclear bombs were dropped purely because America wanted to test its newfound nuclear capabilities and they considered Japs subhuman.

NEIN

The war was won, and would've been won with or without the nukes, but his point was that they didn't win because that stupid guide to distinguish between japs and chinks was effective.

It's a multimedia project, they are all part of the same cinematic universe.

Asian looking anime girls look better.

I hardly believe it will spawn any spin offs in any realistic scenario. But, I'll give this to them, they are all different from what we get nowadays in some way.

Squinty eyes represent a character type not a race. The eyes are the window of the soul so characters with eyes that squint are supposed to be viewed as character with ambiguous motivations and morality, like a trickster character or a double crosser. Someone who you can't get a good read.

They didn't surrender until they actually dropped the bombs. The USSR was planning a land invasion, but we got there first with the bombs.
And this guy's right.

People always overestimate how "white" anime characters are supposed to look anyway, just because the eyes are apparently larger. Making bigger eyes in cartoons always makes things more appealing, it doesn't have anything to do with ethnicity, but neoteny.

I'm sure there are white women without pointy chins and downward facing noses

I can't believe it took the nips over a decade just to create this counter-bait image.

We truly are the superior chan.

WE WUZ ANIME N SHIEEEEET

It's not mine, I just found it somewhere. No idea how old it is.
Probably, but as somebody who's not an artist, it was kind of interesting to see a visual rebuttal of the "why all anime characters look white" thing. I'd always figured the real reason was because manga and anime started off influenced by American stuff, but it's clearly more complicated than I know

I know it isn't yours, you're just a dumb newfag that doesn't understand the fact that this image is a counter-bait to an old 2ch troll image.

I automatically assumed he was talking about Rock, but I guess it's easy to forget about the male protag when comparing him to Revy.

That's not Rotten.

oh
s-sorry

It's funny because western actors usually have really narrow eyes (westerners seem to find it attractive) while Japanese actors usually have bigger eyes. It's more a prefrerence of what they find attractive.

That's always cracked me up. Nips like to pretend they aren't squinty eyed golems like the other slopes, it's adorable.