The 2nd amendment begins with “well regulated militia” for a reason...

The 2nd amendment begins with “well regulated militia” for a reason... It’s to easy for crazy people to get guns in this country. If you can’t see it you are part of the problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w
youtu.be/P4zE0K22zH8
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7ldL1LM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ur a faget

This.
Gunfags leave the country now, and take that cocksucker Trump with you.
I am so tired of dumb white trash and their obsession with guns.

I don' think you burgers need to take guns away from people, just limit how easy they are to acquire. Make it really hard to get them. Like lots of mental health checks, IQ test, background checks.

SAGE
SLIDE THREAD

>Make it really hard to get them.

no

Republicans think due process is more important than safety. If you're dead, rights don't matter.

What about our rights to not be shot? Republicans may want to
read up on life, liberty and all that stuff.

NRA is a Nativist, terrorist Organization!

Social media platforms are NOT responsible for user content.

It is the NRA and their zombie, nativists who don't care about public safety!

news.yahoo.com/guns-dont-deter-crime-study-finds-180710261.html

Hmm how about some conclusions from actual studies and not shit infographics:

>A well-armed populace does not deter murders
>Higher ownership of guns in a state mean more armed robberies
>Higher ownership of guns in a state means more homicides
>There is no scientific data that supports the theory that a well-armed population would reduce violent crime, but plenty that shows the opposite
>Firearm assaults are 6.8 times more frequent in states with highest rates of gun ownership than states with the lowest
>Gun ownership correlates with higher rates of all homicides, not just homicide with a gun.
>Increases in gun ownership precede increases in violent crime.
>Where more people own guns, the homicide rate of friends and family increases.
>The presence of a gun in a home increases the rate of suicide.
- At least one Congressman / POL shitposter has admitted he doesn't care what the data has to say.

>the difference between free Americans and the rest of the world: the post

why not?

The Supreme Court was wrong in the Heller decision.

It was 5-4, and pretty shoddy work by Scalia in attempting to stick to his "textual" style of interpretation.

what makes you think im a Republican?

you dumb motherfucker, you just don't understand history do you?

SHALL

Subhumans like you that post stuff like this should be shot and I am not being ironic. it is stupid fucks like you that are the problem, guns dont kill people retarded assholes do

BE INFRINGED

I am the militia. Deal with it.

I don't give a fuck what party you support. You're acting just like a rethuglican with your gun drivel and NRA talking points.

Besides that, move on to my fucking argument.

Anyways, what part of Well regulated in the 2nd amendment do you gun nuts not understand, It was put in there to protect us from people like you.

Here's a video for you shitstains to get educated from.
youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w

Guns are used to kill people, they should be limited to 1 per person

The actual phrasing make it clear: Because equipped militias are necessary to secure a free society, the right for people to bear arms should not be infringed.
It's clear that regulated means equipped based on contemporary literature. It's also VERY clear from the syntax that it's because the militia is needed that the PEOPLE have the right to bear arms.

>MUH 3 words

The right to bear arms is ALREADY “infringed” for many, and for very good reason. Here’s a short list of things that could easily happen if we were to give you your way, remove all “infringements,” and completely deregulate the Second Amendment:

>A career felon could walk out of prison, and purchase a full-auto AK-47 from Walmart
>Your psycho ex could buy a sniper rifle and silencer from “some guy” for $100
>A mentally handicapped child could get a pistol from a vending machine
>Known terrorists and those with terrorist affiliations could easily purchase Stinger missile launchers to shoot down airliners, and RPGs to blow up your Hummer
>Any nutjob could walk out of the asylum, buy a grenade launcher and flamethrower, and visit your kids at school.

Because the purpose of gun control is to enslave the masses.
Plenty of people see your emotional manipulation for what it really is, that's all.

The Second Amendment also say " the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

All this makes me want to do is get a gun and kill antigun people.. I've had enough.

Even Penn & Teller think you're a fucking idiot. youtu.be/P4zE0K22zH8

false equivalent bullshit. typical violent idiot pseudo-logic.

The 2nd amendment was a mistake and the constitution is not even worth the ancient paper it is printed on.

nativists aren't people. they are threats to public safety

it's a terrorist organization, promoting gun proliferation.

>just give us your guns goy
>just let us change the second amendment a little bit
>while we’re at it let’s change the first amendment
>why not edit the fourth too?
>the fifth is outdated also, fix it
>the sixth was written too long ago, time for a rehaul
>oh, you can’t breathe? Sorry my boot is on your neck

>rethuglican
lmaoooooo
>posts John Oliver
ohh my god what an intellectual im so BTFOd lemme give all my guns away because I'm an evil white male and let the racist police department that liberals dont trust protect me with their 5-15 minutes response times when my house is being broken into

You are nothing more than totalitarians demanding that people submit to your authority

This is the 800 year anniversary of the Magna Carta. Only three of its many statutes are considered relevant today. And so it will go with the Second Amendment.... eventually. I only hope it won't take 550 years.

If only we could have so common sense voter ID laws.

>How to Lie by Omission: The Post

I don't understand this logic. Why do you need high powered firearms so readily available. I'm not even saying you can't have them, but you should only make them available to qualified and sane people. Why are you trying to make it easy for people who shouldn't have guns to have them?

It almost seems like you were ready with these cartoons and talking points.

You have the rights to not be shot. By all rights stay inside all day clinging to life.

I have traveled all over the globe. Not once did I walk the streets of a foreign country in the middle of the night with any fears. People of all race, creeds, colors and class walking the streets peacefully. In this"civilized country"? No fucking way. Sure we have our "freedoms"... but gunnuts keep us reasonable people in chains. Chains of fear of being shot.

That there are no tyrants on the left is a direct result of an armed populous.

Jackass.

>he doesn't know what 'well regulated' meant in the language of the day
>doesn't know that 'regulated' meant "in order" or that "militia" meant all able bodied men
A well armed citizenry, being necessary...

You can fuck off now.

gun-wielding Nativists contribute nothing to society but violence and aggression. you are a disgrace

You.

Well regulated meant well supplied and in good condition. Every American is considered part of the militia. Try again faggot.

Magna Carta isn't the Law of the Land in the United States you fucking retard

Communist detected.

Well regulated means "well trained/ready to act" it doesn't mean more regulations you colossal faggot. Look at the contemporary use of the word before you make yourself look like more of a drooling retard.

lol
> is innocent life valuable?
> no
that's a quick philosophical route

>The Democrat platform.

Truly baffling how Hillary managed to lose.

Hope your family gets killed loser.

those are the ideals of the founding Fathers, you ignorant fascist Nazi scumbag.

go die in a dumpster fire and take your Nazi ideology with you.

>i want to strip the american people of their inherent rights
>im the good guy

I'll just drop this here

I think it just requires five justices to think a bit differently about the meanings of words.

reg·u·late
ˈreɡyəˌlāt/
verb
past tense: regulated; past participle: regulated
control or maintain the rate or speed of (a machine or process) so that it operates properly.
"a hormone that regulates metabolism and organ function"
synonyms: control, adjust, manage
"the flow of the river has been regulated"
control or supervise (something, especially a company or business activity) by means of rules and regulations.
"the organization that regulates fishing in the region"
synonyms: supervise, police, monitor, check, check up on, be responsible for; More
set (a clock or other apparatus) according to an external standard.
This is why the Obama supreme court stolen seat and rigged election were so crucial to you russian traitors. You fucking gun nuts ruined the country.

Hi, retards. see

One-man militia here. Go fuck yourself, you liberal sack of shit.

But a family who illegally crosses the border is a perfect angel for breaking the law

Yes it's an explanation.

A well regulated militia being required to maintain a free state...

"What is the militia? Excepting a few civil servants, it is the whole people."

... the rights of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms...

it doesnt say "the rights of the militia". It says the people. So unless your argument is "you arent a person until you join a militia" you have no leg to stand on.

However we understand your aversion to the second amendment. Your meme flag says it all. You fear freedom.

As Hitler said "The people want to be led, they NEED to be led." And in order to protect ourselves from the likes of you and Hitler

...shall not be infringed.

bull shit Scalia misinterpretation.
typical trigger-happy delusions of persecution, psychosis.
firearm proliferation is a menace to public safety

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Guess what sucker that means the people.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

gun control laws only apply to people who acquire their guns legally. if you take away guns from people who have them legally, you still gotta deal with the people who have them illegally. how do we deal with that?

the 2nd amendment exists to protect the 2nd amendment. any man who says to themselves "you just don't shoot THOSE people under any circumstances!" is a submissive idiot.

Scalia failed to adhere to his "textual" interpretation.

Do it in paris, london, or any of the cities in brazil or south africa, I fucking dare you.

>You own a gun so your automatically a killer!

Demonizing gun owners is not going to fix any problems. You can't demonize the other side and expect them to change.

>he thinks 1700s Anglo philosophers were talking about "government regulation of guns" and not making a reference to militias needing to be well-supplied

Also, all of the Founding Fathers, several of which going on to become Presidents, were okay with guns being owned by civilians. I'd say their intentions were clear.

Fucking leftards trying to add revisionism to a document that's nearly 300 years old.

Neck yourself immediately

>the 2nd amendment exists to protect all other amendments
Fixed.

It's not actually legal for black and mexican gangs to own them.
Firearms are the only thing necessary to a free state. They are mandated but only intended for whites patriotic to the US.

hope you live in shame for the rest of your life, quack.

As expected, dipshit gun owner can't count past 2.

You realize the 4th amendment already doesn't apply to your cell phone and computer, and doesn't apply to your house if a marathon is bombed nearby. The 5th amendment is being eroded by civil forfeiture before even stepping in front of a jury, and if your dumbass gets put on a watchlist the 8th amendment can be stripped away too.

I'm just glad you guys are there to protect my rights to shitpost and shove my ar 15 in my ass while I masturbate thinking about being the good guy with a gun during a terrorist attack.

RECREATIONAL. MC. NUKES.

This. Fuck OP. Grammatik macht frei

>...the right of the PEOPLE
Meaning, the people. Not the "militia".

But it doesn't matter either way because the "militia" is per law considered THE PEOPLE. So no matter how you try and splice up the 2nd Amendment, you'll always be wrong.

Definition of regulate in 1790:

Here you go faggot. Hope this clears this up. Can't believe a Leaf needs to school you on your own constitution.

gun culture isn't masculine. it's weak-willed.

perhaps if people didn't keep getting spree killed in places that are already illegal to have a gun I might take fun control seriously

I almost feel the gun argument is unwinnable.

You are, for all intents and purposes, "climate deniers," flat earthers, science deniers. You have a huge emotional stake in not seeing the "causality" of things you espouse, to things that are happening.

Gun love is like religion. Facts are useless.

I'm going back to DU and /r/politics so I never have to deal with you fucking ignorant facist shitheads ever again. You are NOT the fucking majority opinion in the world and I cannot wait until your opinions are squashed like the roaches you are. These innocent childrens' blood is on YOUR hands. Please never reproduce or spread your toxic ideas elsewhere.

I can make edgy comics too.

The comma indicates a separate clause. Be gone.

Forgot the link, so I guess I'm also a faggot, but at least I have an excuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7ldL1LM

Buy a gun for yourself so you can protect yourself from these "crazy" people.

Guns aren't the problem, it's the people.

>in other words, the 56%ers

Nice opinion. Good thing you aren't and never will be on the supreme Court.

gun-worship is exactly what Freud talked about the obsession with phallic symbols.

it's a civil religion, with no basis in reality, the textbook definition of psychosis.

>A "silencer" does not make the gun silent, it still sounds like a damn jackhammer when you shoot it.
>Convicts are not allowed to buy guns already
>People don't have easy access to the type of weapons you are talking about
>80% of gun deaths are caused by handguns
>Most gun deaths are suicide
>Las Vegas would have happened no matter what, becasue 7 of the guns were illegally obtained

And finally:
>Learn about something before you make arguements

>>A career felon could walk out of prison, and purchase a full-auto AK-47 from Walmart

He has served his time and all his liberties MUST be FULLY restored. Bar none.

>>Your psycho ex could buy a sniper rifle and silencer from “some guy” for $100

Innocent until proven guilty. We do not convict our citizens without a trial nor restrict their liberty based on what someone MIGHT do but has NOT done.

>>A mentally handicapped child could get a pistol from a vending machine

Pure bullshit.

>>Known terrorists and those with terrorist affiliations could easily purchase Stinger missile launchers to shoot down airliners, and RPGs to blow up your Hummer

Propelled explosives are not "arms", nor covered by 2nd Am.

>>Any nutjob could walk out of the asylum, buy a grenade launcher and flamethrower, and visit your kids at school.

Again, not "arms". Nor are Crew Weapons such as howitzers, tanks, jet planes or nukes.

Goddamn, you are one ignorant fuck.

So who gets to define the parameters of a "well-regulated militia"? The government?

Well, bye.

it's pretty much irrelevant, the lower courts all handle their jurisdictions independently.

plus, the job is bullshit, even with tenure.

gun culture isn't inherently masculine nor weak-willed but a vast majority of people who partake in the culture are far more masculine than the faggots on the left who want stricter gun control.

Because we don't trust the government, much less liberal retards, to be responsible with this filter.

>when the 2nd amendment was conceived.

When the 2nd amendment was conceived I could purchase a fucking cannon and roll up to the front of the school so don't tell the semi-auto guns we can own today, .50 caliber and below, would have been a violation to the 2nd amendment in the way our founders conceived of it.

Shill flaggot confirmed.