5 years
target 2 billion
cheap 3D

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5vcl9i
twitter.com/yuyucow/status/890966753068691458
youtube.com/watch?v=fRfa9TRIt3Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the original movie was really good, OP. I feel like shaft is just trying to remake that.

>it's a lazy shot-for-shot remake

I legit don't see a problem with that.

I mean, if you can't top it, might as well copy it.

>cheap 3D
What?

Inexpensive 3 Dimensional images

3D worse than PS1

Ah. I was looking for it in OP's gif, that's what had me confused. That bottom left, god damn.

That would effectively make Iwai the actual director, so I'd probably be okay with that, as someone who hasn't seen the original. Wouldn't be any credit to Takeuchi, of course.

It'll have a girl in a school swimsuit drawn by Poyoyon Rock so I'll watch it anyways.

>When I think Shaft can not be more lazy.

>shaft wants the kimi no nawa audience
>with their iconic garbage production values

welp

Is the film out

So?

Looks pretty good to be honest.

dailymotion.com/video/x5vcl9i

No, it comes out on the eighth.

Railroad Tycoon 3's models looks better than this trash.

it's reduced framerate to give it better consistency with the 2d

It's pretty common for anime to use live action references either way.
twitter.com/yuyucow/status/890966753068691458
Your name does exactly the same shit and it's not as if Koe no Katachi wasn't using obvious cheap ass 3DCG backgrounds throughout the movie they blur the shit out of so you can't see.

what does this have to do with fireworks

People acting like these shortcuts are anything unique to a SHAFT production when they're universal. Just showing how ignorant these people are.

it can be both a shortcut and a deliberate look that is not completely unintentional from low effort

jesus christ that rotoscoping is terrible

The referencing in Your Name is much better-handled than the awkward attempt here

What's the point of THIS KIND of remake? it's beyond lazy. No directoral vision at all. May as well just run the original movie through a photoshop filter to simulate cell shading

Is there ANY difference in the story from the original?

Quite a bit. The original TV movie has a runtime of only 49 minutes.

This. Looks janky.

MOVIE 90 minutes

Looks neat

Oh man, they're really going to pad it with unnecessary drama. Now I'm dreading it.

Jesus christ. This just screams "misunderstandings"

People like you are just looking for anything to hate.
>what's the point if it's just the same how terrible!
>actually it's not
>oh god it's different it's going to be terrible!

>What's the point of THIS KIND of remake?
To sell merchandise to otaku with minimal effort.

>implying
I honestly had my doubts this remake would be able to top Iwai's film in the first place. Now that I know it's definitely added original content, I highly doubt it will be anything other than melodrama shit.

All the 3D you're talking about on the PS1 was FMV anyway.

>it wasnt even rotoscoped, they just used it as a source to compare with when animating
I'm not sure I believe it.

They've done a pretty good job of rotoscoping in both cases then because they both look far more like hand drawn animation. None of that classic line wobble or odd floaty movement rotoscoping tends to give.

I can't wait until the BDs come out. It will probably be my AOTY.

Shhh, you're ruining their blind hatred.

I think their problem isn't so much it was based on humans, if you want to animate human like actions you are going to use a human model anyway, but rather the fact that they took the live action movie and just tried to copy it frame for frame, pretty much.

But it's probably just a few iconic scenes.

I don't know. Kimi no Wa copied an entire segment from Niji-iro Hotaru. Clip related

youtube.com/watch?v=fRfa9TRIt3Q

At least they didn't do it frame by frame.

Mitsuha's running style is completely different to the kids for example, different camera work, running down the bank has more detail in the surroundings.

It's clearly based on Rainbow Colored Fireflies, but it's also clearly a shout out to it.

Do you even know what 'Copy' even mean?

I movement looks way jankier in Your Name.