Catholic General

CATHOLIC GENERAL
Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask questions, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing from the links in the next post, please ask for it to be included while providing a link.

>LENT STARTS TODAY, IT'S ASH WEDNESDAY
Lent is a period of fasting, prayer, and refinement that lasts the forty days before Easter. To understand the rules of Lent, here is a link for you:
catholicnewsagency.com/column/rules-for-lent-1114/
Here are your daily readings:
usccb.org/bible/readings/021418.cfm

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
pastebin.com/NVcvpAEP
pastebin.com/H06aCfNe
pastebin.com/Gq0Rf4TL
pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe
pastebin.com/LnCungNW
pastebin.com/ZU01sygz
pastebin.com/TXRv3hHG
pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP
pastebin.com/dQGrKhZu
pastebin.com/7ibTzYiD
pastebin.com/ZFhcHLTC
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
youtube.com/watch?v=xFIXMM1KWyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I prefer dealing with the New Atheist crowd from 2014-2015 and Protestant bullshitting than the pagan crowd of now. Funny enough, the former was more honest.

There is no "pagan" crowd. It's a leftypol psy op to make Christianity less appealing since they know Christianity is a pillar of western civilization and is incompatable with communism.

This is possible too, and would explain the lies that get spread around.

The myth of "nice guy" Jesus

Hahahaha, just got back. Glad to see you've already put the Christ-chan to use!

For you.

At least the Atheists are openly opposed to our ideas as they exist. Fagans just spew bullshit constantly and are more harm than good. I'd gladly work alongside one if they weren't so intent on schism in the right.
>"But muh ancestors"
That they can't even name whilst selectively ignoring their Christian ones
>"But muh foreign religion"
That had nothing but European Popes for the majority of its history
>"But muh Jewish conspiracy"
Which is why there's such a loathing of christianity by the elite
>"But muh European culture"
If these niggers think Christianity still isn't fucking European after being the dominant Religion in Europe for centuries, then nothing is European.
>"B-Buh we have to get rid of Christianity cause MUH EVROPA"
For fuck's sake what the fuck do you expect to happen if Europe went Pagan tomorrow? Thor would fucking come down from the sky and kill all the Muslims? All the faggots and soyboys would suddenly see their testosterone triple? People would suddenly have willpower to resist degeneracy? No. The fucking fact is nothing would change and you'd just end up with the "#OdinIsForAll" Hashtag lighting up twitter, and all the hipsters and mutts you hate in Heathenism NOW would suddenly find themselves in good company.

The Shroud of Turin

I'm kind of glad I've increased my range of anime so I can figure out what the Christ-chan is based off.

I'm quite surprised, I haven't actually seen many Aus-anons in these threads the last few days. I think you're the first I've seen. Unless the others are templar-anons.

>I haven't actually seen many Aus-anons in these threads the last few days.
I post here from time to time to help out the Christian presence on Sup Forums. Wolfshiem convinced me to make the jump to Catholicism about 3 years ago and I haven't looked back since.

Well will you look at that Wolf, you're pretty good at converting us southern hemisphere folk.

though unfortunately i think the discussion for the day will be dying down at around this time. I could never really get Christian threads to kick off at around this time when I had them running 2 years or so ago.

God bless you all. Also, there is no god and everything is pointless!

Stop worshipping the demiurge

I'm inclined to agree.
The Christian presence on Sup Forums diminishing between the creation of /his/ and the election migration has not been helpful either. I kick myself for not being more active with generals then.
What I do to kickstart threads is post a heads up in all relevant threads and the Trump/Syria General. Seems to get things going easily. It's worth it if you want to get a general going. Very simple too:

"CATHOLIC GENERAL - GET IN HERE [link]"
The practice has always served me well.

You have out-smugged me.

Is masturbation a sin?

all priests are child molestors and your god does not exist. thomas aquinas was the shit tho

>Catholic
>disobeying the pope

stop larping faggots

I wish I was that little girl

Yes.
Well at least you got the late part right.
All priests, nor the majority by any regard, are child molesters. And God does exist.
There is nothing wrong with disobeying or disagreeing with the pope on things not explicitly defined as doctrine.
That's nice, user. But you're you, the only one in the world.

Which verse though?

I know I'm the only one, but why can't I be that only one?

>baptist image

>There is nothing wrong with disobeying or disagreeing with the pope on things not explicitly defined as doctrine.

oh I see "love you're enemy like yourself" and that "charity" blabbing is totally not a central part of the christian doctrine
kiss fucking nigger feet and turn the other cheek faggot or stop larping

why are german posters always the worst posters.

>turn the other cheek faggot
that's not what that means retard. it means to not be quick to anger, not to be a cuck for the nth time.

There is none for specifically masturbation. Just ones for sexual immorality generally when sexually immorality in that time included masturbation.
Because that is not how you created, user.
>oh I see "love you're enemy like yourself" and that "charity" blabbing is totally not a central part of the christian doctrine
That's not where the disagreements lie with most people here.
>kiss fucking nigger feet and turn the other cheek faggot or stop larping
u wot m8
Stop being upset that we aren't being your understanding of Christian. Your understanding seems to be pretty shit.

>why are german posters always the worst posters.
I think its just this one german guy shitting up all our threads the last week.

Nah, I always see BS from German ID's. they're especially bad on Sup Forums

Well that's not fair.

You should try conforming your will to reality, not being upset that reality isn't conforming to your will. It's just good practice.

There is no god. And, in general, nothing supernatural exists.

Prove the opposite or else you are a bunch of archaic faggots

How did we go from that to this?

Well, architecture threads would say the Jews, but...

I was told that any Protestant who reads the early church father's becomes a Catholic. Is this true? And where do I start?

>have holy writing that exactly claims what to do
>"lol it don't means what it says eks deee"

>Stop being upset that we aren't being your understanding of Christian. Your understanding seems to be pretty shit.

you claimed to be catholic, so your morals are defined by the Catholic church and their interpretation of the bible, if you try to qualify that in another way or oppose it you are simply a protestant or agnostic or some shit
it's that easy

I've heard this saying before and it seems to be reasonably accurate, I believe the usual reccomendation is to read the works of St. Augustine, but wolf would know better than me.

>can't into abstract thinking
your iq must be extremely low. I'm sorry.

Alright, I will check that out. Thanks.

How? It's easier said than done.

Start with St Ignatius

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

I was fucked in the ass by a Catholic priest.
Fuck you and your non politics related General
Saged and reported

No problem. Please ignore semi-heretical altar placement.

We've had this discussion many times before. The necessity of Divine Conservation would show the existence of a deity. Pic related is a back-to-back debate on it.
In terms of the supernatural, a fun way to show the supernatural would be to show goal-direction (innate purpose) in nature. The prime example would be the existence of intellect, by which we come to goal-directed things such as inductive reasoning (the basis of science) and beliefs.

To reject it as being goal-directed would be to show that there is no actual such thing as reasoning (which is the failure of Eliminative Materalists) and thus refute itself.

>abrahamitic religions permit individual thinking
>being this delusional

I left the church at an early age and was never confirmed, how do I now as an adult go back to the church? I've been thinking about it now and I have no clue how to go about this the right way.

>The most prominent and respected scholars, philosophers and scientists in history were Christians
>Christianity doesn't permit individual thinking

Depends on if you were baptized or not, iirc.

Visit your local church and ask about RCIA

>you claimed to be catholic, so your morals are defined by the Catholic church and their interpretation of the bible, if you try to qualify that in another way or oppose it you are simply a protestant or agnostic or some shit

Yes, I am Catholic and try to keep to morality as defined by the Catholic Church. This is not contrary to any of this. Again, you don't seem to understand the religion you're talking about so I'd suggest not trying to call us non-christian for not fitting your understanding of it.
user, that's horrible. Surely you brought that into dispute.
Announcing reports is a reportable offense, by the way.

Catholic parishes have this thing called RCIA (Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults). It's basically Intro to Catholicism classes where you can ask as much as you like. It ends in your Baptism at Easter. If you're already baptized then it still helpful.
If you want to look into information on the faith I can provide sources of information that will be valuable and also answer questions if you give me a topic.

Bit busy atm, but if someone hasn't got back to you in 25 minutes I'll help you out user. I'm sure Aus bro or Wolf has ya though.

rofl nice one faggot xD

>>The most prominent and respected scholars, philosophers and scientists in history had syphilis
>syphilis don't permit individual thinking

I called you non-catholic, not non-christian

>legitimately trying to make so stupid a comparison

>Lent is a period of fasting, prayer, and refinement that lasts the forty days before Easter
I'll abstain from meat and coffee.

GRUG NO LIKE OTHER GRUGS WHO READ THE BIBLE.

WORSHIP BIG SHAMAN IN BIG HAT OR GRUG SMASH!

xD lmao you got him good!

>catholic thread
>picture of baptist church

heretic user, i ....

God bless you all.

Catholic priest =cp
Coincidence?

Do I really need to believe in Jehovah or in Christ in order to go to heaven? Aren't my good actions enough?

What if there is one person who is good and nice with others, but doesn't believe in God. Are his believes more important than his actions?

>ANTICHRIST GENERAL
>Let's all worship and pray to the Whore of Babylon before we eat our idolatrous bread and wine
>Everyone disregard 2 Thess. 2:3-4 and 1 Tim. 4:1-3
>Just burn every copy of the Bible you find
Repent and believe in the Lord Jesus to salvation from your sins before it's too late (Acts 16:30-31, Hebrews 10:10, 1 Tim. 2:5, 2 Cor. 5:17)

Tfw the image I was originally going to post was over the size limit

>Aren't my good actions enough?
No. God is pure goodness. His standards are too high for you to ever meet. Ever lied? Treated your parents with disrespect? Ever coveted something that isn't yours? Cheated? Stole? You're not a good person user.

All those things are considered actions.

self gratification is a sin

unless you really have to do it for some medical purpose

well shit I fucked up
I wanted to write:
>syphilis don't permit individual procreation

It would have to be as the Christian faith is older than the English language.
That's even stupider.

you people should not waste time following a 1000 year old outdated religion. Look to the world and universe

Truth never becomes "outdated".

>legitimately not making an argument and making vague, broad statements

every pope since Vatican II is not legitimate in my eyes

when I see a german flag I just assume it's a muslim and disregard the post

same goes for brit flags, see:

>1000yo
>Look to the world and the universe
what do you think we have been doing?

That's because christcucks are a cancer to our race. Morals before ethnicity am I right?

Oh boy, here we go.

There is no reason to preference one above another. If people are different biologically, then they are different biologically and we should act on that. Regardless, we should seek what is good for all things.

>Look to the world and universe
I did, it led back here

probably true. or """"""""germans"""""""

Nah doesn't have to. I unironically think amerimutts should be christian, Germanic paganism only allows Germanics. Christianity on the other hand is like islam a civil nationalist ideology.

Christianity is pretty much dead in western/north Europe, and our old religion is rising up again. There's no point in bashing your non-white religion.

>inb4 edgy fedora larpagan

I hate atheism more than any christian on Sup Forums since I think it comes of christianity, protestantism specifically

>he thinks I'm Christian
Im neither Christian nor protestant nor any other sort of abrahamic faith.

Oh I thought you were an christian too. Well I assume every burger flag who is a christian is secretly a shitskin since I know that mexicans and blacks are very religious

Any movement within the Catholic Church to bring back Latin to Mass?

What was religious education like pre-Vatican II? Did people actually learn Latin in CCD?

Roman pagan, as a matter of fact. I simply have a great appreciation of architecture, plus /cathgen/ is usually pretty comfy.

Tradcaths are all about that.

rude. no shit skin here.

mexican catholics seem to be like more protestants in some way. call themselves catholics and identify with some traditions but aren’t that ritualistic.
blacks are baptists.

This is actually pretty accurate, from my own experience.

>Overbin
pastebin.com/NVcvpAEP
Containing all further pastebin links.

>The Basics of Christianity,
pastebin.com/H06aCfNe
This one I highly recommend to people wanting to relearn the faith, learn of Catholicism, or simply learn Christianity better.

>The Papacy and Church Authority
pastebin.com/Gq0Rf4TL

>The Communion and Intercession of Saints
pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe

>Sacred Tradition and its Connection to Scripture
pastebin.com/LnCungNW

>The Problem of Evil and the Problem of Hell
pastebin.com/ZU01sygz

>Galileo, Giodano Bruno, and Wycliffe
pastebin.com/TXRv3hHG

>Why Mary is called "Queen of Heaven".
pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP